Best Cabin Crew

United Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the smallest seat"

United Airlines Boeing 737-800 was the smallest seat I have ever sat in. I'm 5'3", weight 125, and was squished into a seat so small it was impossible to move. Very difficult to even reach down to get my pocketbook from under the preceding seat. Thank goodness it was only a 3 hr. flight.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Date FlownFebruary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seat is nothing memorable"

Since United doesn't have a proper Premium Economy product, I selected Economy although the product I had is marketed as Economy Plus. Economy Plus is seating that has about 4 more inches of legroom. Note, the width of the seat nor comfort is any different than regular economy but customers (except those with elite status) are expected to shell out up $150 extra per segment for this "privilege". Of course, this products likely sells well to Americans who have not flown on other international carriers and know no better. The seat is nothing memorable, basic comfort level and has the same woes any typical economy seat has with discomfort for medium to long haul flights and the famous armrest battles due to poor design (aka no individual armrest). Again, this part is pretty much expected as most airlines have adopted the share an armrest philosophy as far as I recall.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout3x3x3

"a negative score"

We booked seats online for 5 people in a row and everyone in our party ended up scattered. My 9 year old sister is sitting alone as well as my 11 year old brother. My parents are scattered and I'm sitting next to this random person who is taking up half of my seat. United Airlines needs to stick with the original plan and not place kids, especially young kids, away from their parents. I would give this a negative score but I was unable to.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737

"most uncomfortable seats"

Absolutely the most uncomfortable seats either in economy or economy plus. Seat back makes your head protrude forward which throws the rest of your body out of line. Whoever designed these seats must have been shorter than 5 feet tall. And no lumbar support.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-900

"Comfy seats"

Comfy seats in both extra leg room and normal seats (we sat in both), plentiful good food, friendly crew, free drinks. Blankets and pillows provided on outbound and inbound flights to and from Manchester UK and Newark. Choice of 60 films.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 757
Date FlownNovember 2015

"seats very uncomfortable"

Took an overnight flight on United Airlines Boeing 737-900 from LAX to IAD. The cabin lighting inside the Boeing 737-900 is really cool. The seats look very new. For the purpose of sleeping on an overnight flight, these new slimmer and stiffer seats are very uncomfortable. There is also no in-flight entertainment or seat-back monitor during this 5 hour flight. United has given zero priority to passenger comforts on this flight.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-900
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"first rows of seats in economy look inviting"

The first rows of seats in economy look inviting. The farther back one goes, the less space there is between tiers of seats. I was on a group tour, far back in the cabin. There was NO space for my face because the passenger in front of me had his seat reclined at all times, including take-off and landing. Not a single steward or stewardess noticed. The seat itself was comfortable enough. Just claustrophobic. I could not see any of the TVs in the cabin. I had a small rolling case, a 14" case, and an aisle seat with a box or support under the seat in front of me. My small case was too large for that space. My sister accommodated it in her space for take-off but then needed room to stretch on the long flight. Two stewardesses then declined to bother to find a space for it, so I sat with my feet on top of it. Until landing. A third stewardess decided to find stowage (which I couldn't reach).
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747
Seat Layout3x4x3

"total waste of money"

I will never fly this airline again. Starts with rude check in people at the Portland airport. We flew on a new plane, paid extra for leg room, but seats did not recline - most miserable flight ever. Hostesses were rude and abrupt, 5.5 hour flight and not offered food to purchase much less a tiny bag of anything - only 2 beverages runs. We had no entertainment because we were told, it was a new plane and it hadn't been set up. On one leg, the hostess said they was nothing available to eat but a chicken salad and a wrap. Take it or leave it. Clearly, employees are very unhappy and that was transferred to us. No blankets or pillows, and we paid an extra $400 for better seats. Total waste of money, will not make the mistake a second time.
Seat Storage 12345

"flying in comfort is a pipe dream"

I paid for Premium economy but got less. My money was wasted and the 3 inches I was afforded was miserable. I received no entertainment unless I was willing to pay and no food. All I could do was sit there and put up with it. Miserable flight. I was already tired and this was the last straw. United Airlines took money for better seats and gave me poor seats. The guy sitting next to my friend was overflowing into her seat. She was in the middle. Flying in comfort is a pipe dream evidently even when you pay for it.
Aircraft TypeA320
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"seat comfort is tragic"

The United Airlines Boeing 737-800 seat comfort is tragic for anyone larger than a small child. At first they seem like modern standard sseats: pitch 31, width 17.3 and a 3" recline. But when that passenger in front of you reclines, tragedy ensues. I was on a 4-1/2 hour flight from Houston to Vancouver. Air rage, I nearly lost it. Never again will I book a flight with this 737-800. Or so I'd like to think. It amused me to realize that now that the airlines have finally installed power in nearly all of the economy seats you can no longer hold anything larger than a tablet or a phone, and they don't need to be plugged in. Putting a laptop on the miniscule fold-out table? I truly despair. They've got us where they want us and we can do nothing but squawk into our lukewarm beer.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800