Air Europa

"have waited more than 3 hours on hold"

Trip Verified | I haven't actually taken a flight with Air Europa because covid travel restrictions smashed my European travel plans. That being said I'm sitting on two round trip business class tickets that I need to cancel or get some type of future credit, but after trying 6 separate times to contact a customer service representative (phone, email, you name it) I am giving up. I have waited more than 3 hours on hold and have yet to have anyone answer. The support line says '24 hours' but on off hours you will just get a recording 'due to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot answer your call right now. Please try again in a few minutes'.
RouteMedellin to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"absolutely no response"

Not Verified | I booked flights from Valencia to Palma but my computer auto filled the 2nd passenger name. Realised within a few hours and have spent the last week and a half trying to get this changed. Started out very promisingly response to tweet was DM us the correct name. But despite numerous DMs and tweets absolutely no response. To re-rebook the flight now is 50% more.
RouteValencia to Palma

"Very disappointed!"

Trip Verified | I booked business because I wanted to use the priority boarding and also keep away from other people due to Covid. At Gatwick airport to get on the aircraft, there was no separate queue for priority boarding so we had to queue with everyone else not following the distance rule and some without masks. The business isn't worth the money you pay since you are treated the same as those in the economy. Very disappointed!
RouteLondon to Madrid

"Terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience with this airline! Just arrived in São Paulo from Madrid and it was so far the worst transatlantic flight experience that I ever had! My flight was number UX57, arrived on 12/08/21 around 04:40 in the morning) and all the flight attendants were very rude all the time, having many arguments with several passengers. They served only one option of dinner (in a 10 hours flight) and when they were asked about other options of drinks apart from water they said that they don’t provide for covid reasons. So I asked for a second bottle of water and I was told that I could get more at the back of the plane (so I should cross the whole plane for more water despite we shouldn’t walk in the plane or use toilets that are not next to our seat for covid safety reasons). When I finally managed to go to the back, they gave me a small glass of warm water and that was all we could get. Many seats were empty and despite the fact I was seating in the middle of two other passengers that I was not travelling with, I couldn’t move seats because is a rule in the company to not move seats.
RouteMadrid to São Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2021

"poor and rude customer service"

Not Verified | Everything has gone wrong with this airline: from a 1 week delayed baggage, to poor and rude customer service. Even the website doesn't work properly and when it continued to tell me that it could not find my reservation number I was forced to once again call the treacherous service desk. Treacherous is the right word, as they can hang up on you at any point in the 45 minute queue to speak to an agent. Even once you do get to an agent they have hung up on me multiple times once putting me back on hold. In conclusion everything about Air Europa is horrible. Honestly shocked that so many people are still choosing to fly with them. I know I will never fly with them again and would strongly advise you to do the same.
RouteAmsterdam to Medellin

"lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | After being used to the overall good service and friendly attitude of the flight crew of Air Europa, it was very disappointing to see the decay in both. During the eight hours flight that departed Miami at 11:30pm, we were served only one meal, it was poor quality and only one choice, no drinks except water was offered during dinner. Snacks and breakfast were excluded “to prevent interaction between crew members and passengers due to COVID’. However, the “interaction” seemed unimportant for selling the same items such as sodas, sandwiches and wine during the flight. If costs need to be cut, be upfront with customer and do not insult customers intelligence by offering lame excuses. I understand new regulations must be enforced but flight attendant’s rudeness and lack of professionalism were highly unsuitable.
RouteMiami to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Nobody can tell me where the luggage is"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Horrible lack of service. Flew with my special luggage, upon arrival my surf gear did not arrive. Upon requesting where my luggage was, the employee said it was not possible to contact anyone at the same company as this is not how they work. Nor could they verify where my luggage was. After filling in some paperwork they assured me all would be arranged and they would start looking for my luggage. I’ve been trying to contact Air Europa all weekend. Nobody can tell me where the luggage is, nor verify it’s even in their possession. 48 hours have passed and I still don’t know if i will get my stuff back.
RouteMadrid to Tenerife
Date FlownMay 2021

"The Ryanair of long haul"

Not Verified | The Ryanair of long haul. That is to say, bad service, penny pinching and unpleasant flight attendants. I wasn't expecting much, but the meal was even worse than my low expectations. No choice of food so tough luck if you don't like meat and pasta. To drink, a choice of water or water. That was it. No breakfast, though you could pay 3 euros for coffee, not fresh of course. During the night, no water brought round and difficult to find. No attendants were to be found. I asked for a bottle of water before dinner. 3 euros to use earplugs to watch a film! More expensive than a lot of other proper airlines. The only positive - they left and arrived almost on time - I think both about 10 mins late so nothing major. All in all, a really unpleasant experience. I will not be using this company again.
RouteMadrid to Asuncion
Date FlownMay 2021

"just a 33cl water bottle"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | An 11 hour flight with just a 33cl water bottle, just pasta a la bolognese. Worse long flight ever for some that doesn’t eat meat and is used to drink at least 2l of water per day.
RouteLisbon to Cancun via Madrid
Date FlownApril 2021

"Still waiting for a refund"

Trip Verified | Still waiting for a refund for cancelled flights over a year later. Customer service is appalling. Understandable at the beginning of the pandemic that they would be busy, so had call waiting times of over an hour just to speak to customer services. Flight was booked in Feb 2020, and cancelled shortly after that. No confirmation of the cancellation till much later. Eventually reached someone to say that a refund was being processed in Sep 2020. Six months later after numerous follow up chasers to be told that refund is still in process - one year one month later and counting. Do not give them your money!
RouteLondon to Havana via Madrid