Arik Air

Arik Air customer review

New York-Lagos-Accra return. The cabin crew was excellent. The Arik staff at Lagos airport were not the nicest people and they demanded money for everything. From Accra my group and I checked in as a group without any problems but because the folks in Nigeria wanted more Kobos and Nairas. In any case this will be my last flight on Arik unless major changes are made.

Arik Air customer review

Disappointment! This is my second time flying with Arik and service seems to have got worse. When I first travelled with Arik from NY to Lagos the television did not work on my flight there was a very nasty flight attendant and when returning from Lagos to NY the televisions did not work again so I was stuck on an 11 hour flight with children that cried most of the flight. Attendants were much more pleasant. Now my flight has been delayed for the third time tonight by Arik without any explanations! No one seems to care about customers. I wish them the best and hope they improve but as for me this will be my last time flying with them!

Arik Air customer review

Roundtrip from JFK to Lagos return to JFK last week. Although both flights left late they arrived on time. Excellent business class service. Food and service was great could not ask for any better service and flat beds afforded me a fine 8 hour nap both ways.

Arik Air customer review

No blankets provided until an 1hr into the flight staff were rude and blanket tossed at us without any form of gesture. No headsets throughout the duration of the flight expected to be staring at the screen without being able to listen. Over 3 toilets were out of service and toilets functioning were in a horrible state. When we pressed the call bell cabin crews ignored them for close to an hour. Return flight delayed 3 hours in Lagos. TV screens were not working and again no headsets. We kept complaining to cabin crew who reset the TV however never came back to check if it had started working. Again 2 of the toilets were also out of order. I believe this will be the last time I fly ARIK that is how bad a service myself and my wife received on our recent trip to Lagos Nigeria and back to London UK.

Arik Air customer review

Leg room on A340 gives a generous pitch and baggage allowance is a generous 30 kilos. Inflight entertainment was very poor. They didn't provide headphones I was told the IFE did not work in some seats. Eventually I was given headphones and told to try my luck quality was very poor. The food was very bland- and the portions small. I was within the first 20 and told the beef had run out. Crew were polite enough but I didn't get the impression of being greatly experienced. Fly Arik if you want a comfortable seat and have a lot of luggage if inflight entertainment food and service is important to you stay well clear.

Arik Air customer review

Flew to Nigeria on Arik return. My flights were most disappointing in Premier Class (Business Class). The meals were not particularly appetizing. There a long stretch of time between the first meal and the last the attendants refused to provide snacks to passengers who asked. They gladly offered alcoholic beverages but refused snacks. The entertainment system in the premier compartment (for a 13 hour flight) was not working. Given the cost of the flight the overall poor service this experience lead me to the decision to stop flying Arik Air. On arrival at both destinations my luggage which was tagged with "Priority" labels but were among the last pieces off luggage to exit the plane.

Arik Air customer review

London Heathrow to Lagos in Business. From check-in to arrival staff were very good. Arik offers entry to the Skyteam Lounge at Heathrow T4. Cabin crew on the Airbus A340 were friendly welcoming and took care of passengers. Aircrafts are modern and the cabins look new. Their premium product has full flat bed seats and duvets and large screens for inflight entertainment. Food is of a high standard of quality and presentation and again the cabin crews' attitude surpassed some of the major airlines. A a spacious lounge and bar on the plane is available for premium passengers. The flight arrived in Lagos 30 minutes early.

(Nigeria)

Arrived at Cotonou airport for flight from Cotonou to Lagos at 04.20 hours. Flight scheduled at 06.20. The flight was cancelled but the truly dreadful thing was that passengers were informed by airport security. No representative from Arik Air bothered to appear at the airport to make alternative arrangements for passengers. I was forced to hire a driver at short notice to drive me to Lagos and inevitably missed my onward connection. Customer service about as bad as it is possible to imagine.

Arik Air customer review

We have flown Martinair 3 times to Orlando. We have chosen Martinair because they are cheap and are the only one flying non-stop to Orlando. However it's a pity that you have to pay for personal entertainment in Economy whereas in the Comfort Class it's free. Further more the cabin crew on these flights were very helpful.

Arik Air customer review

I have just returned from a trip to Lagos Nigeria in Economy Class from Heathrow. I can not fault the aeroplane there was lots of leg room (and my partner and I are not short at 5ft10 and 6ft2) good entertainment selection and plenty of food and drink throughout the journey. All the staff were welcoming and the plane was clean. My only complaint would be that both food options on the way out were spicy Nigerian dishes (but this is only because I am fussy if you like spicy food you will love the selection) however on the way back there was a non spicy dish which was lovely. I would not hesitate to fly with Arik again.