Aeromexico

"can't make any changes online"

Trip Verified | I haven't travelled yet but I am dreading it already. You simply can't make any changes online and when you call them, their phone system is insane. They speak English but their lines are muffled and unclear, take forever to answer then charge you double the cost of the ticket online because you called a call centre, but they dont give you any option to do it online anyway. So antiquated. Be sure your flights you book are 100% what you need because making changes after the event is near on impossible without being robbed financially!
RouteSan Jose to Tijuana via Mexico City

"rude and unaccommodating"

Trip Verified | My partner and I had our first flight with Aeromexico from Amsterdam to Mexico city and then to Puerto Vallarta on 18-19/Aug. There were delays (30-60min.) and the cabin crew was rude and unaccommodating. We don't speak Spanish and it was obvious that they had a problem with that. Especially one lady who was really nice to all Spanish speaking passengers but when I asked her something I got just one word answer in a really impolite way. Another flight with Aeromexico was supposed to be from Puerto Vallarta to Mexico City and from there to Vancouver on 25/Aug. As the first flight got delay almost 3 hours we weren't able to catch our second flight. Lady at the PV airport was unhelpful, and after we approached her, she told us that we had just 2 options. Stay one more night and take the same route next day, or take the first flight to Mexico city and wait there for the second flight to Vancouver till next day. We've been told that it wasn't Aeromexico's fault therefore they won't provide us hotel or meals. After we got out, to our surprise our original flight to Vancouver just began boarding right at the next gate. We happily get there to realize that we can not get in. Why? Nobody knows again. At first they told us because of "weight and balance" after that because they didn't have available seats and so on. It was two of us and another 15-20 people including families with small children who weren't able to get in. We were trying to understand this situation but after 30 minutes no reasonable explanation came. We accepted vouchers for hotel and meals as at the airport in Mexico city miraculously could provide them. Next day after we got back to the airport we were trying to get confirmation about the flight delay as we supposed to be already in the work in that time but we were stuck in Mexico. Of course customer service at the airport was as bad as the lady at our first flight so we got nothing. Finally 50 minutes after our flight was scheduled we were finally boarding, still not sure if we can get in this time. We got in and after almost an hour we started rolling and captain is speaking to us. Unfortunately we had to have a stop in Tijuana to get fuel. In the end this flight had 3 hours delay (+24 hours). I never heard sorry or any kind of apology till this moment. One more thing, after we got vouchers for meals and hotel we've been told that we can catch Aeromexico shuttle in front of the T2 gate which take us to the hotel. We've been there for almost 30 min. and what we've seen was just shuttle for crew. At the hotel we've learned that we should have vouchers for taxi too but we didn't have them so we paid 2 fairs with taxi by ourselves. I would like to see my money for this last flight back but after I read many bad reviews about Aeromexico I think I'll never see them again but I'm more then sure that I will never ever fly again with Aeromexico.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver via Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2021

"both times we were late"

Not Verified | I had two flights with round trip and both times we were late. The first trip did not matter because Guadalajara was my first destination but return was crucial because I had another flight to take after landing in Salt Lake City. We did not even have an hour to board the next plane and to add insult to injury Delta Air Lines had departure was at 11:30 am and I arrive at the terminal at 11:27. Me and another person are left stranded today until 10:10 pm, unbelievable.
RouteGuadalajara to Salt Lake City
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Aeromexico really put my nerves to the test"

Trip Verified | I have flown on many airlines and have had few problems. I consider myself pretty easy going but Aeromexico really put my nerves to the test. I will just make a list: -My luggage was broken into and my jewellery stolen during my 5 hour layover in Mexico City on my way to Los Cabos. I reached out to the complaints department but not surprisingly no one has responded (weeks later). Upon my return to Toronto, I once again had a short layover for 2 hours in Mexico City. While lining up at the gate to get on the aircraft, the staff closed the door while 15 passengers remained behind standing, me and my family included. it was stressful, messy and confusing and the staff said nothing to us about what was happening, they just pointed a finger for us to go to customer service. That's when we discovered we had been bumped off our flight for the next 24 hours and they couldn't even guarantee us that we wouldn't be bumped again the next day. The customer service rep. explained that we couldn't go on the flight because of weight/balance issues, and that's when my husband and I came to the conclusion that passengers are being kicked off the flight in order to make room for more lucrative cargo. We collected our luggage for the 24 hour delay because after my initial experience, we did not trust our luggage sitting in the Airport with out them being rummaged through and items stolen. When we received our luggage, my bag was heavily damaged and a wheel completed ripped off so I could barely manage rolling it around the airport and to our hotel. The next day we checked in 3 hours before our flight because we wanted to avoid any issues. The line up at the gate was a crowded mess, it felt like I was going to get trampled on. Once seated and on the plane the crew made an announcement that a few passengers would not be coming on the plane again and that their luggage needed to be removed from the plane. So the airline was again doing to others what we experienced the day before. At that point, the passenger sitting behind me told the flight attendant that she just saw the ground crew taking her bag off the plane even though she was still on it, at which point the flight attendant left for a couple minutes and when he came back the plane just started to pull out and he said there was nothing he could do about it at this point. Once we arrived in Toronto Pearson Airport, and made it through customs, my husband and I discovered that our luggage was also taken off the plane in Mexico City. After filling out the necessary paperwork, the Aeromexico luggage attendant informed us that we should have our luggage delivered to us no later than Tuesday September 7th. It has been 4 days now since we landed, with multiple phone calls and emails made on my part, no one from Aeromexico has contacted us about its whereabouts. And after having my personal items stolen out of my luggage on my 5 hour layover in Mexico City, I can only imagine what I will or will not have left in my luggage if Aeromexico ever returns our luggage to us. However, my daughters luggage WAS on the plane, and upon returning home she discovered she still had all her items in her bag but she also had extra items. Shirts and skirts that did not belong to her, which means the baggage staff at Aeromexico is opening peoples luggage to look for valuables and is just stuffing personal items back haphazardly in random suitcases. That tells me that many people are missing items.
RouteMexico City to Toronto

