Aegean Airlines

"really appreciate Aegean customer service"

Trip Verified | It was the best air trip. Aegean Airlines occured a flight from Brussels to Athens without any cancellation in addition to other airlines. (During the period of covid 19). The crew was gentle and ready to make us feel comfortable. The second trip that i did from Athens to Rhodes surprised me a lot, as it occurred with three only passengers. Me and two other passengers, it makes me extremely impression. I really appreciate Aegean customer service and policy and i hope to make another air trip with this airline soon.
RouteBrussels to Rhodes via Athens
Date FlownApril 2020

"offered a credit voucher"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Aegean canceled our flight on 30th March because it stopped all flights to Athens from 26th March onwards. They refused to refund us because our tickets were not refundable. We filed a complaint asking for a refund since it was the Airline that canceled the flight and not us. They offered a credit voucher that can be used within the next 18 months.
RouteFrankfurt to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2020

"80 euros for excess baggage"

Not Verified | Heraklion to Athens. I finally found a flight to get home to the UK during the Corona virus crisis, flying Aegean to Athens and then Swiss Air to the UK via Zurich. It was a difficult time and travelling was quite stressful given the situation. We travelled with hand luggage to avoid baggage claim. When my wife and I came to board in Heraklion the ground staff, weighed our bags and asked for a credit card and charged us 80 euros for excess baggage. We would have expected more compassion. Swiss offered to put the bags in the hold for not cost and could not have been more sympathetic and accommodating during the crisis.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownApril 2020

"Thanks Aegean for a great job"

Not Verified | Last minute trip to Athens with Aegean Airlines. Received text advising flight cancelation, was re-booked on evening flight without any additional charge. Helpful and sympathetic staff. Inflight service as polite and professional as always. Thanks Aegean for a great job in difficult circumstance. Other airlines, take note.
RouteLondon to Athens

"Simply unacceptable"

Not Verified | London to Athens. Aegean is anything but an airline! They simply should not exist! Business Class ticket and from London to Athens, the back of my seat was destroyed. While in Athens, they cancel the flight and then they ask me to pay more to rebook my flight! When I ask the agent to transfer the call to a supervisor, his response was “it is the airline’s policy not to allow the passenger to speak with supervisors”! Simply unacceptable! There is absolutely no reason for companies like this one to exist!
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2020

"feel like someone stole my money"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Athens to Thessaloniki return. They cancelled the flights and never gave back the refund of the amount and they suggested either rebooking (with the fare difference paid by me) or a credit voucher with limitations, valid for 12 months. I said to them I want a full refund of my ticket and I disagree with these 2 options as I am not obliged to fly with them next time. They said that their regulations changed because of COVID-19 and they don't refund. I feel like someone stole my money. I still wait for a refund because they violated the rules of the ticket issued. For sure, the airline's policy shows how they threat passengers both aboard and on the ground in any situation.
RouteAthens to Thessaloniki
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they don't solve this problem"

Trip Verified | I bought and paid flex ticket Zurich to Corfu for late April, they cancelled the flight, no reimbursement, you have to phone to Athens but you never get through! No possibility by email, chat or online. They write that there are long waiting times for telephone connection but they don't solve this problem.
RouteZurich to Corfu
Date FlownMarch 2020

"My bag was just over 9 kilos"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Heraklion to Athens. Ground staff were rude to me. My bag was just over 9 kilos and I had to pay 40 Euros on the spot for a 30 minute internal flight. I paid and I asked if I can now at least take my bag on board.(My bag was within the required dimensions. I was told no, I can't take it onboard because it is more than 8 kilos. Aegean has managed to build a great reputation over the last decades. Is it really worth damaging it for the sake of couple extra Euros which people pay when they are left with no choice? I will be avoiding Aegean wherever possible moving forward.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2020

"a pleasure to fly with it"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Frankfurt. The cabin crew are very welcoming and professional. This company offers a quality service clearly above the European average. It’s always a pleasure to fly with it.
RouteAthens to Frankfurt

"an uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Athens to Zurich. A320 neo, space between the seats in economy class is a no-go. Never encountered such an uncomfortable flight. A320s don’t get much denser than that and that is what my knees felt. They also put in place reclining seats, so this nightmare even gets worse if the person in front reclines.
AircraftA320 neo