Aegean Airlines

"seat selection is not free"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Up until recently Aegean was one of the best carriers in Europe. This is not the case anymore as they are adopting more and more policies of a typical low cost airline. For the lowest fare category (go light), one item is now allowed in the cabin and seat selection is not free. Any extra item cannot be checked for free but customers need to pay a fee at the airport. I just hope this is a temporary measure due to Covid19.
RouteRhodes to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2020

"kept taking their masks off"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Flying from Rhodes to Larnaca with my family during the Covid-19 pandemic with Aegean Airlines was not a nice experience. The passengers behind us kept taking their masks off and talking, and despite our numerous attempt to ask the staff to ask the passengers to keep their masks on they took it off. Even a steward talked to them for 15 minutes while it was off and still they did not care. We ended up having to keep it on for everyones safety and they just said relax.
AircraftA320-200
RouteRhodes to Larnaca
Date FlownJuly 2020

"could only bring one item on board"

Trip Verified | Heraklion to Thessaloniki. They said that because of covid-19 we could only bring one item on board. People had to measure their luggage size and to pay 40 euros extra, while there was plenty of space on board. At the same time there were really no airport covid19 tests taking place. Also my seat was small for 75 mins flight.
RouteHeraklion to Thessaloniki
Date FlownJuly 2020

"totally recommend this airline"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Athens. I'll have to start with the fact that they let you have a checked in bag which weighs up to a certain amount of kilos for free, which as far as I'm concerned is not the case for many airlines. Flight was initially delayed by half an hour or so which for me wasn't a lot as I didn't have any connecting flights to worry about, but I understand that for some people this might not be the case. Boarding was done via jetbridge and was rather fast considering the flight was full. We boarded the plane, but didn't take off for nearly another two hours due to a thunderstorm over the airport. The seats were very comfortable for Economy class, but again I'm only 1.62 so my opinion on this probably isn't relevant. The pilots made an announcement straight away and the flight attendants handed out free drinks to everyone during the time we spent on the ground. The pilots kept informing us of the situation and when we finally took off the flight was extremely turbulent, but they handled the situation pretty well I must say. A free hot meal was provided for all passengers, both Bussiness and Economy class which is very rare these days for an intra-european flight. When we arrived in Athens the pilots made an apology for the delay and announced that every passenger who had missed their connecting flight would be offered either a free rebooking or a voucher but I can't remember exactly, as I didn't need one. Luggage came out quickly and it wasn't damaged in any way. The price was ok but considering their excellent service I can't even think about complaining about the price. The only thing that I didn't quite like was the fact that there was no in flight entertaining as there were no screens which having flown on their A320s as well I know are present there, but not in the A321, but again, I'm not complaining. Fantastic experience and I would totally recommend this airline.
RouteBarcelona to Athens
Date FlownJuly 2019

"aircraft was perfect"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Aegean is my favorite Greek Airline. In July 2019 I travelled from Munich to Athens. Aegean aircraft was perfect also seat was perfect. Landed on time at Athens Airport with smooth landing.
AircraftA321-231
RouteMunich to Athens
Date FlownJuly 2019

"superior to most airlines"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Corfu to Athens in September 2019. Used Aegean several times. Definitely one of the best European airlines. Seat comfort, service, cleanliness, even food is superior to most airlines. Had an issue once when a ferry was cancelled and we couldn’t catch our flight. Aegean immediately exchanged our tickets at no extra cost.
RouteCorfu to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"really appreciate Aegean customer service"

Trip Verified | It was the best air trip. Aegean Airlines occured a flight from Brussels to Athens without any cancellation in addition to other airlines. (During the period of covid 19). The crew was gentle and ready to make us feel comfortable. The second trip that i did from Athens to Rhodes surprised me a lot, as it occurred with three only passengers. Me and two other passengers, it makes me extremely impression. I really appreciate Aegean customer service and policy and i hope to make another air trip with this airline soon.
RouteBrussels to Rhodes via Athens
Date FlownApril 2020

"offered a credit voucher"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Aegean canceled our flight on 30th March because it stopped all flights to Athens from 26th March onwards. They refused to refund us because our tickets were not refundable. We filed a complaint asking for a refund since it was the Airline that canceled the flight and not us. They offered a credit voucher that can be used within the next 18 months.
RouteFrankfurt to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2020

"80 euros for excess baggage"

Not Verified | Heraklion to Athens. I finally found a flight to get home to the UK during the Corona virus crisis, flying Aegean to Athens and then Swiss Air to the UK via Zurich. It was a difficult time and travelling was quite stressful given the situation. We travelled with hand luggage to avoid baggage claim. When my wife and I came to board in Heraklion the ground staff, weighed our bags and asked for a credit card and charged us 80 euros for excess baggage. We would have expected more compassion. Swiss offered to put the bags in the hold for not cost and could not have been more sympathetic and accommodating during the crisis.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownApril 2020

"Thanks Aegean for a great job"

Not Verified | Last minute trip to Athens with Aegean Airlines. Received text advising flight cancelation, was re-booked on evening flight without any additional charge. Helpful and sympathetic staff. Inflight service as polite and professional as always. Thanks Aegean for a great job in difficult circumstance. Other airlines, take note.
RouteLondon to Athens