Virgin Australia

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats were very comfortable"

LAX-BNE. Premium Economy seats were very comfortable had ample leg room and the 3-position leg rest was really nice. The front row just gets a cushion for their feet after take-off. I prefer the leg rests the other rows have as they are adjustable. The recline was pretty generous and I didn't feel too crowded when the seat in front of me was down. The seat width could've been a bit wider. I had some room but if you are a larger individual you will fill up the seat. With my seat reclined and my feet on the leg rest in the top position I was almost all the way stretched out. (I am 5'6") I found it very comfortable. For 2 people the side rows are great. They are just two seats and we felt like it was our own little area. Getting out of the window seat was pretty good. The VOD system was pretty good. They had a seat-to-seat text chat feature and games you can play against other passengers. The movie selection was good. They provide noise-canceling headphones and they worked very well. Welcome drink menu for meals attentive crew and self-service bar is awesome! There was always water juice beer wine rum and soda available also bags of potato chips. The premium section also has it's own restrooms - large and clean. Welcome kit included eye cover blanket toothbrush socks etc. I was very impressed with Premium Economy and thought it was well worth it for a 16 hour flight.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300ER
Seat Layout2x4x2
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"Seats are a good width"

SYD to LAX return (return flight was seat 38F). Found legroom and recline on V Australia's 777 superior to others. Seat was a little thin/firm under backside and being 100kg I noticed. Seats are a good width but bloke next to me kept spreading himself out too much which made it difficult to sleep properly.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300ER
Seat Layout3x3x3
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat cushioning became intolerable"

On long haul flight from MEL-LAX the seat cushioning became intolerable. We did everything from placing pillows / blankets under our bottoms & thighs to regular position changes & walks around the cabin. What's the use of having the widest seats in economy across the pacific if they afford very little comfort in seat cushioning?
Aircraft TypeB777-300ER