Delta Air Lines

"I don't have my luggage yet"

Trip Verified | The worse airline I've ever used. I've arrived to Minneapolis and didn't find my two luggages. They were left in Paris. I've filed a claim, they don't answer the calls and when they answer their rude customer support representative will hung up the phone and tell you he is helping another customer. They will tell you you will get a compensations "estimated $50 per day for the items you purchase due to the delay" but they won't! Very unprofessional staff. Very irresponsible this is my 3rd day here and I don't have my luggage yet!
RouteParis to Minneapolis

"Awful customer service"

Trip Verified | When I, along with 5 others in my group, tried to check in on 1 Aug for trip home from Warsaw, the agent said our names were in the computer but no seats could be issued. Zero explanation even though we had confirmation numbers. Finally reached Delta after flight left and told by a very callous employee that we would have to wait until 13 Aug to leave. We found multiple other options with other carriers, but Delta didn’t want to pay for those. On our own dime, we took a 15 hour train to Amsterdam to fly out on 4 Aug. Upon arrival in Boston, we spent nearly 3 hours on tarmac due to mechanical issue before returning to gate. No hotel voucher provided to spend night in Boston. And to top it off, I was only one in the group to receive my checked baggage. Awful customer service and complete disregard for their customers.

"Horrible customer service"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | Horrible customer service. I travel over 6 times a year as I work in the US and my family lives in Brazil and Delta gave me the worst experience I have ever had in my life of travels. The flight was delayed for 4 hours then canceled and rescheduled for 22 hours later with no hotels or amenities offered (only a 30 dollar voucher). The rescheduled flight was delayed once again and communication was scarce. Would not recommend this airline to anyone. Pathetic customer service/care for the lack of a better word.
RouteNew York JFK to São Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2022

"experienced very poor customer service"

Not Verified | Unfortunately we experienced very poor customer service on this flight. The boarding staff were flustered and short tempered with all passengers due to some confusion and then forced about 20 of us to sky check our luggage without explanation, which was extremely inconvenient as we were then taking a connecting flight with another airline and this added significant delay to our travel time. Upon boarding there were several open overhead baggage bins many of which remained completely empty for the flight making our forced baggage check completely unnecessary. Needless to say, I would avoid taking this airline again if not necessary.
RouteLos Angeles to San Francisco
Date FlownAugust 2022

"canceled last minute with no explanation"

Not Verified | 11 people, very important, once in a lifetime family trip, canceled last minute with no explanation. Only option 24 hours later. Horrible service. Unbelievable for a company who’s sole purpose is customer service to do this.
RouteSalt Lake City to Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2022

"It has terrible service"

(Venezuela)

Trip Verified | Delta Airlines arbitrarily canceled the two flights I purchased. The first Miami - New York with little time before the departure time received an email with the change for 3 hours later causing inconvenience but arriving in New York the same day selected. The second very serious mishap was when we arrived at the airport and found out that the flight to Miami on Sunday 7/31 was cancelled. They did not give an explanation or solution for the problem they caused. After several hours and before the claim of rights that we passengers have. I was placed in a 3 star hotel without any other benefits. It is well known that they must provide passengers with lodging, food, transportation and make the necessary arrangements for them to arrive at the destination by air as they purchased the original ticket. They must close this airline that does not comply with the published schedules or routes. It has terrible service and the employees are poorly trained.
RouteMiami to New York
Date FlownAugust 2022

"The staff are hit or miss"

Not Verified | Delta is generally fine for people looking to save money and are eager for adventure. The staff are hit or miss for kindness but nothing above and beyond (like what you might find in higher quality airlines like Singapore Air, Korean Air, ANA, etc). There were a lot of mix ups (we didn’t get the baby bassinet we reserved, we didn’t get the 100% fruit meal we reserved, etc.) and many times it felt like the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. The most challenging issue was that the connection flight was several hours late and no genuine support was given for a place to rest which can be especially hard for families with babies and young children. If your priority is health, especially for medical conditions or families with small children, higher quality airlines might be a better fit. The food was fine, not the freshest but not poor quality. They kept advertising about how free the wifi was but when you go in, it’s only free for T-Mobile subscribers (felt like either a bad joke or deliberate deception). In-flight entertainment however was about an 8/10 (lots of great English movies music etc for all ages, but almost nothing available for other languages [only subtitles]).
RouteSeoul Incheon to Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2022

"try to avoid using your services"

Not Verified | I book flights for my three children and I. And return flight with my wife included. We check in online well in advance and we get assigned seats all over. With a 9-year old daughter. Despite the fact the seats around me have not been assigned. This industry and business wants to charge you $79.00 to purchase the seat just next to you that hasn’t been assigned. Really? 5 tickets. Four tickets purchased together with minors and Delta can’t put me on the same row on a red eye flight with unassigned seats. Happened on way from New Orleans to Salt Lake. When they cancel a flight and you then have an overbooked flight with everyone scrambling fighting over seats because the seating has changed with no notice. So one guy is saying this is my seat with his ticket on his phone and another individual with a printed ticket with the same seat. Instead of making an announcement, the staff leaves the passengers to argue and figure it out then tell everyone they have to move to their assigned seats. Delta and other airlines make traveling miserable. Poorly run. Any industry that loads from the front to the back is backwards anyway. And I have heard the reasoning for loading front to back. Only a fool actually legitimizes such explanations. Seriously. $79 to change a seat. To an unassigned seat just next to me. On a red eye flight. Minors traveling with me and they can’t put us together? I won’t pay your extra and I will try to avoid using your services.
RouteSalt Lake City to Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2022

"such an amazing time flying with Delta"

Not Verified | Don't even know where to begin! Had such an amazing time flying with Delta, especially after not flying for 3+ years, but the crew (Shannon and Annette) Flight from Minnesota to Toronto August 5th 8:30pm were truly one of the sweetest, kind and truly wonderful individuals I have had the pleasure of flying with. I can safely safe I will be flying with Delta in the future and hope I get to have the come along a flight with me, thank you lovely ladies for such a nice time! Can't wait to come back and keep up all the hard work and energy you both bring, I hope everyone gets to have the same experience I had! Thank you both again.
RouteMinnesota to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Horrifying experience for my children"

Not Verified | Horrifying experience for my children. I purchased 3 tickets for my children and they were treated like they purchased a basic economy ticket. On the first leg my son wanted a bottle of water and was asked what he was doing in the “Delta One” cabin, by an awful flight attendant, the same cabin I couldn’t even purchase or upgrade them to after transferring 1.5 million points from my Centurion American Express account. It doesn’t matter how much you’re willing to spend unless you’re a loyal flying customer with Delta Airlines and hold a Delta American Express credit card. I know now what happened, I didn’t have a Delta Skymiles American Express credit card. But I do have a Centurion American Express credit card, it means nothing to them and the flight attendants treated my children like animals going from only one country to the other. I have over 80 million miles to transfer to any airline and Delta Airlines is an absolute joke. I’d rather spend $200,000 for my kids to get to their destination on a Global 6000 aircraft by flying them on a private jet. The Delta Airline flight attendants should be punished for their actions, I’ll never allow my family nor myself to fly on this airline ever again.
RouteHouston to Rome