Virgin Atlantic

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the least amount of legroom"

Review by (United States)

Completely ridiculous. They charge an extra fee for selecting a seat, which is a new low. And on top of that, they provide the least amount of legroom I've ever experienced on an international flight - even in economy. Seat recline will upset any beverages on the open table of passenger seated directly behind you. What is Virgin Atlantic thinking?
Aircraft TypeA340
Seat Storage 12345

"seats comfortable with plenty of legroom"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Upgraded to Premium Economy return on the LHR-JFK route. Seats were comfortable with plenty of legroom and width to the seat. Welcome onboard and service was friendly and professional. Entertainment, dining and beverage selection was fantastic.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Storage 12345

"seats are far too close together"

Review by (United Kingdom)

The seats are far too close together, so that when the seat in front is reclined you are trapped into a very uncomfortable position and are effectively trapped in the seat. Service was fine, food ok. But we will never fly Virgin Atlantic premium economy again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747
Seat Storage 12345

"economy looked horribly claustrophobic"

Review by (United States)

It's been a while since I've flown with Virgin, and was rather surprised by the changes. I purchased the extra legroom seats and was glad I did. The standard economy looked horribly claustrophobic, and premium economy didn't look much more roomy than the seats I'd booked. However, they did look more comfortable as the new seats feel as if someone forgot to put the padding in. However service excellent, and the hot meals I had weren't bad. However, the breakfast was a bit disappointing - a yogurt, granola and a mini muffin. The afternoon tea (a wrap and a biscuit) was good.
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seats are too close together"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Used seats 78c and 77c which are upstairs, and seats are too close together. Going out I had all three seats to myself, I sat at the window seat and found it extremely difficult to get out - the seats in front are far too close - but I was lucky the other two seats were vacant. On the return the plane was full, and as I expected one has to get out of your seat to let the two people next to you get out.On a positive note the service was excellent and food good, probably because there are less seats upstairs. But I will not be flying Virgin again unless they upgrade to newer planes.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownJune 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"ample room in width and leg room"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Virgin Little Red. Very fresh and new looking seats of purple leather. Ample room in both width and leg room for a short internal flight. Seat is more comfortable than a lot of long haul airlines. Slight recline pitch but for an internal flight it is more than enough.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownJune 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"found the seat very comfortable"

Review by (United Kingdom)

I'm 6'3" and 16 stone and found the seat very comfortable. Having flown economy on the way to New York I found the upgrade on the way back to be well worth the money. Staff on the plane were very friendly and very professional. Have used Virgin before and will most use in the future.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat was extremely confined"

Review by (United Kingdom)

Premium Economy to and from Cuba Seat 18C on flights VS63 and VS64. Cabin service on the outward leg was good and attentive (we were told there was a supervisor on board) but I was surprised that the space around the seats was extremely confined and that the in-flight “entertainment” did not work. The distorted sound from the headset made watching any film impossible and the touch-screen system did not allow one to follow even the flight map. Food was just about edible (in spite of what the menu cards promised). It was served in cardboard containers but bedecked with linen tray cloths and a set of cumbersome metal cutlery. The return was another story. On boarding we were warned that alcohol service would be restricted as the outbound flight had virtually drunk the plane dry. Personally I did not find this a problem on a night flight. However cabin service this time was sparse to say the least. With the dinner bread rolls were not offered beyond the first two rows and there was no chance of refilling the miniscule “china” coffee cup. The much-vaunted liqueur service turned out to be a glass of brandy - no choice. Sleep was impossible. The seats had obviously been designed for a greater pitch than had been afforded. If the person in front employed the –limited- possibilities for reclining their seat the surrounding design ensured that you were trapped in yours. If you used the footrest your knees almost hit your chin. Breakfast was similarly awful. I am relieved to say that being at the front of the queue for boarding and disembarkation did have its advantages but I feel obliged to report to others that I regard the Premium Economy service that we received a vast waste of money. One would do far better to purchase extra leg-room seats in Economy Class and investigate taking some of the excellent locally-available snacks to sustain one on the journey. To say this service is over-hyped is an enormous understatement. We are contemplating another visit to Cuba but are giving serious consideration to extending our journey time and using Dutch or German carriers.

"the new cramped seat"

Review by (United Kingdom)

My Wife and I are villa owners in Florida and travel back and forth on Virgin Atlantic two & three times per year. In the past five years my wife and I have seen a major decline in the poor quality of service and the introduction of the new cramped seat in Premium seats. We have just returned from Orlando to Gatwick on 25th April 15. What we experienced was cramped seats touching my knees when the passenger in front reclines tired rude staff my audio jack in my seat was broken so I could not watch a film. Overheated dried out food. We were seated upstairs towards the front on P Economy with 40+ economy seats behind full of loud unruly children and parents. The crew were also handing out free champagne to the upstairs economy even though they had not paid for this service. I feel that Thomson Airways new B787 Premium Economy is leaps ahead in quality/cost and comfort compared to Virgin Atlantic and I have already booked my return flights with Thomson in August 2015 to return to the US.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the worst economy long haul seats"

Review by (South Africa)

I just arrived in London on Virgin Atlantic Airways from Johannesburg. These are the worst economy long haul seats one could ever have the misfortune to encounter. The pitch is supposedly 31" but I bet it's less. When someone reclines their seat the video screen is literally in your face. The top back of the seat curves inwards putting your upper back and neck in a very uncomfortable position. The minute I sat down in this seat I felt uncomfortable. This is an 11 hour flight and these seats are not even suitable for a few minutes. My back is sore now. I am an average height male 1.8m and weigh 80kg. Yes I am not a small child but I have flown most other long haul carriers in economy and none were ever this cramped and uncomfortable. It is really a shame because cabin staff were good and the food acceptable for economy. But the thought of spending another second in those torture devices fills me with dread. I will avoid Virgin Atlantic Airways economy long haul at all costs. I am so sorry I didn't book with another airline.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-600