KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"a waste of money and time"

KLM should have got rid of the MD-11's way back. They just started refitting the cabin but I my opinion it's a waste of money and time. Even though the whole cabin was redone legroom is still very poor. Seat width is ok so is the recline. There are no personal screens (the installation has apparently been delayed over million times now) and never mind looking at the overhead screens they're rubbish very blurry and small.
Aircraft TypeMD-11
Viewing Tv Screen N/A

"had the splendour of two seats"

(Gibraltar)

I flew from Kilimanjaro to Amsterdam via Dar Es Saalam. I was sat in 22G. Big mistake as there is a metal box just in front of the foot area. I was lucky in that nobody was sat in 22H and therefore I had the splendour of two seats.
Aircraft TypeB777-200
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"leg space is reduced by about half"

(Japan)

When flying between Europe and Japan I prefer an aisle seat. So I changed from 14A to 22G. This was a major mistake as 22G has a large metal box directly adjacent to the anchor stays of the seat in front so it means that leg space for 22G is reduced by about half. Of course this does not appear on the seating chart at check-in but had I known this I would have stayed in 14A. That said I watched a film directly after the meal service (the second Narnia film) and then woke up just before breakfast. So I must have slept for about eight hours. Perhaps the Narnia film sent me to sleep or KLM's red wine served with dinner.
Aircraft TypeB777-200
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats can not be fully reclined"

Last row (40): the seats can not be fully reclined only maybe 2cm then you meet the separation wall. Unbelievable that this is possible on a 10 hours flight. No personal TV narrow seats.
Aircraft TypeMD11
Seat Layout2x3x2

"past its sell-by date"

This airplane is far past its sell-by date and in desperate need of an upgrade. The seats are too small and too close the tv screens are of such a poor quality that you don't even bother watching them. This combined with the well known fact tht KLM has the most arrogant and unfriendly cabin crew of all airlines makes every flight wit this airline a challenge. If you can avoid KLM do so!
Aircraft TypeMD11