China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 1925 reviews

"a thanks note after my quarantine"

(China)

Trip Verified | This is a thanks note after my quarantine. My two little babies and I got a wonderful trip from KUL to Guangzhou airport in March. The cabin crew paid attention on my babies and provide us a nice service. I would praise the ground staff which helped us from the aircraft to the quarantine hotel and assisted us with heavy luggage. No doubt that China Southern Airlines will be the top choice.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I am so grateful for all the staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Vancouver via Guangzhou. For the first route, I got to the airport late, as it was the busy traffic hour in Shanghai. A staff gave an express pass, so I could make it to get onboard just in time. Cabin service was excellent. I was hungry, and a crew gave me some extra hot meal. The aircraft type was B787. WiFi was available, but it need to apply for it in advanced. Transit in Guangzhou was easy and efficient. My second flight was on time. It was quite a long journey, I am so grateful for all the staff who offered help and kindness during the epidemic situation. I think China Southern stuff did a really good job. Highly recommend.
RouteShanghai to Vancouver via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"crew were friendly and patient"

(China)

Trip Verified | My flight from Shanghai to Guangzhou was delayed 3 hours due to the bad weather. Thanks to the staff, passengers were well-ordered during the delay. The cabin crew were friendly and patient answered my questions about the regulations of nucleic acid testing in Guangzhou. All cabin crew wore protective clothing throughout the whole journey from Guangzhou to Vancouver, so appreciated they were trying their best to keep us safe. We didn’t have WiFi service during the flight, I hope they can improve this next time.
RouteShanghai to Vancouver via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"makes me feel at ease to fly in the epidemic"

(China)

Trip Verified | China Southern Airlines makes me feel at ease to fly in the epidemic. I flew to Jakarta from Beijing via Guangzhou. All passengers need to be one meter apart from each other when checking in and boarding, and there have staff to guide and maintain order. Before boarding, passengers with breathing valves will be reminded to change into ordinary masks without breathing valves. Hand disinfection is also required after boarding. This series of epidemic prevention work is really in place.
RouteBeijing to Jakarta via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"cabin crew was very friendly"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flight from Beijing to Manila via Guangzhou during the COVID-19. The section from Beijing to Guangzhou was delayed for 5 hours due to bad weather, but the cabin crew was very friendly and considerate. They answered my questions about the transfer patiently and gave me clear instructions to go to the ground service for free transfer accommodation after landing, which saved me a lot of time. There were not a lot passengers from Guangzhou to Manila due to the epidemic. All passengers were required to wear masks and comply with the relevant regulations. Thanks to the cabin crew for their work and efforts.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 787
RouteBeijing to Manila via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"I really appreciate the help"

Trip Verified | Due to the traffic on the way to the airport I was late. When I arrive I realize that I need to print out my covid test results in order to fly. I was in a hurry and was panicking. A ground staff saw me and asked if I needed any help. I told him that I am going to miss my flight to LAX if I don't have my covid test results. He then quickly led me to the airport's business center to get my results printed, and then help me get through customs to save even more time. I really appreciate the help that he have given me.
RouteGuangzhou to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2021

"special thank you letter"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | I want to write a special thank you letter to express my gratitude to the ground staff at Guangzhou Airport of China Southern Airlines. Our party arrived at Guangzhou Airport on May 14th by flight CZ6586. My next flight needs to catch up with flight CZ387 to Jakarta. Due to the weather, it was delayed for nearly 5 hours. Faced with the complicated exit procedures during the epidemic, it is impossible to catch up with the next flight under normal circumstances. The staff of China Southern assisted us, picked up my luggage and taking us through various formalities.
RouteGuangzhou to Jakarta

"demonstrated great hospitality"

(China)

Trip Verified | It's a brilliant journey to travel with CZ308 of China Southern Airline from Amsterdam to Guangzhou. Ground and Cabin staff service demonstrated great hospitality, they were really willing to help. Treating everyone nicely and giving instructions as detail as they can, which I appreciate so much during this pandemic. Great thanks to all the staff.
RouteAmsterdam to Guangzhou

"attentive flight attendants"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Comfortable travel experience with attentive flight attendants. Seat could use extra padding. I would praise the ground staff which met my wife and I at the aircraft upon deplaning and whisked us through the entry process in Guangzhou Airport which made clearing the COVID protocols stress free.
RouteBangkok to Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2021

"a special thank you letter"

Trip Verified | I would like to write a special thank you letter to show my appreciation to the ground staff working as wheel chair operators for the China Southern Airlines. My parents arrived at Guangzhou Airport on CZ328 on May 2, 2021 after a long flight. I asked for wheel chair services since my parents are over 80 years old (dad is 88 and mom is 81) and have health issues. My cousin had been taking care of my parents during the trip and had to carry all the luggage’s by herself and did not rest well during the long flight. All passengers needed to go through hours of complicated border procedures due to the Covid situation after arriving at the airport. They took my parents and my cousin to go through health checks, health declaration and border entry documentation, then picked up the suitcases and sent them on board the bus heading to the hotel. The entire process took nearly 5 hours, especially the luggage collection was long and complicated because all luggage had to be disinfected. Thumbs up for their five star performance.
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou
Date FlownApril 2021

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review