Delta Air Lines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the most uncomfortable seat"

Trip Verified | I took the flight with Delta from JFK to Amsterdam. That was the most uncomfortable seat ever. Ok Im 6.3 tall but not complaining here with the leg room but the design of the seat. The seat was design for people under 6 feet. Its not ergonomic neither comfortable. Literally my upper back body and my shoulder wasnt fit right. I couldnt rest my elbows on the arm rest when i seat straight because they were very short/ The tv screen was pointing my chest when the person in front of me put her seat all the way back which was not possible to watch.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"there was more legroom"

Trip Verified | Delta's Comfort+ Seat on the 757-200 was very similar to the Economy Class seat. However, there was more legroom and the seat itself was a little bit comfier. The USB port was useful. The IFE touchscreen was extremely sensitive and easy to use.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 757-200
Date FlownDecember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"would travel with Delta again"

Trip Verified | Detroit to San Francisco. The staff member were wonderful and smiling. Despite being in economy they treated everyone quite well. For example, as the aisle was quite narrow when they'd come by with the drink cart and it would bump me on the shoulder (I had the aisle seat) they would apologize in what seemed quite genuine. Legroom was actually quite good, my legs weren't banging up against the seat in from one my like they usually do on most airlines. And for the first time I was able to get off a longer flight without any back pain at all. The seats were surprisingly comfortable, a little firm but they support the back pretty well. The entertainment system worked perfectly with no lag or issues. There was a pretty decent selection of shows and movies to watch. Enough to keep my busy for the flight. While not every seat has a normal outlet in economy, everyone has a USB outlet so your phone can stay charged. It works quite well. I would travel with Delta again. In fact my next business trip is already booked with them.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-900
Date FlownNovember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"Excellent seat including recline"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I flew in the category Comfort + row 15 E and G. I suspect it is not considered as a specific class because seats are not embedded in a rigid/hard shell. Excellent seat including recline, enough legroom (my height : 1.83m), size of the screen very good. This category offers you a dedicated overhead bin, and it is respected. Your space remains available even if you board the latest. I don't know if it is usually the case but I was able to "upgrade" for free on both flights.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownDecember 2017

"legroom is super tight"

Not Verified | I was in 29A which is the last row, this was a 2.5 hour flight from Charlotte to Minneapolis, I got booked in this seat on standby when I had to change my flight last minute. The seat is horrible, legroom is super tight and there is no window, just a wall, so it is extremely claustrophobic, the seat doesn't recline at all to the point where there isn't even a recline button. Whole plane smelled of jet fuel before takeoff, the engine noise and vibration was just deafening and my ears are still ringing, especially on landing when the thrust reverse was activated. People lined up the whole flight to use the bathroom, tray table was very tiny and didn't stay up. I could hear and smell the lavatories directly behind me. Couldn't hear a word any FA said because of the extreme noise. An adjustable headrests and AC plugs couldn't save me from this hell. The only saving grace was that all the FAs on this flight were awesome, all of them were very nice and at least offered a small ray of hope on this miserable flight, the very apologetic FA seated near me saw how I wasn't happy and tried to see if they could move me towards the front but the flight was completely full, not seat left. I was very happy to get off the plane.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 717-200
Seat Layout3x2
Date FlownSeptember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"the seats were very comfortable"

Trip Verified | Flew Delta in Economy Comfort Plus on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Early 6am departure from BOS to AUS via RDU on Delta Airlines on a CRJ-900. Not looking forward to a 6 hour trip on a CRJ, but I have to say, my flight was not just comfortable, but on some levels outstanding. First flight to RDU on a CRJ-900, Endeavor Air Delta Connection. Boarding on time, the gate area was not too busy, after a short stay in the the Delta Sky Club in terminal A. Newer looking seats on this Next Gen CRJ-900. Very good legroom in Comfort Plus, after Sky Priority boarding. Seats were okay, with a somewhat un comfortable side lumbar. On time departure and a short 1hr 37 min flight to RDU. Now for the great part. The flight attendants, only 2 on the flight, after all this is a CRJ-900. Beverage and Delta's cookies served while en route. The flight attendants offered a drink service, then a refill service, then walked thru the cabin with coffee, the walked thru with water. The FC flight attendant also help with Comfort Plus. Lots of smiles and engagements by this flight crew. Simply fantastic. Short connection in RDU, which is very nice and easy, by the way. Next CRJ-900 flight to Austin, 3hr 37 min gate to gate. Not a next gen aircraft, however the seats were very comfortable and again with good legroom. Seat next to me was empty (when does this ever happen, especially right after Thanksgiving). Again the flight attendants, wow. (2) full beverage services, again hot coffee walked thru the cabin, in economy and again water offer as well. Then the economy Comfort Plus also got offered the First Class snack basket, with some nicer snack options. Only 2hr 30 min en route today and we touched down 50 minutes early. Right to an open gate and by the time we arrived at baggage claim, our bags were already out. I cannot gush enough about this trip, that initially, I expected to not really enjoy. Great job Delta.
Aircraft TypeCRJ-900
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownNovember 2017
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"Economy seat was comfortable"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Really enjoyed my flight AMS-SEA-AMS. The A330-300 Economy seat was comfortable for a long flight, IFE system offers a good variety of films, music etc. Seat recline is quite good. Quality of earphones distributed is very basic. Touchscreen monitor is very easy and comfortable to use. I advise to use your own earphones to enjoy the content offered. Delta Connect gives a good opportunity to send messages while you fly.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"I can only describe as horrible"

Verified Review | Delta Flight 200 is the second-longest flight in the world. Atlanta to Johannesburg, South Africa is 15.5 hours there, 16.5 hours return. Given the fact that Delta customers will be required to spend so long sitting, you would think that comfort and safety would be a consideration. Neither is evident with this flight, which I can only describe as horrible. I have flown other very long flights, but never have I had less legroom than on this flight. Boeing shows the 777 in a comfortable-appearing 2-3-2 configuration. But this flight uses a 3-3-3 configuration with what appears to be the least possible spacing between rows. I am 5'11" and I could not sit straight. Airlines need to publish a "comfort index" for any flight longer than 5 hours - a guide that takes into account the configuration (or seat width) and row spacing. This flight would score a Zero. I would never take this flight again and would urge friends and relatives to research very carefully the seating arrangements on any long flights.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200LR
Seat Layout3-3-3
Date FlownSeptember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"most uncomfortable airline seat "

Verified Review | Flying Seattle to Atlanta in the most uncomfortable airline seat I have ever been confined to! The seat was so uncomfortable that it was causing pain in my hip and down my leg. The legroom was deplorable! Absolutely most uncomfortable ride and very disappointed with the poor maintenance of providing comfortable seating. Seating is one of the most important features of airline travel and Delta's seating gets a zero.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737
Date FlownAugust 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"was an uncomfortable ride"

Verified Review | The MD-88 seating is awful for someone with fuller hips. It was an uncomfortable ride to sit for hours in the seat. It might be a good idea to widen the seats even by 5 inches. I would hate to sit on this type of a flight for any longer and suffer with sore hips. Unfortunately, many of us cannot afford first class or premium seats. So, we are forced to deal with a very uncomfortable flight. The seats down not recline very much and if you made a chnage here, it might be uncomfortable for the person behind you. As people pass by with their bags trying to get to their seat, they brush their bag into someone's face or against another person's head. The aisle could use width as well. There is never enough overhead cabin space as people force their bags into very small compartments.
Aircraft TypeMD-88