Best Cabin Crew

Lufthansa

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"would recommend the seat"

(Poland)

I don't have a lot to say - this Lufthansa seat was very comfortable. The legroom was good, but there could always be 1-2 inches more. Seat width was very good. In my opinion only the storage was 3/5, because the space that it offered was too small, but despite this I would recommend the seat.
Aircraft TypeEmbraer E195
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownAugust 2015

"a box under my seat"

Extremely uncomfortable flight from Johannesburg to Frankfurt. I was in seat E and had to contend with a box under my seat which prevented me from sitting with both legs facing the same direction. There is little head support and seats themselves are thinly padded. The aircraft looks impressive from the outside but a massive lack of space and comfort for the economy class passenger.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-8
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"seat was comfortable"

For the flight from Tokyo Haneda to Munich we were in premium economy - when I asked at counter they gave us Premium economy ticket for free. The seat was comfortable, the incline was good and my girlfriend could sleep this time. If you have the budget for Premium Economy you should take it.
Aircraft TypeA340-600
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownAugust 2015

"seat very comfortable "

(Greece)

Flew with Lufthansa a month ago. The A330-300 seat was very comfortable and from leather, there was lots of legroom and there was a good amount of recline. The width was very good. The view to the TV was pretty good, I could see it clearly, and there also was a power supply which I liked. The access to the aisle was easy. Pretty good seat overall.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Date FlownJanuary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"quite nice and comfortable choice"

I like the 2x4x2 configuration on the Lufthansa A330/340 aircraft. It gives you a bit more privacy when traveling as a couple. The legroom was quite OK and the seats were reclining nicely. Yet, when the person in front of you reclines it makes it really hard to get out of your seat. Overall however, a quite nice and comfortable choice for long haul travels.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Seat Storage 12345

"generous recline incompatible with pitch"

(New Zealand)

Over generous recline is incompatible with pitch. The person in front had fully reclined their seat (which really isn't necessary) as there isn't enough pitch between the seats to make this angle of sleeping comfortable unless you have a bulkhead seat. I had a window seat which meant that when I tried to exit during the night I found it almost impossible. I am not a big person (weight 71 kgs). Eventually after realizing that I was unable to stand, I had to wake my husband, get him to sit up, lift my derriere onto the armrest, swivel around, finally managing to extricate myself. Definitely not worth the price we paid.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Storage 12345

"recline is incompatible with the pitch"

(New Zealand)

Lufthansa Premium Economy is an interesting proposition. Seat is comfortable but the generous recline is incompatible with the pitch. It requires a mountaineer to exit a window seat when the incumbent in front is fully reclined. This also adversely affects the viewing of the tv screen. When the seat in front is fully reclined it is almost unusable.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Storage 12345

"enough leg room for a comfortable sleep"

For a 1.90m tall and big man, I really felt relived when sitting in the new premium economy seats for the first time. Seats are wide and there is enough leg room for a comfortable sleep. Screens are bigger than in economy and seats can be pushed back further for extra sleeping comfort. Good product.
Aircraft TypeA340
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownJuly 2015

"seats are comfortable"

(Hong Kong)

Boeing 747-8i HKG-FRA-HKG in Premium Economy of LH and its a great products. Seats are comfortable and offer the right amount of space. Also compared to other Premium Economy airlines (CX, TK, BA etc.) LH plays in the top league. Legroom is good compared to other carriers, seat-pitch is good, IFE is great, and the service / food offered is all a good value for money. The only weird point on the Lufthansa Premium Economy is that its locked between two Economy class cabin areas and the passengers were quite confused - seeing some of the nice Premium Economy seats are empty and they can't sit there (as Cabin crew explained them only against paying a charge etc.) A better location or clear partition would be nicer.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-8i
Date FlownJune 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"narrow and thinly padded"

(Brazil)

I've just had the worst flight experience over the last 20 years. GRU-MUN flight of June 5 on Lufthansa's A340-600 was ok. My friend and I managed to get joint seats on one side of the plane. Legroom was fine though the seats were kind of narrow and thinly padded. Our flight back on a Boeing 747-8, however, was a nightmare all thanks to the seats being even narrower, the legroom non-existent, no to mention these metal boxes attached to the floor right under the seat in front of you, which reduced your legroom even more. Initially I got bulkhead seat (18F) in the 4-seat row. If you think the regular seats are narrow, wait until you see the bulkhead ones. Because the armrests are fixed your legs are literally squeezed. I looked behind me and there was a vacant middle seat to which I moved right before take off. But that didn't do it either. I called the staff to ask for an upgrade to the Premium Class but it cost 399 euros. So my colleague, who had an aisle seat on the same row, was nice enough to trade places with me so I could have a little more room. But sleeping is out of question on such seats. I practically got no sleep at all, just like some passengers who'd rather stand up during the whole flight than being squeezed on a seat. Food was nice and so was the crew, but I vow never to flight coach on Lufhansa again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-8