Vote Now

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"never been so uncomfortable"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Old Boeing 747-400, terrible seat space. I paid for a preferred economy seat to get either extra leg space or a 2 seat row (as promised on KLM site) and did not get any of those. I'm a short guy, 1.73m, and I've never been so uncomfortable regarding leg space as I was on this flight. I got a window seat and just trying to get out was very hard. Avoid KLM at all costs
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownMarch 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"get knocked by the food trolleys"

Unverified | On the old Boeing 777, seat 11C sticks out and the person sitting there can be expected to get knocked by the food trolleys. In the newer planes this is not an issue. Overall the Economy Comfort is worth the price. Better legroom and more recline. Sitting on the aisle was not a benefit as the people in the interior seats kept getting up and down to use the restroom and there was not enough room to let them by.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Boeing 747 seat was awful

Verified Review | This Boeing 747 seat was awful. The seats are old, not very wide and the IFE is very unresponsive and old. The legroom isn't very good either. The ventilation was quite bad too and I felt very claustrophobic. I really recommend avoiding flying on this plane. Also the toilets are very uncomfortable on the plane.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400M
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"I would recommend this seat"

Verified Review | The Boeing 777-300 seat was absolutely wonderful. The seat reclined back well, there was plenty of legroom, the IFE was a new touchscreen with a USB charging port. I sat in a window seat and during the night, sleeping on the window/wall was quite comfortable. I would recommend this seat.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Seats are not wide enough"

Verified Review | Seats are not wide enough nor is there enough legroom for anyone taller than five feet six inches. I had a window seat and the man in the middle seat spread into my area. He was a heavier average height male, not obese but overweight. I paid for a seat and did not get the entire seat to myself. It was very uncomfortable. It is not pleasant to be sitting in a confined space unable to shift position for 8.5 hours. I recommend that only an aisle seat would be acceptable in economy class. I could not recline my seat as I could barely move, doing up my seatbelt required an effort due to my confined space.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownDecember 2016

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

(Spain)

Verified Review | I always liked KLM. Staff were nice, economy seats were fine. Now it seems we are in a situation where every thing has been downgraded. I am an economy flier and take around 10 longhaul flights every year for business reasons. Been doing that for 16 years now and have seen the utter contempt some airlines have shown for the economy traveller. But I always tried to fly KLM. Until they followed the pack on the 777s. (I now dislike the 777 with a passion and look down on every Boeing aircraft). The smaller legroom is bearable (I am 1.8m tall). But the seat widths are absolutely torture. I'm not especially wide, but my arms end up touching my neighbor. I have to sit straight. Thus that little sideways wiggle I used to do to accommodate my legs is now not an option. Even if passengers, when passing through the narrow aisles, attempting to avoid brushing up against resting passengers, the staff don't. Enough said. KLM. I used to avoid Air France 777s but somehow they pull it off better than KLM. Now I avoid KLM and any other airlines 3x4x3 Boeing 777s. I tried to complain online. I got some sort of word reply that didn't address anything I said and a voucher for 200 odd euros. That is welcome but beside the point. I had requested very politely that you point out to on board staff that they too must shimmy sideways as they pass resting clients.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Storage 12345

"new slimline seats are torturous"

(Spain)

Verified Review | New slimline seats in economy plus and economy are torturous. Reading other reviews I need not say more I am not the only one feeling this. I am platinum with AF/KLM 3 years now and it has been the quick race to the bottom for KLM . I will avoid anything KLM at all costs from now on if possible! My bottom and legs were numb the whole flight there is no padding and to boot the curt unfriendly service doesn't help but in talking with crew they are not to happy about the fast changes at KLM.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seat pitch and recline OK"

Verified Review | Seats on KLMs 747-400 are wider and softer compared to KLMs modern aircraft (Boeing 787/777). Seat pitch and recline are OK. In-flight entertainment system in KLM 747 is old, visibility and sound quality is mediocre and selection is limited. Volume of announcements is often very high, which is unpleasant. No seat power supply. Seats in economy comfort section and first few rows of economy section are quiet and have more privacy. The economy comfort section is separated from economy. And the first 7 rows in economy are arranged 3-0-3 around a central block (stairs to upper deck, galleys etc).
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Storage 12345

"seats are designed for children"

These 'slimline' seats are designed for children, not full sized adults. The most uncomfortable flights I've ever had, and I've had a few bad ones before this. Looking at the inflight magazine they've shoved the same number of seats (400 odd) from a 747 into a 777 which as far as I am aware is a shorter and narrower fuselage. The seat count is in their own magazine. Constantly touching the man next to me, who wasnt fat and neither am I. Just dreadful. KLM ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat Storage 12345

"they are hugely uncomfortable"

It seems that the new layout in KLM planes is maximizing space by reducing seat size. To my surprise the legroom seems to be slightly improved. However these are the narrowest seats I have ever sat in. It is impossible for two normal sized adults to sit comfortably (I am not a huge guy 180cm 88kg) but I was pushing into the shoulders of bother passengers on either side of me. Watch out for window seats also. If you are seated at a window and the wall between windows happens to be directly beside your seat it will encroach on you and push you into the person seated beside you. I don't know who approved the new seating but they are hugely uncomfortable.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787