US Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (Canada) 24th June 2015

Being a Former Star Alliance airline, I expected the seating to be a lot more than it was. The seats had the same feeling as a ride in a taxi with that easy to clean material on the seat. The Recline was okay, there was no power outlet which really ticked me off on the A319, as my phone was dying. Legroom was mediocre and the width and aisle space was standard. My bag was forced to be Gate Checked on the 319 as there was in adequate storage onboard. I didnt have my Carry On Bag during my layover in Philly which was disappointing as I had a change of clothes incase it was humid ( which it very much was ).
Aircraft TypeA319 / CRJ-200
Seat Layout3x3 / 2x2
Date Flown24-06-2015
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United States) 4th February 2015

Flew PHL to TLV. Seats would not recline more than a couple of inches. Impossible to fall asleep on the 10 hours flight. Would not fly this route again on the Airbus 330.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330

Review by (United States) 27th October 2014

We were completely outraged that we paid non-refundable fees of $320 over and above the airfare on our Philadelphia - Lisbon roundtrip flight ($79 per person each way) for "choice" seats - and found out that these seats do not provide any extra legroom. We made the reasonable assumption that IF a passenger pays that much extra they would receive what other airlines provide - several inches of additional legroom. We did not click through to the description US Airways gives that does say no extra legroom is provided. But again paying that much more we made the reasonable assumption that we would receive something more than sitting in the first 3 rows of economy with no additional legroom. We fault US Airways for a very misleading offering. We will try very hard to avoid flying with them again for this reason! P.S. other passengers in the "choice" seats were also outraged upon discovering their seats were no less cramped than other economy seats!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 757
Seat Layout3x3

Review by (United States) 3rd March 2014

I agree with a previous reviewer who said these seats were "torture devices." About 2 hours into a flight from Charlotte NC to Phoenix AZ my body was screaming to get out of the seat. My poor husband who is quite tall was miserable as well. This was one flight I couldn't wait to get off of it was that bad. The seat was hard and confining; the leg room stingy. The guy behind me continuously hit my seat back doing what I don't know. The woman in front of me used her seat back to bounce back and forth throughout the entire flight. Why? Because they just didn't have enough room. The space they allot you in your seat is pitiful and painful. Twice I had the cart hit my knee as it was pushed by and several times I had people brush up against me as they walked past because there is so little room in the aisle. Why is this acceptable for air travel? By the time we got off the plane my husband's feet and ankles were severely swollen and he does not normally have a problem with ankle/feet swelling. Really kind of scary the physical abuse you have to tolerate in order to fly from one part of the country to the other. I can't imagine flying on a plane like this on an international flight. It would be intolerable unless you are built like an 8 year-old.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A321
Seat Layout3x3

Review by (United States) 22nd October 2011

This was by far the most uncomfortable flight that I have been on and I was in one of the worst possible seats 35C. Row 35 has three off-center seats relative to the four seats of row 34. Between the brackets of the seat in front of you and boxes that hold life jackets there is no place to put your feet. There was a universal camaraderie in the cabin in suffering passengers of all shapes and sizes. People ignored the seat belt signs and milled about the cabin for periods of relief. I will never fly US Airways again for international travel.

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd October 2011

Airways A320 from Philadelphia to Phoenix and there was more room. I'm not that tall at 5' 8" but I'd recommend avoiding the US Airways A330.

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th June 2011

Very uncomfortable seat for a transatlantic fight. AV could not be rated since it and the reading light were not available for the complete flight.
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th June 2011

Viewing Tv Screen N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th May 2011

Very uncomfortable prayed the passenger in front didn't recline his seat. For health's sake don't use this airline for transatlantic flights.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th May 2011