Air France

"Air France does not care about their customers"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed with Air France service and customer support and would convince everyone to avoid this airline in future. It was not possible to reach support via phone (support line was not even posted on their website, moreover no one responded), or official app. Help desk was closed, though it should have been opened according to the opening hours. I contacted help via app to find out where other help desks were located in CDG airport, but I was denied to obtain any answer, I was told to find out it myself. My flights were delayed due to the strike in Paris, and it turned out once in trouble Air France does not care about their customers, and holders of Flying Blue loyalty program. I obtained new ticket for flight to Washington next day, but obtained no hotel to stay because of delay. Also quality of service and seats onboard was poor. Avoid CDG airport and Air France if you can!
RoutePrague to Paris via Washington, D.C.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"surprised to discover how uncomfortable the seats were"

Trip Verified | Disappointing experience in Air France Premium Economy. The arriving plane was delayed inbound due to mechanical problems and then had further mechanical problems resulting in more delays leaving Detroit. Gate agents did a reasonable job of keeping everyone informed. I had read poor reviews of the Premium Economy seating and was still surprised to discover how uncomfortable the seats were. They do not really recline but slide forward and finding a comfortable seating position was difficult. My wife did better since she is shorter but at almost 6ft I could not get comfortable in the seats at all. Footrest was basically useless. I managed to make the seat a bit more bearable by sitting on the folded blanket and the pillow provided on the seat. The "inspired gourmet meal" per the AF website was the same as regular economy and not that inspiring. The appetizer "inspired by the Business Class menu" was a meat pate that really didn't pair well with a vegetarian meal. The "chilled oshibori towel" was missing, replaced by a wet wipe tossed on the tray table. Service was minimal and indifferent with the crew disappearing right after the meal was served - there were no water runs or crew service for the majority of the flight. In general, the flight experience reflects what seems to become the norm. However, the Premium Economy hype on the Air France website raises unrealistic expectations. This flight was a code share with Delta and the Delta service on the Delta return flight was significantly better. All in all, the Air France Premium Economy product is poor and not a good value for money.
RouteDetroit to Paris CDG
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Overall a perfect flight"

Trip Verified | Overnight flight from Paris to Tokyo. Departure and arrival were punctual. Boeing 777 with what I believed to be the latest seating. The seat was well-designed giving me a fair amount of privacy. Food, wine and IFE choice were excellent. The FAs were very friendly and attentive (some might have found them too friendly but I appreciated it). Overall a perfect flight. I could not fault it in any way.
RouteParis to Tokyo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"treat passengers in very bad manner"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | I flew with Air France from Paris to Buenos Aires. They managed to lose my bag in Paris, which I discovered in Buenos Aires. After I filled a complaint they identified my bag, but don't want to send it to me. Air France is very impolite in communication and they treat the passengers in very bad manner. I wound not recommend that company to no one.
RouteParis to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2019

"unforgiving with baggage allowance"

Trip Verified | Paris to New York. Air France is very rigid and unforgiving with the carry on baggage allowance. They weigh the 2 carry ons that you’re allowed and will be coerced to check in the luggage if both weighs over 10kG for 50 euros a pop. Simply put it’s the same carry on I had and a little bit lighter because I disposed of some gifts and toiletries on my way back but I flew in via Delta. I will never fly Air France if given any choice.
RouteParis to New York
Date FlownDecember 2019

"they are changing my flight"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Istanbul via Paris with Delta / Air France booked for December 2019. I have my ticket for Istanbul which I got it 3 months ago and I paid full amount not they are changing my flight info which I planned for since 3 months ago and I called them and they did not provide any adjustment and they are expecting me to cancel my entire trip which I planned 3 months ago. This is the first and last time I will fly with Air France.
RouteSalt Lake City to Istanbul via Paris
Date FlownNovember 2019

"crew very friendly and polite"

Trip Verified | Flight from Aberdeen to Lisbon via Paris, both flights were more or less on time. Air France lounge is Paris is rather nice although really busy. The crew was very friendly and polite in both flights. The only thing I would criticise was the meal on the flight between Paris and Lisbon. That cold meal was totally uninspired.
AircraftE190 / A321
RouteAberdeen to Lisbon via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

"made me weigh my carry-on bag"

Trip Verified | Poor customer service and they just don’t care. Flew JFK to CDG with no issues but on return trip before entering passport control they made me weigh my carry-on bag which was 12kg. They then made me add my personal item (backpack with computer) to the scale and told me I was overweight and needed to check my bag. Very rude and unprofessional. Charged me €50 to check a carry on size bag that has been all around the world on dozens of airlines. Will not fly Air France again and neither should you!
RouteParis CDG to New York
Date FlownNovember 2019

"unprofessional to overbook flights"

Trip Verified | My flight was overbooked from Stockholm to Biarritz via Paris. I was not aware of this until I was dropping off my bag. They told me I had to go to the boarding gate and they would send my bag to paris for me to get later. When i got to boarding gate after everyone was boarded they told me that there were no seats available. When I asked how this could happen it was stated "It is just the airline." I then was walked by a staff member to a baggage collection area where i was told to get my bag and then go to information desk. This was after being told i would pick up my bag at a later time in France. I waited at the conveyor belt which had stopped running and then noticed my bag next to a man on the other side of the area. After getting back my bag i found the information desk where they booked me a hotel for the night and gave me compensation. However, I did not feel the situation was handled well being passed between multiple staff members and being given poor instructions. I asked for a pen to write down my bus stop, bus time and hotel name. The staff member said no and handed me a piece of scrap paper with random information sprawled across it. With BW, 7, 17 and 37. BW for. Best Western, 7 for bus stop and 17 and 37 for the minute the bus came every hour. I was not given a booking confirmation for the hotel and everything i should have automatically been given such as confirmation of compensation I had to ask for specifically. There were other people in the same situation as me with Air France. If a flight has been overbooked it needs to be established and fixed with the customer before the day of the flight. Today i flew from Biarritz to London with a stop in Paris. My bag has been left in Paris and the flight was delayed. People have deadlines, other flights and events they need to attend. It is totally unprofessional to overbook flights when people are paying money for a seat and to put to flights so close together when you can't even get the baggage on the connecting flight.
RouteStockholm to Biarritz via Paris
Date FlownNovember 2019

"enjoy flying with Air France"

Trip Verified | Bogotá to Paris. Air France business class is excellent! I flew from Bogotá to Paris, flight attendants were very attentive, friendly and professional. The full flat bed seats are very comfortable, I slept almost during the entire flight. Food was good (food is amazing when flying from Paris). The Inflight entertainment is great, many movies (old and recents ones) Totally enjoy flying with Air France.
RouteBogotá to Paris