Aegean Airlines

"I had to pay 50 euros more"

Trip Verified | I showed them my ticket to board on the plane. They thought my suitcase was big, then weighed it, and also found my bagpack too big. They never showed me the number shown on the weight scale, or informed me about why my bagpack was considered too big. Instead, they were rude. After me insisting on knowing how many kilos my suitcase was, they told me it was 9 kilos (instead of 8!), for which I had to pay 50 euros more. I feel that economy class passengers are treated with no respect in the airport, and Aegean attempts to take more money from them, making their life difficult in their airport. I would not recommend flying with Aegean. A sandwich and a cup of coffee on the airplane is not worthy of such bad customer service.
RouteStuttgart to Thessaloniki via Athens
Date FlownAugust 2022

"great flight and highly recommended"

Not Verified | Smooth check- in procedure at a very busy Athens Airport. Polite and efficient staff on hand to assist. Boarded a clean and shiny A321 Neo, greeted by smiling and courteous crew. Full flight, on time departure, usual high standard of onboard service. Good and clear PA announcements from cockpit in perfect English. Toilets were very clean. Landed early, bags arrived on belt without any issue. Thanks Aegean, great flight and highly recommended.
RouteAthens to London Heathrow
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Lost my luggage 3 days ago"

Trip Verified | Lost my luggage 3 days ago, no call from Aegean or airport. Holiday ruined. We had to re-buy all our clothes again as they made us check in even our cabin luggage.
RouteLondon to Istanbul via Athens
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Gold Air cannot be reached"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Lost my bag, no support or help from Aegean, trying to blame Gold Air. Gold Air cannot be reached either by phone or email. Aegean refuses to change return ticket to fly back to Crete early, only with extra charge can this be done. This trip is a complete waste of time. Food / Snack served on the 45 min flight a drink and Pringles.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2022

"inappropriate delay of the flight"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | After an extremely inappropriate delay of the flight, the boarding procedure was unbearably slowly conducted by the airline employees. Extensive waiting for the bus transport from gate to the aircraft and then 20 minutes of waiting in the aircraft for no reason .
RouteAthens to Sofia
Date FlownJuly 2022

"we still have no luggage"

Trip Verified | Worst experience I’ve ever had flying. Lost bags on the flight from Athens to Rome. It’s been about a week now and we still have no luggage. It’s cost us money, time and stress and Aegean don’t reply to emails or answer phones to update us.
RouteMykonos to Rome via Athens

"Professional service on-board"

Not Verified | Athens Airport was extremely busy when I arrived. Proceeded to the Aegean Airlines check-in area which was manned by helpful staff and carried out self check-in. Met by polite staff at bag drop. Queues were starting to form at some counters, the one next to me was being held up by some irritating passengers who were questioning the baggage allowance for hand luggage. The Aegean website clearly states the weight permitted as do the various signs at check-in, yet some people pay no attention to this and continue to be rude and aggressive to check-in staff who are only doing their job, politely and professionally. Boarded on time, full flight. Politely greeted at door by cabin crew. Professional service on-board. Landed early. Clear announcements from cockpit. Great flight. Recommended.
RouteAthens to London
Date FlownJuly 2022

"hand luggage to be checked in"

Trip Verified | Just flew in from Istanbul to Athens on the way to London. The first leg was fine, however this review is about flight A3608 on July 8th 2022 from Athens to London. It seems to have become a habit by airlines to force hand luggage to be checked in which is an annoyance for anyone who is familiar with the wait this results in at Heathrow. The crew are nice and friendly and apart from a minor delay, the flight was on time. I specifically asked for a window seat and was placed in position 28A. It’s only when I got on that I realized this seat is on the emergency door and this aircraft type does not support a window on this position.
RouteAthens to London
Date FlownJuly 2022

"extra hand luggage I had to pay"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | To include an extra hand luggage I had to pay +20% on the fare. Checking in I weighed my luggage, it was 1.2kg above. I was forced to give it to the hold and not allowed to remove a jumper from my luggage to my backpack. A checked in luggage would have been cheaper than the upgrade I paid for. This is my worst travel experience in 2022.
RouteLondon to Athens

"I was allowed 8kg"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | For two extra kilos you made me pay 40e. ‌I was flying Aegean Air from Thessaloniki to Athens today (flight A3 111) with economy/light ticket, which includes only one cabin bag of 8kilos. I did forget about this, and came to the airport with my cabin bag and a laptop backpack. After weighting my cabin bag, Aegean stuff said it was 10 kilos, I was allowed 8kg and only one luggage. I said I can put the backpack in the cabin bag, but they refused as this would make it heavier. They clearly didn't want to help me and actually told to to hurry up and pay the fine or I would miss the flight, as people were boarding. I later thought that I could have easily taken out my heavy jacket and trainers - I was wearing flip flops, and make my cabin bag much lighter, so with my laptop it would be a bit over 8 kilos. Very, very disappointing Aegean Air.
AircraftA320neo