Top 100 Airlines

Etihad Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats small and uncomfortable"

Travelled Etihad Airways from Manchester to Abu Dhabi enroute to Chennai. The Boeing 777-300 Seats are so small and uncomfortable that could not even take rest or sleep for one hour comfortably. Very boring and uncomfortable 8 hours spent on this aircraft since seated. From Abu Dhabi it connects to code share partner Jet Airways who operated a Boeing 737-400 to Chennai
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownJune 2016

"seats are non-reclining"

Today, my wife and daughter are on board the Etihad flight EY 102 from JFK to TRV via Abu dhabi. They happened to get the seat 48D & 48E which are the last row in a particular section. The design of the aircraft is such that these seats are non-reclining. The total flight duration is 13 hours from JFK to AUH and for the entire 13 hours one has to sit up-right like prisoners and not passengers. The co-passengers who paid the same money as me (or probably less) would be enjoying better seats, where my wife and 5 year old daughter were miserably left with non-reclining seats. Unfortunately I came to understand that I paid my hard earned money for getting the most uncomfortable sleep for my wife & daughter.
Aircraft TypeA380-800
Date FlownMay 2016

"generously spaced seat"

(Qatar)

I was forced to take seat 13B, the middle seat which I always strive to avoid, but no other choice during online checkin. However was pleasantly surprised with the seat width and leg room available. Generously spaced seat pitch with HD screen for inflight entertainment, and a power socket for each seat along with USB on screen.
Aircraft TypeA321
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"narrow, too close together"

Seats 19 A/C on Boeing 777 were narrow, too close together, lacked padding and leg room. Because of the extra seat per row people and trolleys constantly bumped into the aisle seats making it most uncomfortable. Seats 28A and B were not much better - because they were so narrow it was impossible to shift position which we wanted to because they were so hard. The recline was minimal and if the seat in front was reclined it gave a really cramped feeling to those behind and made it hard to see the seat back screen.
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"seats were very narrow"

Squeezing in 10 abreast in economy on the 777 designed for 9 abreast. The seats were very narrow - my shoulders were against my seat mates the whole flight. I flew an A320 later and the seats were noticeably bigger. On a 14 hour flight Melbourne to Abu Dhabi it was very uncomfortable. There was a effective lumbar support on seat and a pillow that turned into a neck pillow which helped. Crew were not as strict on safety as in Australia - people got up to walk around during the climb as soon as the cabin crew were released but the seat belt sign was still on and we were climbing. Crew didn't seem to worry. I know it's economy so you get a cheap seat but I would choose Singapore Airlines next time because on the Boeing 777 they have 9 abreast.
Date FlownJanuary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"A340-600 better than Boeing 777-300"

(New Zealand)

Etihad Airways A340-600 had the better seat over the Boeing 777-300 aircraft. On both of these aircraft you seem to get a big screen which dominated the back of the seat although on the Boeing it had charging facilities next to the screen also, I used the usb conection to charge my phone which was handy. Its hard to judge how comfortable the seats was as after 4-5 hours of sitting anything become uncomfortable although I've sat on worse aircraft seats. Although I had a window seat on the A340 rather than an aisle seat, I got more legroom. Not only because of the way the seat meets the wall of the aircraft giving me room to put my shoes, blanket and pillow they provide out the way, there is more legroom on A340 aircraft. I'm 5/9.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300 / A340-600
Seat Layout3x4x3 / 2x4x2
Date FlownDecember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"main problem is the seats"

The Etihad Airways flight from Australia to Abu Dhabi is long, no escaping that, however, my experience with Etihad only made the trip, both ways, more unpleasant. Staff are efficient but not helpful. Communications, initially in arabic and the other languages is hard to understand when it comes to the English version. The main problem is the seats. They are much too hard for this length of flight. Never again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was not at all comfortable"

(Malaysia)

Considering this was an Etihad Airways A380 I felt the seat was not at all comfortable, it is certainly worse than other aircraft in the fleet. I am quite short (5'7") but still the seat squab barely came to half way along my thigh, annoying on a lengthy flight. I have flown other A380's and don't recall it being as bad.
Aircraft TypeA380
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"the worst I have sat in"

I was excited about flying on the 787, despite the bad reviews I'd read about the economy seats on this aircraft. I have to say that the economy seats on the Etihad 787-9 are without exception, the worst I have sat in. I am about 181cm tall, so fairly average in height and my knees were pretty much touching the seat in front of me. I'm not a big guy and I felt so squashed due to the width of the seat that it was very difficult to get comfortable. If the seat in front was reclined, the video screen was right in front of your face. Adding to this was the fact that the seat was harder than most I've sat in. I do a lot of flying so I have a good basis for comparison on these details. I'm also a very realistic about what to expect with economy flying. I'd take a Jetstar seat in Australia over the Etihad Boeing 787-9 seats any day of the week. I'm flying British Airways in December back to Australia on their Boeing 787 and the reviews I've read about their seats is very poor. Worst part is, the Etihad flight was only 6 hours, where as the BA flight is going to be over 12 hours.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"benchmark for unpleasantness"

The Etihad Airways journey from London to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi was poorly served and very uncomfortable due to hard seats and lack of space. The transfer took up all of the 2+ hours we had available and caused concern as we had but 1 hr only on the return. Abu Dhabi airport is a shambles. As a frequent flyer to NZ and Aus I have passed through most International airports but have never experienced anything as depressingly chaotic as this place. How they got their rating is a mystery and one that should be questioned. On the return trip (made the transfer, miraculously, within the hour) it was equally cramped, however the crew appeared to have been assembled at the last minute as they were totally uncoordinated and the service was dreadful. Also the film I was watching on the first leg did not appear on the second screen as it had not been updated. Best I can say is that they got us there and back but I would never entertain considering this airline again and have a future benchmark for sheer unpleasantness of travel. Thanks but no thanks.
Date FlownFebruary 2015