Delta Air Lines

"lady at baggage claim was super helpful"

Not Verified | Toronto to Ft Lauderdale via Detroit. The lady at Delta baggage claim at Detroit was super helpful, I left my mom’s medication in my luggage (carry on got checked at boarding, thought I would be able to pick it up when I get off the plane). After the gate agent telling me it’ll take hours to get my luggage back, she got it back to me in half an hour.
RouteToronto to Ft Lauderdale via Detroit
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Very good selection of movies"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | While this review covers the domestic leg between Charlotte to Atlanta, most of my review will be focused on Atlanta to Seoul since it is almost 15 hours while CLT-ATL is only around 1 hours. The food is above average when compared to other international flights. That makes long journey more comfortable as the food is good. Though on the other hand, the plate is a bit too small. Flight is on time and good, even the CLT-ATL flight arrives 15 minutes before ETA, an early arrival is always good. Inflight entertainment and Wi-Fi is good, inflight entertainment is complete and all of the movies are pretty up to date. Very good selection of movies and entertainment onboard. They also have wifi, notably on the domestic leg, and the Wi-Fi is quite slow, though it is acceptable considering the situation. Seat is comfortable, though the leg room in the Main Cabin is a little too cramped.
RouteCharlotte to Seoul via Atlanta
Date FlownDecember 2019

"really solid level of service"

Trip Verified | I don't fly economy often, but to due the holiday, First Class was full. Flew from Boston to Austin via New York in the midst of a massive snow storm. BOS to JFK was delay by 30 minutes, due to ground operations, understandable and not initially an issue as I had a couple hours in JFK before flying onto AUS. We were upgraded to comfort plus due to my status, which provided a little extra leg room, which turned out to be a god send, as the weather caused us to need to de ice, then be number 28th in line for take off due to Logan Airport only having 1 runway in operation, again due to the storm. In short, gate to gate was just over 3 hours, the crew did provide snacks and drinks en route, due to the long delays, which was nice. Had 25 minutes to catch my connection to AUS, thankfully gate was right next door. This time in economy, We had 3 seats together. Take off was about 15 minutes delayed as Delta was attempting to play catch up due to the bad weather further north. Legroom was decent and we purchased a lunch from Delta's flight fuel menu. A really nice sandwich, chips and cookie, with condiments, a napkin and plastic utensil for $11.00. The quality was much better than I expected and I enjoyed my very first Buy on Board experience. Multiple drink rounds and snack offerings en route. Good in flight entertainment, landed on time and my bags were waiting for me at baggage. A really solid level of service.
AircraftE175 / A320
RouteBoston to Austin via New York
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Sky Club membership invaluable"

Trip Verified | Flew in first 2 days prior to Thanksgiving from AUS to BOS, my 6am Nonstop to Boston had a mechanical issue and flight was delayed 11.5 hours! With a pre holiday crowded flight, as you can imagine, the gate area erupted into chaos. I retreated to the Austin Sky Lounge, which is fantastic to search for other options. The delta App is fine, however, I found more options available via the website. Rerouted to fly AUS to JFK to BOS, First Class to JFK then economy to Bos. My new routing required me to spend 6 hours in the AUS Sky Club, then fly out later that afternoon. AUS SkyClub is the best. Great ambiance, had a hearty Breakfast and lunch, with great food options. Flew First Class to JFK on an A320, plenty comfortable, nice pre departure beverage, once in the air, my 2nd lunch for the day. Delta offer a burger for the hot option. At first I was a little disappointed, but I must say the burger was fresh, hot and tasted great. A nice potato salad, vs a a bag of chips and a another great chocolate dessert. On time into JFK has a couple of hours, thank goodness as I had to change terminals. The Delta inter terminal Jitney Service is pretty quick. The JFK SkyClub, terminal 4 is under renovation, so pretty disappointing and way to crowded, as it was 7pm. A quick 35 minute flight to BOS in economy this time as First Class was booked when I had to change my flights. Exit row was nice, no service due to the short duration, Landed 10 hours past my original arrival time, but hey, things happen. Delta provided 3 of us, 20,000 miles each and a $200 credit voucher for the delay and downgrade on the last flight from JFK to BOS, which I felt was more than fair. I used twitter messenger to contact Delta Customer Service,. They were responsive, empathetic and in short great to deal with. Long Day, but they got me to my destination. This was one day that my Sky Club membership proved invaluable.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteAustin to Boston via New York

