Finnair

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (Australia) 1st March 2015

We flew fro Singapore to Helsinki in and had the least comfortable long haul flight I've ever taken. The chairs were insufficiently upholstered narrow and the arms rests too were insufficiently upholstered and narrow. I was on an aisle seat and my elbow was repeatedly jogged by folks walking down the aisle. I got pins and needles fro being so cramped and I'm only 163cm. My daughter joked that the pillows were just Marimekko pillow slips they were flat and did little to offer any support If you choose Finnair be sure to take a travel pillow and ask for several pillows and blankets to try and prop your arms and provide lumbar support. I'm a pretty fit person and got up several times to stretch but I did myself nerve damage from being so cramped I worry how it would affect less robust people. I asked for a glass of water twice from stewards and was ignored my daughter asked not to be woken for meals after the first time she was woken for a meal and the stewards awoke her again. The chocolate wafers they had in the galley were I hung out helping myself to waters were pretty nice though.

Review by (Norway) 28th January 2015

Helsinki - Singapore. Flight from hell. Lights don't work only 3 movies. Really bad screens. Horrible seats but the flight was cheap.

Review by (Finland) 2nd August 2014

London to Helsinki after long flight from Miami was the most terrible experience for me as tall passenger. We tried to book exit seats because I am nearly 6.3 (190cm) tall but not succeeded. Then we got seats from row 23. Plane was full and no way to get other seats. No leg room at all. Knees were locked to front seat and when passenger sitting on front seat reclined it pain in my legs was terrible. I couldn't move anywhere and no way to put tray down at all. Seats are so narrow that I even couldn't turn sideways to help my position.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320
Seat Layout3x3

Review by (Germany) 9th July 2014

If you are over 5 feet 9 inches tall flying Finnair on a long-haul flight is not for you! I'm 6ft 4 and I had to contend for a cramp hard seat for more than 9 hours in very packed flight from Helsinki to Osaka. There were only 3 toilets for over 200 people in the economy class.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-300

Review by (Finland) 20th April 2013

BKK-HEL. Booked Seats 33 A/C for me and my son. Had to pay for this as Finnair now charges for seat reservations. When we got to our seat we found it up against a bulkhead and no recline at all!. The cabin purser said that this was always a problem and that these two seats had no recline. In fact they seemed specially made seats and had no recline button. When the person in front then reclined their seat it made for the most uncomfortable 10.5 hours in my life.

Review by (Sweden) 24th December 2012

The seats in economy are very uncomfortable. Even if the pitch is not to bad it is something with the construction of the seats that makes impossible to stretch your legs.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330

Review by (Finland) 1st September 2010

Route was Peking - Helsinki and legroom was poorest I have ever seen in Finnair airplanes. For 190 cm man legroom was totally impossible. Is this just for Asian routes or new practice of Finnair?
Aircraft TypeA330

Review by (Finland) 1st September 2010

Aircraft TypeA330

Review by (Finland) 1st January 1970

The new thin Recaro-seat was much more comfortable than it first looked the leg room was good even for a tallish guy like me. The wide screen personal TV was easy to see and use.
Aircraft TypeA340-300

Review by (Sweden) 1st January 1970

Surprisingly roomy and comfortable seat in these new aircraft. Good legroom and enough space for your shoes and a bag as well. Adjustable headrest gives good support even for leaning your head to the side.
Aircraft TypeA340-300 E