KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the legroom wasn't enough"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Seats was comfortable but the legroom wasn't enough even for me (1,80) recline was good you could stretch your legs . Wing view from 20A was amazing. The front seat recline was big but it didn't affect me at all. Seats was just OK .
Date FlownJanuary 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"front seats with extra legroom"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | KLM has several front rows partly assigned for economy comfort. The difference is recline that is good and comfortable at those front seats with extra legroom. Exit row seat don't have extra recline, so don't provide convenient seating. KLM cabins all seats are covered with nice upholstery that feels better than leather. Padding is good as well. Also eco comfort doesn't require you to store everything overhead (required for take off and landing at emergency rows). Power boxes eat some legroom at aisle seats. Overall good concept and well done. Also appreciate power socket at every seat.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-900
Seat Layout3-3
Date FlownDecember 2017

"seat very narrow"

Verified Review | My flight was from Amsterdam Schipol to Singapore. Seat padding was about the same quality as an urban bus, seat very narrow, minimal leg room even though I am only 5'8" tall. I'd expect this standard on a short hop,not a 13 hour flight. Does not compare well with other national airlines. Food was poor but staff were attentive and doing their best
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownNovember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"more leg space than average"

Verified Review | Seats are quite good with more leg space than average. Entertainment system is good, modern and large with plenty to watch. 777 is a great aircraft, silent with high space as well. Good choice and will recommend this company with this aircraft.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777

"comfortable economy seats"

Verified Review | The most comfortable economy seats. I flew from Dubai to Amsterdam with 7 hrs flight and then Amsterdam to Quito with 11 hrs flight. Seats has the largest leg room and even with the seat infront of you is fully reclining still had so much space for myself. USB outlets and quality of screens looked bright and new.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Seat Storage 12345

"squeezed 10 seats into each row"

Verified Review | I'm still sitting at the gate getting ready to take off and I already hate this plane! I flew the A330 from the US to Amsterdam and now I'm stuck in this sardine can Boeing 777-200 for my flight home, they have squeezed 10 seats into each row. I had come to appreciate KLM for their comfort but I've changed my mind! I'm preparing myself for the worst. Will try another airline for my next trip. Seat width: too small Leg room: none - feels like Southwest Airlines My neighbor has already taken over the arm rest.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200

"ok for a 1 hour flight"

Verified Review | Amsterdam Schiphol to London Heathrow in January 2017. Seats 7A and 7B towards the front of the economy cabin. There was only 1 window for 7A. Legroom was the standard amount - this is ok for a 1 hour flight, but for anything longer it would feel cramped. Anyone over 6ft would feel uncomfortable in this seat.
Seat Storage 12345

"recommend paying the extra"

Verified Review | Warsaw Chopin to Schiphol in January 2017. Online check in was completed 24 hours prior to departure. At this point, we were able to upgrade our seats on the WAW-AMS flight to have extra legroom (for €9 each). We chose seats 3A and 3B, situated in the first row of economy. These seats have an extra 10cm of legroom, and fully movable armrests. For a flight longer than 1 hour, I would recommend paying the extra to secure these seats as they were very comfortable, and it was possible to get some sleep.
Seat Storage 12345

"extra legroom has advantages"

Verified Review | KLM offers the option to buy Economy Comfort seats in Economy class. These seats are situated in the front of the cabin and offer more legroom (34" compared to 31" for standard economy) and 50% more recline. However, the service is exactly the same as in Economy. The extra legroom has advantages on a long flight even if you are not a tall person. In particular, you do not have the seat of the person in front of you in your face when s/he reclines, which comes in handy if you want to work with your laptop. The extra recline makes quite a difference if you want to catch some sleep on an overnight flight. It is still an economy class seat, but the difference in comfort is noticeable.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Seat Storage 12345

"one of my most awful flights"

Verified Review | This was one of my most awful flights. The woman beside me was so large I couldn’t move, and even though I paid for a whole seat I only got 2/3 of it. It’s nice and handy for the airline to leave the passenger deal with situations like this. Even more serious was the safety aspect for me. In case of an emergency this woman would have blocked any chance of getting out of my seat. She certainly wouldn’t have been able to move, she blocked my escape path like a rock. I am aware that you do not see people when they buy their ticket but at the check-in/baggage-drop or at the gate your employees should be aware of people like this. The FA just said Sorry, I don’t have a free seat and that was it. During the whole flight the crew carefully avoided looking at the seat row where I was sitting whenever they passed by.
Aircraft TypeA330