Vote Now

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"no coordinated seating"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Unbelievable stress before we get anywhere near the flight. Why on earth would you assign 4 seats scattered across the aircraft, to a family group including a 3 and 5 year old? They ask for the ages of the children at booking, which was more than 4 months ago and yet no coordinated seating. It's a long way from Auckland to San Francisco for the cabin crew to service a 3 year old sitting alone and a 5 year old sitting alone. Even if the issue is worked out before boarding, the stress and angst has spoiled our holiday. A phone call to the nearest United office (Australia) and we were told that they can't move other passengers who have already selected. How did they select? This flight was booked on the AirNZ site and seats could not be selected at booking and don't seem to be able to be changed now. Really bad system.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownFebruary 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was pretty comfortable"

Verified Review | I flew Premium Economy, in Seat 19K. The seat was pretty comfortable, and I had plenty of legroom in which to stretch out. The recline, however, was subpar. It reclined maybe an inch more (maybe) than Economy (and was therefore almost incomparable.). Unless you can sleep practically upright, good luck getting in a few "Zzzz" before the plane lands. Sleeping was harder than I imagined. What really did shock me were two things: how quiet the engines were (even during takeoff and landing - eerily quiet), and how big the windows were. I look forward to flying Premium Economy or Business with other airlines to compare, and I look forward to flying with United again soon.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-900
Date FlownJanuary 2017
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

"Seats are comfortable"

Verified Review | I'm surprised that this tiny jet aircraft felt big inside. Seats are comfortable. Just perfect for a 2 hours flight YVR-SFO. I was seated in 22F and it was good. Window with a view of the wing. Legroom is good for me , but I'm a short guy so legroom has never been a problem anyways. Cabin bins are quite big.
Aircraft TypeERJ 175
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownNovember 2016

"it was excruciating"

The United Airlines A320 is such an atrocious aircraft that I can only recommend it be avoided at all costs. I was on a reasonably short flight from BOS-IAD, and it was excruciating. The 30" seat pitch is the absolute worst, and believe me, you'll feel it. I'm 6'2 and 195 lbs, not overweight or even excessively tall. United should be ashamed of what they have done with their A320 fleet. I will avoid it at all costs and will even use another airline, if needed. Even a regional provides a lot more comfort and personal space.
Aircraft TypeA320
Date FlownNovember 2016

"terrible seating arrangement"

Verified Review | Terrible seating arrangement to squeeze as many people as possible with only a single aisle. Not enough leg room to sit comfortably at all and definitely not enough cabin space to accommodate carry on baggage for the number of people on board. I had to check my carry-on due to lack of space and my laptop bag couldn't fit under the seat nor provide enough space for someone sitting when I placed the bag under another seat as was instructed by the flight crew. Finally I had to walk my laptop bag from row 39 all the way to first class after everyone was seated to place it in an overhead bin where room was found. Very long time to board and de-plane compared to all other aircraft I've flown on because nearly 300 people use just a single aisle to exit. What a poor designed plane. I will avoid the 737-900 in the future - and the version United put me on didn't have power or tv screens either.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-900
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"never been so uncomfortable"

I have never been so uncomfortable on a flight in my life. Yes, I am 6' tall and had a lap infant (basically a pariah as soon as I walk on a plane), but our flights to and from Boston were some of the longest hours of my life. I could not move my legs. At all. They were jammed into the seat in front of me. Couldn't get to the bag under my seat containing food, toys, diapers for my one year old. On the flight back, the remote for the tv is somehow under one's elbow, thus causing the tv to blast on 2 inches from my daughter's face -- generally right as I got her sleepy. Forget using the tray table, forget walking down the aisle (unless you enjoy smashing yourself into other passengers personal space so that others may get by). I was so sore and I am angry because I feel this is all being done on purpose so that we will buy Economy "Plus" seats next time and an extra seat for her. Sorry United, never again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"the most uncomfortable seat"

Flew on a newer (my guess was new to the fleet in 2016) Boeing 737-900 from ORD to Cancun in economy. Hands-down the most uncomfortable seat I've ever flown in, after a lifetime of flying the globe on a fairly regular basis. The seat was flimsy, hardly any padding, hardly any recline but any more and I would have been squished by the person in front of me. The width was so absurdly narrow that the aisle was visibly huge. Flight attendants were polite enough, the attempt to make the plane look bigger with the new ceiling was a visual success. Flew on an older 737 on the return flight, the seat was slightly more comfortable, and I managed to get an exit row without anyone beside me.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-900
Date FlownMarch 2016

"Avoid at all costs"

Avoid at all costs. I'm not even close to average American frame. The TV controls are in the center of the worst designed armrest in the history of flight. Good luck not changing your seatmate's channel or volume. NO legroom at all.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Date FlownMay 2016

"no Plus on this seat"

SFO-HKG on a B747-400 in Economy Plus - 20H Limited legroom and I am only 5'6 and my knees almost touch the seat in front of me. There is definitely no "Plus" on this seat. There is also a IFE box under the seat in front of me so half of legroom was blocked so i have to keep going sideways to stretch my feet out. The seat itself has seen better days for sure and I think UA should really retire their 747's now as seats are not comfortable any longer. Limited recline as well. Inseat power supple though so that's a good thing.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownApril 2016
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

"good recline of seats"

(Vietnam)

Comfortable seating arrangement and good leg space for economy class. Good recline of the seats and enough space for my stuff. Trays were also comfortable for placing the food tray. The movie selection was rather poor but that's another story.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777