Thomas Cook Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"most uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | The most uncomfortable flight to Tenerife! I am just over 6ft and my knees were hard pressed against the seat in front. A very numb bum at the end! Compounded by no complimentary drinks or food!
Date FlownSeptember 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"seats were most uncomfortable"

Not Verified | The seats were the most uncomfortable I have experienced and it’s a long haul flight, leg room was ok but seat hard and not much room between passengers - also no controllable aircon and it was hot a lot of passengers complaining. We wouldn’t fly with Thomas Cook again, doesn’t even come close to the Boeing 787. Couldn’t find how the seats reclined I didn’t see no seats reclined.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownAugust 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"Seat pitch is ridiculous"

Trip Verified | Seat pitch is ridiculous, I am 5'10'' and found it difficult to sit without my knees touching the seat in front. Ordered a meal which was good, but had to hold the meal up to my mouth to eat it, as with the tray down I literally couldn't move. Cabin staff very good. But a 4 hour flight, cramped up without enough room to read a newspaper or eat like a civilised being is not good.
Date FlownApril 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"warning about economy legroom"

Trip Verified | I agree with the comments on seat legroom or rather lack of. My husband is under six foot but struggled to actually get into his window seat. It’s a challenge to put the tray down without knocking the person next to you never mind trying to eat or drink from it. Trying to retrieve a small bag from under the seat in front is almost impossible. Having said all this the service and staff were excellent and have booked with TC long haul early next year this time in Premium economy-hope this doesn’t disappoint! Thomas Cook is an excellent airline & would only recommend to friends & family with a warning about economy legroom.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 757
Date FlownMarch 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"gap between the seats is shocking"

Not Verified | Return trip to Dalaman. Rarely use this airline and after my latest experience remember why. The seats are wide, the seatbelts ok but the gap between the seats is shocking. So much so that 50% of people on the plane were unable to use their tray table. You have to be a size 8! The overhead locker space is full with Cabin Crew bags and supplies for the flight. This includes their "reat idea of Air Shoppen where people can buy duty free in advance and get it bought to their seats. Major problem - it has to be stored somewhere and it's I the overhead locker space. It took over 1 hour to board the plane both ways because passengers struggled to sit in their seats find luggage space - one of crew complained about the size of the bags but these comply with TC regs,so you need to sort it TC.. Charge less for hold luggage, take a couple of rows of seats out on each side and stop Air Shoppen. It might make short term financial returns but it will damage your future ticket sales. Think twice about booking!
Date FlownMarch 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"never fly with Thomas Cook again"

Trip Verified | My wife and I recently flew from Manchester to Banjul and return with Thomas Cook (Condor) airlines, a 6.5 hr flight each way. I am 6ft 3 ins and both of these flights were absolute torture - I could not sit with my legs straight and actually got my knee wedged between the seats when the passengers in front reclined their seats. I tried to book extra leg room seats but was told there were none available. However on the return journey some passengers sat in allocated seats for take off then later were moved to economy plus seats at the front. I asked the cabin staff why they had moved, I was told they had pre-booked the seats. Why were they not sitting in these seats at take off, no explanation was given. I will never fly with Thomas Cook again and advise any one over 5ft 6ins to think a lot more than twice. They just want your money and disregard your comfort.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Storage 12345

"the seating is just the worst"

Trip Verified | Just flown back from Lanzarote today. Flight attendants were very good but the seating is just the worst I have ever encountered. I am not exactly tall at 6ft but I have never suffered a 3 hour plus flight in such an uncomfortable position. The seats are wafer thin and I spent the whole flight with my knees against the seat in front. When the passenger reclined that seat the pain became even worse! Bring on Easy Jet who have this type of travel off to a tee! Take my advice and avoid this airline at all cost if you want to arrive at your destination able to walk.
Seat Storage 12345

"the seats are so close together"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Avoid this airline like the plague if you want a comfortable flight. 4.45 hrs from Paphos to London of sheer hell, I am only 5’10 and slim so by no means a large traveller. The person sat next to me was also slim, we were continually banging elbows as the seats are so close together. No legroom, my knees were touching the seat back in front, no storage big enough to keep anything but a slim wallet, table too small to fit meal and drink on and be able to eat. Best of all the seat in front reclines to give you even less room, let alone be able to get up to go to the loo. Fantastic clean new planes and excellent staff but this cannot make up for the sheer lack of room, it’s a joke. First and last time with Thomas cook, makes other budget carriers feel like business class

"most uncomfortable airline"

Unverified | This is the most uncomfortable airline I've ever flown. 5 hrs with my legs rammed up against the sea in front. Very unpleasant. This airline charges more per seat than the low cost airlines and enjoys a higher occupancy. Great for profits, not so good for passengers. Avoid if at all possible.
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"changed our seats without notification"

Verified Review | Four times this year over different flights Thomas Cook Airlines have changed our seats without notification moving us from paid extra leg room seats to normal, with a simple "you will have to claim your money back". Will not be flying with them again, customer service extremely poor.
Date FlownSeptember 2017