Delta Air Lines

Customer rating from 1921 reviews

"not the best experience flying with Delta"

Trip Verified | So my wife and I had the worst nightmare of experience in KBP, our flight to Paris was changed from Delta operated by Ukrainian airline. When we arrived in KBP they told us they cant find our electronic tickets and made us pay 250 EUR for registration and ticket processing which is outrageous considering our trip was paid for and final. On top of that they made us pay $440 EUR for our one checked luggage and 1 carry on item per person which is covered by our tickets we purchased. So as you would imagine not the best experience flying with Delta having paid for tickets and having to pay even more money especially because none of this stuff is actually valid. Sadly we were not alone and there were many other outraged customers who were affected and I am sure it will reflect on them flying with Delta in the future. But anyways they were refusing to let us board unless we pay.
RouteKiev to Oklahoma via Paris / Atlanta
Date FlownApril 2021

"Delta you are better than this or you used to be"

Not Verified | Terrible ticket holder support. I have spent 3-7 hours a night for the last 3 days trying to modify a flight. I was placed in the 'we are so busy we will have to call you back queue' and was finally contacted via text on the third night. This is just unacceptable. I have almost flown Delta exclusively my entire life and this experience is really making me start to look at other options, Delta you are better than this or you used to be. It’s really a shame at how bad you service has become.
RouteNashville to Atlanta
Date FlownApril 2021

"just a bungling company with terrible service"

Trip Verified | Never again Delta. Today I arrived at PWM at 5am for my 6.30 flight. The Flight was delayed for fog in NY, not a problem I wasn't in a rush to get to CLE but just needed to get there hopefully by 5pm and even later would have been ok. Delay after delay after delay after delay came and went. They called me up and said that the connecting flight was in jeopardy but that they might make up time in the air and I might be ok, but they offered me a alternative to go to Detroit and then to Cleveland on a later flight, said they would put me on it and I could decide before the boarding of the one that might be late into NY. I said ok, fine. 2 minutes later they said they couldn't get me that because someone took the seat they had for me and it was the last one. OK, I figure well, at least I get to New York and surely Delta will get me to Cleveland, both being large cities. So the original flight delays more and more and they they find me again and say...we know you have been here for a very long time Sir, but we can't get you to Cleveland today"? What an epic failure for a supposedly professional company, a large carrier, the kind someone might book with and book first class because they are known as a reliable company! Don't be fooled, they are none of that if they cannot get a passenger to a city like Cleveland Ohio on a day they ticket you for. Not a holiday, not a busy time of year, nope, just a bungling company with terrible service that can't deliver on their service. This day cost me two uber riders to and from my home, it cost me food all day while I waited and waited being promised time and time again the flight would be leaving, I think a total of 6 times before I was told to take a hike because I wasn't making my trip today, I was told I could book with another airline and that they were out at this point. I could get a refund for my unfulfilled ticket by Delta. Of course when I asked that would my having to rebook on another airline today at a hugely inflated last minute ticket, would they include that on my refund, they were not taking any responsibility for that. Just go away sir and have a nice day. The only thing that went well at all, was the refund person that answered the phone in a reasonable amount of time and was very nice while quickly refunding my card. So apparently they do well at refunds, likely due to lots of practice! I always thought Delta was one of the top dogs in the industry, I mean I would have not been surprised if they were a small company like Elite, Spirit or Frontier, but Delta? They can't fix a screw up delay to a city like Cleveland? So I had to go home and not make a trip to do business for a couple of days because I chose a company like Delta, because I chose to trust my flight need to Delta. What a mistake, one that I will never make again.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RoutePortland to Cleveland via LaGuardia
Date FlownApril 2021

"I will not be flying with Delta again"

Not Verified | I tried to call Delta Airlines for information about Covid 19 boarding and testing along with second baggage fees, and they never answered my call. I was on hold for 2 hours and 40 minutes when I decided to hang up. They told me that my wait time to speak to a representative would be 2 hours and 5 minutes clearly that was a lie. I am so annoyed about this, I will not be flying with Delta again.
Date FlownApril 2021

