Brussels Airlines

"really disappointed in Brussels Airlines"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Brussels Airlines made us dispatch our hand luggage right before entering the plane. I was mad but it was their policy so I couldn’t to anything. I was going to Brazil and had a connection in Madrid so I asked them to send the bag to Madrid, told them my name showed my ticked and all. I told them to only send that bag. When we arrived in Madrid (I was going to Brazil with my mom and dad) we dispatched a total of 6 bags and only one of them should have arrived in Madrid the rest should have gone to Brazil but they send 4 out of the 6 to Madrid I still don’t know where the other 2 are. I am really disappointed in Brussels Airlines not only did they mess up such a simple thing they are also very picky about which bags can go on the plane
RouteBrussels to Madrid

"extremely poor service"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Brussels. This is more of a goodbye review than a review of one specific flight. Having lived abroad different places over the last fifteen years I have always stayed loyal to the local airlines to benefit from their loyalty programs and hopefully also get something back from the airline - as a thank you for always choosing them. I do not have a specifically high income, but I do have to travel a decent amount of time. That means I always travel economy, except from when I upgrade with miles I have earned. I was a member of SAS for many years, followed by a four year spell in London where I only flew British Airways. During those years experiences nice surprises like a little upgrade every once in a while. I would say at least twice a year based on 30-40 flights! On Brussels airlines I have experienced 0 upgrades in five years. I have qualified as “frequent flyer” every year I have lived in Brussels, which means I’ve always had 30+ flights. I am grateful for the lounge access I have been given in Brussels. But apart from that, all the time I have been living in Brussels I have not felt like I have been given the personal experiences, or dealt as appreciated as I felt when being a member of SAS and BA. I Am still living in Brussels, but decided a while ago to change all my Coming flights back to SAS as I’ve had it with extremely poor service from Brussels Airlines on a general basis. Rude staff, poor service, nothing back to loyal customers. I have it a patient try, but I’m looking forward to SAS which provides their plus program extremely cheap compared to Brussels business service, more miles, frequent free upgrades and better service in general. This last flight was the perfect reminder of the choice I have already done. Both legs to and from Copenhagen provided extremely poor service. No more food on flex and fast, and forced to check in my soft luggage with my laptop due to a full flight. The airlines can thank themselves for this policy..
Aircrafta320
RouteCopenhagen to Brussels

"A total rip-off"

Trip Verified | Brussels Airline is awful. I always try to book Premium Economy on international flights if I am travelling for 15-17 hours - it has always been well worth the extra money. Have done so on Air Canada, Lufthansa, KLM and had terrific experiences. Brussels Airlines was awful. A total rip-off. Barely any additional leg-room, no amenities (every other airline provides a small pack with a toothbrush, eye shades etc) no water despite having a water holder, no blanket, inedible meal, surly flight attendants, and they don’t even provide milk/cream for coffee!! Seriously. “Premium” and a cup of lukewarm coffee after a seven hour flight and you are handed a package of powdered chemicals. It was laughable. They treated us as though we had paid $59 and were making a short hop flight. In fact, I have taken $59 discount airlines in the US and had great experiences! I will never make the mistake of booking with Brussels Airlines again.
RouteBilbao to Toronto via Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"service levels below low-cost"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Brussels. This airline has traditional prices but service levels below those of low-cost ones: there are no extra benefits, just extra problems. I flew with them for 3 times so far in the past two months, between Brussels and Budapest. First time (28th Oct.) we were near the end of the boarding queue with my colleagues, so they took our carry-on baggage on the plane to be put in the cargo hold. After landing, they never turned up on the carousel at Zaventem, until the indication appeared that there is no more luggage coming. We went to their desk at the baggage area, and after making some calls, they said that our items will turn up eventually on another carousel. They did indeed, about half an hour later. The second time (1st Dec.) we departed from Budapest an hour late. There was no apparent reason, boarding was completed on time. What is more, we landed with even MORE delay, which is quite an achievement since arrival times are normally pessimistic. Last time (6th Dec.), when returning from Brussels, by the time of the gate announcement, it was already displayed that we would leave 50 minutes late because of previous delays. At least that remained constant, and we left at the indicated time. I realize that some of these events may not be the fault of the airline, but the overall image is not great. The staff apologized every time, but we didn't get any kind of compensation for all these delays, even though our company is a regular customer (that might change now that we realized that flying with WizzAir and taking a shuttle to/from Charleroi might still be faster, cheaper and more reliable).
RouteBudapest to Brussels
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Hugely regret our choice"

