Alaska Airlines

"The flight attendant woke me up 4 hours into the flight"

Not Verified | The flight attendant woke me up 4 hours into the flight to tell me I didn't have the right mask and I have to wear a different one, she gave me one then came back every 10 minutes to check on my and give me hassle about not wearing it properly and I can't eat or drink and I get a final warning. I had earbuds in and didn't hear what she said till the "final warning" never use this airline.
RouteSeattle to Raleigh
Date FlownApril 2021

"never use your service again"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to New York connecting to Moscow. I don’t recommend Alaska Airlines to anyone. They don’t care about their customers. Due to incompetency of their employees I couldn’t fly home and spend holiday time with my family. I bought non-refundable air ticket because I was flying to the country where I had citizenship and all citizens could enter the country without any restrictions. It was in the very end of December 2020. At the check-in an employee told me I couldn`t go because to enter the country I was going required COVID test. I it was not applicable to me because I have citizenship of that country. Then she called for another employee, they talked and this time they told me I couldn`t go because for the rules of their Alaska Airline to have COVID test to go on board. At the Alaska Airlines website there was no any information that anyone was required any test to go on board. And the first leg of the flight Alaska Airline was to perform was not international, it was from San-Francisco to New-York. I was to change the airline in New-York and proceed internationally. I can`t understand what was the ground for such decision from those employees and where they got this information they didn’t tell me. Sometimes I think they did it for fun. Or it was awful incompetency and irresponsibility. I lost $600 air ticket and Airbnb reservation. My plans to spend holidays with my family were ruined. I came home and wrote a letter Alaska Airlines customer service and asked them to send me the information where it stated that passengers had to have COVID test. They sent me a link where they suggested me to find out myself if I was eligible to fly without test. Following the link I received the information that test WAS NOT necessary for me. I sent them those results. I received apologies and $100 discount for the next travel with them. This is ridiculous, Alaska Airlines! Your employees are so incompetent and your customer service is insensitive and non-caring. I will never use your service again.
RouteSan Francisco to New York
Date FlownDecember 2020

"they over pack flights"

Trip Verified | Alaska Airlines is a major hassle and don’t know know where to begin. First they over pack flights and make you check your bags and also they are putting complete strangers next to others. It’s funny I got hassled over my mask not being completely over my nose when I was outside walking to the plane.
RouteSan Diego to San Francisco

"Horrible flight"

Trip Verified | Horrible flight, this was on our return home with Delta and Southwest which was wonderful and no issues. We flew with the same bags carry-on on the way to our destination and flying back we were forced to check our bags at the last min when we saw other people with similar size bags. I was harassed about my mask while walking outside of the airplane and not even in the airport over my mask not being completely over my nose. Told my wife not to book Alaska anymore, I will find another way.
RouteSan Diego to San Francisco
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Thanks Charlie for helping me"

Not Verified | I have always had good experiences with Alaska Airlines. Recently, I called to inquire about potential changes to flights for an upcoming vacation. I was extremely lucky to end up working with Charlie from the Alaska Airlines Office in Boise, Idaho. Charlie worked with me for over an hour on the phone making all the changes needed until I was satisfied. He went through multiple options and was able to personalize my situation. He was professional, prompt, solution-oriented and focused on making me a continuing satisfied customer. Sadly, we don't see this level of customer service as often as we would all like. But good to know that it's alive well with Charlie in Boise and Alaska Airlines. Thanks Charlie for helping me and making me still believe in the quality of a company's mission.
RouteFresno to Missoula via Seattle
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I don’t think I can ever go back"

