Best Cabin Crew

Virgin Atlantic

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats were dreadful"

We flew to Grenada, meaning we were on the plane for over 11 hours - and the seats were unbelievably uncomfortable, very hard, no back support and no foot rests. On the return flight we had extra leg room seats and the leg room was much better in these but the seats just as hard and uncomfortable. Staff were pleasant, food OK and the choice of films was excellent but the seats were dreadful.
Aircraft TypeAirbus A340-300
Date FlownJanuary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"narrowest I have experienced"

Extremely disappointed by this flight. The seat where we were (exit row seats we paid extra for) were the narrowest I have ever experienced. I am average size and it was a really uncomfortable for someone even of my average girth. Heaven knows how some wider people would cope. The audio didn't work on the entertainment system, supper was nothing special and the alleged breakfast was as poor as other people have already described. Virgin Atlantic economy class has really gone downhill in recent times, they used to be my preferred airline.
Aircraft TypeA340-600
Seat Storage 12345

"seats were extremely hard"

Leg room was awful and the seats were extremely hard. Width wise not much better either. I paid the extra $70 dollars on the way back for supposedly extra leg room. Could not tell if there was any, so felt ripped off. Plane was late taking off on the way due to technical problems which took 1 hour and 50 minutes to fix with very few updates from the crew. Only nice thing was the complimentary bag. I would not recommend Virgin Atlantic certainly on the their older fleet. It seems to me that passengers in the US or flying transatlantic are getting a bum deal. I fly regularly to Far East and the airlines are far better in every way.
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"journey was very unpleasant"

I have flown with Virgin Atlantic on a number of occasions but not in the last 4 years. I went with my daughter to Orlando from Manchester and I say the level of service was awful. The food was dreadful. The entertainment service was worse than Delta (partner airline). On the way out the cabin crew were very bad tempered. On the way back the seat in front of me was empty until the seat belt light went out. It was the claimed. When the meal was served, the seat in front was reclined. This had the effect of sending my meal into my lap. The entertainment unit was then too close for me to see. I wear glasses and could not focus very well. I also have long legs so when the passenger in front went to sleep she objected to my legs/ knees digging in her back and started to argue with me. There wasn't much I could do so she went to see the cabin crew who did absolutely nothing although the middle seat was empty and she could easily have moved to it. She pushed back as hard as possible on the seat making my legs ache. The journey was very unpleasant. The food on the return journey (what I ate of it) was not very nice. I was glad to get off the plane. Delta was much better. Easyjet and Ryanair are better. Avoid!

"seats comfortable"

We found the experience very good, crew welcoming, seats comfortable, welcome drink prior to take off. Food selection was good with hot / cold snacks offered between meals. Cabin staff were attentive and offered great service.
Aircraft TypeA340
Seat Layout2x3x2

"awful service"

Awful service! Treated like 2nd class citizens! I chose Virgin Atlantic as I previously had a good experience travelling to LA in 2005. Admittedly we had flown premium economy. This time I chose to fly economy to NY as my expectations of the service given by Virgin Atlantic would be good no matter which class - and at least on par with BA! How wrong I was! My wife and 20 month old son were travelling with me and although I tried to pre-book our seats the night before, due to website issues we were forced to arrive early at the airport the next day to check in. We did, but unfortunately all seats had been allocated and our preference to be seated two together with a window view was not possible. It was necessary due to the fact that my wife is still breast feeding our son. So at least this could be done discreetly with me sitting near to the aisle. We ended up sitting in a four-seat row right near to the toilet access! It was too open, too many passengers and crew passing by and entertainment system positioned awkwardly. The cabin staff made no attempts to see if they could move or swap our seats! On the way back from NY we had window seats, but no legroom, reclining space, screen directly in front of your face - worse than EasyJet. It has totally put me off flying with Virgin Atlantic. I complained to VA when we got home and offered a pitiful £60 VA vouchers to be used towards their products! PS: a month has since lapsed and no vouchers received! Questionable service from an airline which promises so much.
Date FlownOctober 2015

"incredibly narrow"

Seats in the standard economy section are incredibly narrow - narrower than it needs to be since there is a good 2 inches between the cabin wall and the edge of the seat at the windows. Seat pitch is very tight as well. Perhaps this is the airline's way of making customers upgrade to the extra legroom seats?
Aircraft TypeA330-300

"little space for feet"

Orlando to Manchester with Virgin Atlantic on 26th November. Economy-seats 28H, 29H. Opposite galley where the aisle is narrow and cabin crew are coming and going. No problem with that but on boarding, a huge obese male in filthy tee shirt, shorts below his navel and work boots without socks crashed down and fully reclined seat in front of me. Think he broke it as I then had the tv screen in my face, all the way apart from take off and landing. Seat comfortable enough before this happened but little space for feet due to seat frame in front. Booked with Virgin Atlantic but outward flight was with partner airline Delta with transfer at JFK. Good price at £403 return but obliged to pay £25 each extra for 'comfort' seats JFK to MCO in order to have aisle seats - which they had bounced us from with change of aircraft. (Wheelchair assist and aisle seat required for wife). Last year went direct both ways and paid for Premium Economy which, after this experience was well worth the extra. Takes at least 90 minutes at the gallop from disembarking at JFK Terminal 4 to boarding at Terminal 2. Not recommended - go direct.
Seat Storage 12345

"budget airline with high prices"

Have flown several times over the years with Virgin Atlantic to various destination (South Africa, New York, Orlando) in Upper class and Premium Economy. Having just returned from Orlando in Premium Economy it was very noticeable that the seats have been re-positioned thereby reducing legroom. Virgin have changed dramatically over the past few years, they were unique and at least one step ahead of their competitors, but now they are a budget airline with high prices.
Seat Storage 12345

"just big enough for me"

I'm 6'2" so flying can be a bit awkward with some airlines. I found the Premium Economy seat just big enough for me and managed to sleep for some of the flight, so it must have been comfortable. I'd have liked a bit more recline but that simply isn't possible. I liked it enough that I'll use this again. The controls are easy enough to use and watching TV etc in that seat is fine.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747