Austrian Airlines

"lost my 4 luggage in Vienna"

Not Verified | It´s not the first time I have a luggage lost, but Austrian is by far the worst company I have to deal with. They lost my 4 luggage in Vienna and after 8 days, they are still lost. No information, No excuses, impossible to join by any means. The worst airline company ever.
RouteBrussels to Athens via Vienna

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Baggage has been lost for seven days and you cannot get in contact with with anyone and there has been no communication. It has ruined our vacation. I understand if there was communication being made but there has been nothing. Worst customer service.
RouteVienna to Skopje
Date FlownAugust 2022

"worst experience with an airline"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | This was our first experience with Austrian Airlines and it was memorable for all of the wrong reasons. Delays, missed connecting flights, lost luggage, rude service agents. Finally made it to our destination over 24 hours later than scheduled. Luggage is still lost and the website tracking system is absolutely no help. Quite simply, we will never fly with Austrian Airlines again even if it means paying more money to a different airline or taking a longer route to get there. This was my worst experience with an airline in more than 30 years of international travel.
RouteSplit to Warsaw via Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Will never ever travel with them again"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Amman to Stockholm via Vienna. One of the worst flights that I had in my entire life! The customer service is very poor and no one is answering me. They lost my bags and didn’t even bother searching for them or updates me about the situation. Will never ever travel with them again.
RouteAmman to Stockholm via Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Both of my bags are sitting in Vienna"

Trip Verified | The airline did not transfer my bags from the Vienna leg of my trip. When I arrived at LAX my bag was not on the plane. There were at least 20-30 other people on my flight that did not receive their bags. I was unable to obtain my bag to recheck it onto my domestic flight for the final leg with United Airlines. Since my final leg was with United I could not file a claim with Austrian Airlines. Both of my bags are sitting in Vienna. I am on day six with no bags and no word, despite completing the required claims forms. This is ridiculous. I was in Europe for six weeks and nearly all my clothes are in those bags. The airline is simply not doing what it should be doing to ensure passenger bags are delivered. They are either over-committed on their flights or severely understaffed, either way, the airline obviously does not care about getting bags delivered on time when people depend on them. I would recommend NOT using Austrian Airlines or their affiliate Lufthansa if you want your bags to accompany you on your trip. On a side note, my bags were delayed 8 days on my outbound trip. As an additional comment, the service on the plane was also substandard. The flight attendants were not friendly, appeared annoyed by their responsibilities, and the restrooms were filthy by mid-flight. I saw a flight attendant look inside one of the bathrooms curiously and with visible disgust, but no one ever cleaned it. The main meal was not bad but subsequent snacks and small meals were nothing more than a slice of meat and a slice of cheese on doughy bread.
RouteKrakow to Los Angeles via Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2022

"This is not the business seat service I paid for"

Trip Verified | We boarded Milan 8pm, arrived in Austria 10pm. Luggage was checked all the way to LAX. We had a 15 hr layover in Vienna - upon arriving to LAX on August 2nd our luggage was missing - two days later and they have no clue where our 5 pieces of luggage are and I have not received any updates. This is not the business seat service I paid for.
RouteMilan Italy to Los Angeles via Vienna Austria
Date FlownAugust 2022

"there is zero assistance by Austrian"

Trip Verified | First time with Austrian Airlines and it will definitely be my last. My flight was Venice to Dubrovnik with a layover in Vienna. Their customer service is a joke, they all just have scripted answers and redirect you to fill out forms on the website. It’s like talking to a robot. I’ve called numerous times without any success. You request for a supervisor and they say there is none available no matter when you call. I held for an hour today. My partner and I were on a week long trip across Europe and I was planning to propose in Dubrovnik, but then Austrian Airlines have “delayed” our luggage when we had landed and most likely lost the luggage. My proposal and trip has now been ruined as my partner had to return to Seattle for their portion of the trip for work. While I had to spend a full day of my remaining vacation spending extra money on getting new clothes toiletries because I’m going to be here for four more weeks across European countries which I’m told they’re going to only reimburse 50% of clothes and 100% of toiletries but it’s probably going to be a great hassle to get out of them considering everything else lately. I’m never checking a bag again because of this and encourage no one else to ask well. This is gross negligence and they take no accountability or action. Even when I did check in my baggage I had issues as well. I tried to buy online for 30 per bag and the website kept giving an error which I showed the error and charges to the check in at the airport and she still did not honor the price and made us pay 50.00 per bag to then lose said bags and destroy a proposal and vacation. Now I’m spending half my time on vacation, stressed out, trying to do everything I can to at least have my bags found and sent home and there is zero assistance by Austrian. Never fly with them and I would definitely suggest never checking your baggage!
RouteVenice to Dubrovnik
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Do not fall for the 45 minute layover"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Do not fall for the 45 minute layover in Vienna. We travelled within the EU, and still had to run from the gate to passport control then a km to the surprise additional security check, back to the same airplane to catch the connecting flight. With a baby. Not to mention this was a different experience during the departure trip (to the same country but different airport - had to change terminals, despite the same airline, and go through passport control but no additional security check). Friendly staff onboard though.
RouteVarna to Copenhagen via Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2022

"very poor at customer service"

Trip Verified | Austrian Airlines put me and my partner on standby status. Thankfully we managed to fly out on the allocated flight. However, we did not get seats on the inbound flight and returned to Manchester via Zurich on a much later flight. Secondly, Austrian Airlines said I had not paid to carry luggage in the hold. I clearly had paid the additional fee in advance and had to provide a copy of my invoice to substantiate the fact. Austrian Airlines lost our luggage. We were not reunited with the luggage throughout the entirety of our four days in Vienna. It was only when physically searching a lost luggage warehouse at Vienna Airport that we found our luggage. This was on the morning of our departure. It was impossible to get in touch with the airline while we were in Vienna, either by allocated phone number of e mail. A complaint made to the airline on 13/07/22 requesting repayment for clothing and toiletries that had to be bought while in Vienna, has not been responded to. It is approaching three weeks without response from Austrian Airlines. I am very disappointed with Austrian Airlines. It is as if the airline do not acknowledge our existence. It is my experience that Austrian Airlines are very poor at customer service.
RouteManchester to Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2022

"The worst I have ever tried"

(Palestinian Territories)

Trip Verified | The worst I have ever tried. The food was very cold, airplane was not clean, they lost my luggage, when they found it they did not offer any delivery, instead asking me to come back to the airport in Amman while I live in Palestine. You will not be able to talk to any human being their chat system is useless they do not answer any call.
RouteVienna to Amman