"never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Charlotte to Phoenix via Salt Lake City. Missed connection to Phoenix. If I didn't know better I would believe the flight from Charlotte to Salt Lake left an hour late on purpose. Maybe they were overbooked in Salt Lake but the pilot seemed to be killing time with a lame excuse about some minor issue that didn't really need fixing so we sat there an hour. Then he came back and said he was checking the wings for ice. There was no ice on the wings. Temp was in the 40s but we de iced anyway to kill more time then he taxied aimlessly around the tarmac before 20 more minutes before finally leaving just late enough to miss the connection to Phoenix. I ended up having to hang around for 3 hours to catch the next flight out by only 30 minutes. Will never fly Delta again.
RouteCharlotte to Phoenix via Salt Lake City

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. I booked a flight from West Palm Beach to Montréal via LaGuardia. The first flight was delayed, so by the time they get to New York the Montréal one already left. So they end up booked me another flight YUL to Detroit. I end up spend 7 hours at Detroit airport for them take me to Montréal. I arrived to Montréal at 11pm something when I suppose to get there at 1:19pm. The worst is the staff just look at me like it was nothing.
RouteWest Palm Beach to Montréal via LaGuardia

"Incredibly disappointed"

Trip Verified | Dallas Ft Worth to Salt Lake City. I love Delta. I have had delayed flights with this airline but that happens and I expect as much sometimes. However, when I spend more money for a comfort+ ticket so my boyfriend and I can travel home more comfortably after the holiday, I also expect as much. I did not read anywhere that our seats may not have entertainment screens in front of them. I feel as though Delta made no effort in informing me as a customer about this possibility and my overall very positive image of Delta has now been tainted. I do not recommend comfort+ unless you're willing to risk losing hours of entertainment (flight distractions) for more leg room. Incredibly disappointed in what was my favorite airline.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Salt Lake City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Delta, thanks for nothing"

Not Verified | Dallas to Washington via Atlanta. I have Global Entry and Clear, so TSA Precheck always shows on my boarding pass whenever I've flown with Delta. Except for this time. This is saved to my Delta profile and always shows on my boarding pass when I've flown before, and when I've flown with other airlines. But not during the busiest travel weekend. And the ticket agents act bored and surely, and shrug there's nothing they can do. So don't count on your security status when flying Delta. Delta, thanks for nothing.
RouteDallas to Washington via Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2019

"better experience with other airlines"

Trip Verified | Houston to Rochester via Detroit. First flight delayed. Communicated with attendants onboard to kindly inform the next flight I'm on my way to the gate. Both refused and mentioned “we do not do that” it was last flight to Rochester on Sunday evening. I arrived at the gate myself and other passengers, the plane at the gate. but staff refused to board. Funny thing flight left a few mins earlier than planned. A better experience with other airlines would not mention names with a similar situation where flights delayed but staff communicated.
RouteHouston to Rochester via Detroit
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"non-judgmental, caring and real"

Trip Verified | I missed my flight by 6 hours. I totally thought I was on time. I didn't know I had messed up until I was being dropped off at the airport as I had forgotten my phone and had to drive back to pick it up at my house. Anyway, I do not fly much, I don't own a credit card (I am an unpaid family caretaker) as I cant afford bills. The money I had in my bank account is what I had including tbe cash in my wallet. Anyway, the assistant at the service desk I encountered was empathic, non-judgmental, caring and real. I unfortunately forgot the gals name, so sorry. Just kind of how may day is going. As once I was at the boarding gate I opened a soda and it sprayed all over me and everything. The person two chairs away acted like he didn't see it happen.. I know that the Delta employee, had she been there, would have offered to help.
RouteMadison to Atanta