Top 100 Airlines

Lufthansa

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"enough legroom to stretch"

Flew on seat 18D both ways on the CRJ-900 between Leipzig and Munich. This is on of the four exit row seats in the middle of the airplane. You get enough legroom to stretch and a bar on the floor is supposed to give you something to fix your feed at. Due to the folded table in the armrest this seats are very narrow. On one of my flights I was able to move one row up to the front where my neighbor seat was empty. This gives you at least some extra room for your elbows. Otherwise you should better like your neighbor or win the fight for the armrest.
Aircraft TypeCRJ-900
Date FlownMarch 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"average width and comfort"

14F is an exit row/window seat on Lufthansa Embraer 90 with lots of extra space for the legs (at least 20 cm I would guess). The arm rest in the seat towards the window is very short and a bit uncomfortable. As compensation there is a long arm rest attached to the emergency door. This compensates for the lack of support from the arm rest in the seat. Otherwise seats have average width and comfort for a standard economy seat in Europe. The Embraer 90 seems to be a bit noisier than other airplanes of this size (especially so close to the engines like on 14F).
Aircraft TypeEMB90
Date FlownMarch 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"extra space for my long legs"

During online check-in about 20 hours before departure I caught (probably due to my Star Alliance Gold status) the nice exit row seat 10E on Lufthansa A321 with just one regular neighbor to the right and a seat for a flight attendant left from me. It was nice to have almost one meter of space during a 6am flight from BCN to FFM. Seat is a bit narrow due to the table in the armrest. But I can live with this downside if I get extra space for my long legs. I would prefer this seat over 10F because that seat does not have a window and so feels a bit claustrophobic compared to 10E.
Aircraft TypeA321
Seat Layout3x3
Seat Storage 12345

"the space is so limited"

Seat 5F was directly "behind the curtain" before business class starts. Usually I avoid window seats especially in the first row of economy as I am a tall guy and prefer the freedom to stretch a bit a the aisle with some air around me. This flight was cramped and so I decided to take something in front of economy at least to get in and out quickly. It was great that I could take advantage of my Start Alliance Gold status and entered the airplane early enough to find a spot in the overhead bin for my trolley. Later the big search for space started and my neighbors were not allowed to use the space right in front of us because it was dedicated for business passengers only. I had to work on my laptop during the flight and that was almost impossible as the space is so limited. When my neighbor also started to work I had to stop doing so. Next time I will choose the aisle again.
Aircraft TypeA321
Seat Layout3x3
Seat Storage 12345

"tray was so close to my body"

We've long been fans of Lufthansa, but not sure we will continue to be as I found the new seat intolerable. I was in the window seat, my son in the middle, and husband on aisle. The person in front of me had her seat fully reclined the entire way, which made of my seat a little prison for the 8 hours of the trip. It was impossible to reach down to the ground to get something out of my carry-on. Impossible to use a knife and fork during dinner as the tray was so close to my body (the flight attendant didn't want to wake the passenger to bring her seat upright as she was asleep). Absolutely impossible to use a laptop. All one can do is stare at the video screen which is about 12 inches from one's face.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Layout3x4x3
Seat Storage 12345

"would recommend the seat"

(Poland)

I don't have a lot to say - this Lufthansa seat was very comfortable. The legroom was good, but there could always be 1-2 inches more. Seat width was very good. In my opinion only the storage was 3/5, because the space that it offered was too small, but despite this I would recommend the seat.
Aircraft TypeEmbraer E195
Date FlownAugust 2015

"a box under my seat"

Extremely uncomfortable flight from Johannesburg to Frankfurt. I was in seat E and had to contend with a box under my seat which prevented me from sitting with both legs facing the same direction. There is little head support and seats themselves are thinly padded. The aircraft looks impressive from the outside but a massive lack of space and comfort for the economy class passenger.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-8
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"seat was comfortable"

For the flight from Tokyo Haneda to Munich we were in premium economy - when I asked at counter they gave us Premium economy ticket for free. The seat was comfortable, the incline was good and my girlfriend could sleep this time. If you have the budget for Premium Economy you should take it.
Aircraft TypeA340-600
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownAugust 2015
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

"seat very comfortable "

(Greece)

Flew with Lufthansa a month ago. The A330-300 seat was very comfortable and from leather, there was lots of legroom and there was a good amount of recline. The width was very good. The view to the TV was pretty good, I could see it clearly, and there also was a power supply which I liked. The access to the aisle was easy. Pretty good seat overall.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJanuary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"quite nice and comfortable choice"

I like the 2x4x2 configuration on the Lufthansa A330/340 aircraft. It gives you a bit more privacy when traveling as a couple. The legroom was quite OK and the seats were reclining nicely. Yet, when the person in front of you reclines it makes it really hard to get out of your seat. Overall however, a quite nice and comfortable choice for long haul travels.
Aircraft TypeA340-300