United Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (Brazil) 30th June 2015

NRT-LAX in the economy plus seats, the recline is almost non-existent, making a long flight very uncomfortable! If at all possible, avoid this plane - this is a 17" seat width plane.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-9
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date Flown29-05-2015
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United States) 19th June 2015

The seats were so small and uncomfortable! The seat rows were so close that my fiance's knees hit the seat in front of him and he couldnt put his tray table down. Additionally, most of the time the seats couldn't lean back (or at least ours couldn't - we were in front of the emergency exit) which was uncomfortable on a 3.5 hour flight. The seats were cramped and uncomfortable and my fiance and I are done flying with united.
Aircraft TypeCRJ 700
Seat Layout2x2
Date Flown19-06-2015
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United States) 4th June 2015

Flew United on IAD-LAX route intended to be non-stop but we had to land in PHX due to medical emergency from a passenger up in first class. No entertainment system no audio only upside was the power outlet. Otherwise a plain jane seat did have the headrest wings you can bend to hold your head.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 737-900

Review by (United States) 31st May 2015

It is embarrassing to call this class as "economy plus" under the circumstances that the other Asian European airlines have started offering much better seats and services. Especially it is shameful that United has to offer such bad service with no sense of customer service and treatment as well as worst seat quality.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 787

Review by (United States) 30th May 2015

The new seats are terrible. No thigh support. They slant down so you are constantly sliding forward. Very painful after a three hour flight. Mine had great legroom because I was in the exit row. I am seriously considering giving up my premier 1k status and starting in to earn status on a different airline if they have better seats.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320

Review by (Australia) 30th May 2015

Travelled Mel-LAX on United 787 Dreamliner. What a disappointment after all the hype of promotion by UA about their new planes! Whoever ordered the seats need to speak with UA customers and ask their opinion. The reclining seat is hardly reclining and is one of the worst seats ever experienced on any airline. The 15 hour flight was most uncomfortable and sorry after 30 years flying UA cannot recommend this plane. If UA don't amend their seating am afraid many loyal UA flyers will seek alternative airlines to the USA.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 787
Seat Layout3x3x3

Review by (United States) 30th May 2015

One of the worst flights I've ever flown. I had to endure 12+hours of this "misery" from" Tokyo Narita to Chicago. Food wasn't very good and the comfort level was horrible. I strongly recommend not flying on a United 747.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400

Review by (Canada) 30th May 2015

ORD-YVR. Like others have mentioned the new seats are awful very hard and uncomfortable on any flight over an hour. Leg room was great but after almost 4 hours in this seat it got painful. We all want cheap flights but someone must be able to design a less painful cheap seat. Also flew a 757 from Dublin that day seats were far more comfortable in that plane
Aircraft TypeBOEING 737

Review by (Germany) 2nd April 2015

(Newark-Berlin Tegel) 7.5 hour flight was emptier than most United flights. The food was very poor and the seats were very bad. The flight was bad.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 757

Review by (United States) 29th March 2015

I don't know why United even bothers to provide seats at this point. Also the sizes of the seatbelts are arbitrary. I was in the one seat row going into Newark and there was about an inch gap between the buckle and the insertion side. I was unable to maneuver it because when I tried to I hit my head so I asked for an extender. While in Newark I became ill and didn't eat for two days. When I boarded the plane to return I was on the side with two seats. The buckle went as far as my naval. The side you insert came as far as the side of my leg. You probably think I weigh 400 pounds. Nowhere near. My heart really goes out to others - I don't know how they coped. I'm never taking United again. They disrespect people. All they care about is how many people they can stuff into their horrible planes.
Aircraft TypeEMBRAER ERJ-145