Top 100 Airlines

SAS Scandinavian

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"didn't feel any discomfort"

Old model of Boeing 737 aircraft, no entertainment system, but at least with power supply, luckily the seat still well maintain, and the recliner still work, legroom enough for me! Surprisingly I didn't feel any discomfort.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownMarch 2016

"compressed seat pitch"

Premium Economy is somewhat of a misnomer, as I flew in the SAS Plus seating area. Same coach seat (SAS uses thinline seats that have minimal padding. No blocked middle seat. The pluses were my seat was up front (row 2), the snacks were free, and I had access to a lounge in Oslo. SAS crams more than 140 seats into its 73G aircraft. Start off with compressed seat pitch coupled with thinline seats. Then eliminate the forward coat closet. And finally, best of all, eliminate the forward lav. That's right - on a plane with more than 140 seats, there are only two lavs, both in the rear of the plane. When the carts are in the aisle, forget about answering nature's call. I should add that there is no wifi on the 73G, nor is there any audio or video - nothing to keep you entertained other than staring at the head of the person in front of you. I suppose that for a 90-minute flight the seats are something you can tolerate. And the cost of the Plus ticket wasn't as bad as paying for the blocked seat Business Class product KLM and BA use.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-700
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"good legroom"

(Sweden)

SAS Plus Premium Economy with upgraded A330 is very good. Flew Stockholm to New York on October 12 in SAS Plus. It was with the new cabin. Very good service. Good legroom and a good range of entertainment.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"best economy seats I have experienced"

(Belgium)

Best economy seats I have experienced in a long time. The entertainment box under the seat is gone, leaving room for a full stretch of my legs and I am fairly tall. I was in a middle seat. All in all a good and big improvement from the old economy seat.
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"would have appreciated the respect I deserved"

When we purchased our tickets, we were told that we would have 'bulkhead seating' for extra legroom if we paid $35 per seat per leg of our journey. I did this for four adults and explained that my father and I both had mobility issues and needed extra legroom. Once on the plane, we found that our boarding passes led us to the center four seats with no extra legroom. This occurred on both of the roundtrip segments. When I complained at the time of seating, I was told that the plane was full and the only extra leg space would have been the exit row, which we (understandably) were not eligible to sit it with disabilities. When we returned home, the person on the phone rudely told me that no extra leg room seats were available - and when I explained that I had an extra receipt showing that I had indeed paid the price - she replied that I would be refunded the money.. However, I wanted the service and I would have appreciated the respect that I deserved.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Seat Layout2X4X2
Date FlownJune 2015

"I was able to sleep"

Premium Economy gives priority seating access to the SAS lounge fast security lines if boarding in Denmark Sweden Norway. Somewhat better than economy meals free drinks (including alcoholic). I was able to sleep in the seat though I might have wished for lumbar support and more recline.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340
Seat Layout2x3x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"the seats were a horror"

First time I flew SAS and I was disappointed all the way around. I fly transcontinental often so have lots of flights to compare with. The flight out of Newark to Oslo was awful all the way around especially made worse by the seats. The seats were a horror. Never again!
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-300
Seat Layout3x4x3
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"these seats were not good"

These seats were not good. We were in row 34 of the economy section of the plane and we were very cramped. There is also no air vents and it was very warm in the cabin.

"seat pitch was smaller"

(Denmark)

We were the last row 42G/H. The seat pitch was smaller than those of the other seats in the aircraft.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"a lot of foot space and comfort"

When booking on International flights with SAS Airbus A340/A330 aircraft. You have seat selection with your booking. Book 31 A and B (vice versa on other side of aircraft) which is near exit door. A lot of foot space and comfort.
Aircraft TypeA340-300