"Never fly Aeromexico!"

Not Verified | Never fly Aeromexico! I cancelled my reservation and they told me they will issue a refund in one year! I tried to use an electronic voucher issued by Aeromexico and on the screen it appeared that it was used and the amount to be charged to my credit card was lower. A higher amount was actually charged and when I called to resolve this they said that they will issue a refund on a valid voucher in 12 months' time. I told that that it's unacceptable and cancelled the entire reservation. The refund for the entire reservation will also be issued in 12 month's time. With Aeromexico charging customers and not providing service, will it exist next year?
RouteDetroit to Mexico CIty
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"never book Aeromexico again"

Not Verified | We are not able to fly out for vacation. Aeromexico will not reschedule, hold or refund. Our tickets where $589.06 and they will do nothing to help. I will never book Aeromexico again.
RouteIndianapolis to Cancun
Date FlownAugust 2021

"never travel using Aeromexico again"

Trip Verified | First- checking in for our flight was a nightmare. We understand that Aeromexico is a partner with Delta, and with Delta, we don't pay for our checked baggage because we hold the Delta Reserve and Gold memberships, etc. Either way, Aeromexico said that they wouldn't honor but 1/6 bags to be checked for free (there were 6 of us traveling). I spend a significant amount of money with Delta and have many perks for a good reason, so I couldn't understand that if Aeromexico decides to be "partners" with a large company, then they should honor the rewards given to the customers. So we had to pay for 5 bags to be checked, and was told to "take it up with Delta." This is poor and awful customer service and we will never travel using Aeromexico again. Our flight had a rough take off and landing.
RouteCancun to Miami via Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I would not recommend Aeromexico"

Trip Verified | Our couple and my friend couple had a transit at Mexico City coming on the way back from Cancun. We are only 45 minutes away to board the plane and the Aeromexico security lady told us to go out and test the covid test again because they don’t accept the covid done and signed by doctor from the hotel where we lives . The test was done professionally and appropriately by the hotel and I can tell by my medical professional background . We told them that we are afraid to miss the flight but she insist for us to go do the test . We have to pay about $41 for the test again . But the test center they recommended didn’t even do appropriately . They only swab on one side of nostril and not even PCR test which is more specific screening. We have to wait to gets the test result for about 20 minutes . We missed the flight when we come back through the airport security. We went and saw the airline receptionist and they told us to go out of the security gate again to see supervisor . Supervisor named ( Darion ) is very unprofessional. His expression says he doesn’t care and he didn’t even say sorry. He said our covid test at the hotel is invalid because it is expired. But the test was done actually within 72 hours period according to all the airline covid requirement. He literally lie to our face. My other’s friend and her five family members takes Alaska airline on the same day and they accept the same covid test done by the hotel. But they refund the air ticket and we have to stay at the airport all night long to wait for another flight. They didn’t even give us the hotel fees. We have go through security twice which is a horrible experience. This will be the first and last time to travel with Aeromexico. I would not recommend Aeromexico to any of my friend and family members .
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Worst air travel experience ever"

Trip Verified | Worst air travel experience ever. Stranded at LAX for 12 hours because of flight delay and schedule change. Then a 3 hour layover in Mexico city became 13 hour layover. Luggage wasn't checked all the way to final destination. Then had to pick up luggage and denied check in because our flight was 13 hours away. Food was horrible as well. Chicken was rubbery. Steak was dry. Ice cream was melted. Avocado was unripened. Only good thing was the orange juice. Also got a dirty blanket even though it was sealed in plastic. 1st and last time flying Aeromexico.
RouteLos Angeles to Mexico City via Madrid

"They lost my luggage"

Not Verified | Airline is not organized at all. They lost my luggage and made a report and they keep blaming each other. Ruined my trip to Mexico because had no clothes to wear having to spend money for items that were in my luggage. I'm home still calling for my luggage and they keep telling me to call back. Hope this review helps someone who's planning to travel with this airline. Be careful with your luggage.
RouteMexico City to Houston