Aer Lingus

"rather uncomfortable and disappointing flight"

Trip Verified | Short hop across the Atlantic. But rather uncomfortable and disappointing flight. Cabin crew were not groomed particularly well and this set the tone of their service. They gave an impression of not wanting to be there or perhaps even tired. Food service was fine and speedy drinks bar service with reasonable prices. I don’t use IFE. But a cramped single aisle plane with only two toilets is not suitable to be honest. People sleeping with legs in the aisle made going to the bathroom at the back an epic journey. I think IE could do a little bit better particularly with its crew, grooming, and set the tone a bit better. Not a cheap one way ticket either.
RouteBoston to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not fly with this airline ever again"

Not Verified | This company has offered daily tickets to different destinations all over Europe at affordable prices during, and after, the COVID 19 pandemic restrictions. Their strategy was to cancel those flights right before the 14 days period that the EU 261/2001 law stipulates. They would, after, offer you 3 options: full refund, Flight reallocation or voucher from company. I chose to get a full refund and, well, turns out that Aer Lingus Customer Services are one of the worst I have dealt with. I created an application form for the total refund of my flight tickets, which was never replied to. I have tried to call them several times with no answer. I have written several emails with no reply. And after all, they kept sending me emails re allocating my flight (the one that suppose to be cancelled for at least 14 days). Nowadays I am still trying to get to them, but no response. This seems to be the way they have been operating lately. I will not fly with this airline ever again.
RouteDublin to Bilbao
Date FlownJuly 2021

"they were selling tickets on a flight that they had already cancelled"

Not Verified | Last March I booked above flights to Dublin and then received an email to inform me that the flight was cancelled due to Covid. Further informed that no refund was available but a voucher would be issued in next 6-9 months. I then booked a second flight the following week to same destination and again, received an email shortly thereafter informing that this flight was also cancelled due to Covid. And again the same process of no refund, voucher months later applied. It smelt like a scam to me so I retried to book my original flight - dates, times etc.. and would you believe, the original flight that Aer Lingus had cancelled on me was still available to be booked on their website. So they were selling tickets on a flight that they had already cancelled. Only recently I did receive a refund of approximately half what I paid for the flights. They said it was fees that made up the difference. What a disgrace of an airline. Never again Aer Lingus.
RouteBilbao, Spain to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2021

"not credited to the original voucher"

Not Verified | While I have no problem with the fights themselves, I have a big problem with the way they have been dealing with the vouchers which they issued in lieu of cancelled flights. Our flights to and from Munich in March 2020 were cancelled because of Covid and I was given a voucher number immediately but I didn't get a pin code for the voucher until December 14th 2020 and in the meantime I had to pay for Aer Lingus flights in July 2020 because I didn't have access to the voucher. This year we again had flights to and from Munich and I did finally get to use the voucher, the outgoing flight was cancelled but the cost of this flight was not credited to the original voucher, so it seems that we've lost this money. Just yesterday I tried to add a 20Kg, bag for our return flight using the voucher and while it took the cost of this from the voucher it didn't book the bag, and I've spent 40 minutes waiting to talk to customer services, without success. The system is a complete and utter shambles.
RouteDublin to Munich
Date FlownJuly 2021

"staff on both flights were incredible"

Not Verified | My son and I flew from Chicago to Dublin, Ireland on June 23rd returned Dublin Chicago July 23rd. We flew to see a sick parent and their flights were reasonable. I wish Aer Lingus flew from Atlanta (we had to fly from Atlanta to Chicago) to Dublin - they are incredible! The flight going to Dublin was so comfortable and the food was lovely but the staff on both flights were also incredible. The staff couldn’t do enough to make the trip great! The captains and assistants flew us safely and checked in during the flight. Also want to mention Dublin Airport for friendly staff and especially Martina from Duty Free - she was incredibly helpful. Security was thorough and friendly also. Keep up the great work Aer Lingus!
RouteChicago to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Six weeks later and no refund"

Trip Verified | They offered a steal of a deal during the pandemic. I knew I was gambling on most of the ticket fee, since it wasn't refundable, and I ended up having to cancel because hotels weren't open in Dublin at the time. They still owed me the $80 refund of the government fee. Aer Lingus claimed they had 'unprecedented volumes' and were overwhelmed. If they had half a brain they'd know that by offering all these flash sales during a pandemic they'd need to be able to handle cancellations and rebookings. I emailed them 3 times, no response. Six weeks later and no refund. Needless to say, I'll never give them any more of my money.
RouteChicago to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2021

"Impossible to contact Aer Lingus"

Not Verified | The flight was cancelled by Aer Lingus. Based on the Aer Lingus policy I am entitled to get a refund. Waiting for weeks now. No reaction at all. Apart from e-mails from "no reply" mail box. Impossible to contact Aer Lingus by phone (over 45 minutes waiting time).
RouteAmsterdam to San Francisco via Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I have yet to see my voucher"

Trip Verified | They cancelled a flight, I requested a voucher in Oct. 2020, and it is May 2021 and I am still waiting. I contacted them per email, and on Twitter, and I have yet to see my voucher. They have promised to issue it several times, but they just want to keep customers' money. So I am back to travelling with Ryanair, because although their service could improve a lot, at least they are honest and upfront about every single expense.
RouteDublin to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not care about their customers"

Not Verified | I was flying from Edinburgh to Dublin to Boston in 2020. The weather was bad, so after two scary attempts to land us in Boston, they landed us in a small airport in Hartford, CT instead. This is fine-being safe. Once there, they sent a representative to talk to us. They were going to bus us to Boston, MA, which would mean my connecting flight to Raleigh would be missed (I had booked this separately). I spoke to their representative numerous times. (Oh and they had lost one piece of my luggage too, which they were able to find a few days later). The plan from Aer Lingus was to bus us to Boston and we would arrive between 1 and 2 in the morning. We were told that the airport would then be closed, but we might be able to get a cab to a nearby hotel, but they were not sure if any were running. Their plan was to dump us outside of Boston Airport at 1 or 2 in the morning. Remember, this is after 2 extremely turbulent attempted landings and a diversion to a different airport. I asked if they could put us up in the Hartford Airport hotel instead. I was told yes and that I would be reimbursed, but the fastest way was to pay it myself and ask for reimbursement later. I also asked about having to rebook my connecting flight that was missed, and was told yes, it would be reimbursed. I was lucky enough to have enough to pay for an unexpected hotel and extra flight, but not everyone may have been so lucky. I filed a request for a reimbursement through Aer Lingus website as told to do. It took over a month for a response and was told that they could not help me because I showed them bank statements and no the original receipts. I got the original receipts and sent them in. I was denied at that point because "there responsibility was to get me to Boston, not to pay for connecting flights or hotels." So-even though I was told directly by their representative that I would be reimbursed, and that their plan was to drop us off at a wintry cold airport at 1 or 2 in the morning with no accommodations, they feel they held up their end of the deal. Ridiculous experience. They do not care about their customers. Pilot and flight attendants were great people though. Sorry the company is under par.
RouteEdinburgh to Boston via Dublin
Date FlownNovember 2020

"refuses to refund me"

Trip Verified | I had booked a flight with aer Lingus but then the travel ban came into place around Christmas time and I couldn’t travel. Aer Lingus refuses to refund me and when I’ve queried this, I get emails about how I agreed to the terms and conditions. Absolutely no help or hope of getting my money back even though there was a government travel ban. Ryanair gave me a full refund for my flight going the opposite end way but Aer Lingus have left me high and dry and made it very clear that they don’t care about me or my custom. I don’t intend to fly with aer Lingus again
RouteDubin to London