Thai Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (Malaysia)

Good flight experience, professional cabin crew. Comfort for both long and short haul flight. The flight attendant are so nice that their service is just excellent. A friend of mine was asked whether to have some drink and were offered more than two times with different choices. The meal provided are not excellent but choice are various which is good for passenger to choose. BKK to ZRH TG970 on 21 June 2015.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownJune 2015
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United Kingdom)

53K emergency exit seat but beware! Because of the block in the closing door you cannot stretch your legs and so you stay 11 hours with you thigh-knee-leg at right angles. Its not acceptable to even offer this seat but I had to pay extra. Its crazy don't understand this one at all the seat should be banned in current configuration.

Review by (Sweden)

I was sitting at seat 31B this row is located at the main entrance door. Legroom was ok because the location at the exit. But due to the fold-in ptv in the armrest the console for the handset is located on the side of the armrest taking almost 5 centimeters of the seat width. The console also had hard edges that made very painful to sit in the chair during takeoff and landing. I spent a 10 hour flight sitting on the edge of the seat and standing in the aisle. Tried to change the seat but it was not possible because the flight was fully booked. This flight was a total disaster and looking for another airlines for future bookings. Look carefully at your seat assignment and beware of the exit row seats on the 747s that have the refurbished cabins with PTVs. These seats are not suitable even for normally built persons!

Review by (Singapore)

I was quite astonished that TG use a long range aircraft just for a 1h 50mins flight. The plane was new and currently the airline owns 8 of this aircraft. Food & seats satisfactory. PTV was superb as it was one of the latest versions. Toilet was clean. However for once I was disappointed with the efficiency of flight attendants. They served and collected the meals late to the extent that when the trays were cleared the plane was already descending.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300ER
Seat Layout3x3x3

Review by (Switzerland)

One of the most generous seat pitch on the older aircraft. The seat is very comfortable allowing a great recline and space between you and your neighbor seat. PTV is not the top class. The service from cabin attendants is impressive however they can be too talkative to their colleagues during duties.

Review by (Australia)

Could not believe that Thai still fly a clapped out old 747 out of Sydney to Bangkok - no in seat entertainment lacklustre cabin crew in stained uniforms (certainly a far cry from the very beautiful Thai cabin crew we were used to seeing!) and to top it all off a absolute disregard for any passenger safety - a young child was allowed to carry a hot cup of tea down the aisle which was spilt on my husbands seat (lucky he was not in it at the time!) and on my leg (ouch!) ... NO-ONE came to respond when I pressed the help button so I found myself making my own way to the galley to find some paper towel while the so called 'cabin crew' were socialising amongst themselves! We also witnessed the cabin crew telling other passengers to wait to use the toilet while they changed their clothes. Never again Thai!

Review by (United Kingdom)

Why did I not read the reviews here before I booked my flight? Last time I flew Thai Airways was 10 years ago and I was cheesed off then because they had no in flight entertainment on the back of the seats. 10 years later nothing has changed.

Review by (Australia)

The review is not so much about the seating facility rather the seats allocated my partner and I flew Thai TG 481 Bangkok to Perth on a Q class fare according to all the info I have from Thai a Q class fare brings certain entitlements including seating no further back than row 50 and also air miles accrual if a frequent flyer. On check in we were dumped into row 63 the last row against the toilets these are seats normally set aside for V or W class fare passengers - and in this instance Thai cabin crew. It comes down quite clearly to a case of Thai overselling the flight. There is little point in paying extra or a full fare if it doesn't mean better seating.
Aircraft TypeA330-300