Aeromexico

"not offering the flight we paid for"

Not Verified | So, we booked flights with them leaving April 16 2020 leaving Cleveland OH to Cozumel MX for 7 people. Dur to Covid 19 shut down we were in lock down and flights were cancelled. We called and was told our tickets would be extended for a year. I would have to book by April 30, 2021 and fly by Nov 30, 2021. I have been trying to get these tickets rebook for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I was transfer or put on hold five times and each time the calls were dropped and long wait times. What I did find out is they have no flight from Cleveland nor are they flying into Cozumel. They are only flying from Pittsburgh or Buffalo to Cancun MX. What this means is we now have to drive to Pittsburgh or Buffalo then when we arrive in Cancun, we have to hire a van to transport us 1 hour to Playa del Carmen then again pay for a 1-hour ferry ride to Cozumel. Then repeat the process to get back. To top it off while we paid $431.33 for the original ticket. Now that they are not offering the flight we paid for and we have to jump though hoops to get to our destination Areomexico in partnership with Delta Airlines are changing us an additional $953.40. I had to book flights for two more people. That done I get the email with the ticket in Spanish that I cant read and they never sent the ticket for the 7 that we had to change. I was on the line this time for 3 hours and 38 minutes!
AircraftUnknown
RouteCleveland/Pittsburgh to Cozumel/Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2020

"problem was with the luggage handling"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The flight in general was great, the problem was with the luggage handling, one of our suitcases was severely damaged when we arrived in Puerto Vallarta, we contacted customer support to get help and a solution to replace or fix our suitcase, I contacted them almost daily to try and resolve the issue as I had no suitcase for my flight back due to their mishandling of the luggage, and the only response I got was "someone will contact you in the coming days". This never happened, no one ever contacted me and no one even tried to fix my problem. In the end, I had to get my bag wrapped with plastic and call it a day! Their lack of support or customer service is very disappointing, I used to recommend Aeromexico as a good airline, now I would say, be careful and pray that you don't run into any issues, otherwise you will never get a solution to your problem, such a shame that they do not help themselves by helping their customers, this is something caused by them with no accountability whatsoever.
RouteValencia to Puerto Vallarta to Madrid via Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2021

"the staff is rude"

Trip Verified | I had confirmed a return date but the airline changed it saying I wanted that date. I spent half my vacation trying to change it back but the airline kept hanging up on me and then blocked my calls. I had to buy a second ticket to go home including one for my son who is 1 yr old but they charged his ticket as an adult. No one at the offices or even the airport could help me with the mistake. They all said I had to call their call center which screened my calls. I finally got an answer by email saying they would call back and im still waiting on that call. Plus the staff is rude. They don't even say excuse me when they pass by. They only offered what looked like a flat day old sandwich and that was on the return flight. On the first flight they only offered peanuts and they couldn't even offer milk for my son.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2021

"A lot of room for improvement"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | I have taken the same roundtrip route twice in the past 3 months. The airplanes are in good shape. Some torn parts in magazine holders but otherwise clean and in perfect condition. Seats lay flat even on the Boeing 787 1 hr 45 minute flight Mexico-Cancun. The long haul flights leave at 10:00 pm or later in both directions. The lounge used by Skyteam in Buenos Aires has been closed for months. No lounge in Cancun. At the Premier lounge in Mexico meals are charged and by no means at a nominal fee. Although the menu offers two vegetarian choices at $10, one was not available. Free are only salty or sweet snacks. Only water or juice served on board prior to departure in business class in the long haul flights. It takes over 45 minutes after take off for the flight attendants to offer anything to drink or serve dinner. The snacks served in the Cancun-Mexico are either salty or sweet. Flight attendants correct but not friendly. Selection of movies limited to18 and exactly the same ones in December, February and March. A lot of room for improvement.
RouteCancun to Ezeiza via Mexico
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I have not yet got my money back"

Trip Verified | We would fly from Amsterdam to San Jose (Costa Rica) on July 15, 2020. This was booked on January 19, 2020 at with airline Aeromexico. The flight has been canceled due to Covid. It is now March 2021 and I can report that I have not yet got my money back and I do have vouchers (of 75% of the €3300 that I paid) but that I may also book me another €150 per ticket 'service fees' costs. I think Aeromexico are downright scammers, it really is a shame that they are members of Skyteam. A few facts: - I paid €3300 for tickets, which were converted into a credit in Russian Rubles without my knowledge so that they are now only worth €2600. Aeromexico filed for bankruptcy (Chapter 11) in July 2020, so they do not have to refund people who booked before that time. They don't refund money, to any one. You will automatically receive vouchers, but you have to pay a service fee if you subsequently want to book a ticket. I have vouchers for 4 people, which cannot be exchanged for 1 person. You must therefore go on holiday with a group that you would go with 1.5 years ago. Downright scammers!
RouteAmsterdam to San Jose (Costa Rica)
Date FlownJuly 2020

"supervisor refused to let us board"

Trip Verified | We were denied boarding because we were one of the last ones to stand up. There was a long line of people waiting to board and the supervisor refused to let us board. When we were on time and was a big line. Do yourself a favor and don't use this airline.
RouteTijuana to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I was denied boarding"

Trip Verified | Aeromexico has a front desk at CDMX Airport. The desk is not to help customers but to Sell tickets! (Who buys tickets at the airport unless forced to when missing a flight?) I was denied boarding because I had a digitized jpeg of my covid test instead of a digitized PDF (both are digitized images, what difference does it make about the device that recorded the image?). I explained this to Aeromexico flight but they had zero empathy for my situation and refused to help. They said they're sales, not customer service.
RouteMexico City to New York JFK
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"all of the employees were rude or lied straight to our faces"

Not Verified | Never use this airline - avoid at all costs. We flew in from Cancun and during our layover our flight got canceled to the states due to weather. Upon returning to the airport for our new flight, we had all of our documents checked by workers twice at the gate before boarding started. Then five minutes before boarding began an employee came to us and told us we were missing a customs paper. I had to run back to Immigration, file for a new paper, pay 600 pesos and then go through customs again to get back to my flight. When we finally got to the gate, they asked for our boarding passes and then turned us away. The lady at the desk said "you were one minute late" and shut the door. I was begging them to please let us in, when another gentleman walked up, showed his boarding pass and was welcomed on. We were not. We had to buy new tickets for $774 USD to get on the next flight home. No one would help us, all of the employees were rude or lied straight to our faces. I will never fly with this company again.
RouteMexico City to San Antonio
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"brazenly violating American law"

Trip Verified | On November 1, Aeromexico cancelled my flight to Santiago, which I booked through my travel agent, Chase. I requested a refund three times from Chase. Chase told me that due to the pandemic, Aeromexico inhibited Chase's ability to issue direct refunds to passengers, and Aeromexico's policy is to only offer travel credit even for flights that they cancel. Three and a half months after the cancellation, I still don't have my refund. Aeromexico is brazenly violating American law.
RouteLos Angeles to Santiago via Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2020

"They oversell tickets"

Trip Verified | They oversell tickets then leave people on purpose at the waiting room to board. The last place this can happen to you is in Ciudad De Mexico. They were asking people to stay and will give them $300 well no one wanted to stay so they board the passengers that overpay for the ticket and told the rest that the plane was close already. Force me to exit the airport to go change my fly outside and outside they play games and they force me to purchase another itinerary for $1,500.00 when my original ticket was round trip from Los Angeles to Guatemala for $550.00 I had no choice unless i wanted to stay at the airport in DF.
RouteGuatemala to Mexico City