Top 100 Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"CRJ 900 is comfortable"

(New Caledonia)

Just a quick flight (1h15 min) from YQB to JFK. Crew was helpful and friendly. Only soft drinks and pretzels as snacks, it is better than nothing. The plane is comfortable, the room under the seat to slide my bag is average, maybe a bit small (but I have seen smaller and not many bigger than this).
Aircraft TypeCRJ 900
Date FlownMay 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"not paying to upgrade again"

Upgraded to comfort which was a complete waste of money if you like to enjoy a drink like I do. During a 9 hour flight we were offered a drink three times and were only allowed one at a time. I don't want to get drunk when travelling but this is pretty poor for $100. I was told that if I hadn't upgraded I could have purchased more than one drink per round. I would have been better off not upgrading and staying in economy. The legroom was good but not massively better than standard Emirates economy. The "upgraded" entertainment was very poor compared to other airlines. What is the point of having only season 3 episode 4 of a certain show? The food wasn't as good as standard economy on other airlines either. I also didn't see any of the "premium" snacks that were advertised. I will be avoiding Delta in future and will certainly not be paying to upgrade to comfort plus again if I have to fly with them.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Date FlownFebruary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"be sure the seats have cushions"

I took Delta ATL to LHR October 29; return Nov 5, 2015. I paid extra about $120 for extra comfort outbound. I thought I bought it both ways but I did not. Anyway, I think I was in Seat 23 E. it had plenty of leg room (I am 6'2") but the seat cushion had absolutely no padding in it. The seat reclined very nicely but my tailbone could not stand the hard seat bottom. The food provided was tasty and I had plenty of fluids offered; no problem with the service at all. I can't imagine that seat's condition was anything other than a mistake. On my return flight the equipment was a 767-400 and I was in the last seat on the port side. The cushion in it was much better (at least there was one) and I had an empty seat next to mine. Again, no complaints about the food and fluids and the service. I was more comfortable without the extra cost. Overall I thought I had a good trip for the cost and would do it again with Delta; just be sure the seats have cushions.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767-300
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"plenty of legroom for me"

The seat had plenty of legroom for me, even though I'm 6'4" (195 cm.). The only problem (which isn't really Delta's fault) was that the cabin was too short for me to stand up straight. the flight was a short one, from Rochester MY (ROC) to JFK. Because of this, the cabin crew did not serve drinks in the economy cabin. There was enough room for my bags. The inflight wifi did not run fast enough for any pages to load. I wanted to use it to track where the flight was and use Delta Studio, but I could do neither.
Aircraft TypeCRJ700
Seat Storage 12345

"seat in front was so close"

Average height and build but the seat in front of me was so close I could not get my knees in without an injury. Worse to come when the seat in front of me reclined and I found mine and my travelling companions wouldn't. I ended up with the seat in front of me just inches from my face. I complained to the steward who said the flight was full so spent as much time on the flight as I could standing up. I could not eat sitting. On the return front New York I booked exit seats at $100 each to make sure I didn't suffer the same fate and complained to KLM on my return asking just for a refund on the upgrades as compensation.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x4x2

"worst seat experience"

Seated in exit row on Boeing 737, new plane. Seats have hard sides, making them very narrow even for a narrow person like we both are. Flown on many Boeing 737's with other airlines and this was the first that had this type of seat - felt like they were re-cycled from some old airplane. One of the worst seat experiences in decades of flying
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3x3
Seat Storage 12345

"horrendous seats both ways"

Horrendous seats both ways from New York to London and London to Atlanta. Pay extra for Delta comfort and the seats have as much padding as a Greyhound waiting room seat. These are the new seats as well! I like Delta but there is no way I'm paying extra or anything at all. The little 40 min flight from ATL-CHS had better seats. The couple in front complained directly to cabin crew. Shame.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767

"just plain uncomfortable"

Most uncomfortable flight I've been on. The Delta seats are not ergonomically correct and put stress at the wrong points on the back. I'm 5'6" and average size so I don't normally have any issues whatsoever with airline seats. This caused back pain, and I won't be flying Delta again. There were 4 legs (2 to destination and 2 return) to my trip and each plane had the same issue - poorly designed seats. Doesn't matter configuration, doesn't matter aisle or window, the seats are just plain uncomfortable.
Aircraft TypeEmbraer 175

"horribly uncomfortable"

The seats were horribly uncomfortable on both parts of my trip. They want you to put carry-on items under the seats, but the seats are so close that it is very difficult to get them out again. And, if you do get things out, you are probably going to hit your seat mate. The aisles are so narrow that even really skinny people hit other travelers when they walk down the aisles.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 717
Seat Layout2x3
Seat Storage 12345

"cannot recommend this seat"

The rows of seats are placed so close to each other that it is extremely difficult to get seated with so little room. In an emergency evacuation, I would not be able to get to the aisle without assistance. When the passenger in front of anyone sitting in this section (first class) reclined his/her seat, it was impossible to get the tray table to clear the reclined seat. I wanted a first class experience; Delta refers to this class as Premium Economy. It's much, much more about Delta's economy than it is about being premium. I cannot recommend this seat (and its additional expense) to anyone.
Aircraft TypeA320