Air India

"not worth the risk of flying with them"

Not Verified | Lost/Delayed Luggage. Air India is worse flight ever I experienced. We all booked the flights with trust and conditions but this airline not obey any of responsibility towards customer and always something new happened.; This time my mother lost whole luggage which is they are not responsible they said we will send you home but even they don’t know where is a customers bad and staff is so bad and rude they are unable help for anything whatever you said they are blank we try to make a lot of calls which cost a lot overseas and staff said pls call Airport there is no one who help out and tell us truth . Please note it is not worth the risk of flying with them.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2022

"providing low budget airline facilities"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I see this airline charging full service carrier and providing low budget airline facilities. Air plane interior was worn out. Seats were cranky and hard. Infotainment was not working except flight map. Lunch portion served was appears to be a child meal. Special meal request was not served. However crew were trying their best and flight arrived early even after a 1 hour delayed departure.
RouteTokyo to New Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2022

"first and the last time on Air India"

Trip Verified | Travelling for the first and the last time on Air India. Delay by 11 hrs. from Vancouver to Delhi and return was 10 hrs delay. the inflight entertainment service does not work and you have no clue what to do for a 15 hrs journey, none of the screens work at all, the seats are dirty and broken, the tray table are broken. Ordered for Childs meal got Chinese meal, the beer is served warm with a glass of ice. On return journey the hotel provided in Delhi was a 1 star hotel with very poor rooms and service.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteVancouver to Mumbai via Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"One of the worst experience"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | One of the worst experience I had with this airline. I had an infant with me and they refused to issue the boarding pass saying that they need the visa. Where as in Saudi Arabia infants visa is issued on arrival. These guys refused to provide the boarding pass and I have to cancel my ticket and issue a new ticket from a other airlines who have given me the boarding pass unconditionally. They keep 3rd class people in there team who knows nothing but to trouble you and make you run.
RouteHyderabad to Jeddah
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Worst experience I have ever had"

Not Verified | Awful! Worst experience I have ever had. Check in was challenging. I paid a large sum of money for business class. My seat buttons did not work. I had to sit upright the entire 15 hour flight. The only thing I got from flight attendants was “Sorry for the inconvenience.” No wifi. No entertainment. Worn out plane. A rip off! Never again!
RouteDelhi to Washington
Date FlownJuly 2022

"not choose this airline"

Trip Verified | I am warning others to not choose this airline even if the ticket prices are attractive. You want nothing to do with this type of service. I have been on the phone for a refund for a cancelled flight throughout the last 15 months (flight cancelled in May 2021 and its August 2022) and left numerous feedback forms on the website and all I receive are apology emails that inform me that they are processing the refund as soon as possible. Every last agent tells me they are escalating to some other department. Last contact from their "ecommerce department" was on 29 January 2022, after which nothing else. I have tried contacting them after that as well to no avail.
RouteChicago to Delhi
Date FlownMay 2022

"I would not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Worst experience flying Air India. The plane from Mumbai to Newark was dilapidated and some of the seats were even broken (they were still assigned to customers). The in-flight entertainment did not work. The flight attendants seemed apathetic to pressing the request assistance button on the seats. The food was just OK. We had terrible experience checking in at the Mumbai airport. The airport manager was rude and would not let me check in my car seat for free which is the law in the US and demanded me to pay extra money for it. He would not listen to my argument that I got it to India for free and this was my return trip back to the US. Only later I showed him that the Air India website listed that car seats travel free that he allowed me to check the car seats for free. I would not recommend this airline to anyone till Air India retrains their staff in customer service and upgrades their airplanes.
RouteMumbai to Newark
Date FlownMay 2022

"a dilapidated and outdated aircraft"

Trip Verified | Air India should be ashamed for operating such a dilapidated and outdated aircraft for a 14-hour flight on this sector and charging a premium of almost CAD $2500.00 per ticket for a one-way flight. Their domestic aircrafts are in much better shape. There was a 8 hour delay to begin with. Paid additional price for booking XL seats for extra leg space but to my horror realized that these seats are narrower at the waist in comparison to a normal seat. Broken tray tables with cracks and stains, no inflight entertainment (for the entire duration of the journey) and a nonworking toilet added to our woes. Would the top management of AI fly economy on such an aircraft on a 14 hour flight? The cabin crew were courteous but there was nothing much they could do with regards to the condition of the aircraft.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDelhi to Vancouver

"Never travel Air India"

Trip Verified | Worst experience. Flight delayed for 15 hours from Delhi to Chicago. Food is very bad in International flight. No Entertainment. Most of the screens are not working. Alcohol served is very low quality. Not clean and Most of remotes doesn't work , and those are old like 1947. Never travel Air India.
RouteHyderabad to Chicago via Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Absolute worst airline and service"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Absolute worst airline and service. IFE did not work for most people on the flight, meals were terrible, cabin crew took at least 15 minutes to respond to calls at a time when they were not even busy. Air con did not work for 45 minutes when we were waiting to take off at 40C in Delhi airport (it worked fine once we were airborne), seats did not recline properly. No alcoholic beverages served and no communication from pilot or co-pilot whatsoever though the entire flight. Absolutely horrendous show and definitely not flying them again.
RouteDelhi to Hong Kong