Swiss Intl Air Lines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (Switzerland) 30th May 2015

On RJ100 the seat rows 7/8/9/10 offer no space for luggage in the cabin. Seat 6F the view is obstructed by the engine and noisy. If you have to put your luggage under the seat you have no more space for your feet.
Aircraft TypeRJ100
Seat Layout2x3

Review by (United Kingdom) 30th May 2015

I am in Seat 11b Zurich to LHR. For some reason Swiss in their infinite wisdom put A319 in old seat fit out on Friday pm Heathrow flight. Seat pitch is terrible combined with gate staff taking all small 2nd bags for hold even when website clearly states 2 items of hand luggage!! Don't use Swiss if ur a time conscious and cost conscious business traveller- there are better other carriers! Having used Swiss for years - disappointed.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A319

Review by (Switzerland) 19th November 2014

My worst ever experience with a non low-cost carrier. I flew from ZRH to SIN and the 12 hours were a nightmare. No leg space uncomfortable seat reclining position not worth mentioning. I am a frequent flyer - only on one occasion I had a worse seating: with a low-cost carrier from BCN to ZHR. Swiss: Never again!
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340

Review by (Switzerland) 19th November 2014

Although less comfortable than at the times of Swissair Swiss has fairly good economy seats on their A320 fleet. They are much better compared to many other airlines in Europe (Lufthansa SAS Air France) and simply superior in comparison to United's domestic fleet. The seats are thin leather seats with a reasonable recline the only real negative point is the lack of larger armrests. Hopefully they will go back to the classic large seats they used to have that still provided much comfort in a 3x3 configuration. *Note: no PTV enjoy the view of the Alps!
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320

Review by (Switzerland) 19th November 2014

Great flight GVA-JFK on one of the Swiss A330. Had read many negative reviews here and was afraid to fly longhaul with Swiss until I actually tried and have to say I was very positively surprised. IFE was good as well.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330

Review by (Australia) 19th November 2014

Most uncomfortable flight ever. Seated in 24A due to large box under 23A only room for 1 foot under seat . This seat only suitable for a child. Seats far too narrow and hard.

Review by (United States) 23rd July 2014

Seat 21d had very insufficient legroom I am 6'1½" tall. It did not help that I had an obnoxious co- passenger in 20d who insisted on putting his seat in a fully back reclining position for most of the flight despite being advised by me that I had long legs and he was pushing on them. For some of the flight Zurich-Athens I had my feet and lower legs in the aisle but that interfered with passenger and cart traffic as well it was an uncomfortable physical position. I was told by the crew that all European airlines use the same seating layout on 321s. For the record the first leg BOS-Zurich on an Airbus 330-300 was fine seating adequate. On both legs the service was fine.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A321

Review by (Spain) 23rd July 2014

Economy class is a joke! Leg room almost inexistent. Super restricted under seat storage. Using the table in front of me was a struggle during the 8 hour flight over the Atlantic. Even though I booked an aisle seat I had a hard time getting up and sitting down. Poor interior layout... How do they expect people to fly with Swiss again?? Never never again. This airline used to be OK now it is similar to the low level institutions in the industry. Rude flight attendants I do not know if it is the so called Swiss attitude but they are not service oriented. By the way the crowd in the plane was weird. Mostly old people perhaps a sign or a symptom? Stay away at all cost!
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-300

Review by (Spain) 23rd July 2014

Incredibly cramped and uncomfortable. The seats are narrow and hard leg room is very limited. To add insult to injury this is also the worst food I've ever had on a long haul flight! Staff however were pleasant and courteous. Their own short haul plane was a massive improvement in all respects. Seems very illogical to me.

Review by (Switzerland) 23rd July 2014

I am 186 m (6ft 1inch) tall and flew on Swiss LX092 and 093 ZRH-GRU-ZRH. The seats in Swiss Economy are not suitable for people over 160 m. The space between the rows is so small that my knees touched the seat in front. In that position I could not see anything on the video-screen. When the front seat reclined the tray laid on my belly. You cannot recline the seat back to a decent rest position. Moreover the seat is very narrow forcing you to maintain permanently a straight seating position. The seats are not too bad but not sufficiently comfortable for a flight of over 10 hours under these conditions. On the return flight there was a box in my legroom underneath the seat in front which took half of my legroom. I could only place one foot under the front seat next to the box the other had to stay in the aisle which led to permanent problems with trolleys and other guests when passing my seat row. It was impossible to sleep and my legs and my back started aching after a few hours. I complained shortly after we left Sao Paulo but the Purser was not able and to my impression not willing to find a remedy. Admittedly the economy class was full but business was not. In any case it is brazenness to sell these seats as regular economy seats which are already very uncomfortable but it is torcher to place a grown up in such a seat on long distance.