Monarch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (United Kingdom) 31st July 2015

We travelled Gatwick to Funchal and found staff both outward and inward flight were very good. We did not order food on the flight. Downside we were delayed on the ouward and inward bound flights - air traffic at Gatwick and weather at Funchal on the way home. For a short haul and cheap break I would recommend Monarch.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Date Flown30-07-2015
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th January 2014

I wasn't expecting much legroom but this was pretty bad. I'm 5'11 my partner 5'8 and we were very cramped. When passengers in front reclined there was little room for my head and it was nearly impossible to get up and out. If I had to fly with Monarch again I'd definitely pay for extra legroom.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320-200

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th January 2013

Well done Monarch - these are the most comfortable economy class seats I have experienced in a long time. Thomson/Thomas Cook please copy.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

Review by 5th April 2011

If you have to fly economy you could do worse than this. That said at 5'9" and heavy on the hips I found the seats very narrow and the legroom appalling. If you use this company definitely get aisle seats where the layout changes from 3x3x3 to 2x3x2 at the rear. These have a good couple of inches more room than their counterparts throughout the rest of the plane. Makes a huge difference. As for being able to make the brace position in any seat absolutely impossible even for a child. You get what you pay for and I didn't pay very much so can't expect the royal treatment!
Aircraft TypeA300
Seat Layout2x3x2

Review by 5th April 2011

Aircraft TypeA300

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st August 2010

We opted for extra legroom seats and got 10 b/c each way - these are just by the main door so have unlimited legroom - well worth the upgrade as the normal Monarch seats are painful and I wouldn't fancy 5 minutes in them never mind 4 hours which is what some people had to endure.
Aircraft TypeB757-200

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st August 2010

Aircraft TypeB757-200

Review by (United Kingdom) 9th January 2009

We thankfully paid for extra legroom seats on both legs of our short journey to alicante and were in row 13 EF outbound and 10 DE inbound. The legroom on the inbound was flight was better than some premier economy seats and there were only 2 seats together. Looking at the economy standard seats I wouldn't fancy even 30 minutes in them.
Aircraft TypeA321/A320

Review by (United Kingdom) 9th January 2009

Aircraft TypeA321/A320

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th January 2009

I have flown many hours with many airlines but never in such discomfort as on these flights from Manchester to Cyprus return. I am 6 ft of slim build and it was impossible to position my legs in the normal forward position. When the person in front reclined and I didn't it was impossible to use the seat back tray. It was impossible to achieve the brace position which makes a mockery of Monarch's pictorial display on its safety video. I will not fly Monarch again until I see that they have made an effort to provide adequate room for the normally proportioned and I advise others to think very carefully unless they are of small stature.
Aircraft TypeA321