Top 100 Airlines

EVA Air

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"heartily approve of EVA's seats"

My wife and I flew on EVA Air roundtrip from San Francisco to SIngapore. All legs of the trip were on EVA's 777-300ER and we were in regular economy on all legs. From Singapore to Taipei, we were in seats D & E in the main cabin. I actually prefer EVA over Singapore Airlines because, at 6'2" tall, I need every inch of legroom available, and EVA has one extra inch of Singapore. The only downside to seat D is that the AVOD box is set squarely in the middle of the floor in the seat well. But at least I could work my feet around it and it was only a 4 hour flight, so it wasn't too uncomfortable. On the long haul from Taipei to San Francisco, we got very lucky and were in seats D / G with no one in between us. My wife, who is only 5'2" tall and really doesn't need legroom, gave me seat G, and she took D. The AVOD box didn't bother her at all, and we both had ample leg and seat room with no one in the middle seat. I usually can't sleep too much on planes, but for the 10 hour flight from Taipei to San Francisco, I actually slept about half the time. So I heartily approve of EVA's seats.
Date FlownDecember 2015

"great seat comfort"

Newer EVA Air Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, Elite Class, seated in 22D aisle from Taipei to San Francisco. Great seat comfort and spacing. Large AVOD screen and good amenities. Excellent service by flight staff and on-time performance.
Date FlownOctober 2015

"IFE was extensive"

The service was excellent and the food was always plentiful. The IFE was extensive and the crew was helpful and eager to please. We always fly EVA from Toronto to Manila with a stop in Taipei. Since the schedule is great and always on time. The toilets are spotless and fresh. We love the airport in Taipei.

"retained 3x3x3 layout"

This is a review of EVA Air new generation of Boeing 777-300ER. EVA has retained the 3x3x3 layout. Seat width is 18 inch and seat pitch 32 inch, but there are no IFE metal boxes underneath the seats, and seat style has been changed to enhance personal space. Recline and overall seat comfort are above average and make a 14-hour trip somewhat tolerable. Entertainment system (with touch-screen interface) is excellent with 11-inch screen, and each seat has in-seat power outlet.
Seat Storage 12345

"excellent Premium Economy seat "

An excellent Premium Economy seat on EVA Air Boeing 777-300ER, with lots of leg and knee room and enough width. Being six foot, I had no trouble with anyone putting their seat fully back in front of me so felt happy to put mine back. The TV screen in the seat back worked well. The Premium Economy cabin gave lots of room in the overhead lockers.

"TV screen is huge"

I flew on EEVA Air's newest 777 to Los Angeles. The TV screen is huge (Panasonic new EX3) entertainment system. The new seats has bigger space, and the seat is also softer. I hope EVA Air will install its newest economy class on all its Boeing 777 and A330 aircraft.
Date FlownJune 2015

"comfortable and relaxing"

LHR BKK LHR Premium Economy 2nd April 2015 - 19th April 2015. I chose EVA Air premium economy because I wanted that little bit extra legroom and width of seat for a non stop 11 hours flight. I found the flight both comfortable and relaxing. I was able to fall asleep for at least 5 on both legs and the TV in-flight service was excellent. The only annoying part of the flight was the fact that the in-flight box is situated in the seat underneath in front and therefore prohibits foot movement to a certain extent. The meals were good and fresh. I paid around ÂGBP900 return for the experience which was great value. Eva are a good airline and the attendants are very pleasant and cheerful. However the flight outward was 2 hours late departing from LHR so some transfers to other flights in BKK were missed.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"staff are extremely professional"

My husband and I fly to Bangkok at least 5 times a year and I would highly recommend EVA Air. Staff are extremely professional and do not disturb you unlike other airlines we have flown. Although the food isn't great again it is better than a lot of airlines. In economy I can sleep for 6-8 hours undisturbed however my husband can get 3-4 hours. Pretty good considering. If you want to get upgraded EVA Air isn't the company to go with. In the years we have flown with them not once have we been lucky!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"on average a good seat"

On average a good seat bearing in mind the 11 hours flight to BKK. Though the pitch could be a bit bigger. A disadvantage of the aisle seats though is the placement of the boxes for the inflight entertainment system. In economy I prefer to sit as much in front of this class as possible.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"cabin crew service was superb"

EVA Air should check the aircraft air conditioning systems. My flight BR12 was just too hot! It made the flight very uncomfortable. Cabin crew service was superb though. But please adjust the cabin temp to be cooler. That was my 3rd flight with them that has the same problem.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300ER