Air France

"zero service in Business Class"

Trip Verified | Air France is providing zero service in Business Class on flights between the UK and France. I flew Manchester to Paris and was offered nothing. Not even water. The crew disappeared to the back of the aircraft and closed the curtain for the entire flight. When I asked the Purser working the flight why there was no inflight service he advised AF had taken the decision to scrap all service throughout the aircraft on UK-France flights 'due to COVID'. What a joke.
AircraftE190
RouteManchester to Paris CDG
Date FlownAugust 2021

"really down to a fabulous crew"

Not Verified | Great all round experience once in the air. On the ground is a different story! The good experience was really down to a fabulous crew. Very professional and charming. The food & beverages was really good. It seems like out of CDG the on board experience has really picked up since I last flew AF out of CDG just prior to covid. Great selections and quality along with awesome presentation. The 787 is really great for long haul. Good seats, good entertainment, quiet cabin and good amenities. Arrived in DTW approx 45 mins ahead of schedule. The bad part is the ground service. I'm sure the rush to travel now restrictions are being eased does not help, but at both LIS and CDG the boarding process is pandemonium. No-one seems to understand zoned boarding, so you literally have to fight your way through throngs of people to board at your allotted time. The paperwork for Covid related info at CDG was never addressed over the PA, but there was a table (without pens) and some papers that should be filled out, but no-one working the gate said anything until you were scanning your BP with the gate agent, so many people would then retreat back to the table and back through the line of passengers waiting to board. To cap all this, a PAX traveling with her 7 YO son was denied boarding and caused a major commotion for about 20 mins as she had been misinformed about her sons test. OK maybe this isn't on Air France, but from what she screamed to the security agents would suggest she had been given the wrong info by Air France the previous day when she was denied boarding because she didn't have the correct test to travel to USA. After getting the required test she arrived at the gate of my flight only to be denied because her son had not been tested. I know this is 100% on the passenger, but she had been misinformed about this requirement by AF the previous day in regards to her son, so certainly have some sympathy for her. Overall it added enormously to the chaos and CDG is not best equipped to have an entire widebody's load of PAX jostling and not observing any kind of distancing. Apart from the poor ground service the only negative thing while in the air was the terrible wifi. Such slow speeds even emailing was futile and considering I paid to be connected the entire flight, I couldn't really work on anything.
RouteLisbon to Paris CDG via Detroit
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Service on board was efficient"

Trip Verified | Check in and security at AMS were a great example of kindness from all KLM employees. They deserve respect. Boarding by stairs. Hand luggage could not be carried with us. CRJ is a rather uncomfortable aircraft (compared with Embraer's) and a 90 mn flight was not nice for my legs. Service on board was efficient.
AircraftCRJ1000
RouteAmsterdam to Marseille
Date FlownAugust 2021

"no longer giving miles with Economy class"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Warsaw , August 16th 2021 Economy class. As Air France is no longer giving miles to it's Skyteam Partners Travelers (I'm Frequent flyer Gold with Aeroflot) with Economy class tickets, but only with Economy Premium tickets - from now on I'll fly Easy Jet within the Schengen area, and other SkyTeam airlines except Air France outside the Schengen area.
RouteParis CDG to Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Easyjet's a way better option for intra European travel"

Trip Verified | Still the worst among major European airlines. CDG still cramped and overcrowded despite Covid. Disorganised boarding process with no respect of zones or announcements. Old and tired medium haul cabin. Flight delayed with no explanation. Easyjet's a way better option for intra European travel.
RouteParis to Venice
Date FlownAugust 2021

"forgot a part of the luggage in Paris"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Our flight was delayed for 2 hours, wish I could cope with thought. But after that it went from bad to worse. They firstly announced that they forgot a part of the luggage in Paris, so we had to wait till the next flight to receive them. Every day we hoped for some good news, but we ended up spending our 3 week trip without our cloths and presents we got for our family over there. When the flight back also got delayed 35 mins I was disappointed. Luckily the air attendants were kind during the flight, otherwise it would have been a total nightmare. I really hope they will get our luggage back to us and refund all the clothes and stuff we had to buy, otherwise it will be our last time flying with them.
RouteParis to Yaounde
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the worst travel experience"

Not Verified | This was the worst trip experience I ever had. I first of all kept getting pushed back because my covid result never came on time then, advised me to get a rapid test. My final destination was Douala and they didn't let me get on because, I had a rapid test. They took us to go get the test but, had us wait for an hour just to tell us, it was closed. Since, I had no more boarding pass, I couldn't go upstairs and was with my daughter .. no food and no change in currency. They wanted my daughter and I to sleep there, they didn't even have plugs for our phones. I didn't have food or anything and my daughter was tired and hungry. I became irritated and wanted to call the U.S embassy since I am in the military. The lady then negotiated for me and I got a choice, to take the ticket back to the US. I finally flew back home, lost my voucher, spent money for nothing and they lost two of my luggage. This was the worst travel experience I ever had, including customer service for the most part.
RouteWashington to Douala via Paris
Date FlownJune 2021

"not to trust Travel Docs"

Not Verified | I am writing to warn not to trust Air France's information system called "Travel Docs," which is their version of TIMATIC for checking document requirements. Everything I looked up is wrong. I checked TWOV in AMS, entry into DE & RO and each response was that entry is forbidden. That is simply incorrect. I checked the gold standard TIMATIC and learned that their information is the same that I got from each of those three countries' consulates. It is just shocking that a long-established airline company cannot be trusted to provide accurate information to its passengers. Very discourteous ground staff at LAX - they should hire staff who know how to treat the public with courtesy. Food's not what it used to be, but nothing really is.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris

"every shop was closed\3

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | The worst experience I have had during my international trips. First they canceled my flight and changed it with the flight that departed 10 hours later then initial flight. They did warn me 20 days before the date but what am I supposed to do with my planned vacation? The thing is, that I arrived at 22:40, at the terminal where everything, every shop was closed. So luckily I had snacks and water with me otherwise I don’t know what would I do.
RouteMoscow to Paris
Date FlownJune 2021

"We can't eat vegetarian food"

Trip Verified | My wife and our son had a terrible experience on this flight. Our Screen flight map wasn't working while other seats next to us were working. We were offered only a vegetarian meal while everyone else was offered 2 options: chicken and vegetarian. We can't eat vegetarian food and hence we didn't eat. I escalated this to the manager of the flight attendants and he was rude and condescending. We had over an hour delay in getting our bags because they did not offer the passengers the declaration form for entering Cairo in advance. It was offered by your office at Cairo airport when the flight arrived in Cairo. This caused a huge delay because the passengers had to sit in the airplane to fill those forms. Which caused the bags to be sitting on the belt for pick up and all passengers spent over an hour to get their bags.
RouteChicago to Cairo via Paris