Brussels Airlines

"Hugely regret our choice"

Not Verified | Brussels to Rhodes. Hugely regret our choice for Brussels Airlines. We were going to go to Rhodes with our kids and their grandparents. However, Brussels Airlines canceled our return flight 3 weeks in advance without any force majeure. Purely out of financial gain. Our outward flight (with another airline) therefore became worthless. And now they refuse to reimburse those costs. Never experienced this with other airlines. You really can't do this to your customers!
RouteBrussels to Rhodes

"a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | My first time with Brussels Airlines was a horrible experience. I was travelling from Bristol to Budapest via Brussels in the early morning today. Everything was fine until I landed in Brussels. I had good one hour to go through security and passport check, but it did not turn out to be enough to get there without having to rush with my huge backpack. Apparently, there was only one security lane open - only 20 people could go through the check within 30 minutes - some people were extremely stressed out as it was their final call and they were only about to move on to passport check, where there were only two gates open at the time. Getting through passport check required another 20 minutes. My luggage had to go through the scan 3 diffetent times during security check in Brussels. The otherwise very friendly gentleman in charge took the time to explain how the cheese and the cocoa powder in my backpack looked exactly like liquids on the screen. He also told me there is generally no way to distinguish liquids from powder and cheese in the system without physically unpacking the entire luggage. At this point, please let me fundamentally question the technical efficiency of the security scanning at Brussels Airport. I managed to get through the security and passport checks (all of them!), so then I had to rush through the entire airport to get to my connection where I could somehow manage to arrive 1 minute before the gate closed. I boarded to soon learn there were no more room left for my luggage in the luggage sacks - I even had to go and ask the utterly careless stewardess for assistance, who advised me to put all my belongings under the seat in front of me, including my luggage (of 55x40x23 cm size), my coat and small bag. Come on now, Brussels Airlines... Is there no place for everyone's hand luggage on a plane? Anyway, there will be no next time for me, because I will avoid travelling with Brussels Airlines in the future. It has been a terrible, stressful and uncomfortable first experience. I usually pick economy class and know what to expect for that price, but never in my life have I experienced such discomfort during a flight. The assistance, the management and the technical background were all lousy, meaning the company has failed to provide all important aspects of customer service.
RouteBristol to Budapest via Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"abolished food and beverages service"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Vilnius to Brussels. Have to use SN frequently for business, because they fly direct to Brussels. My company policy allows economy flex, therefore it used to be my regular choice. Was astonished to discover that they abolished food and beverages service in premium economy without even warning customers. So for price of around 300 euros, one needs to buy even water on 2 hours+ flight. I think this airline deserves to be kicked out of Star Alliance and I will try to avoid them whenever possible.
RouteVilnius to Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"lost me as client for sure"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Vilnius to Brussels. Traveled on FAST&FLEX economy not first time, and really was surprised that since now everything drinks, snacks are for purchase. As no any service (except fast track option) price available tickets VNO-BRU price was double that for lower economy class. In my opinion no more any value to buy this class tickets. Few weeks ago I used SASplus (economy) and I got food, beverages and even access to business lounge at airport for free. So, Brussels Airlines lost me as client for sure.
RouteVilnius to Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"no consideration for families"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Birmingham. Rude crew and no consideration for families flying with infants. We have a pram that is designed to fold up smaller than a lot of carry on luggage (a BabyZen Yoyo), but we were told at the gate that their policy is not to allow prams (strollers) on board. Lufthansa, their major code sharer, does not have the same policy - no problem taking it on board with them. Finally, having taken it from us at the plane door, it should have been delivered to the plane door at our destination but it went to the baggage carousel, leaving us to carry our infant through the airport. Very poor service - they need to update their policies and train their flight crew to be more courteous and considerate to those travelling with small children.
RouteBrussels to Birmingham
Date FlownNovember 2019

