Aegean Airlines

"Thanks Aegean for a great job"

Not Verified | Last minute trip to Athens with Aegean Airlines. Received text advising flight cancelation, was re-booked on evening flight without any additional charge. Helpful and sympathetic staff. Inflight service as polite and professional as always. Thanks Aegean for a great job in difficult circumstance. Other airlines, take note.
RouteLondon to Athens

"Simply unacceptable"

Not Verified | London to Athens. Aegean is anything but an airline! They simply should not exist! Business Class ticket and from London to Athens, the back of my seat was destroyed. While in Athens, they cancel the flight and then they ask me to pay more to rebook my flight! When I ask the agent to transfer the call to a supervisor, his response was “it is the airline’s policy not to allow the passenger to speak with supervisors”! Simply unacceptable! There is absolutely no reason for companies like this one to exist!
RouteLondon to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2020

"feel like someone stole my money"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Athens to Thessaloniki return. They cancelled the flights and never gave back the refund of the amount and they suggested either rebooking (with the fare difference paid by me) or a credit voucher with limitations, valid for 12 months. I said to them I want a full refund of my ticket and I disagree with these 2 options as I am not obliged to fly with them next time. They said that their regulations changed because of COVID-19 and they don't refund. I feel like someone stole my money. I still wait for a refund because they violated the rules of the ticket issued. For sure, the airline's policy shows how they threat passengers both aboard and on the ground in any situation.
RouteAthens to Thessaloniki
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they don't solve this problem"

Trip Verified | I bought and paid flex ticket Zurich to Corfu for late April, they cancelled the flight, no reimbursement, you have to phone to Athens but you never get through! No possibility by email, chat or online. They write that there are long waiting times for telephone connection but they don't solve this problem.
RouteZurich to Corfu
Date FlownMarch 2020

"My bag was just over 9 kilos"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Heraklion to Athens. Ground staff were rude to me. My bag was just over 9 kilos and I had to pay 40 Euros on the spot for a 30 minute internal flight. I paid and I asked if I can now at least take my bag on board.(My bag was within the required dimensions. I was told no, I can't take it onboard because it is more than 8 kilos. Aegean has managed to build a great reputation over the last decades. Is it really worth damaging it for the sake of couple extra Euros which people pay when they are left with no choice? I will be avoiding Aegean wherever possible moving forward.
RouteHeraklion to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2020

"a pleasure to fly with it"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Frankfurt. The cabin crew are very welcoming and professional. This company offers a quality service clearly above the European average. It’s always a pleasure to fly with it.
RouteAthens to Frankfurt

"an uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Athens to Zurich. A320 neo, space between the seats in economy class is a no-go. Never encountered such an uncomfortable flight. A320s don’t get much denser than that and that is what my knees felt. They also put in place reclining seats, so this nightmare even gets worse if the person in front reclines.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteAthens to Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"smiling and very professional"

Trip Verified | Thessaloniki to Berlin via Athens. This was one of my best flights with Aegean. Second time to enjoy the service from a great purser. Always smiling and very professional. Perfect!
RouteThessaloniki to Berlin via Athens
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"inflight entertainment was boring"

Not Verified | Thessaloniki to Zurich via Athens with Aegean Airlines. Delayed departure due to technical problems and changing aircraft after boarding in Athens, from Zurich there was a delay due to delay of previous arrival due to strong winds. The inflight entertainment was boring. Crew were ok. All the meals were in a lot of plastic.
AircraftA320 & A321
RouteThessaloniki to Zurich via Athens
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"expecting much nicer service"

Trip Verified | Thessaloniki to Munich with Aegean Airlines. Full flight and not enough space for the bag under the seat in front. Since the boarding ground staff are measuring the hand luggage that needs to be a max of 8kg. If the weight is more than 8kg people had to pay 50€ at the gate. Some crew on board seem like they had more fun talking between each other and forgetting to give us a second drink. I was expecting much nicer service regarding the beverages.
RouteThessaloniki to Munich