Air India

"It was a nightmare"

Not Verified | I had connecting flight of air India from Amritsar to Delhi, from Delhi i had international flight to Vancouver. Air India was delayed by 2 hours. Then they said flight is delayed by another 3 hours. Later they said flight is cancelled, there was no bad weather or any adverse conditions. Because of them my connecting flight got missed. I was traveling with my wife, 2 years old girl and 1 year boy. Whole night we had to spend on airport. No accommodation, food, or refund provided. Had to purchase 4 new tickets. Staff at Delhi airport was so rude. We were crying over there with kids, never felt that helpless in my life. It was a nightmare.
RouteDelhi to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Absolute nightmare"

Trip Verified | Absolute nightmare. boarding delayed for 15 hours due to technical difficulties and no option to cancel/reschedule flight. All they said is that they will take care of everyone. Now, that would be spending another night at the airport and wait time of 12 more hours for connecting flight to destination. Used to be a convenient direct airlines to India but this is such a pathetic and horrifying experience. I would never travel again with Air India. Senior citizens with might think it is convenient to travel directly from US to India but on the contrary it is an absolute nightmare.
RouteChicago to Delhi
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they said that boarding is closed."

Trip Verified | Air India is worst airline. They are just fetching money from its flyers. I reached at window 45mins prior to my flight departure. And they said that boarding is closed. And they cannot do anything with it, and we have to book a new ticket and have to pay full amount. We cancelled our plan to take next flight. But on schedule board it was showing same flight was on boarding stage till 15mins prior to departure. There were more people like us.
RouteDelhi to Chennai
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"assigned my seat to someone else"

Trip Verified | Despite having paid extra for a specific seat when I booked the ticked, Air India staff assigned my seat to someone else after I had checked in for the flight. My boarding pass was already printed and given to me with the seat I had chosen at booking, but Air India staff subsequently assigned my seat to someone else. On the plane, when I raised the issue, the cabin crew and counter staff failed to rectify the situation. They then moved me to a demonstrably worse seat, one without a TV, which all other passengers had. Mind you, this was for a 15-hour flight. I understand that people sometimes need to have their seats shifted, but surely there were others on the plane who hadn't paid for their seats, so their seats should be changed, not those of us who paid for our seating. In addition, it's outrageous that Air India would give my seat to someone else after I checked in and had the my boarding pass with my proper seat number printed on it.
RouteDelhi to San Francisco
Date FlownAugust 2021

"there was no hygiene"

Trip Verified | We flew from Newark to Delhi airport. The service provided on the flight was the worst. No blanket, no pillow, no coffee/tea nothing. As per air hostess, the flight was under COVID-restriction travel, so nothing to be provided to the passengers. I don't understand then why they are charging more from us, if you don't want to provide us with all amenities. If this was a COVID flight, we expect some cleanliness but there was no hygiene. The air hostesses were so rude sometimes. They didn't allow us to use some restrooms because of their safety concerns. Really! As we are traveling, this doesn't mean that we have COVID. We all sat on that flight with a negative COVID test, at least give us some respect. I will never recommend.
RouteNewark to Delhi
Date FlownJuly 2021

"How can this airline treat passengers so casually?"

Not Verified | Never book any flight with this airline as they have extremely poor service, pathetic staff, worst customer service and unprofessional behaviour. They treat passengers as if they are traveling on a free ride with the airline and have no plans to reach the destination. There is no acknowledgement about the delays and no support for refund or reschedule. The refund takes more than 6 months sometimes! My Luggage was damaged and Company ID was lost while returning from Udaipur to Mumbai. How can this airline treat passengers so casually?
RouteMumbai to Udaipur
Date FlownAugust 2021

"amount is not refundable"

Trip Verified | Air India Customer Service is unprofessional and customer service numbers are down all the time. No update given on their website or info to travel agents. I was suppose to cancel my flight to Tirupati but as there customer care lines are down, I had to call them back next day of my booking. Since I did not reach out to them 24 hours after the ticket was booked, the amount is not refundable. Stop booking Air India rather Indigo really helped me with regard to full refund.
RouteTirupati to Hyderabad
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not refunding the money"

Trip Verified | We had booked the tickets online, and we could easy book the tickets on the Air India Website and also got the email confirmation immediately. Even now it shows that the status as confirmed. We went to the airport with all the luggage and all and we came to know that Air India flights are not been flying since more than a month now. So now why are we allowed to book the tickets when the flights are not flying at all. Secondly the systems at Air India Customer care are not at all updated and they have no idea or update of the current status of the flights. We would have called at least 10 times and every time they mentioned flight is confirmed and later after several transfer to escalation team and all we get to know that flights are not flying. Now at maharaja we got the update that the flight is not flying, however it is a scam and trying to fool people as till yesterday in maharaja It was showing out name and details for the particular flight but today is says it is cancelled. Are the website and customer care people not aware of the current status or are they doing it knowingly to collect money from people and not refund it.Its a big scam going on that too when Indian government is involved. Now when we call for refund we are directed to several teams on the call on long waits and no one is able to give a proper solution. Not sure if we will ever get the money back. Really frustrated, along with that we also did the RTPCR test which cost around 600$ for 3 of us. we had given several calls before going for the test just to be sure and conformed and the Customer care guys mentioned it is confirmed. At the Airport we met 4 other families who had booked on the same flight on same date and were facing the same issue. I am sure Air India is earning a lot from these false booking and not refunding the money. People be aware before you choose Air India. I know these writing and comments doesn't effect Air India however just for the knowledge and awareness for people to be cautious and not suffer.
RouteToronto to Bhubaneswar via Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2020

"good for nothing customer support"

Trip Verified | They will take your money and you will never see it again, even if you do your due diligence and cancel within 24 hours, even if you call them every other day for 2 month, wait on hold for hours, write 20 emails and create 5 escalated cases with their sub standard, rude and good for nothing customer support agents. All of the above happened to me. I booked a business class ticket and tried to cancel online but the system was down so I called to cancel within 24 hours. But the customer support agent casually said, and I quote "please call back later. The system is undergoing maintenance and I cannot cancel at this time". That was my first red flag. What kind of an agent cannot cancel even if the user cannot cancel? So I left an email asking them to cancel within 24 hours. I called several times after that and I got the same response: I'd have to pay the $200 cancellation charge because the 24 hours has passed. Otherwise, they said its wise to hold off on cancelling until my escalated case would be reviewed by someone at a higher level. That the customer agents do not have access to emails because they just dont and only the backend team can see my emails That I'd get a response within 24 to 48 hours (but didnt). Even if I did, it was always automated or tightly scripted (was I ever talking to a human?). Exhausted with the constant back and forth and going nowhere for 1 month but before my flight date, I called them to cancel my booking, agreeing to pay the $200. I was promised that my escalated case would be seen to and I'd get back my $200 fee but it never was. I left them multiple requests in email, on their feedback form but talking to these people is like talking to a wall.
RouteNewark to Kolkata via delhi
Date FlownMay 2021

"significant delay in refunding money"

Trip Verified | I cancelled my Air India tickets in April 2021, I have not fully refunded my money back yet. I have called and e-mailed several time, no response from anybody at all. There is significant delay in refunding money, the same is happing to my friends with Air India. Some of my friends still waiting for refunds for more than a six months. Nobody from Air India is accountable for this poor service. Very pathetic customer service. Decided not ever plan to use in the future this air lines again.
RouteToronto to Delhi via Hyderabad