"falling below low-cost standards"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Warsaw. Even the expensive Flex and Fast is now falling below low-cost standards I’ve been flying Brussels Airlines frequently flying their Flex and Fast fares that always included a newspaper, a sandwich and a drink. Today, when I flew to Warsaw staff, told me despite the high-cost food and drinks are no longer for free in Flex and Fast and all is for purchase now. The ticket price was still as expensive as it used to be. Brussels Airlines are becoming a real disgrace with extremely expensive Flex and Fast fares and no service at all anymore. Next time I’ll consider flying another airline. Likely low cost may be better as this is even above the current Brussels Airlines standards. This used to be a good airline but they have fallen completely to the bottom and are really the worst I know
RouteBrussels to Warsaw
Date FlownNovember 2019

"staff was kind, attentive"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Entebbe via Brussels, our trip with them was amazing. At the check-in counter the staff was so incredibly kind to put priority labels on all our of bags, even though only one in our group of four was entitled to it. A member in our group was in the need of wheel chair service and the staff was kind, attentive and service minded. Our group was transported from gate to gate with a smile. On the flight a member of our group could not eat the food they served, because it contained tomatoes and she’s allergic. We did not inform Brussels Airlines about this prior to our trip, so they had no way of being prepared for this. However, alternative food was presented by friendly and service minded staff. All in all we are super happy that we chose Brussels Airlines and will definitely do it again!
RouteCopenhagen to Entebbe via Brussels

"Awful experience"

Trip Verified | Washington to Entebbe via Brussels. Awful experience with Brussels Airlines - never again. Tried to pay for two extra bags online one way only for presents. Should have been $154 each with discount online, but they charged $200 each. Then the computer had a glitch and an email showed one extra bag to Uganda and two coming back. But the website confirmed four bags - two extra to Uganda. Computer was flawed because the three bags shown in the email would have cost $554 instead of the $400 paid. Called Brussels Airlines in Brussels and they confirmed there were four bags (two extra) Washington to Uganda on the website but this later disappeared. Brussels Air manager in Dulles said computer no longer showed either of the two extra bags Washington to Brussels to Uganda. He said pay another $400 and they would refund. But they didn't refund and wouldn't answer inquiries about the claim several weeks later. Then they lost the bags in Brussels for two days and failed to track them on the computer when found. The Dulles baggage agent said Brussels Air is the worst handling baggage and might lose them for a week or two. I called Brussels again and found they were on their way to Uganda. Six hours after my call they were still shown as lost on the computer. Bags came a day late and we had to pay a taxi $200 to transfer them across the country to our destination. On return the Brussels - Washington trip was cancelled at the last minute after departure from Entebbe and they tried to send us through Frankfurt instead of switching to United/Brussels to DC. We complained and they permitted the United flight. But we had paid for economy plus and United didn't respect that so we had to pay again. We put in a claim on the day of departure from DC for the double charge on excess baggage but they didn't respond, and when we called after some weeks still didn't respond in spite of promises by the phone rep. They also didn't respond to a request to refund the economy plus fee for the cancelled flight Brussels to Washington, even though the replacement airline (United) didn't recognize the payment to them and charged it again. Their airport reps were friendly and helpful but the Brussels organization is extremely inefficient. They still use the bankrupt Sabena identifier SN. A Belgian friend said Sabena meant "Such a Bad Experience - Never Again." They seem to be keeping up that tradition. This experience was for my wife, though I made the payments and called Brussels in vain attempts to rectify the double charges of $800 on two extra bags to Uganda.
RouteWashington to Entebbe via Brussels

"I was very stressed"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Basel via Brussels. If you have connecting flights, be sure you have enough time between them. The fly from Copenhagen was delayed more than 45-minutes. I was very stressed if I will be able to catch my next flight.
RouteCopenhagen to Basel via Brussels

"Always an excuse"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Roma to Brussels, departure 10 mins late. Late again. Always an excuse. One time is because the aircraft arrived late, the other is because passengers took too long to board, one more because there’s a lot of traffic.
RouteRoma to Brussels