Aegean Airlines

"delayed over more than 1 hour"

Not Verified | Heraklion to Athens only take 36 mins airtime, the flight is delayed over more than 1 hour. Over 90% people on the aircraft had layover, we missed our connection. The compensation of the delay is 8 euro. Aegean down sized the aircraft but over sold the ticket. This happens on Oct 5 from Santorini to Athens for the 9:10PM flight. The gate announcements was looking for someone willing to give up the seats for over booking. And same time, we noticed the aircraft was down size to Olympic from Aegean aircraft. The only thing i would say they give water onboard.
RouteHeraklion to Santorini via Athen
Date FlownOctober 2023

"lost the connecting flight"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | After a very big delay in Vienna airport we lost the connecting flight to Heraklion. We had no choice but overnight in Athens. We were offered a voucher for a free flight international or domestic flight and when we wanted to redeem it they were charging more taxes than booking a flight without the voucher. It has become one of the worst airlines to fly with.
RouteAthens to Heraklion
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Great airline"

Trip Verified | Great airline. On time, careful landing and take off. Lots of information aboard both in Greek and English. And they fed us - a couple of small pastries, fruit and a breakfast bar along with two drinks - almost unheard of on European planes but much appreciated. Only down side was the tightness of the seating space.
RouteAthens to London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2023

"$50 to check carry on bags"

Trip Verified | On our connecting flight from Mykonos to Athens, they made us pay $50 to check carry on bags. All bags hit carry on size requirements and made it through security just fine. Due to the sudden need to make passengers check all bags, several of us missed our connecting flights. We were over 40 min late for take off.
RouteMykonos to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"out of my last 20 flights only one was on time"

Trip Verified | I am gold on Aegean for the last ten years or so. I avoid flying this airline as much as possible. I can certify that out of my last 20 flights with this airline over the last two years, only one was on time. The airline has cut deep in operations and has contracted the worst ground services around their destinations. It shows every day in their inability to execute a flight schedule that is unrealistic at best. This current flight is leaving an hour late for no reason. The plane came to Athens on time from a previous destination - I checked. At Athens, they were unable to turn it around on time and picked an extra hour. Again, operations and a poor schedule. Boarding at Venice was a zoo. All classes mixed. Held in a very hot bus for a long time before rushing to the plane. The plane - a 16 years old 320 with ragged seats and completely filthy from previous flight. Total disgrace and what happens when ground services are low quality. Once landed, naturally the same bus experience again. Priority luggage comes out last. Avoid Aegean. There's an alternative for almost every destination. They are a third world airline.
RouteVenice to Athens

"Amazing atmosphere on board2

(Poland)

Trip Verified | It was my first experience with Aegean Airlines. I have heard many good reviews about AEGEAN Airlines and I was really touched how good it was. Aegean Airlines is a out-standing old-school, traditional experience. Great variety of drinks, hot food on europeans airlines, which is not something common nowadays. Amazing atmosphere on board. For me 5/5 experience. Well done! Other airlines should learn a lot from them!
RouteWarsaw to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2023

"would never recommend them to anyone"

(Albania)

Not Verified | Worst airline ever! I would never recommend them to anyone, they delayed my luggage for 5 days! Customer service is rude and useless, they do not help you with any information. I am a student, who I had everything needed for my replacement in Spain. Never recommended!
RouteTirana to Seville via Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"Never give them your luggage"

Not Verified | The worst airline ever! They lost our luggage and never attempted to help us find them. Never give them your luggage, clothes or valuables to these people! You are never getting them back when you reach your destination. They are the worst airline ever!
RouteAthens to Chios

"very limited leg space"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | This airline is eight out of ten times with delays always blaming airports, refuelling, weather and what have you. There is very very limited leg space and I am average sized, planes usually unwashed and paint is becoming dull. Every single time the air steward pass through the aisle she bumps on someone and carelessly carries on. On a good note I am using their onboard WiFi to write this review which is working apparently...
RouteAthens to Larnaca

"arrived 1 hour late"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Athens, arrived 1 hour late. Worst airline I’ve ever flown with. Had different flights with Aegean and every one got delayed by at least an hour. The airline treats departure times as if they were suggestions. On my last flight I was lucky enough to make my connection but numerous people were not.
RouteIstanbul to Athens