Finnair

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"new seats have big IFE Screen"

Verified Review | Finnair economy class of A350-900 with 3-3-3 layout is wider and more comfortable than 3-3-3 of B787 or 3-4-3 seats/row of B777. The new seats have big IFE Screen and other conveniences like cup holder. However there is no footrest on this new seats. The worst seats of all seats on A350-900 is the last middle row seats. You will be disturbed by passengers waiting for toilets as bad as you have to breathe the smells from the kitchen and of course you will get your meals as the last. Avoid these 3 seats whenever you can!!
Aircraft TypeA350-900
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"side space was enough"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | The A350 seats were made of light material that makes more space for legroom. also it's quite okay for me as the side space was enough. The seats were clean. Entertainment touchscreen is enable to change the brightness. Outside camera view and exploring map with features, tracking the flight status. Recent movies animation, action, family and asian movies. TV series and music (list gets updated while flying). 2 USB outputs for power supply.
Aircraft TypeA350-900
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Comfy seats and clean"

Verified Review | This aircraft A319-112 (OH-LVK) is mostly used for short flights. The legroom is for me just enough but I can understand it's to less for tall people. I had no problems with the width. Touchscreens were enable to change the brightness. Multi media options: Movies, Music playlists. outside camera view & exploring map with features + tracking the flight status. Multi Language 2 jack outputs. Comfy seats and clean.
Aircraft TypeA319
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"low cost airlines had better seats"

Finnair Embaer seats are worse than Airbus seats I already tested. Even low cost airlines had better seats. The situation is worst than before where Finnair used only Airbus and proposed meals, drinks, TV on board and lugages included in the tickets. Now none of this service exist any more, so I would prefer flying on low cost companies like Norwegian and free Wifi on board, and Tv screens.
Aircraft TypeEmbraer 190
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownDecember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"unable to stretch out legs straight"

Helsinki to Singapore with Finnair. Paid extra for economy plus seats with "extra leg room" as my husband is almost 6ft and struggles to get comfy. Our seats 21J/K were just behind the partition separating business class and economy. My husbands knees touched the partition and he was unable to stretch out his legs straight, which he can usaully do in a normal seat. Very disappointed these seats can be sold as extra leg room. On our return journey the passengers in these seats also complained about the leg room to the air hostess who said it wasnt the first time she had heard this.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"the least comfortable long haul flight"

We flew from Singapore to Helsinki in and had the least comfortable long haul flight I've ever taken. The chairs were insufficiently upholstered narrow and the arms rests too were insufficiently upholstered and narrow. I was on an aisle seat and my elbow was repeatedly jogged by folks walking down the aisle. I got pins and needles from being so cramped and I'm only 163cm. My daughter joked that the pillows were just Marimekko pillow slips they were flat and did little to offer any support If you choose Finnair be sure to take a travel pillow and ask for several pillows and blankets to try and prop your arms and provide lumbar support. I'm a pretty fit person and got up several times to stretch but I did myself nerve damage from being so cramped I worry how it would affect less robust people. I asked for a glass of water twice from stewards and was ignored my daughter asked not to be woken for meals after the first time she was woken for a meal and the stewards awoke her again. The chocolate wafers they had in the galley were I hung out helping myself to waters were pretty nice though.

"flight from hell"

(Norway)

Helsinki - Singapore. Flight from hell. Lights don't work only 3 movies. Really bad screens. Horrible seats but the flight was cheap.

"no leg room at all"

(Finland)

London to Helsinki after long flight from Miami was the most terrible experience for me as tall passenger. We tried to book exit seats because I am nearly 6.3 (190cm) tall but not succeeded. Then we got seats from row 23. Plane was full and no way to get other seats. No leg room at all. Knees were locked to front seat and when passenger sitting on front seat reclined it pain in my legs was terrible. I couldn't move anywhere and no way to put tray down at all. Seats are so narrow that I even couldn't turn sideways to help my position.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320
Seat Layout3x3

"very packed flight"

If you are over 5 feet 9 inches tall flying Finnair on a long-haul flight is not for you! I'm 6ft 4 and I had to contend for a cramp hard seat for more than 9 hours in very packed flight from Helsinki to Osaka. There were only 3 toilets for over 200 people in the economy class.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-300

"no recline at all"

(Finland)

BKK-HEL. Booked Seats 33 A/C for me and my son. Had to pay for this as Finnair now charges for seat reservations. When we got to our seat we found it up against a bulkhead and no recline at all!. The cabin purser said that this was always a problem and that these two seats had no recline. In fact they seemed specially made seats and had no recline button. When the person in front then reclined their seat it made for the most uncomfortable 10.5 hours in my life.