SilkAir

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the leg space is very small"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | SilkAir was a second consideration for us instead of taking AirAsia to Singapore/Garuda. However I was met with seats that I found the most uncomfortable especially during take-off and cruise. Upon arriving at our seat of 23B/C/D/F for our trip to Singapore we found out that the overhead storage bins were very small and people took most of the space during boarding. I've been on different airlines flying with their Boeing 737-800 (Such as Air France, Lion Air) they provide big overhead storage bins however SilkAir contains possibly one of the smallest ones. The seat is barely comfortable and the leg space is very small so your legs are squeezed in. You do not really have space and the wight of the seat is for your average skinny person. I would personally like to see their seats bigger, more leg space and maybe reduce their business class as it is barely full.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800NG
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Seats are very narrow"

Verified Review | Seats are very narrow with limited seat pitch and legroom, similar to budget airlines. Very disappointing for a carrier that brands itself as 'the regional wing of Singapore Airlines'. Seats are also very worn and tattered and uncomfortable for the 3-6 hour flights that SilkAir operates.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Date FlownDecember 2016
Power Supply 12345

"plenty of legroom"

I was seated on the emergency exit row, and hence plenty of legroom. The seat is comfortable and covered in soothing brown colour which gives travellers and passengers a calming feeling when coming onboard of the plane. For Economy class, the seat is wide, ie. Horizontally it has plenty of room for passengers. Overall the flight is comfortable and I could see myself going on short haul destinations on this aircaft. Although I expect the future of A319 and A320 to come with USB port for charging and built-in screen for entertainment purpose.
Aircraft TypeA320-200
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seat was comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Took SilkAir again from SIN-SUB and SUB-SIN on MI225/226. The new WIFI Inflight entertainment was very nice and there is a booklet to tell us how to connect and it is helpful - although you may be confused for first time user. They also played shows on the overhead screens (without sounds though). Seat was comfortable and with good recline and plenty of legroom for tall people.
Aircraft TypeA320-200
Date FlownSeptember 2014
Viewing Tv Screen 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"it was a pleasant journey"

Took Silkair for the first time from HAN-SIN on MI653. Before the aircraft took off the FA walked down the aisle with wet towels which was pleasant. After the seat belt signs were off the FA came around for drinks - water beer or orange juice. I was trying out their new WIFI inflight entertainment and encountered some problems but the FA was very helpful and helped troubleshoot the problem and I got my entertainment on my phone! They also played shows on the overhead screens (without sounds though). Food was good. After meals the FA came around with coffee/tea and another round of drinks before landing. Although the flight was slightly delayed it was a pleasant journey and I would fly with them again.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320-200