Airline of the Year

WOW air

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV N/A

"airline is a rip off"

Verified Review | Crammed in like sardines. The perk was an outlet plug for electrical devices. It wasn't visible under and in between the seats, so you have to share, if you can find them. This tight space was my temporary home for almost 9 hours while sweating like a dog because of the HOT cabin temperature. I just came from a cold country and was crowded by my jacket and my cold weather clothes I stripped off to endure the heat. See pic, I had to take a pic of the plug just to feel around and find it. This airline is a rip off!
Aircraft TypeA321-200
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownFebruary 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"you get what you pay for"

Verified Review | I booked a flight from LAX to Amsterdam via Reykjavik. WOW air is like any other value carrier, you get what you pay for and what you get is a flight on a newer plane that is clean and has a great cabin crew. I checked the web page and it is clear what is allowed. One carry on and a personal bag. I took a back pack that was a big larger than what was required, but I knew if I had to stuff it in the required space it would fit. Your carry on should not weigh more than 20 lbs, and the personal bag did not have a weight limit. I paid for luggage and I knew it had to weigh under 40 lbs. Not rocket science just follow the rules. My seat was comfortable, I paid extra for window seats and this was such a small cost, I didn't mind. I loaded up my lap top with movies and watched movies the entire way. There is a plug between seats so loosing power is not an issue. I got hungry during the flight and bought the soda and chips for around $6 which is the same as airport pricing. The crew were so polite and nice. The only complaint is that there was a delay of 2 hours from LAX to Reykjavik, but they held the plane from Reykjavik to Amsterdam. The flight from Amsterdam was delayed 30 mins. With this airline they allow you to have a stop over in Reykjavik which I took full advantage of. Staying 5 days in the country was an amazing experience.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Seat did not recline"

Boarding at BWI well managed, typical " those needing assistance, young kids", then back to front. Flight delayed from BWI managed to arrive on time KEF. Deplaned on tarmac with ample space on bus to terminal. Paid extra for XL seat 9A window. Could not sleep against plane wall - the gap between seat arm and wall was wider than carry-on. No pillows or blankets. Seat did not recline. Also seat 9A measured almost 2 inches narrowed than 9B. Row 10 was exit row - enough leg room for another row, priced as XXL seat premium, so there was ample room to allow row 9 recline. No frills, but crew were efficient and nice. Pilot woke us with message to look out at Northern Light -nice! Return flight at KEF boarding nightmare, people lined up almost an hour before departure because boarding was first-come, first-on. Took longer as you had to wait in plane aisle for people to stuff luggage at front of plane and walk back to their rear seat which left people with forward seats to hunt for overhead space in the middle and then walk back forward to their seats. Badly managed. Seat 23C their site showed this as window seat but it was middle - crew rear-facing seat blocked window. Minimal to no recline. Flight departed late, arrived within 5 minutes of schedule at BWI. Crew polite.
Aircraft TypeA321
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"better than expected"

(Mexico)

Excellent flights brom BWI to KEF and KEF to BOS uneventful and on time. Much better than expected, check in fast and efficient, boarding slow due to bus transport to plane. Plane new in great condition. No entertainment of any kind, so bring your own movies. Bought XL seats on both way, one way row 2, one in exit row. Ended up paying 450 round trip with 1 piece of luggage and XL seat. The people on board were great, had Halloween costumes and gave candy to passangers. Good flying experience.
Aircraft TypeA321