"Delta Airlines has the worst customer service"

Not Verified | Delta Airlines has the worst customer service. Whatever issues you have, go unaddressed because they have ensured you never get them addressed. I wanted to change my name on the ticket, so I went to their website as they indicated because you can't talk to a real person. I never heard from them to confirm they received my form. I called and was on hold twice for an hour (estimated wait time 3 hours). I wrote customer service and an automated response directed to the same website. They act like they are going to answer a text on their app but that's a computer responding and it doesn't understand anything related to a conversation and keeps directing you to their website. So now I'm at risk of not being able to fly internationally next week because no one is responding. I will never ever fly Delta after this.
RouteNashville to Puerto Escondido Mexico via Houston
Date FlownApril 2021

"They were professional, friendly and warm"

Trip Verified | I just want to complement the two stewardesses and pilot on Flight DL3529 from Missoula to Minneapolis on April 5, 2021. They were professional, friendly and warm. They were fantastic. The stewardess in the back where I was seated was dismayed that she didn’t have any stickers for a four-year-old child. On the way out she arranged for the pilot to give the child a pin with the Delta wing symbol on it. It was over and beyond and I hope they can be complemented.
RouteMissoula, MT to Minneapolis

"Overall indifferent experience"

Not Verified | I flew with Delta yesterday from Raleigh to Fort Myers via Atlanta. First flight was pretty relative of the Delta experience: Nice staff, comfortable seat, social distancing (as I booked the 3 side on the 717), and overall good flight. The 717 does not have IFE screens but I brought my own entertainment and the flight was only about an hour so it did not really matter anyway. My second flight, unfortunately, wasn't quite the same. Delta, without any notice or email or compensation or anything, put someone in the middle seat between me and my mom. All 3 of us were confused as Delta has a policy to not do this, so we consulted the gate agent who was more than happy to re-seat her since there was a few no-shows. However, this should not have happened in the first place. Normally my experiences on Delta are 10/10 but unfortunately this was just not the same. Some flight attendants on the 2nd flight also seemed a bit cranky and not happy to be there, though some were very nice as well. Overall, indifferent experience, could've been improved with some notice about the middle seat situation. I understand it is ending in a month but still, when you say the middle seat will be blocked, it should be blocked, end of story.
AircraftBoeing 717-200 / 737-900ER
RouteRaleigh to Fort Myers via Atlanta
Date FlownApril 2021

"Thank you Delta and the Captain"

Trip Verified | I had the best flight, well actually after we landed. As we were getting off the plane I asked the Captain if I could get a picture of me in the cockpit. He let me sit in the left seat, the greatest seat in the world. I'm 52 years old and had/have a grin like a little kid getting a gift he's always wanted. The flight was DL2534, 4/3/21. If the Captain of this flight sees this, Thank you so much for letting me sit in your seat. My biggest regret is not being an airline pilot. Thank you Delta and the Captain of this flight.
AircraftA321 200
Date FlownApril 2021

"I've never felt so disrespected"

Not Verified | I scheduled a first class flight for the first time in my life. Me and my soon to be wife were flying to Las Vegas to get married. It was a dinner flight and I expected to get some dinner. However because me and my wife were sitting up in the very front we were the last ones to get served. When it came time to order our food there was no food left. Another passenger gave up their food so I let my wife eat it. I've never felt so disrespected in my life. The flight attendant was actually rude to me for the fact I was mad. I spent over $1000 each ticket for one way because I was buying a car there in Vegas to drive back. They never apologized to me or shown any gratitude. I will never fly Delta again.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteMadison to Las Vegas
Date FlownMay 2020

"We were unable to choose seats"

Not Verified | My granddaughters will be flying from Alaska to Boston with their mother. We were unable to choose seats when we booked online. I called and asked for a call back. They promised within 20 minutes. 1 and half hours later they would not allow us to make sure the 5 and 12 year olds could not sit with their mother. Argumentative and rude customer service!!!! We have to wait and hope we can get seats together 24 hours before their flight. Unacceptable.
Date FlownMarch 2021