Top 100 Airports

Thomson Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats narrower than normal"

Verified Review | "Extra Space" seats near the emergency exit (which are not suitable for children). Seats with a bulkhead infront means that trays are in the seat arm, which makes the seats narrower than normal. Window seats have restricted legroom, because of the emergency slide storage on the inside of the door and sometimes cabin crew seats for takeoff and landing. All window seats are not good for tall people as the cabin curves in at the top.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"it's well worth it"

Having just returned from from holiday from Mexico flying from Manchester. We paid extra for premium seats and priority boarding but it's well worth it, it's 2 yrs since we flew with Thomson, and I can honestly say they've upped their game, food and service. The cabin crew worked their socks off, and I have nothing but praise for them. We encountered a problem 3 days before our return to the UK, I Emailed Thomson customer service UK 24/7 for help half expecting no reply till Monday, to my surprise I received a reply within an hour and it was all sorted within 2 hours. So my own point of view is that I would have no hesitation in flying with Thomson again.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownMay 2016

"seats are very tight"

Boeing 757 seats on Thomson Airways are very tight and next to no legroom. When seat in front is inclined I was unable to feel my legs at all or move. Seat belt very small, came nowhere near to fitting. Table tray, broken and wouldn't lower, even in locked position was at an angle so not laying straight in its position. Cabin was dirty with rubbish from previous flight. Seats and leather looking very worn and tatty. Had appearance of an old decrepid airliner beyond its sell by date.
Date FlownFebruary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seats not an improvement"

Seat 3c on Thomson Airways Boeing 787 - all seats in premium cabin the same. Not bad if you are an average size but if you are petite, they are not made for comfort. The headrest is too high and not adjustable for height, the footrest is only reachable at a stretch and therefore useless. As there is no lumbar adjust, the back support/space does not fit well either and is worse on recline. Seat cushion is firm which is better than too soft but I would not like to undertake a longer haul flight than the 7 hours we had. Only their 2 point headphones will fit so forget using your own. Good points are the foldable and hideaway tray table and drinks rest. For a newer aircraft the seats are basically not an improvement on anything I've travelled on before, shame.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownFebruary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"found the seats to be narrow"

Plenty of leg room, but this appears to be at the expense of seat width. I am not a large person but I found the seats to be narrow. I would not have wanted to be in a middle seat. There was no storage directly above seats 38-40 D-F due to the crew rest area above, however, the storage bins at the sides of the cabin are huge and there was sufficient space in these for all luggage. Inflight entertainment is very good and there is plenty to keep you occupied on an 8 hour flight. I also think there is some credibility in the claim that air quality is better on the 787 because I felt quite fresh at the end of both outbound and return flights. Although I didn't like the seat width/arrangement, this was one of the better experiences I have had in economy.
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownNovember 2015

"aisles far too narrow"

Thomson Airways Boeing 787 seats are far too narrow. I am a size 10 and my boyfriend a small man and we couldn't sit side by side comfortably as we had to share a tiny arm rest. Aisles are far too narrow - so I got hit everytime someone passed me. Boyfriend had large people next to him both flights which spilled onto his already narrow seat. Leg room is fine. Will never fly with Thomson or the Boeing 787 again. Needs to have wider aisles and seats. Seat power supply wasn't strong enough to charge my iPad, so wouldn't do a laptop either.
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"Legroom and seat width good"

The Thomson Airways seats were comfortable on the outbound day flight, however upon return it was a night flight and they were uncomfortable, probably because we were all tired. Be careful of behind passengers when they put their items in the seat pocket as I had a lady's water bottle digging into my lower back, which she very kindly moved for me. Legroom was good and seat width was also very good.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3X3
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"surprised with the legroom"

Surprised with the legroom on this Thomson Airways Boeing 757. Very good in row 29 on outward flight, row 24 back. We did not pay for extra legroom seats, and glad we didn't.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 757
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"more than enough legroom for me"

I flew on one of Thomson Airways Boeing 737s with the new Sky Interior, which is more spacious and modern compared to their other aircraft. I was sat in an extra legroom seat, and I found it to be very generous. There was more than enough legroom for me. The leather seats are very comfortable, however as I was flying short haul I didn't need to test the recline feature. The seat width was insignificant, as I don't remember it being either too small or massively wide. It was decent. Similarly, I don't recall the aisle space/access or seat storage being of any significance. I could see the overhead screen easily from my row.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"I was quite impressed with the comfort"

For a charter airline I was quite impressed with the comfort during a recent trip from BHX-PMI. We chose to pre-book "extra legroom" seats as I am over 6ft and it made a big difference on this flight. The seats provide about 34 inches of pitch which on a 2 hour trip is all that is needed. The seat was comfortable and while there is no IFE on the 757 this is not needed on a short haul route. Looking at some standard seats further back in the cabin, I am glad we paid the extra for additional comfort.
Date FlownAugust 2015