American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

Flight from RTB to FRA via MIA. Flight departed in Roatan 1hr delayed. After the immigration we missed our connection flight. So we had to rebook for the next day. Finding the airport shuttle to the hotel was very hard without any guidance. Rebooked flight to FRA via DFW was delayed for another hour so we thought it could get close again. So we asked for the gate for our connection flight. After reaching the gate we were told that this is the wrong gate and the flight is delayed or another three hours. All ground staff were rude and not willing to get us asap to FRA. The Entertainment system is not state of the art and sometimes not working. The crew were unfriendly. Food is a joke. Never again with AA.

American Airlines customer review

ORD-MIA on March 27. 737-800. Flight was packed and had Emergency Row window - my favorite seat 14F. Upon boarding F/A at door was all smiles - even joked with me while waiting for First Class passengers to get settled while I was at the door. Really fun group of FAs and all smiling. Flight was just about 3 hours and went by fast. Had cheese and crackers snack so not much but we all know the inflight catering in Economy is basically nothing so no complaints. Just bring your own food if you want something substantial. Nothing was shown on the TV's so not sure why - that's the only thing to really say was a let-down. Landed early and bag out quickly. Good job AA!

American Airlines customer review

MIA-POS 28 March in Business Class. 757 had new seats and was 50% full so plenty of room. Departure was 1 hour late due to First Officer being 1 hour late to the flight (wasn't explained why but they kept us in the boarding area so we didn't have to sit on the hot plane). Flight attendants in Biz Class were great - super friendly and smiles. Purser came and greeted each passenger - and his partner FA was all smiles and anticipated your needs which was amazing. Food was really good - AA has changed its menu and very tasty and healthy. Flight was only 3 hours so went by quickly. Another "Thanks for flying with AA" from the Purser prior to landing. Keep up the good work American - really was excellent service.

American Airlines customer review

My husband and I travelled from San Juan to Miami and to Seattle. Nothing was offered in the form of snacks so forget about food. Such a long ride and the seats were very uncomfortable. We had to pay $25.00 for the checked bag. I don't understand how the airlines are getting so cheap. I looked online before I left and it said there would not be any charge for the checked bag. From Seattle to Atlanta and then to San Juan I travelled on the Delta Airlines and we were given snacks.

American Airlines customer review

MAN to JFK on British Airways ticket but American Airlines aircraft. Very old B757 aircraft that has not been refurbished. No seat back screens. Only two choices of meal (three on virgin Atlantic). Very average quality and small portion size. Dessert consisted of a couple of biscuits. Crew were pretty good. No complaints and flight was on time. Seating was cramped. Large number of seats converted to extra legroom but for a premium price.

American Airlines customer review

Flight #1361 BNA-LAX on 3/14/2014. 1st class AM flight and was offered Corn Flakes or Oatmeal? Isn't this 1st class. In this day and age I cannot believe this is the offering. Where is the fruit yoghurt or hot breakfast sandwich? Coach was offered nothing. Nothing to purchase not even a miniature snack of nuts. This was a 5 hour flight. I expect that length of flight to at the very minimum offer a meal that is available to purchase.
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

Flew on an award economy ticket RDU-LHR-RDU a very convenient route if you live in NC/SC or Southern VA. Both flights on time the food edible the service efficient if not enthusiastic the seats cramped and uncomfortable. AA deploys a 767-300 on this route a fine 20th century workhorse but woefully inadequate for the 21st century in passenger comfort and technology - only cabin ceiling monitors for in flight entertainment. The new AA/US combination will need to work hard in the future to match their partner BA and the others competing with them offering US to Europe non stops.

American Airlines customer review

LHR-JFK on my way to Rio and I found that the crew were very unpleasant and had a couldn't care attitude. The connecting flight to Rio was cancelled due to technical issues and a hotel was organised but we had a terrible time getting to he hotel as there was no one to guide or direct us. Very unpleasant experience both ways and the food was a joke too - serving a pizza for breakfast! It was take it or leave it as they had no other options. The crew looked so fed up to be there. I am doing the same journey again but this time definitely it will be a different airline.

American Airlines customer review

Stewardesses were extremely rude on every flight. I had 2 connections from Jacksonville FL to Long Beach CA and then 3 connecting flights on the return home. My carry on was well within the measurement requirements and every time it fit nicely under the seat in front of me. The bag carried my pillow so it appeared to be full. Upon boarding every flight I was harshly informed that "it will not fit and would need to be checked." One lady even tried to take it from me. I had to unnecessarily prove on every flight that it did indeed fit under the seat in front of me. After seeing for her own eyes one stewardess rolled her eyes and walked away. The beverage service was less than mediocre. Not one staff member appeared to be happy to be there.

American Airlines customer review

I took AA4244 from DCA to ORD on 3/17/2014. Flight arrived on time but there was no space for the flight to park due to the only one bridge being broken. After waiting 45 mins flight finally got a free bridge. Several people missed the connection. AA could arrange the flight to wait for few mins as they already knew the flight was waiting outside for the bridge but they prefer to give us hotel and meal voucher. This has happened several times on my trip. If I could I would not take such an airline again. Very disappointed.