Air Europa

"my bag never arrived"

Trip Verified | Rome to Madrid. I was at the end of a trip to 4 countries in Europe. I had a carry on bag which I had used for the trip. When I got out to the tarmac someone from the airline told me to leave it and that it could be picked up at baggage claim. Needless to say my bag never arrived and was never found/returned.
RouteRome to Madrid

"Really horrid behavior"

Not Verified | Madrid to Paris. I have never seen such terrible service at a boarding gate. I was traveling with a handicapped person, and they were treated like an afterthought. Every other airline I've ever traveled with, boards people with trouble walking first so they can have an easier time navigating to their seats. Not Air Europa! They bring them in at the very end, without a thought of how hard it would be to walk through the full flight. Really horrid behavior. There was one guy who was giving every passenger boarding a hard time. Putting tags on stupid things like purses. If you hate your job so much, why are you there?
RouteMadrid to Paris

"Shameless behaviour"

Trip Verified | Madrid to London with Air Europa. Frankly I have been treated better as a Ryanair passenger. It's clear that the airline condiders some passengers as "inferior". Shameless behaviour at the boarding gate.
RouteMadrid to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a really bad airline overall"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Madrid. Very bad website! Even though I bought a ticket with them I couldn’t add services or choose my seat. On check-in couldn’t select my seat so they put me on a so-so seat. Then when boarding they changed to an even worse seat! Even though I am Platinum at their Skyteam alliance. This is a really bad airline overall and can’t advise anyone to fly with them. This is not the first time! They also have very poor and strange lounge access which doesn’t make sense. Also seat space poor.
RouteAmsterdam to Madrid

"Avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Bogota via Madrid. Terrible airline. Do not fly with Air Europa, even if you have to pay a few more dollars for another airline, you’ll be thankful. We were given an e-ticket with no indication that we would need to pay for checked baggage. Upon arrival at airport, we were forced to pay 240EUR for two checked bags. It’s our honeymoon. They didn’t care. Said it wasn’t their problem and that’s the charge for baggage and that they don’t include that in the ticket cost. Avoid this airline no matter what you do.
RouteLisbon to Bogota via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"told us we had canceled our flight"

Not Verified | Miami to Rome via Madrid. My wife and I arrived at the ticket counter in Miami 2.5 hours before our 9:30pm flight to Rome through Madrid and the Air Europa agent told us that we had canceled our flight and the money had been refunded. We explained that they had made a mistake, we had not canceled and they had not issued a refund. I showed them an email dated 2 days earlier confirming our seat selections in business class. Their answer, our customer service is closed now and we have sold the seats to other passengers. They suggested we call their customer service the next day. To add insult to injury they gave us the wrong number for customer service. We did not have the option to delay our travel by one day so we had to take a last minute booking on British Airways. Once in Europe I spoke with Air Europa customer service and they told me it was their mistake, our tickets never should have been canceled and furthermore they noted that no refund had been issued. They eventually issued a refund and told me to write a complaint letter to their customer service which I did. I asked them for either a credit equal to my $10,000 out of pocket cost. After one month they responded that they were sorry about my inconvenience but there was nothing more they would do to compensate me for my costs.
RouteMiami to Rome via Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2019

"made me check my free bag"

Not Verified | Palma Mallorca to Barcelona. The flight was full and the crew made me check my free bag. When I went to pick it up at the baggage claim it was wrecked. I fly with carry on only so I don’t lose or wreck my bags. Thanks a lot Air Europa. That was brand new bag.
RoutePalma Mallorca to Barcelona
Date FlownNovember 2019

"The worst company I fly"

Trip Verified | Punta Cana to Gatwick via Madrid. The worst company I fly. The aircraft are old and uncomfortable. For a long journey such as Madrid to Punta Cana limited leg space, no entertainment on board. Food terrible. Staff has poor customer service skill. Both times we have been delayed to departure. I don't want to sound so negative., however there's nothing nice I can say about the Air Europa. I will never fly with them again .
RoutePunta Cana to Gatwick via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"worst flight management ever"

Trip Verified | The worst flight management ever. The plane was really old. We went on the plane, no AC working, 45 degrees, after 90 minutes we had to go back to the terminal, only a strange announcement in Spanish. Theyt held us 3 hours without explanation. Went back on board, with a bang the electricity went off. Dark. Right now I am on the plane, sweating and already 4 hours delay. No announcements on English, but in Spanish the captain said everything is OK and the plane is in a 100 percent good condition. I never had such a bad management of the situation. The captain did not even inform the stewards.
RouteAsuncion to Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not fly Air Europa to Uruguay again"

(Uruguay)

Trip Verified | Düsseldorf to Montevideo via Madrid. Despite showing windsurf equipment consisting of max 1 board, boom, sail and mast as a sport luggage for 75,- Euro extra costs on their website, the airline refused to take 1 windsurf board which I wanted to take. Somewhere in the small prints they mention that the board has to be 250cm in total (length + width + height), just no windsurfboard will match that measurement request. I pointed that out, customer service didn’t care - that is the policy and they don’t care if it is senseless and if all other airlines transport windsurf gear. So I had to leave my board behind. In Madrid 1 h boarding delay with zero announcements on a very late departing flight (24.00). The oldest and most worn out business class I have ever seen. No individual screens, instead handing out IPads 1h after departure with 12 movies, no newer releases. Only 6 passengers in business, 18 seats in total. Crew was hanging curtains on 8 seats which served as “cabins for the crew” on an 12h flight. Later other crew members just hanging out in uncovered seats. Seats are not flat, 15 degrees angle and impossible to sleep on. Food is below average of an economy service on a regular airline. The flight was cheap (2.800 Euro return), which is 800 less than LATAM, 1.500 less than Iberia/ British / AF for the period that I booked. It was a fast transit and overall traveling time was good. Still I will not fly Air Europa to Uruguay again on my annual 2 flights between Uruguay and Europe.
RouteDüsseldorf to Montevideo via Madrid