Not Verified | Brussels to Rhodes. Hugely regret our choice for Brussels Airlines. We were going to go to Rhodes with our kids and their grandparents. However, Brussels Airlines canceled our return flight 3 weeks in advance without any force majeure. Purely out of financial gain. Our outward flight (with another airline) therefore became worthless. And now they refuse to reimburse those costs. Never experienced this with other airlines. You really can't do this to your customers!
RouteBrussels to Rhodes
Date FlownOctober 2019

"a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | My first time with Brussels Airlines was a horrible experience. I was travelling from Bristol to Budapest via Brussels in the early morning today. Everything was fine until I landed in Brussels. I had good one hour to go through security and passport check, but it did not turn out to be enough to get there without having to rush with my huge backpack. Apparently, there was only one security lane open - only 20 people could go through the check within 30 minutes - some people were extremely stressed out as it was their final call and they were only about to move on to passport check, where there were only two gates open at the time. Getting through passport check required another 20 minutes. My luggage had to go through the scan 3 diffetent times during security check in Brussels. The otherwise very friendly gentleman in charge took the time to explain how the cheese and the cocoa powder in my backpack looked exactly like liquids on the screen. He also told me there is generally no way to distinguish liquids from powder and cheese in the system without physically unpacking the entire luggage. At this point, please let me fundamentally question the technical efficiency of the security scanning at Brussels Airport. I managed to get through the security and passport checks (all of them!), so then I had to rush through the entire airport to get to my connection where I could somehow manage to arrive 1 minute before the gate closed. I boarded to soon learn there were no more room left for my luggage in the luggage sacks - I even had to go and ask the utterly careless stewardess for assistance, who advised me to put all my belongings under the seat in front of me, including my luggage (of 55x40x23 cm size), my coat and small bag. Come on now, Brussels Airlines... Is there no place for everyone's hand luggage on a plane? Anyway, there will be no next time for me, because I will avoid travelling with Brussels Airlines in the future. It has been a terrible, stressful and uncomfortable first experience. I usually pick economy class and know what to expect for that price, but never in my life have I experienced such discomfort during a flight. The assistance, the management and the technical background were all lousy, meaning the company has failed to provide all important aspects of customer service.
RouteBristol to Budapest via Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"abolished food and beverages service"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Vilnius to Brussels. Have to use SN frequently for business, because they fly direct to Brussels. My company policy allows economy flex, therefore it used to be my regular choice. Was astonished to discover that they abolished food and beverages service in premium economy without even warning customers. So for price of around 300 euros, one needs to buy even water on 2 hours+ flight. I think this airline deserves to be kicked out of Star Alliance and I will try to avoid them whenever possible.
RouteVilnius to Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"lost me as client for sure"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Vilnius to Brussels. Traveled on FAST&FLEX economy not first time, and really was surprised that since now everything drinks, snacks are for purchase. As no any service (except fast track option) price available tickets VNO-BRU price was double that for lower economy class. In my opinion no more any value to buy this class tickets. Few weeks ago I used SASplus (economy) and I got food, beverages and even access to business lounge at airport for free. So, Brussels Airlines lost me as client for sure.
RouteVilnius to Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"no consideration for families"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Birmingham. Rude crew and no consideration for families flying with infants. We have a pram that is designed to fold up smaller than a lot of carry on luggage (a BabyZen Yoyo), but we were told at the gate that their policy is not to allow prams (strollers) on board. Lufthansa, their major code sharer, does not have the same policy - no problem taking it on board with them. Finally, having taken it from us at the plane door, it should have been delivered to the plane door at our destination but it went to the baggage carousel, leaving us to carry our infant through the airport. Very poor service - they need to update their policies and train their flight crew to be more courteous and considerate to those travelling with small children.
RouteBrussels to Birmingham
Date FlownNovember 2019

"falling below low-cost standards"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Warsaw. Even the expensive Flex and Fast is now falling below low-cost standards I’ve been flying Brussels Airlines frequently flying their Flex and Fast fares that always included a newspaper, a sandwich and a drink. Today, when I flew to Warsaw staff, told me despite the high-cost food and drinks are no longer for free in Flex and Fast and all is for purchase now. The ticket price was still as expensive as it used to be. Brussels Airlines are becoming a real disgrace with extremely expensive Flex and Fast fares and no service at all anymore. Next time I’ll consider flying another airline. Likely low cost may be better as this is even above the current Brussels Airlines standards. This used to be a good airline but they have fallen completely to the bottom and are really the worst I know
RouteBrussels to Warsaw