Austrian Airlines

"Poor information"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Vienna to London, delayed flight. Poor information on what happened although boarding was on time. Good seats. Flight attendant service - nothing special.
RouteVienna to London

"Decent experience"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Warsaw to Vienna. Decent experience with Austrian Airlines. Boarding and take off on time. Good seats. Quite nice flight attendant service. Landing on time.
RouteWarsaw to Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2019

"should have either alerted them"

Trip Verified | Krakow to Vienna. Our direct flight from Krakow to Vienna was cancelled as we were getting ready to board because (we found out later) not enough seats booked. We all had to head back to counter to rebook (lady at counter had no idea what was going on because they told us the wrong counter number.) Eventually got rebooked on next flight out but routed through Munich causing us a 4 hour delay in getting to our destination. Upon arrival to hotel noticed large tear in outside shell of one of our suitcases. Our hotel maintenance man was able to temporarily patch up for til we got home. We still had 9 days left on our trip so would address then. The airline told us we should have either alerted them at airport or within 1 week of incident. The flight crews and ticket handlers were all great.
RouteKrakow to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"my flight got cancelled"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Vienna. Arriving at the Berlin airport 2 hours before the flight I realise that my flight got cancelled. Heading to the counter they offered me to go Berlin-Frankfurt-Vienna which meant that I would arrive in my final destination 8 hours later Than my previous flight. After checking the schedule I realise that there are 2 more flights from Austrian Airlines which will happen one at 09.00 am and one at 11.00 am. After negotiating they rebooked me at the flight at 11:00am.
RouteBerlin to Vienna

"Contingency planning appalling"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Zagreb via Vienna. Appalling service. Flight delayed by 50 mins resulting in no onward flight to Zagreb. Contingency planning appalling. Nothing in place e g. holding the next (last) flight to Zagreb Until our arrival. Flight could only be offered at lunch time the next day. Waiting at Vienna airport from 5 pm until 7.30 in a long queue to be told this so had to take an 11 hour train journey to Zagreb to make my business meeting the following day having had little sleep. Staff rude and deeply unhelpful. Still no apology email 3 days post flight. Would never recommend as my return flight is already 20 minutes delayed.
RouteManchester to Zagreb via Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not compensating us for delay"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Marrakech via Vienna. My wife and I booked a connecting flight from Zurich to Vienna and lastly to Marrakech, we were supposed to reach Marrakech at 1pm. However, due to a technical issue with the plane we were delayed for more than an hour causing us to miss our connecting flight from Austria to Marrakech. When we reached Vienna and approached the Austrian airlines service center, we were told by the staff that the only way for us to get to Marrakech is to fly from Vienna to Brussels and Brussels to Casablanca and from Casablanca to Marrakech which we did as that was the only option given to us. We only arrived at Marrakech close to 11pm which is more than 9 hours of delay .. we waited to collect our baggage but it did not arrived at Marrakech and we were told by the representative of Austrian airlines in Marrakech that they are not able to locate our baggage in their system. We then asked if it is possible for them to notify us when they have found our baggage but the representative said that we have to call them everyday to check the whereabouts of our baggage and that it is not their responsibility to notify us. We then wrote in to Austrian airlines feedback team to ask about what are the things that we are able to claim due to the lost of baggage and all they said was to send them our receipts and they will review. Their feedback team response time is really slow and things are worst when you are under such a difficult situation during part of your trip. This was their reply when we asked them what we are able to claim due to the lost of baggage, " We will get back to you as soon as possible. Due to the extraordinary high volume of incoming requests we do need longer to answer you. We thank you for your understanding." We wasted almost 2 days of our holiday due to the delay and the time spent to travel to get our essentials such as toiletries and new clothing which we did not need to buy if not for the lost of baggage. After our trip, we were offered 100% of expenses for cosmetic products and 50% for clothes due to the lost luggage. Please take note that they will neither send your lost baggage to your hotel once they have found it nor will they reimburse for the cost of your transport to collect your baggage from the airport and back to the hotel. We were then told that the technical issue with the plane was due to reason beyond their control and therefore the Airlines will not be compensating us for the delay caused.
RouteZurich to Marrakech via Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"wait five hours in Vienna"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Kiev to Stickholm via Vienna. I had fa short transfer time in Vienna, 40 minutes, but this was within the approved connection time. The flight from Kiev was 10 minutes late and made a remote parking. After transfer by bus, I was able to pass the passport control in a few minutes and rushed through security. I arrived running at the gate 11 minutes before departure. I was denied boarding and had to wait five hours in Vienna for the next flight to Stockholm. The staff could have let me board and my star Alliance status did not matter at all. Rude staff at the gate and lousy compensation (12 euros to be used at snack bars in the Airport). I will make sure to avoid Austrian and Vienna Airport in the future.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ-195LR
RouteKiev to Stickholm via Vienna

"Welcoming, young crew"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Sofia via Vienna. European business class seating with a blocked middle seat from a 3-3 configuration. Ample seat pitch. Welcoming, young crew. Catering as always one of the best on European flights. Luggage on the belt 7 minutes after debarring the plane. Nice experience!
AircraftA320 / A319
RouteZurich to Sofia via Vienna

"the staff is not nice"

Trip Verified | Austrian Airlines sold me a ticket from London to Dnipro via Vienna. Transfer time calculated was 30mins. I had flown this route once before and of course it was delayed but they transferred us directly from the airplane to the new airplane with a bus. This time round we arrive 30m late, although the Dnipro flight was slightly delayed as well, they chose not to do the bus (I had asked for it during the London Vienna flight) and when we got in there was simply no info. Staff was rude saying to us, we are getting a bigger plane so maybe you can fly tomorrow. Next day we are flying, massively delayed flight to dnipro. Most importantly the staff is not nice, does not care and not professional.
RouteLondon to Dnipro via Vienna

"staff very friendly"

Trip Verified | Sarajevo to Amsterdam via Vienna. I got upgraded on this flight to business class. Tho only a 1-hour trip, they offer full service consisting of a small warm dish and a delicious cake. Service provided by the staff was very friendly and correct. Of course, the seat was just an economy class seat with the middle one blocked, an upgrade is always welcome. We landed in time at Vienna airport.
RouteSarajevo to Amsterdam via Vienna