Aegean Airlines

(Cyprus)

Staff excellent customer service oriented meals are good and the planes are new. The seats are comfortable and lounge in Athens has a smoking area that is not packed.

Aegean Airlines customer review

I flew 4 flights with them over the summer and everyone of them was delayed. I am aware there are air traffic control restrictions so may not be the airlines fault. However I feel they are crafty as we were just getting up to a 3 hour delay when they boarded us only to sit on the plane for ages so they would not have to pay any compensation. On the plus side the fleet is modern and new. On all but one of the flights the cabin crew were helpful smart and smiling. I found the food to be adequate although no choice. You can check in online 48 hours before the flight and also book emergency row seats for no extra charge.

(Greece)

I have often flown Aegean and I always look forward to. Nice service only bad thing - occasionally you book with Aegean and end up having a return flight or a second leg with an inferior company. Make sure you check what connections and return flights are involved.

Aegean Airlines customer review

LHR-ATH-LHR. Super Flight great crew I was even offered a chance to see the captain. Great movie and lovely food good choice of duty free items lounge was comfortable.

Aegean Airlines customer review

LHR-ATH-JMK. Bags were transferred seamlessly at Athens which was my main concern. LHR-ATH flight was smooth cabin lighting could have been dimmed with one meal/trolley service for the flight food was served quickly however and the cabin crew were extremely friendly. ATH-JMK was the quickest flight I've ever done and by the time they handed out the drinks they were grabbing them back for landing. Overall a pleasant flying experience helped by the open selection on booking seats (I got exit rows) and the ability to check in 48 hrs before. My one criticism is when doing cabin announcements they speak English so quickly that you do not always hear/understand what is being said.

Aegean Airlines customer review

LHR-ATH-CFU return. Good planes seats and food. All on time. Let down only by the crew who though very glamorous were a bit clueless. On both long legs I attempted to get a second drink - all met with nods and smiles - to no avail. The Business lounge in Athens was good.

Aegean Airlines customer review

LHR-LCA return in Economy. Cabin crew were attentive and professional. The food was tasteful and drinks distributed 3 times during the flight. Punctual latest aircraft clean.

(Italy)

Professional service. There was a delay of 1 hour from Crete to Athens however we received a voucher for a free domestic flight.

(Egypt)

CAI-ATH-CAI. Flight was on time ground handling efficient. The flight was operated by the small ARJ Aircraft the Crew was inefficient and rude. Meals were below average.

(Greece)

Athens - Heathrow route. Arrived at terminal 1 30mins late due to air traffic. Had another 2.5 hrs to collect baggage and check in at terminal 5 for a domestic flight on BA. A fast walk to the baggage claim took about 20mins and thereafter waited another 30mins for the baggage to arrive. By the time someone accepted us at one of the many empty counters it was already too late. We missed our connection I strongly recommend allowing at least 4 hrs to connect from terminal 1 to 5. The airline itself is very good. Clean and new A321 friendly flight crew and free drinks onboard meal was average.