Delta Air Lines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (United States)

I am sitting in an Aisle Exit Row of a Boeing 757-200 airplane, halfway thru a 3.5 hour flight, and am having the most uncomfortable flight of my life. I am 5'6 and medium build. The leg room in the exit row is good, but the shoulder/arm room (side to side) is terrible. On the aisle side, everyone who goes by, including flight attendants, hit my shoulder and arm. On the other side, a larger gentleman (not fat, just large build) is encroaching on my personal seat space. This situation is unacceptable.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 757-200
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownAugust 2015
Power Supply 12345

Review by (United States)

The seats were roomy, with almost a full arm length before I could touch the seat back in front of me. The width was a bit better than average. The Bad : seats seem to be made of a molded, hard plastic, with a thin foam-filled cushion placed on top. Initially, when you sit in them, they feel ok, and supportive. However, when you're spending eight hours in one, the thin foam cushion quickly loses any cushioning ability. Additionally, the seat recline moves the actual seat as well as the seat back, which puts your back in an unnatural extension. This is ergonomically very unhealthy. Resulting backache for 3 days. I have friends who only fly Delta. They've invested in a $75 seat cushion to alleviate their in-flight back pain.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2 x 4 x 2
Date FlownJuly 2015
Power Supply 12345

Review by (United States)

I found my MSP-NRT flight to be comfortable for economy. Seat was pretty wide and there was great legroom. Recline was okay too.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200ER
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownJune 2015
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure

Delta Air Lines customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

LHR to LAX was the worst flight I've ever had in my life. Seats were rock hard and my backside was numb with pain for the entirety of the flight. The Media screen was tiny and was not working properly . The earphones they handed out are a disaster. The whole plane feels And looks dated.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 767-400

Review by (United States)

Painful four hours from LAS to ATL today in seat 42C. Seat too narrow seatbelt a real struggle to buckle pitch so short that I have to turn my legs in order to fit into the space allocated. Seat back would not stay upright kept sliding back. FA's seemed aware as they didn't ask me to bring my seatback up for takeoff or landing. The seat cover was ripped dirty and had several miscellaneous stickers ground into it. On the positive side I was able to track the flight so I always knew how much longer I had to endure.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 757-200
Seat Layout3x3

Review by (South Africa)

I fly often. I expected the flight to be uncomfortable given that is was longer than 15 hours. However the seats were unbearably hard. It felt like I was sitting on a piece of metal with no padding at all. My flight back was in economy comfort can't say that it made any difference. A bit more leg room but I am only 1.5m so it didn't really make my flight any easier.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777
Seat Layout3x4x3

Review by

Flew round trip MSP to LHR. No legroom whatsoever and seats are small. Next time I will look at other airlines before booking with Delta.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 767

Review by (United States)

I booked an overnight trip from Minneapolis to Paris. I upgraded to Economy Comfort. Delta bumped me out of Economy Comfort not once but twice without notifying me or refunding my money. Both times I noticed as I was reviewing flight information. The first time I called Delta and they placed me in less favorable Economy Comfort seating. The second time Delta stated that they "could refund my money." I ended up in an Economy Seat. What really irritates is that Delta stated that they don't notify customers of seating changes. So buyer beware you can be bumped anytime you won't be notified and they won't automatically refund your money.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-200

Review by (United States)

JFK-MXP Had the opportunity to upgrade to economy comfort. A couple of things - if we had not upgraded we would have been in row 38. Also our flight arrived in Milan at the same time as an Air China from Shanghai and another B747 from Bangkok. Being in row 12 got put us in a much better position at immigration. Seat width is the same as all economy but legroom much better. We were in 12 A and B so not bad. Row 13 has no window. Food drink etc the same as economy. All in all worth the $89.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-300

Review by (United States)

I have always found Delta to have hard minimally padded seats but this flight 13 hrs DTW-PEK was by far the worst I have ever had to endure. The Economy Comfort seat felt like is was concrete with Delta's blue leather draped over it. I tried stuffing the pillow and blanket under my backside but that did nothing to relieve the discomfort. I had pains in my back and behind for weeks after especially when aggravated by the return journey.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777