Top 100 Airlines

Spirit Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats are uncomfortable"

The seats are uncomfortable, tight for a man who is 5'9", height and weight proportional and the back of the seats are so thin that you have no padding. Anyone, a small child (prevalent on these economy flights due to their low cost) tapping, or otherwise touching your seat is immediately noticeable. The seats do not recline. Since the flights are usually sold out there is very little possibility of not having someone next to you. Very disappointing.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"how bad this was"

Spirit Airlines A320 was horrible - and that is the best thing I can say about this up and coming airline! Cannot believe I even had to give them a 1, because it wouldn't take a zero. By the way this is the first time I have ever done a review for anything. That should tell you how bad this was for me and my wife,
Aircraft TypeA320
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"comfortable for an hour or two"

The seats weren't extremely comfortable. It's a good thing I'm only 5'7". I was the only one sitting in my row without my knees jammed into the seat in front of them. The seat itself wasn't too bad. I could be comfortable for an hour or two, but any longer and it would feel cramped.
Aircraft TypeA320
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"the seats are comfortable"

Spirit Airlines A319s still have the 'older' style seats that have moveable headrests and recline. The seats are comfortable, but are very cramped for anyone over 5'8". My knees were touching the seat in front of me. However, for the price I'll put up with the cramped space for a few hours. Spirit does not offer Wi-Fi or any IFE, so there are no big boxes under the seat taking legroom - are we really that much of an addiction society that we need IFE and Wi-Fi on planes??
Aircraft TypeA319
Seat Layout3X3
Date FlownJune 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"had no problems whatsoever getting comfortable"

I'm 5' 10" (but very skinny) and I had no problems whatsoever getting comfortable. On my way to my destination (PHL-ORD) my seat did not recline, but space was adequate. On the way back (ORD-PHL) the seat did recline, and again I was comfortable. The seats were moderately worn/ugly and not particularly cushy (especially the backrest) but the headrests do move around a bit. Perfectly acceptable for short flights; I'd keep it to a max of maybe 4 hours, any more than that and you probably won't be comfortable.
Aircraft TypeA319
Date FlownJune 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"my knees remained wedged"

I fly at least 3-5 times a year for at least the past 20 years. This was by far the worst experience as far as airline seat comfort I've experienced to date. The leg room was so little that my knees remained wedged against the seat in front of me the entire time when the girl sat in the middle seat she said " wow thankfully I'm not claustrophobic ". The seat was so uncomfortable that I wouldn't fly this airline again for free.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A319
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

Spirit Airlines

Guide Icon

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]