Aegean Airlines

"wasn't eligible for compensation"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I flew with Aegean Airlines from Prague to Athens. The ground service wasn't the best . My flight was during the Christmas period and the flight was almost full. There were long queues in front of the desk of the airline company and the assistants seemed unable to handle the big number of passengers. The experience on-board was overall good. Comparing to other airlines the meal and the beverages were better and the flight attendants were kind and with a helpful attitude. The seats weren't the most convenient ones though. I paid for an extra 23 kg luggage for my flight. I was supposed to get it, after my arrival in Athens, but for some reason my suitcase was left in Prague. I reported the incident to the company, which is responsible for the tracking and management of lost baggages and luckily they found and delivered it to me the next evening. In my suitcase there were clothing and stuff that I needed. So, I decided to contact the costumer service and request for a reimbursement. The answer I received was that I wasn't eligible for compensation, because my luggage was delivered within 24 hours.
RouteAthens to Prague

"professional and comfortable"

Not Verified | Could not disagree more with two recent reviews. My trip Athens to London with Aegean was a very professional and comfortable experience. From easy and polite check-in at Athens International to the goodbye at the cabin door upon arrival by excellent cabin crew, the service is seamless. Seating is decent for a 3 and a half hour flight and they offer a full service of drinks and hot meals. Great vegetarian pasta. Aegean is far superior to other European carriers and I would choose Aegean any day. Thoroughly recommended.
RouteAthens to London
Date FlownDecember 2019

"feels like legroom has reduced"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Athens. It might be my impression but it feels like the legroom has been reduced, seats are awful and uncomfortable. The customer service is average along with the cleanliness of the aircraft. As long as the flight is fully booked the land crew requests from clients to board with just the hand luggage and deliver the carry-on luggage to the hold (free of charge as they claim). This review was written with the value-for-money in mind as the primary factor. Hence there is no reason at all booking the tickets with Aegean if you are about to pay more and receive the same legroom and seat-comfort to any other low-cost flying company Since Aegean allows its passengers to fly in Economy/Go-Light with the standard carry-on luggage and handbag allowance (as stated on their ticket), they should adhere to that. The reason passengers do that is because it allows them to quickly grab their bags and catch the next flight without having to wait on the belt to retrieve luggage. I agree with the company's policy to weigh/measure the carry-on luggage prior to boarding in order to filter any passengers carrying excessive carry-ons. However as long as the passenger is compliant they shouldn't force him/her deliver their carry-on to the hold. I am a Silver member over the past 3 years and during this flight I requested for my ticket to be upgraded. However the representative assured me that I wasn't able since the flight was in cooperation with Lufthansa. When I asked to upgrade only the ticket from Frankfurt to Athens (operated by Aegean) they declined providing me the same reason. Yet they didn't forget to email me a "Bid to Upgrade your Seat" email.
RouteFrankfurt to Athens
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"cramped on both flights"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Thessaloniki via Athens. Not the best flight with Aegean. Cabin was old and the crew on both flights not very helpful and charming. As a gold member, I was cramped on both flights in full rows.
RouteBerlin to Athens
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"service is always perfect"

Trip Verified | Athens to Kiev. Among the top European airlines. Price is always reasonable and service is always perfect. I never had any problem and I always choose when available.
RouteAthens to Kiev

"Excellent as always"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Athens. One more time with Aegean! Excellent as always, on time, crew friendly and approachable, hot meal and drinks for free, clean aircraft. Don't know if you need more from an airline if you fly in Europe
RouteLisbon to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2019

"ground staff showed no consideration"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | We missed our connecting flight to Larnaca twice due to delays first of Lufthansa and then of Aegean. We ended up with a route of 4 flights from Hamburg to LCA with total trip duration of 24 hours. The ground staff of Aegean at the gate requested me to leave my carry-on baggage at the gate to be picked up at luggage claim at LCA as the plane was full. I kindly explained that I’m traveling with a companion who had his carryon with him and we had to get a taxi together immediately after arrival. The ground staff showed no consideration and insisted that it is the airlines regulation. She spoke rudely with a loud voice.
RouteHamburg to Larnaca via Munich, Rome, Athens
Date FlownDecember 2019

"My food was an absolute disgrace"

(Greece)

Not Verified | London to Athens. Check in, and lounge all went well. The staff on board not as professional as my last flight. My food in business class was an absolute disgrace, I have never been served this on any airline (beef stew and eggplant mash). Limited drinks and no black tea. I paid for business class but It was a waste of money.
RouteLondon to Athens

"again the bus"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Athens. I can understand that if plane arrives late at night, it can park away from the terminal, but in this case parking away and using the bus seems to be a common feature. On this flight arriving at 09.50 in the morning at a half empty airport at Athens and again the bus. Otherwise as an airline apart from higher costs, Aegean could be given top marks though passenger legroom was limited.
RouteLarnaca to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2019

"nice and welcoming air crew"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Athens to Tel Aviv with Aegean Airlines. Very nice and welcoming air crew helped all passengers to quickly find space and seats. I was supersized they served light dinner – Warm Pasta and biscuits and a variety of drinks. Seat are 3x3 and packed but for 2 hour flight its OK.
RouteAthens to Tel Aviv