Vote Now

Virgin Atlantic

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"awful from start to finish"

Simply awful from start to finish. The cabin while looking great was horribly uncomfortable. The economy seats were so uncomfortable. You can feel every leg cross, table movement or rummage in the seat pocket behind you, because to save weight (and money in fuel for Virgin), there is no hard back to the chair to protect your lumbar spine from the people behind you who are also shifting uncomfortably in their seats. My partners seat bottom also broke in flight because she was shifting so uncomfortably. The TVs are tiny by today's economy standards. The 787 is a bum deal for passengers as it is as noisy as any other airliner (A380 much quieter by 10dB). The better quality air (not engine bleed fed on 787) is cancelled out by the internal noise and terrible seats. Finally the flight crew treated us like little children from the second we got on board telling us that we would only be having alcohol with food. I will be trying to avoid Virgin from now one and will pay anything to avoid their 787 routes..
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-9
Date FlownNovember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"pay for something we don't get"

We travel to Orlando on the 11:45 from Gatwick on 11th October 2016, a party of 10 adults and 1 child in a seat, another baby on laps, we paid £25 pound each seat, to book ours seats in advance, also we were first at twilight check in, where they then seated us all over the plane, even putting a mother and her two children on their own in two seats, whereas her partner was at the other end of the plane with his parents, other grandparent again in different seats. All of this which we didn't notice till the morning, as we had paid we assumed Virgin would put us in the seat we rang about and paid for- so very early next morning we had to rush to the airport to see if we could change them. We had difficulty as a number of others had booked in by then so we compromised, and came up with a do-able answer. So why do we have pay for something we don't get? On arriving at Orlando airport it more difficult to stay together so some of our party had to wait 3 hours to get though immigration.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"how uncomfortable seats were"

I have just returned from Las Vegas and was surprised how uncomfortable the seats in economy were. To improve customer comfort through offering a little more seat width and leg room and putting the cost of lost seats in an increase price could be easily implemented and I am sure would find customer acceptance.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"not getting what I paid for"

Disappointed with my latest Premium Economy flight from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin Atlantic. Sat on upper deck which was shared with economy passengers. Payed a big upgrade for PE but feel short changed. Seats were comfortable. Crew service good. Was bothered by constant queue for the toilets shared with Economy passengers and the fact that I was delayed getting off the aircraft. The toilet queue was within the PE section. Nothing against Economy passengers (flown economy many times) however when paying a lot more and not getting what I paid for is wrong.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747 400
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownAugust 2016
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"Don't believe Virgins hype"

London Heathrow to Hong Kong. Virgin advertise this as the best seats! If that's the case I would hate to be on the other flights. The plane was a new Boeing 787 and was a comfortable flight except they are the hardest most uncomfortable seats I've ever flown on. I'm 6'4" and just could not get comfortable. We fly to HK from London about twice a year but never again with this airline. It used to be via Air New Zealand but they no longer fly this route, sadly! Food wasn't that good either along with in-flight entertainment. Don't believe Virgins hype.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-900
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"less legroom than Ryanair"

Sat on 56D The trouble started as soon as we checked in, it did not allow us to pick me and my partners seats next to each other. Even though we were checking in a minute after the check in opened. A call to customer services failed when their systems crashed. and I was not allowed to check myself in. Upon arriving to the airport, me and my partner were moved again, to the middle aisle but were promised leg room upon request. Then we were moved away at the gate. Upon finally settling on our seats, our knees were touching the seats in front of us. The service was ok but it is unacceptable for a £600 flight to have less legroom than Ryanair. Virgin Atlantic need to step up, I think that next time, we will only fly on the newer planes and after we get enough points for our upgrade, we shall never use Virgin again, unless things improve. On another quick note, it is 2016, having an AVOD from 2005 is simply unacceptable, specially when the connecting Delta flight has much better service.
Aircraft TypeA340
Date FlownJune 2016

"were unbelievably cramped"

This was the worst flying experience I've ever had. The Virgin Atlantic A330 seats were unbelievably cramped. I'm 6' tall and I had to sit with my legs at an extreme angle to avoid hitting the seat in front of me. My 5'4" wife had her knees touching the seat in front. No "Extra Leg Room" seats were available. Getting in and out was a chore. It was literally claustrophobic. The aisles were super narrow as well. When the seats in front reclined, the situation was unbearable. I was in pain and had to get out of my seat every hour to stretch, a chore on an 11 hour flight. Also, the meals were mediocre at best. This was my first flight on this airline and I expected far, far better. I will never fly on Virgin Atlantic again.
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"feel robbed and cheated"

Flew to Miami mid-March with Virgin Atlantic. So very, very unhappy. Initially very excited to be travelling Premium Economy on the Boeing 787. Imagine our disappointment to find that the three rows of seats in front of us were full of men on a stag visit to Miami. Heavily intoxicated before getting onto the flight. Quiet for take-off then seven hours of loud vile language, throwing stuff around the cabin, jumping into each other seats and repeated use of electronic cigarettes. What did Virgin do - nothing. Except serve them more drinks (including liquors at their seats.) The crew finally refused to serve them any more alcohol for the final two hours of the flight, I really thought fighting would break out at this point. I paid for this flight out of my own money, I expected an enjoyable experience, what I got was seven hours of terror. I feel robbed and cheated. Never again on Virgin
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"are they in financial trouble?"

We had booked and paid for extra leg room seats 7 months before flying. When we arrived for flight back to Manchester they had changed the plane and given all extra leg room seats to other passengers. We are in our 70s and found the seats we got were small and uncomfortable. We arrived at Manchester cramped and in pain. We have been offered Virgin air miles as an apology, but over the last 8 years or so have never been able to use them on any flight, upgrade that we have booked with them. Also we paid for these leg room seats in June 2015, and Virgin have still not returned our money. Are they in financial trouble? They do not care a jot about their customers. A couple of years ago we had paid for premium economy seats and they were not available. You get no notice of these changes, so you cannot change your flight.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747

"worst flying experience"

I was expecting something special when I found out I was flying on a Boeing 787 to Johannesburg but I was so disappointed! The seats were tiny with very little leg room and if the person reclined in front of you, you had to eat your food with their head in your face. I would go one further in saying it was the worst flying experience I have had flying longhaul.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787