Top 100 Airlines

Thomas Cook Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"difficult to get in and out of seat"

It was very difficult to get in and out of the seat, and in doing so we had to lever ourselves by grasping the head rest in front to mutual embarrassment. Although I am less than 6ft in height the space between the seat in front and the inside back of my seat was less than the length of my upper leg; furthermore owing to the design of the tray it was impossible to flatten it when it was deployed. My wife who conversely is not much more than 5ft could not see the TV from the centre seat. All the staff were fine, and the mobility assistance was excellent.
Aircraft TypeA321
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"comfortable with good room"

Seat 12A on an A330-200. Long-haul flight from Manchester to New York JFK, flight time 7.5 hours. The cabin had been newly fitted, including new sidewalls and overhead lockers which gave it a light and airy feel. The layout of Thomas Cook A330's used to be a crammed 3x3x3 but now they are 2x4x2 which allows 18 inch width which was very comfortable, there was plenty leg room and the seats were reasonably comfortable. All seats had no recline which is actually a good thing as it means no-one in front of you can recline which is especially annoying on long flights, personally I do not think recline is needed. There was a large PTV screen in every seat which had a good selection of entertainment. It also had a USB port (no plug socket) which was excellent for charging my phone. Seat 12A has its own window but there is no window behind it which gave me just the right amount of room to rest my head. Underneath the seat was an IFE box which did limit the space slightly, however, there was still plenty space for a large backpack. Overall, the newly fitted cabin is nice and the seats comfortable with a good amount of room.
Aircraft TypeA330-200
Date FlownJune 2016

"Very uncomfortable seat"

Very uncomfortable seat. Hard with little cushioning. Oddly, there was enough legroom, just the seat itself was uncomfortable for a near seven hour flight. Flight attendant was quite rude and officious, telling me to refasten my seatbelt after I had undone it once the aircraft was taxiing. I just wonder what he would have done if I'd said "no." The food was OK. They could have been more generous with the water, tea and coffee. Given a choice, and mainly because of the uncomfortable seats, I would prefer not to fly Thomas Cook again.
Date FlownMay 2016

"comfortable slimline seats"

Flew Manchester to Crete in October 2015. We arrived at the airport to find we could not check in as our aircraft had developed a fault, so they were sending a replacement aircraft and the check-in staff needed to reallocate all the seating. Although this meant a 30 minute wait before being allowed to check in, our flight actually left on time, so no great loss to us. On the plus side our replacement aircraft was one of the longhaul Airbus A330s with the downstairs toilets. These have been refurbished and what a difference from previous experiences, unrecognizable from the Airtours and Mytravel days. Much wider, comfortable slimline seats, which meant me as a 6 foot plus person could stretch my legs right out under the seat in front without bruising my shins, plus personal on demand TV screens which the crew unlocked all the additional films for us all, a nice touch. We enjoyed our pre booked meals and we find the meals on Thomas Cook are always good since James Martin had some input. We like the fact that the seat recline button is slightly hidden, so most people don't realize it's there which means you're less likely to have a seat in your face all flight. On the return flight we were delighted to find once again the A330 was taking us home, this time a much newer one, but again with the same great cabin refurbishment. However I did miss having the downstairs toilets on this aircraft, as the entrance to these is a good place to cross to the other isle to stretch your legs without having to climb over the people who have paid for extra legroom. All in all, great flights and looking forward to going longhaul with Thomas Cook Airlines in the spring.
Date FlownOctober 2015
Power Supply 12345

"plenty of legroom"

Premium economy seating on the newly refurbished Airbus A330 from Manchester to Las Vegas is very good. Plenty of legroom plus fold-down footrests. Tray tables are in the armrests, so you cannot lift up the armrest between seats, though. Comfort compares favourably to, even exceeds, that of Delta economy comfort. Ample overhead compartment space.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownOctober 2015
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"lots of legroom and space"

Refurbished Thomas Cook Airlines A321 with new seats, lots of legroom and personal space. Light, airy cabin and very clean both ways. Row 4 and 5 both had a great view of the IFE which was also fantastic, newer films both ways and just an all round good airline.
Aircraft TypeA321
Date FlownAugust 2015

"cramped and uncomfortable"

Leg room on the Thomas Cook Airlines Boeing 737-200 was very poor. Felt very cramped and uncomfortable on 3hr flight. I will avoid if at all possible in the future.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-200
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"felt really claustrophobic"

Row 18 was an absolute joke! No leg room at all. The person in front let their seat back and; it was almost touching my face. Sat in middle of a 3 seater and the guy on the outside was tall and couldn't sit comfortable at all, hence we were touching legs all the way home. The people in front weren't even told to put their seats upright for landing. Felt really claustrophobic!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seats do not recline which is good"

Boarding from Gatwick was smooth and quick, even after an hour delay. First impression of the cabin was oaky, the tray tables were dirty but that wasn't an issue. The seats do not recline which is good. We had lots of legroom due to the shape of the seats. Cabin crew were great and flight time was good.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 757-300
Date FlownAugust 2014
Seat Storage 12345

"Legroom is an absolute joke"

Legroom is an absolute joke. I'm only 5ft 10 and my girlfriend 5ft 6 so neither of us are excessively tall. A two hour flight is just tolerable anything more is torture. Even trying to drink a cup of coffee involves a level of physical dexterity that would have defeated Houdini. Removing four or five rows of seats and realigning the seats would give everybody a much more comfortable flight. I suppose money talks and if there weren't seat pitch regulations they would be squeezing in another five rows.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 757-200