Best Cabin Crew

Qantas Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seat was very comfortable"

(Hong Kong)

I found a very good promotional offer for flying Qantas Premium Economy vs Economy. The seat recline is not as much as I was expecting, but the seat itself was very comfortable. The design is very appealing. The comfort is higher than the hard-shell premium economy seats of some European airlines. The entertainment system is on a screen to pull-out, that makes it more flexible in terms of adjustment. And the size of the screen is pretty good. Response to the touch could be better. On the upper deck of the A380 there are also some additional storing spaces below the window, they are very spacious and extremely convenient. Given the price it was totally worth it!
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"a comfy flight"

(Hong Kong)

Legroom and seat width were fine, TV screen was very good and sensitive. However the USB charger didn't work at all, not just my seat but many others as well. The recline was really good and comfy but beware if you are very tall, you might get trapped. I highly recommend row 44, it's a small little cabin where you can recline once after takeoff and during meal time as exit is right behind without disturbing the others. Also the seat can recline as much as others! I also found the net leg rest very comfort and much more better than the movable leg rest. Note that the lavatories are right next to it but I did not find it annoying as the queue was next to the exit door. Was a comfy flight.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownDecember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"legroom is non existent"

Horrendous seat space, and terrible design. I was shocked with how small the seat area was - the seats are very narrow (I usually fly an A320 on the same route, and although the seat is only an inch wider, can you notice it). Not only are the seats narrow, but the legroom is non existent. My knees were jammed hard up against the seat in front, and with the design of the seat where if you recline the seat bottom pivots forward, there was no possible way of finding comfort. To add to this, the seat back design has almost no padding, leading my to get muscle spasms just under an hour into the flight - gee it was a fun 4 hours.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3x3
Seat Storage 12345

"never choose this seat again"

Upperdeck / Exit Row with Extra Leg Room (90$ additionally). 35J/K The Seats were good very comfortable, but because of the missing window and the temperature of this area I would never choose this seat again. I thought this area could be noiser than the standard economy area in the main deck, but there is no difference!

"spacing is appalling"

(Malaysia)

Seat spacing is appalling for an international overnight flight, seat pads are thin and after a few hours all our bottoms were aching. Reading lights switch on arm rest triggers lights, with lights flicking on all night. Not what I expect from a full fare airline!!!
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x4x2

"seat pitch is terrible"

New refurbished seat on A330-300 (red coloured seat). Seat width is OK, but pitch is terrible. Power point and USB charger are available. They provide a net footrest which I don't find it useful as all as I couldn't utilise it to rest my leg. IFE screen was pretty large with touchscreen function.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"recommend for longer flights"

(Hungary)

I had a flight to Melbourne from Dubai this July. The flight attendants were nice, kind and very professional. The plane was not full I sat next to the window and there was no one next to me. The leg space was fine with me as well as the seat itself. It was comfortable. The onboard entertainment fantastic! I was surprised after the flight with the Emirates (which was good) that the Qantas system was better. The food was okay, not the best I had but enough. I would recommend Qantas for longer flights but not short ones because those are not the best.
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"comfort was far from what we expect"

Our recent economy flight from Perth to Adelaide was undoubtedly one of the worst both in terms of value for money and comfort and was far from what we expect from a national airline. The seats were hard and small with very limited leg room. The on board catering was inedible (we generally can eat anything, but not this time ). The coffee was cold and staff generally showed little enthusiasm for service. No more Qantas for us !!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownNovember 2015

"spacious and comfortable"

SYD-LAX. Boarding was very smooth, and the cabin was about half full. In-flight entertainment was excellent and the food selection was good too. The cabin crew were nice and attentive. The seat was spacious and comfortable, probably the best premium economy seat I've flown. The quietness made it easy to sleep too. Very enjoyable.
Aircraft TypeA380-800
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"ideal for my long legs"

Flew Qantas SYD-JNB and return. On the westbound flight had seat 49A on one of the older Boeing 747-400s with the older IFE equipment. The usual torture of a 14 hour flight in Y but Qantas seemed to have lifted their cabin service in long haul compared to a few years ago. On the return I had pre selected seat 70A which was ideal for my long legs, with a sizeable gap between the seat and the window. This gap was an ideal place to stow excess pillows and blankets. Meal service seemed poorer on the eastbound flight, but plane had been refurbished with new IFE. One annoying thing with Qantas IFE is that the software doesn't allow you to play a CD album without clicking play after the previous track has finished, meaning you can't chill out to some music. USB power supply did not work on return flight (not fitted on outbound flight). I have found from other Qantas flights that their IFE USB to connect to ones' own device does not work for Android devices
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400