Air Europa

"lack of respect for its customers"

Trip Verified | I flew twice with Air Europa. During the first, my suitcase took a big hit and was deformed, then during the second, the bottles neatly arranged inside were all broken. This company is incompetent when it comes to taking care of your luggage, this is a clear lack of respect for its customers. J'ai fait deux vols avec Air Europa. Pendant le premier, ma valise s'est pris un gros coup et a été déformée, puis pendant le second, les bouteilles soigneusement disposées à l'intérieur ont toutes été cassées. Cette compagnie est incompetente lorsqu'il s'agit de prendre soin de vos bagages, il s'agit d'un clair manque de respect envers ses clients.
RouteLima to Paris via Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2022

"no excuse for their behaviour"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | This flight was bound to go wrong before it even took off. 2:30 AM flight leaving Alghero arriving in Madrid at 4:30. The inbound fight from Madrid had taken off at midnight so the crew were already exhausted. There was still no excuse for their behaviour. No welcoming or good byes to any passengers, no service and literally yelling at three older couples who had forgotten to put their mask on before entering the flight instead of politely informing them. The flight was the only one leaving Alghero at night. Forget the shops that were obviously closed, there was not even a possibility to buy water at the airport prior to the flight (vending machines empty.) This flight needs to be moved earlier or by all means later but the airport and cabin crew of Air Europa could not handle it on this occasion.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteAlghero to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2022

"it has been a very satisfying experience"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | 3rd time on Air Europa and it has been a very satisfying experience. On time, clean and modern aircraft, friendly crew on the ground and on board. Never had an issue with them and I would be happy to fly them again.
RouteA Coruña to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Disorganized check in and chaotic boarding"

Trip Verified | Chaotic / disorganized boarding. Older male member of Air Europa/Swissport was yelling at business class passengers: "if you want to fly you need step back and listen to me". Very rude and unprofessional. Some older passengers got shaken by his attitude. I have complained to local Air Europa female supervisor who did not supervise boarding. Instead she was hiding below the escalator with a male colleague. That is a clear job failure! They had no announcement about delayed boarding. They do not have boarding group lines organized and clearly marked. We had a similar experience in January in Madrid. Disorganized check in and chaotic boarding seems to be a chronic disease of Air Europa. It spoils passengers experience and the reputation of the airlines.
RouteMiami to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2022

"This was the worst experience"

Not Verified | This was the worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline, first I checked in online from both flights going to Rome and coming back to nyc and both times their app said I was able to leave luggage at a drop off counter and proceed to security. In neither JFK or FCO does this airline have any luggage drop off counter, both times we waited 45 minutes just to check luggage. Secondly every flight, 4 in total, was delayed by an hour or more, and we were seated on the plane to wait during this time. The plane were extremely hot and uncomfortable, I witnessed and elderly couple ask for water and I watched as they were snubbed and spoken to rudely by the crew. On my 8 hour flight from nyc to Rome I reserved and paid for extra large seats a $220 cost, only to arrive on the plane and see that I had been moved to a middle seat in the middle of the plane. When I spoke to the crew they told me there was nothing they could do and I would have to ask for a refund upon arrival to our destination. I then saw the crew filling up the empty seats on the plane with standby flyers. I’m not opposed to this but wouldn’t it have made more sense to offer to move me and my husband? We paid for seats don’t get an apology or anything just brushed off by staff that seemed bothered I had even spoken to them at all. I feel like I was scammed, this airline should be formally investigated. Worst experience I’ve ever had I will never fly with them ever again and I hope no one else ever does either.
RouteRome to New York via Madrid

"disgrace of an airline"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | São Paulo to London Gatwick via Madrid. This is a joke/disgrace of an airline. We had booked with 2 adults and 2 children (ages 5 and 3). They placed us in separate seats. On check in they demanded that we pay extra for the privilege of having our toddlers sitting with us. With this ransom over our heads, we paid extra. On getting to the gate, despite us showing our online tickets, they demanded we go to a separate desk (with 30 minutes wait) to print the tickets. We got to the print desk, and they didn't have the updated seats we'd paid for at check in. Despite us having a 3 year old and having paid to be together the staff of this disgusting airline insisted we all sit apart. We spent the first ten minutes of being on the plane negotiating with various kind, unlucky customers seat swaps. During the 10 hour flight, we were offered one meal and they also rationed water. There were several minor other gripes that place this airline way below its peers by itself but won't trivialise the above by going into details. Do yourself a favour and NEVER, NEVER use this disgrace of an airline. Employees there should feel ashamed.
RouteSão Paulo to London Gatwick via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2022

"very disappointed at their services"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I flew with Air Europa from Brussels to Bogota and from Lima to Brussels this summer and I was very disappointed at their services. The staff put me at the back of the airplane while knowing that I had a connecting flight in Madrid. The plane left Brussels with a 2 hour delay and I almost missed my connection. When I finally made it to Madrid, there were no indications and no help. The flight from Lima to Madrid was even more terrible. The plane was delayed for 5 hours and I missed my connection in Madrid. After a 12 hour flight and a 5 hour delay, I was obliged to wait for another 6 hours at Madrid Airport to catch the next flight to Brussels. When I asked for compensation, Air Europa refused to reimburse me. The company said that the delay was due to "unforeseen circumstances" and I thus don't qualify for a refund. Please save yourselves some time and energy. Air Europa is a company that doesn't respect its clients and their needs.
RouteLima to Brussels via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I will not fly with them anymore"

Not Verified | Awful service. They didn’t give me any seat when I was doing the check in. I arrived to the airport 3 hours before the flight, I didn’t have any luggage and they told me to go to the main door and they will give me the seat. My surprise was when I arrived there and they told me to wait until the end for them to give me a seat. Very rude staff. I will not fly with them anymore and I will not recommend anyone doing that.
RouteMadrid to London
Date FlownJuly 2022

"they don't give customer service at all"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | My daughter and friend landed in Honduras after connection in Madrid. Their final destination - long trip in Guatemala. In Honduras the found out the friends suitcase didn't arrive. Since then, over a week, no one is assisting them in finding the suitcase which included medicine and many personal items. It ruins their trip. Don't fly with them, they don't give customer service at all.
RouteTel Aviv to Honduras via Madrid

"Avoid at all cost"

Not Verified | We booked and paid online. We arrive 2 hors before departure before being told we were on standby. Reason was a massive overbooking, the plane was delayed by 1.30 hours. We waited again to be told no one deemed overbooked will board. We has to retrieve our luggage to start again. The staff didn’t understand the sky team highest status saying there was no business class on the flight. Try to explain the difference between a priority status and a seat class to a wall was easier. Avoid at all cost.
AircraftATR 72