KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"one of my most awful flights"

Verified Review | This was one of my most awful flights. The woman beside me was so large I couldn’t move, and even though I paid for a whole seat I only got 2/3 of it. It’s nice and handy for the airline to leave the passenger deal with situations like this. Even more serious was the safety aspect for me. In case of an emergency this woman would have blocked any chance of getting out of my seat. She certainly wouldn’t have been able to move, she blocked my escape path like a rock. I am aware that you do not see people when they buy their ticket but at the check-in/baggage-drop or at the gate your employees should be aware of people like this. The FA just said Sorry, I don’t have a free seat and that was it. During the whole flight the crew carefully avoided looking at the seat row where I was sitting whenever they passed by.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJune 2017

"really no complaints"

Verified Review | This was a two hour flight and the only observation I have is that I paid for an economy comfort seat but I am not sure that the KLM cityhopper aircraft have these seats. I did not notice more recline or more legroom. The seats were also not marked to indicate that you had an economy comfort seat. Because the flight was only about two hours there is really no complaints.
Aircraft TypeEmbraer 190
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownApril 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"not as comfortable as I was expecting"

Verified Review | I paid for an economy comfort seat and while the leg room was great the seat was not as comfortable as I was expecting and the recline was not that much more than a normal economy seat. If I had to book the same flight again knowing what I know now I think I would pay for the extra legroom seat only which is more affordable. The seats give you the option to plug-in your electronic device using USB, 220V, or 110V which I think is fantastic. A standard white pillow and a blanket are also on the seat. I would also like to point out that on a 16 hour flight at some point any seat inside an airplane will become uncomfortable I am just not sure that the economy comfort seats are worth the money if your looking for a more comfortable seat. I think in this aspect KLM can do better. I flew a standard economy chair on my way back from Manila to JFK on EVA Air and the seat was much more comfortable. I did not have the legroom but I had the comfort.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownApril 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"never been so uncomfortable"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Old Boeing 747-400, terrible seat space. I paid for a preferred economy seat to get either extra leg space or a 2 seat row (as promised on KLM site) and did not get any of those. I'm a short guy, 1.73m, and I've never been so uncomfortable regarding leg space as I was on this flight. I got a window seat and just trying to get out was very hard. Avoid KLM at all costs
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownMarch 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"get knocked by the food trolleys"

Unverified | On the old Boeing 777, seat 11C sticks out and the person sitting there can be expected to get knocked by the food trolleys. In the newer planes this is not an issue. Overall the Economy Comfort is worth the price. Better legroom and more recline. Sitting on the aisle was not a benefit as the people in the interior seats kept getting up and down to use the restroom and there was not enough room to let them by.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownFebruary 2017
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

"Boeing 747 seat was awful

Verified Review | This Boeing 747 seat was awful. The seats are old, not very wide and the IFE is very unresponsive and old. The legroom isn't very good either. The ventilation was quite bad too and I felt very claustrophobic. I really recommend avoiding flying on this plane. Also the toilets are very uncomfortable on the plane.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400M
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"I would recommend this seat"

Verified Review | The Boeing 777-300 seat was absolutely wonderful. The seat reclined back well, there was plenty of legroom, the IFE was a new touchscreen with a USB charging port. I sat in a window seat and during the night, sleeping on the window/wall was quite comfortable. I would recommend this seat.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Seats are not wide enough"

Verified Review | Seats are not wide enough nor is there enough legroom for anyone taller than five feet six inches. I had a window seat and the man in the middle seat spread into my area. He was a heavier average height male, not obese but overweight. I paid for a seat and did not get the entire seat to myself. It was very uncomfortable. It is not pleasant to be sitting in a confined space unable to shift position for 8.5 hours. I recommend that only an aisle seat would be acceptable in economy class. I could not recline my seat as I could barely move, doing up my seatbelt required an effort due to my confined space.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownDecember 2016

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines customer review

(Spain)

Verified Review | I always liked KLM. Staff were nice, economy seats were fine. Now it seems we are in a situation where every thing has been downgraded. I am an economy flier and take around 10 longhaul flights every year for business reasons. Been doing that for 16 years now and have seen the utter contempt some airlines have shown for the economy traveller. But I always tried to fly KLM. Until they followed the pack on the 777s. (I now dislike the 777 with a passion and look down on every Boeing aircraft). The smaller legroom is bearable (I am 1.8m tall). But the seat widths are absolutely torture. I'm not especially wide, but my arms end up touching my neighbor. I have to sit straight. Thus that little sideways wiggle I used to do to accommodate my legs is now not an option. Even if passengers, when passing through the narrow aisles, attempting to avoid brushing up against resting passengers, the staff don't. Enough said. KLM. I used to avoid Air France 777s but somehow they pull it off better than KLM. Now I avoid KLM and any other airlines 3x4x3 Boeing 777s. I tried to complain online. I got some sort of word reply that didn't address anything I said and a voucher for 200 odd euros. That is welcome but beside the point. I had requested very politely that you point out to on board staff that they too must shimmy sideways as they pass resting clients.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"new slimline seats are torturous"

(Spain)

Verified Review | New slimline seats in economy plus and economy are torturous. Reading other reviews I need not say more I am not the only one feeling this. I am platinum with AF/KLM 3 years now and it has been the quick race to the bottom for KLM . I will avoid anything KLM at all costs from now on if possible! My bottom and legs were numb the whole flight there is no padding and to boot the curt unfriendly service doesn't help but in talking with crew they are not to happy about the fast changes at KLM.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200