Delta Air Lines

Customer rating from 2095 reviews

"Not great, but not awful either"

Trip Verified | JAC-MSP-LGA-ROC All flights were slightly late, not enough to cause a disruption in my travel plans but still somewhat annoying. JAC-MSP delay was caused by waiting for a fuel truck. MSP-LGA was due to change in flight plan. LGA-ROC because we were stuck on the tarmac for 45 minutes. All segments were full. Flight crews were okay. I can't really complain or rave. Pro Tip: The first row of Delta's Comfort Plus on their domestic Airbus and Embraer E-175 aircraft have more legroom that their domestic first class seats. IFE was okay, I forgot to bring my headphones but that's okay. I did not use their Wi-Fi. The on board flight tracker kept me amused along with their BlackJack game app. Overall impression: Not great, but not awful either. Delays not Delta's fault.
AircraftA319 / A321 / E-175
RouteJackson Hole to Rochester via Minneapolis / La Guardia
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Worst customer service ever"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever! They keeping you waiting on phone for 2hr, I will never fly with them again.
RouteKansa City to Detroit

"used the covid excuse"

Trip Verified | Austin to Columbus. We always do carry on due to past experiences. As we were boarding they say they are out of space for carry on and we had to check our bags. Both ways. To Columbus and home. When we got on the plane there was plenty of open bins. They weren't full at all. Horrible service didn't even care. Just kept saying sorry. Checked bags they don't care about your stuff. It is just thrown around. We paid extra to be in main cabin and we are the ones who had to check our bags. The ones who didn't pay extra didn't have to check their bags. I am very upset about this and will never fly Delta again if I can help it. They used the covid excuse. Had nothing to do with covid. The way they board is ridiculous and does not help you avoid covid.
RouteAustin to Columbus
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"employee was absolutely wonderful"

Trip Verified | Our family was all traveling together and we had several issues that needed to be addressed at check in. The Delta employee who assisted us was absolutely wonderful. We had luggage issues, my daughter needed to change part of her itinerary, and we were traveling with a pet that does not fly regularly. He was very knowledgeable and professional and handled everything very quickly and efficiently. Outstanding service!
RouteBuffalo to Ft Myers via Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Customer service is horrible"

Not Verified | Delta Customer service is horrible. Every time i call it’s 50 mins till someone picks up. 2 times I’ve waited 1 hour plus just to have them pick up and hang up. For my flight back to the USA I called and waited 1 hour and 23 mins till someone picked up. They said they made the changes to my flight (add my known traveler number/join flights to show traveling together) and they didn’t. They hung up in mid conversation and I got no call back to continue confirming and finishing my changes. When I got to the airport and none of the changes were made. I landed at my connecting airport and customs is taking forever and when I called customer service to try and get ahead and be pro active to see what me and my family can do if we are delayed from customs too much and are late for our connecting flight, get told wait time is 2 hours. Terrible airline, will avoid Delta from now on. Don’t bother having customer service if you don’t A. Pick up the phone and B. Don’t even make the changes or help when you do.
RouteEl Salvador to Georgia
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Customer service is a joke"

Trip Verified | I’m flying first, son was booked at a later time & they wanted over $500 between comfort+ & 1st class so he was booked comf+. Delta doing their usual switch planes, times, itineraries, updates us to next plane change in first class. My son, who has the same last name, gets a 3 hour layover in Atlanta and booked on another flight in comf+. I just happened to be looking at our itineraries online to make transportation arrangements on the ground & saw this. No call to ask would he like to pay xtra to remain on the same flight or put in coach for the same price…nope, we’ll just separate the family & screw up my birthday dinner reservations on the ground. Forget about the time I took meticulously booking him online myself in order to avoid the ungodly wait time of having a delta agent help me. Forget about the fact that Delta left him Atlanta in April this year knowing full well he was expected. Forget about the fact that we spent 4 hrs driving him bk & forth to Orlando so he could have less plane changes (more direct flight) to have Delta change his return trip & add another stop when I could have booked him myself directly from Melbourne & had the same amount of stops and he’d be home instead of us losing 4 more hours of our lives driving back and forth to a diff airport for no reason now. I paid xtra for comf+ but it would be an even trade to get him in coach (row 32) in a middle seat because that’s all they have available. So much for being a loyal Delta flyer for 30 years! Customer service is a joke since the pandemic. Very unhappy.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteMelbourne to las Vegas via Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Terrible experience with Delta"

Not Verified | Terrible experience with Delta! We were given $200 gift certificates to fly Delta for our honeymoon. Booked our flights a couple of months in advance. Just a couple of weeks before departure, Delta changed our return flight from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. This didn't work for us. I was on hold with Delta for over 7 hours. When I finally spoke with a representative - she said she would refund our return flights and keep our departure flights. The gift cards would be applied to the departure flights. So she cancelled our flight but couldn't get the refund to process. I was transferred to a different representative where I sat on hold for an additional 5 hours! That representative told me that he couldn't process a refund he'd have to keep our departure flights and refund our gift cards - applying them to our departure flight wasn't an option unless they cancelled both flights and then rebooked the departure flight. I asked how long it would take and he assured me that it would be within 7 days. We are long past 7 days ... we have no refund, no departure flight and flights have now more than doubled in cost! We called Delta today who told us that it could actually take us up to 30 days to see our refund - which is after our trip, and that they would not honor the original ticket pricing and that we'd now have to pay more than double for our departure flight. Not to mention we'd paid a couple hundred dollars extra for a different return flight with another airline at such late notice. So we're literally out thousands of dollars - do not have a flight to our honeymoon in a couple of weeks and Delta won't do anything.
RouteBillings to Kansas City

"I was very impressed"

Not Verified | My friend bought my sister and I a round trip ticket to Florida. It was our first time using Delta. I was very impressed. My sister required a wheelchair at each airport and I have to say the service provided her was over the top. Every associate assigned to help us navigate to our connections were so friendly and kind. I most likely will use Delta as my primary flight now. Thank you Delta for employing people who knows that compassion matters.
RouteColumbus to Jacksonville

"ground staff are rude"

Not Verified | The ground staff at luggage check in are rude. One told me I need to be more responsible to make sure my first name on my passport matches my first name on my ticket! My flight from Atlanta to Lagos was originally scheduled for 4.25pm but as at 8.25pm we were still at the departure lounge. The airline did not offer any apology or deem it fit to offer refreshments to intending passengers. The ground staff are rude, and lack professionalism as they bark out answers when asked on the flight status.
RouteDallas to Atlanta

"Worst airline ever"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. First they changed our plane without asking us so we had to change it back. Because they changed our plane without permission our bags were sent somewhere else. They are saying it might be up to 6 days before our luggage is mailed if it even makes it that far. Stuck in Brazil with nothing.
RouteMinneapolis to Sao Paulo Brazil