Ryanair

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"con you out of money to sit together"

Trip Verified | I’ve just checked in with Ryanair for the two of us and have selected their “Free” random seating, I have been given a seat in row 10 and my partner a seat in row 22! When I then try to go and change the seats the seats either side of us on each row are free and we can sit next to each other for a fee. Why could the random seating not seat us together when there are all these two seats together which are free? Oh, it’s because Ryanair want to con you out of more money to sit together! Not even your your children are safe from this con as you have to pay to sit next to them. No other airline has stooped as low as Ryanair! Also if you decide to sit next to a loved one the cost of the seat is considerably higher than if you sit say 2-3 rows behind, so they even increase the seat fee to sit right next to them, Ryanair you have no morels! I would suggest that you definitely do not pay the fee con and instead on boarding the aircraft during boarding stand in the aisles and ask other passengers with the same problem as there are many to try and swap with you, as there will be lots of you doing this it will slow down the boarding and cause issues for Ryanair but why should you care? It is Ryanair that has changed their seating process and caused you more stress so this is how we now have to sort it out!
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"purposely allocate seats apart"

(Spain)

Verified Review | We flew from Leeds to Alicante. I checked in on line 3 minutes after it opened. I did not wish to pre purchase seats as we had just paid £69.99 for each seat.They allocated 15E for me & 28E for my wife. When I was seated there was the window seat next to me & the window seat on the opposite row both vacant. I have emailed Ryan air 3 times now suggesting that their policy has changed & they purposely allocate seats apart so you will pay the extra money. They have replied but not answered the seat allocation problem. We fly to the Uk about every 6 weeks but no more with this airline.
Date FlownNovember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"most uncomfortable flying experience"

Verified Review | Absolutely terrible. I'm 6'4" and even on an aisle seat, I couldn't fit my knees behind the seat in front. The seats don't recline at all either, the cushions are rock hard and the upholstery is so slippery that you slip down all the time. By far in a way the most uncomfortable flying experience I've ever had. Will never use them again.
Date FlownAugust 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"you are deliberately separated"

Unverified | The worst airline I have ever flown with. What kind of customer service is it when you are deliberately separated from the person you are travelling with. My partner and I recently travelled from Manchester to Krakow and desite checking in at the earliest possible time on the outbound flight I was right at the back sandwiched between two random people and my partner was right at the front. On our return flight despite an empty seat next to me I was at the front and my partner at the back. This is supposed to be random there is nothing random about it, this is deliberate. I am only 5 foot 2 inches in height and as you can imagine trying to get my luggage into the hold is difficult for me I rely on my partner to help me. Of course no cabin staff was available to ask and had to embarrassingly ask another passenger for assistance. Apart from that no other complaints but why cant Ryanair just be nice to their customers not only that by splitting people up causes disruption boarding and unboarding the plane and as a result on our outward flight we missed our flight slot for take off due to passengers taking longer to board.
Date FlownJuly 2017

"squashed and uncomfortable"

Unverified | I hadn't flown Ryanair for a good number of years and had forgotten how dire the experience was. The seats are so squashed and uncomfortable you can barely move and because you can't recline the seat or have any leg room to stretch out you can't even look out of the windows in a window seat! I got back ache on holiday because of the uncomfortable flight. Then there's that horrible yellow interior, just dreadful. I'm in my 40s now and realise that a bit of comfort when travelling is worth paying for.
Date FlownApril 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"no luggage space over this row"

(Poland)

I took two flights with Ryanair in a week, first from Warsaw to Tenerife and then from Tenerife to Linz, and I was assigned to the seat 33A on both flights. The seat is the very last one in the corner. The legroom does not differ significantly from the others on any Ryanair aircraft. Nor do any seats recline at all. The main problem, I suppose, is that there are no luggage space over this row (33) on their aircraft. Besides, it sometimes happens that the smell from the toilets come to the cabin. For example, it did happen on the second flight to Linz.
Date FlownDecember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"no real problems with leg room"

Have no real problems with Ryanair leg room or seat width (unless someone large is sitting beside me) as both my wife and myself are under 5ft 8ins. Also am glad that the seats do not recline as I have travelled on charter flights in the past almost pinned in my seat by the reclined seat in front. However, neither my wife and I are keen on Ryanair's so-called leather seats, as we find that after a couple of hours we start to stick to them and they become increasingly uncomfortable. The absence of a seat pocket is a mixed blessing: while there is nowhere to store the things one wants to be at hand on the flight, at least you don't get banged in the back by the person behind fumbling in his / her seat pocket.
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"not the comfiest of seats"

(Greece)

Not the comfiest of seats. However I like the fact that there is no reclining option for the passenger in front to make your trip more uncomfortable. Good option
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"knees jammed into my back"

Adjustable airline seats cause too many problems with a thoughtless passenger reclining his/her seat so much that they are almost lying on the person behind them. However the Ryanair legroom is far too small. I am a small person (5'3") but my knees are up to the seat in front. On my last flight I had a guy of about 6'1" behind me and his knees were constantly jammed into my back. He could not help it. There should be a seat 'area' that all planes and all airlines have to use.
Date FlownOctober 2015

"feel very uncomfortable"

(Philippines)

Seats are too close and uncomfortable, you cannot move them front or back, you must seat like a soldier standing still. Even in sort flights you feel very uncomfortable on those seats.
Date FlownSeptember 2015