Aer Lingus

"Seats are comfortable"

Not Verified | Aer Lingus is the airline I have flown on the most in my life and the majority of my flights have been top notch. Seats are comfortable, aircraft are clean, food is good, flights have been on time and staff have been friendly. I was flying from Faro to Dublin on an A330-202 on the 10th July 2024. The aircraft is 22 years old so I knew the cabin was going to be a bit aged. However the IFE was quite outdated and my seat felt thin. The IFE had no modern headphone jack, still had physical buttons on it and used the old Aer Lingus shamrock on the screen. One re-occurring issue I have with Aer Lingus is with the IFE system's map. It is primitive and is completely un-interactive. Apart from this the IFE is great. It is fast and has a good choice of movies, TV shows, audio, info and games.
AircraftA330-202
RouteFaro to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2024

"being difficult about reimbursement"

Trip Verified | We flew from Cleveland, OH to Chicago, IL then Chicago to Dublin and finally to Glasgow. We had the most amazing flight attendant on our way from Chicago to Dublin (Casey-Jade)! When we got to Dublin we found out our flight to Glasgow was delayed twice for 3+ hours. We had issues at the airport from Aer Lingus on what gate to be at, making us go back and further from two gates that were rather far apart. When we were boarding the plane on the tarmac I saw our luggage out on the tarmac to be loaded onto the plane. After boarding the flight, my mom could see from her window that our luggage wasn’t being loaded onto the plane and then the baggage carrier loaded our bags back onto his car to drive away. My mom brought this to the flight attendants attention. Others on the plane then notices the same thing happening to their bags. We asked the flight attendant to do something about this but neither did and the male flight attendant was rude when speaking to us. After continued questioning, the male flight attendant did open the door and asked the man on the ground if all bags for were loaded on the plane, he said yes. Obviously, the baggage carrier on the ground wouldn’t think he missed bags to load. This was all either flight attendant did to help prevent our bags from not making it to our final destination. While the male flight attendant was visibly mad and spoke to us in a very aggressive manner the whole time. We then arrived in Glasgow, without our luggage. We were 2 of 8 passengers who’s luggage weren't loaded onto that flight. We filed the claim at the desk. I explained to the representation that my mom and I were on a guided tour trip and we would be moving from one hotel to the next each day – we would not be at the same hotel for the first 3 or 4 days of our trip. I called to speak to a representative later that day to see if our bags made it on one of the multiple other flights out of Dublin to Glasgow that day. The person I spoke with could not answer this. I asked for a supervisor and was told they needed to call me back. Conversations like this went over for an additional 2 days. I had explained to every single person I spoke with the severity of our situation and urgency in which we needed to get our luggage. I got the run around from every customer service representative and supervisor from the lost baggage team. I could never get a clear answer on what was happening, where my bags were or when they would arrive. No one seemed to care, at all. It was an awful experience and feeling. I finally saw by checking the online form that our bags were picked up. They were picked up by Aviation Operations. They weren't delivered that day. I called Aer Lingus’s customer service again and couldn't get an answer as to why they were not delivered or when they would be. So I reached out to Aviation Operations myself. They initially informed me that they would be delivered the next day which would then put us at a different location, again. After more communication, they told me that having my request upgraded to ‘express’ could get them there the same day. I was appalled to hear that after everything I had communicated to the customer service front line and supervisors that NO ONE had marked this as express already. We did finally get our bags due to my persistent effort but now Aer Lingus is being difficult about reimbursement for all of these issues.
RouteChicago to Glasgow via Dublin
Date FlownJune 2024

"passport was about to expire in October"

Not Verified | Very disappointed with Aer Lingus. My flight was on the 22nd June to Turkey. Supposed to be flying with my partner and 4 kids but unfortunately myself and 3 kids had to stay behind and only 2 people make the trip. I have made a check in over 2 weeks ago and there was no problem whatsoever with the passports I have made the check in both ways for all the group. We were at the airport and we done everything as we supposed to do. Went through all the gates and security's till we got to the final check right before thy were letting people on the plain. My sons passport was about to expire in October so he wasn't allowed to go and so myself and all 3 kids had to stay behind. That was nightmare. Trying to explain little children that holiday is now not happening. We had to get back to the airport and collect our suitcase. Which wasn't easy either as you can imagine.
RouteDublin to Turkey
Date FlownJune 2024

“quite rude and unhelpful”

Not Verified | I recently flew from Malaga to Dublin with Aer Lingus on May 16th. Unfortunately after landing I discovered my suitcase had been badly damaged. There were pieces broken off it and scratches all over it. I tried to search the website to see how to lodge a baggage complaint but it’s very difficult to find what to do. So I tried to contact their customer service on May 18th but I could only get a chat bot. I explained everything and this chat bot said someone would contact me as soon as possible. I waited for a phone call or email but nothing came. So on May 27th I called the customer service team and got speaking to a man who told me you have to search for after flight services and then he told me what to do to lodge a baggage complaint. So I did this and I received back a reply stating that I didn’t lodge the complaint in the correct manner within seven days so my claim was void. I explained how I was waiting as I was told someone would contact me however this fell on deaf ears. On May 31st I called customer service again as nobody was replying in my claim. They were quite rude and unhelpful so I asked for a supervisor to contact me which I was told would happen in a few days. I called back on June 5th as nobody rang me. I was told a supervisor would contact me within 24-48 hours. I again called back today (June 10th) as nobody called me. The guy I spoke with today told me the other agents forgot to put a request in for a supervisor to call me but he has done now and one will call me within 24 hours. I feel like this is awful customer service and that Aer Lingus policy seems to be to ignore the customer who has a complaint and hopefully they will just stop calling. The worst service I have ever received.
RouteMalaga to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2024

