Aeromexico

"worst I had experienced"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Vancouver via Mexico City. Aeromexico boarding service was the worst I had experienced. A representative at the gate refused to board our entire family of 5 people (including 6 yrs old daughter) because we passed on to him all 5 passports and boarding passes in one pile (like we usually do everywhere else in the World). Instead he wanted us to enclose each boarding pass into the corresponding passport. It took us about 20 seconds to do so. However the representative tried to send us back to the end of the line. Moreover while discussing he detached an immigration/visitors form from my son's boarding pass (we all have seen him doing so) and few minutes later he claimed we didn't submit the form and he has a right to cancel our flight. To my request to call for his manager and solve the problem hi simply replied 'I'm going to call for a police. It's not your country, you'd better follow my instructions' We found that statement offensive and inappropriate for international airline representative. For our future trips we are not going to consider Aeromexico service any more.
RouteCancun to Vancouver via Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Merida via Mexico City. Worst experience ever. Worst airline ever. Worst customer service ever. I had to rearrange my return flight with a different low-cost airline and the experience was way better. I have never felt so disregarded by an airline before in my life, they didn't show the slightest intention to help me at any time. I guess they just don't care about average people, just hi-end business travellers. I'll never use Aeromexico again, not even if they give me the tickets for free.
RouteVancouver to Merida via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"refused to take responsibility"

Trip Verified | Havana to Los Angeles via Mexico City. We flew with Aeromexico late November. If it were not for their lack of baggage handling abilities, we would have been repeat customers. Although the flight itself was pleasant and comfortable, upon my arrival in Los Angeles, I discovered that I had some items stolen from my luggage. My partner's bag was also destroyed, the zipper ripped from the bag and his bag arrived to us in a plastic bag on a plastic tray. When I contacted Aeromexico to resolve the issue, their customer service team informed me that they did not recommend valuables be stored in check in bags. I asked if they would seek to implement measures to ensure their duty of care on the contents of check in bags were met (as of course, you cannot put everything into your carry on if you are travelling for an extended period of time). Their team merely responded with 'I do understand your displeasure regarding this situation. In this case, I can only provide you with the corresponding information regarding our baggage allowance rules and policies'. So unfortunately I now have to take the step of informing other travellers of this situation as Aeromexico has refused to take the appropriate responsibility.
RouteHavana to Los Angeles via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Will try to avoid Aeromexico"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Veracruz to Mexico-City. Aeromexico is in my opinion one of the worst airlines. I was cancelled for my inbound flight after no using my outbound flight without further advice. Staff had absolutely no flexibility to solve the problem and I had to buy an entirely new ticket. Will try to avoid Aeromexico flights in the future.
AircraftEmbraer 170
RouteVeracruz to Mexico-City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never use this airline again"

Not Verified | Mexico City to Salt Lake City. This is easily the worst airline experience I've ever had. I had a problem with my departure date and needed to switch it for another day, and not only did they not help me switch it but said it would be impossible to change my flight and refused to give me any kind of refund. I will never use this airline again.
RouteMexico City to Salt Lake City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"low cost airline at best"

Trip Verified | Aeromexico is, quite simply, as a flagship carrier, a downright embarrassment. Customer service is nil. The product is more like a low cost airline at best. To be avoided if you can.
RouteMontreal to Queretaro via Mexico
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I missed my departure flight"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Austin via Mexico City. Awful customer service and corrupt policies. I was told my round trip flight would not be cancelled even though I missed my departure flight. So I got a one way ticket to my destination and expected to use the return flight. No, they cancelled my trip. I will not recommend this to anyone nor use it in the future.
RouteCancun to Austin via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"my next flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | I found the experience with Aeromexico concerning enough to leave this review and to avoid the use of the airline in the future at all costs, including taking additional layovers to avoid this carrier should they be the most efficient route. The issue in question involves a flight from Puerto Vallarta to Mexico City and a roundtrip from there to Quito, Ecuador before a final flight to Seattle. After landing in Mexico City for the layover, my next flight was cancelled due to unrest in Quito. Aeromexico issued a travel alert saying that they would not be charging for fare differences or change fees to handle the matter. They also advised me at the airport that they would not be flying into Quito for 5 days. As I was in now stranded in Mexico City, I asked to be put on the next plane to Seattle. This was all transacted in Spanish, which I am not completely proficient in. I expressed concern about making sure I was securing the value of my flight, and they prompted me to call the 1-800 number for the Houston office when I returned to settle that matter. As their travel alert read, I still have the roundtrip value of the ticket from Mexico City to Quito available to book. I called the Houston office on my return to Seattle to be told that I had already agreed to an itinerary change and there was nothing that they could do. They referred me to the complaint department (email only) to handle the matter. After asking for the value of my round trip MXC-Quito segment of my flight to be rebooked, it took almost a full week and a second email to receive a ticket number from them and another five days (and another follow up email) to receive their curt response detailing my implicit forfeiture of my trip value when I agreed to fly back to Seattle from Mexico City part way through this interrupted trip. They also said that I was not on the same flight or cabin and that the value of my trip to Quito was used to cover the difference. I do not see how this could be the case as I paid to upgrade my seats on all four flights in this trip and was still in coach on the return segment to Seattle. I received no print out showing how the value was distributed. So I'm told both that I agreed to sacrifice the value of my ticket, but that loss was implicit. Nothing about the scenario was explicit except their travel alert online which I was in the bounds of, and thus their decision on this matter seems only to be made in a cost-benefit to themselves. I find this sort of service disingenuous. The worst part of their email was the final statement: "thank you for making Aeromexico the carrier of your choice." I WILL NOT CHOOSE AEROMEXICO IN THE FUTURE - likely choosing Avianca or any number of similar operators along similar routes. Although when first using this airline I enjoyed the service and availability of routes, the double-talk between their official travel alerts, and their email-only handling of complaints in a non-customer-centric fashion leaves a lot to be desired by this airline. So for American and English speaking travelers I will also say that email communications leading up to flights and the majority of airline staff are predominantly Spanish speaking, and that if you find yourself stranded away from home, you may find yourself accidentally forfeiting value you purchased with the airline, or at least being told so later.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Quito via Mexico City
Date FlownOctober 2019

"sat on the tarmac for 30 minutes"

Trip Verified | We pushed back 30 after departure time and were never informed of why we were sitting for 30 minutes. During the flight, I asked one of the stewardesses and she didn't know anything. When we arrived at Mexico City we sat on the tarmac for 30 minutes and again, no announcement as to why we didn't pull up to the gate.
RouteSFO to MEX
Date FlownOctober 2019

"left the gate 1 hour late"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to San Francisco. The plane left the gate one hour after scheduled departure. Not once was any announcement made about the delay. There are too many commercials on the entertainment system. There was no way to fast forward or delete them. Pure greed on the part of the airline. I checked with the Aeromexico office in downtown Mexico City to see if my AMEX Gold Delta card gave me priority boarding and one checked bag free and was told yes to all. At the airport, they said no. My ticket was purchased on the Delta website and the flight was a Delta codeshare.
RouteMexico City to San Francisco