KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seat very narrow"

Verified Review | My flight was from Amsterdam Schipol to Singapore. Seat padding was about the same quality as an urban bus, seat very narrow, minimal leg room even though I am only 5'8" tall. I'd expect this standard on a short hop,not a 13 hour flight. Does not compare well with other national airlines. Food was poor but staff were attentive and doing their best
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownNovember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"more leg space than average"

Verified Review | Seats are quite good with more leg space than average. Entertainment system is good, modern and large with plenty to watch. 777 is a great aircraft, silent with high space as well. Good choice and will recommend this company with this aircraft.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777

"comfortable economy seats"

Verified Review | The most comfortable economy seats. I flew from Dubai to Amsterdam with 7 hrs flight and then Amsterdam to Quito with 11 hrs flight. Seats has the largest leg room and even with the seat infront of you is fully reclining still had so much space for myself. USB outlets and quality of screens looked bright and new.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Seat Storage 12345

"squeezed 10 seats into each row"

Verified Review | I'm still sitting at the gate getting ready to take off and I already hate this plane! I flew the A330 from the US to Amsterdam and now I'm stuck in this sardine can Boeing 777-200 for my flight home, they have squeezed 10 seats into each row. I had come to appreciate KLM for their comfort but I've changed my mind! I'm preparing myself for the worst. Will try another airline for my next trip. Seat width: too small Leg room: none - feels like Southwest Airlines My neighbor has already taken over the arm rest.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200

"ok for a 1 hour flight"

Verified Review | Amsterdam Schiphol to London Heathrow in January 2017. Seats 7A and 7B towards the front of the economy cabin. There was only 1 window for 7A. Legroom was the standard amount - this is ok for a 1 hour flight, but for anything longer it would feel cramped. Anyone over 6ft would feel uncomfortable in this seat.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-700
Seat Storage 12345

"recommend paying the extra"

Verified Review | Warsaw Chopin to Schiphol in January 2017. Online check in was completed 24 hours prior to departure. At this point, we were able to upgrade our seats on the WAW-AMS flight to have extra legroom (for €9 each). We chose seats 3A and 3B, situated in the first row of economy. These seats have an extra 10cm of legroom, and fully movable armrests. For a flight longer than 1 hour, I would recommend paying the extra to secure these seats as they were very comfortable, and it was possible to get some sleep.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-700
Seat Storage 12345

"extra legroom has advantages"

Verified Review | KLM offers the option to buy Economy Comfort seats in Economy class. These seats are situated in the front of the cabin and offer more legroom (34" compared to 31" for standard economy) and 50% more recline. However, the service is exactly the same as in Economy. The extra legroom has advantages on a long flight even if you are not a tall person. In particular, you do not have the seat of the person in front of you in your face when s/he reclines, which comes in handy if you want to work with your laptop. The extra recline makes quite a difference if you want to catch some sleep on an overnight flight. It is still an economy class seat, but the difference in comfort is noticeable.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Seat Storage 12345

"one of my most awful flights"

Verified Review | This was one of my most awful flights. The woman beside me was so large I couldn’t move, and even though I paid for a whole seat I only got 2/3 of it. It’s nice and handy for the airline to leave the passenger deal with situations like this. Even more serious was the safety aspect for me. In case of an emergency this woman would have blocked any chance of getting out of my seat. She certainly wouldn’t have been able to move, she blocked my escape path like a rock. I am aware that you do not see people when they buy their ticket but at the check-in/baggage-drop or at the gate your employees should be aware of people like this. The FA just said Sorry, I don’t have a free seat and that was it. During the whole flight the crew carefully avoided looking at the seat row where I was sitting whenever they passed by.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJune 2017

"really no complaints"

Verified Review | This was a two hour flight and the only observation I have is that I paid for an economy comfort seat but I am not sure that the KLM cityhopper aircraft have these seats. I did not notice more recline or more legroom. The seats were also not marked to indicate that you had an economy comfort seat. Because the flight was only about two hours there is really no complaints.
Aircraft TypeEmbraer 190
Date FlownApril 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"not as comfortable as I was expecting"

Verified Review | I paid for an economy comfort seat and while the leg room was great the seat was not as comfortable as I was expecting and the recline was not that much more than a normal economy seat. If I had to book the same flight again knowing what I know now I think I would pay for the extra legroom seat only which is more affordable. The seats give you the option to plug-in your electronic device using USB, 220V, or 110V which I think is fantastic. A standard white pillow and a blanket are also on the seat. I would also like to point out that on a 16 hour flight at some point any seat inside an airplane will become uncomfortable I am just not sure that the economy comfort seats are worth the money if your looking for a more comfortable seat. I think in this aspect KLM can do better. I flew a standard economy chair on my way back from Manila to JFK on EVA Air and the seat was much more comfortable. I did not have the legroom but I had the comfort.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300