Trip Verified | A sad day today for me. Wish I wasn’t writing this review. Been an Alaska flyer for years now. Have always loved it. Great prices. Great service. Today I don’t think I can ever go back. It’s a principle thing for me. Being a businessman, I highly value how a business treats a customer. We value our customers and put them first in EVERYTHING. Today had one of the most horrendous flights I’ve ever experienced. Halfway through my flight from Honolulu to LAX the flight attendant approached me as my mask was down after just finishing eating some snacks. As if from a hawk from her nest made sure to immediately address my mask being down and almost in a commond said “Put your mask on.” Not a please. Not a “hey sir, you’re our valued customer and you help pay my bills but we have to abide by the law, can you please put your mask on.” It was a “Put your mask on now and I’m not leaving til you do.” kind of a command. Disgusted, I put my mask up, only to find her on the prowl just 3 minutes later to see if I was abiding by her commands. My mask had fell down below my nose just a touch as it does normally when you chew and breathe and sleep on a plane. And she had no problem tapping me on the shoulder to say “Mask up above your nose now. This is your second warning and if I have to come back a 3rd time I will issue a warrant.” At this point I was baffled that humanity has swooped this low. I don’t care if it’s in a pandemic, or a national crisis, when I’m a paying customer there is some degree of customer service and generosity that is expected. No matter how small it might be. I don’t even need her to like me or even act like she likes me. But commanding me to take action like I’m an obedient dog awaiting orders was another level. I don’t even know what kind of warrant she was referring to, but she surely felt good letting me know she had the authority, power, and pride to do it. Just sad. For me, this is all it takes to have me completely switch over to a different airline and never consider Alaska again. Our family has been faithful members for decades flying first class with the miles that we’ve accumulated and Alaska has finally reached it’s lowest point. I wish it wasn’t just one flight attendant. Because an hour later, yet another attendant came over, tapped me to wake ME up, and asked if the man next to me was apart of our party. I told her no and she reached across me to shake the 70 year old man fast asleep next to me awake and said “SIR, you need to put your mask above your nose.” As if I was absolutely disgusted enough, I wanted to tell this lady off so bad. COVID has caused good people to completely throw all logic out the window and abandon good manners and any sense of politeness or respect. And it’s all in the “Name of the law.” Look, I get it. You have to follow laws. But why throw out your entire sense of manners and humanity? To top off the experience, the flight attended left me with a remark that was so loaded with sarcasm and sassiness it was sick.
RouteHonolulu to Salt Lake City via Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2021

"stay away from this airline and their cruel attendants"

Trip Verified | I had just had face surgery and was returning home. When boarding the plane with my mask on the flight attendant approached me and said my mask want tight enough. It a a disposable mask and was tight as it goes. She then calls the captain and security completely embarrassing me. The second flight attendant comes up and says I got this. Goes and grabs another mask and rips the strings. She then ties it as tight as it can go on my head touching my stitches and causing extreme pain. This bought me to tears and they left me like that the whole flight. Over a hour of pain. Definitely stay away from this airline and their cruel attendants.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSan Diego to Fresno

"Truly disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Biggest storm in decades and Alaska sat on their hands, made no attempt to resolve and cost me a day of sitting in an airport. I called in advance to proactively resolve this as the storm was forming. All other major airlines had started cancelling and routing people but Alaska waited and they would not work with me to get me to my destination before the storm. Then once tickets were cancelled they would do nothing but push back my ticket instead of getting me where I needed to be (in a diff state the following evening) plus no hotel or travel voucher to accommodate. Customer service reps are no help and just read from a script instead of actively trying to resolve anything. Truly disappointing experience that deserves no return business. Used to like Alaska so very unfortunate.
RouteSeattle to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2021

"absolutely no social distancing in place"

Not Verified | There is absolutely no social distancing in place. I am absolutely shocked - the plane was packed, they had strangers next to strangers. Good thing there isn’t an infectious airborne disease spreading around!
RouteLos Angeles to Portland
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"What a ripoff!"

Not Verified | I have had the Alaska Air Visa for many years and had accumulated quite a few points. I scheduled a flight online and went back the next day to upgrade to 1st class with my points and was told there were no upgrade seats available, though the flight was still over three and a half months in the future. They finally relented and said that they would let me upgrade but that I would have to pay $209, that I had not selected the upgrade fare when I made the reservation. So the "upgrade fare" is $209 more! I have to pay $209 to use my points? What a ripoff! "Get our credit card and get points, but you have to pay to use them"?
RouteChicago to Anchorage