"broke the wheels off our luggage"

Not Verified | My wife and i flew Aer Lingus on the 12 of May 2024 out of Seattle to Dublin. Worst flight we have ever had. Flight crews were verging on being down right rude and acted like they didn't even want to be there. Not a smile or happy employee on the entire plane. Couldn't understand any announcements from the flight deck the speaker system was so bad. The food was just barely edible and breakfast was just awful. Cold sandwich of some kind. I asked for some extra sugar for coffee and you would have thought it was asking for gold. I hoped the return flight would be better. It was not. We received the same treatment on our return flight on the 24th May out of Dublin to San Francisco. We also booked a flight through Aer Lingus to Scotland from Dublin and back to Dublin one week later, on their connector airline called Emerald Air. On the return to Dublin emerald air broke the wheels off our luggage and split the cases beyond repair, not just one but 2 of them. Filed a claim with Aer Lingus and still have heard nothing from them about the damage. Never fly with Aer Lingus or their partner Emerald air, Its just not worth the money at any price.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeattle to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2024

"not part of any alliances"

Trip Verified | Comment on Lounges is based on one lounge in Dublin airport and even that when compared to one world or Star alliance lounges offers the very minimal in refreshment. Call centre for any support is based in Bulgaria and they offer no support just refer to web forms which are ignored. Aer Lingus is not part of any alliances such as one world or star alliance so offer none of the benefits of other airlines owned by IAG, it's a simple point to point airline. Their loyalty club Aer Club offers no benefits such a express security lanes etc when in other non Dublin airports or across Europe and only budget lounge access. Water is not free on flights, Wifi is capped and only available on transatlantic flights.
RouteShannon to London
Date FlownApril 2024

"10 kg of luggage can be checked in"

Trip Verified | Aer Lingus is probably not a low cost airline, but that is probably the case when it comes to on-board service. Check-in was quick and easy. The flight was on time and the luggage was delivered very quickly. What's good is that 10 kg of luggage can be checked in with no extra charge.
RouteFrankfurt to Dublin

"my flight is cancelled"

Not Verified | I booked the ticket 10 days ago I called the airline yesterday as i was unable to do the check in online. They said i can do it online I came to airport 3 hours before my flight and i was surprised by the fact that my flight is cancelled by the storm. They didn't bother to send email tell us that. It was a bad experience for me and my kids. I came with uber and i spend 80pound going and coming back to and from airport. No costumer service to help and guide in the airport. .
RouteManchester to Belfast
Date FlownApril 2024

"way back from Rome was awful"

Not Verified | My way back from Rome was awful. I filed a complaint and called. I heard nothing. When leaving Rome 3.27.24 they held up the flight calling people to the front to "see our passports one more time". Then we got on a bus that took 45 minutes. Very hot crowded bus. We get to the plane and are left on the tarmac - flight attendant said the engine was "broken" and we need to wait. No explanation. No air and then he wouldn't let anyone use the bathroom because we might take off. Then I asked female flight attendant if we could get off early because we might miss our connector. She said your sitting close enough someone will be there to help when we get off the flight. No one was there. The people of the desk were so mean. First they said we missed it then I said we still have 35 minutes and she said well customs closed it I was wrong. Then said we cant get back until the next day go see hotel desk. No one helped us we finally found someone and desk wasn't even marked. Never did we get an apology or any offer for financial reimbursement.
RouteRome to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2024

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Emailed schedule change but no details. Waited 3 days - nothing. Phoned CS - no idea what was about - will let us know promptly (within a week?). Anxiety sky high. No communication. Phoned again - cheerfully told they had cancelled our inbound flight but that we could get a refund - but only for that flight as outbound still flying!? Just unbelievable. Of course we had accommodation car hire etc booked. Asked re alternatives. Not to worry was told Aer Lingus will ensure we can get an equivalent flight - no problem. Only there was as no flight possible on that date. Was offered similar on next day. Told that Aer Lingus would reimburse us for any additional costs. Said would phone back next day to give time to discuss. Didn’t. I phoned them again. Was told by different person would be reimbursed for costs. No alternative but to book. Asked for confirmation that they would pay additional costs - claimed they were unable to do so as no outgoing mail allowed. Had to redo accommodation (move for one night ): car hire: insurance etc. A lot of hassle. Return a nightmare. Given wrong seats at Check in Orlando. Had to change at gate - tried to give us economy seats instead of Business then did issue Business but not in our names! Had to go back to sort out! No priority for embarking - had to complain -twice - before they would let us on. Shambles. On return submitted extremely modest claim - even ate in the Hotel buffet where they give 25% discount for seniors - which was immediately rejected. They say they have no obligation towards us as they gave us sufficient notification of cancellation. I have been fighting this since but am getting nowhere. They are not affiliated to any ADR so you are basically on your own. Worst customer service - absolute misnomer - ever. They lie and deny. If you have another option take it. I have had to give an overall rating of 1 but it would be minus for all the anxiety and upset they have caused
RouteOrlando to Edinburgh via Dublin