Airline of the Year

Delta Air Lines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"was an uncomfortable ride"

Verified Review | The MD-88 seating is awful for someone with fuller hips. It was an uncomfortable ride to sit for hours in the seat. It might be a good idea to widen the seats even by 5 inches. I would hate to sit on this type of a flight for any longer and suffer with sore hips. Unfortunately, many of us cannot afford first class or premium seats. So, we are forced to deal with a very uncomfortable flight. The seats down not recline very much and if you made a chnage here, it might be uncomfortable for the person behind you. As people pass by with their bags trying to get to their seat, they brush their bag into someone's face or against another person's head. The aisle could use width as well. There is never enough overhead cabin space as people force their bags into very small compartments.
Aircraft TypeMD-88
Seat Layout3x2
Date FlownMay 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"This is not Premium Economy"

Unverified | Normally fly with Virgin Australia but on our return flight Lax-Sydney (13-14 hour flight) the aircraft was operated by Delta. When I booked I did not pick up on this. Never Again! All you get is an economy class seat with 3 extra inches of legroom. No additional width. This is not Premium Economy! Other airlines improve the food, service and the seats are more comfortable. With only 3 inches of extra legroom and the narrow seat, this is not satisfactory for an international flight as one can't stretch out. Because I booked through Virgin the flight was quite a bit extra. To top the experience our section of the plane had no power thus no entertainment.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownFebruary 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"I search for Boeing 767s"

Unverified | It's a shame Boeing has designed its international aircraft to appease airlines seeking to cram as many passengers as possible aboard a flight, this means the 9 or 10-across configurations depending on aircraft type. Airbus at least has gone with a 2-4-2 configuration for most international aircraft. That said, I search for Boeing 767s because the 2-3-2 configuration, even in economy, let my wife and me enjoy a window for her and aisle for me. Delta still offers 767s and will move soon to the Airbus A350, which probably will have a 2-4-2 in Delta Comfort (premium economy). I hope so. British Airways offers 2-4-2 World Traveller Plus on 777s and 747s, but Delta seats were more comfortable cushioning and legroom was not noticeably different (36-inch pitch for Delta v. 38-inch for BA). We flew one time aboard American Airlines 777 which was a horrible 2-5-2 arrangement. We had one of the 2s, but the overall cabin feeling was crammed. I'm sensible and aware of the need to earn a profit, but the reduction of seat pitch in economy makes me opt for more expensive premium economy, which, of course, is what the airlines intend.
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"really small, old, very hard "

Verified Review | Flew from Seoul to Seattle on Delta Air Lines Boeing 767-300. The seat was really small, old, very, very hard and had to apply force to recline.
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"legroom is horrible"

Seat 15A is considered Premium but it's terrible! No window, very narrow seat (my elbows are totally squashed) and legroom is horrible. I am fairly slim, 5'6" - can't imagine how a bigger person could even fit. I usually prefer Delta over other airlines, but this flight has definitely been disappointing and very uncomfortable!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-900ER
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownNovember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seats sturdy and comfortable"

Flew on a Boeing 767-300ER from Heathrow to Chicago via Atlanta, in comfort plus. I was particularly impressed with the separation of the cabin between business and economy, it lowered the noise level (not a quiet cabin to begin with) and made the flight much more enjoyable. It was far from a new plane, and the aesthetics combined with no wifi and a 15 year old IFE system left little to be desired. The seats themselves, on the other hand, were sturdy and comfortable, and although there was no increase in width from economy, the additional legroom and recline made getting a bit of sleep a little easier. Because of experiences on domestic flights, I would not recommend Delta in general.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767-300ER
Date FlownDecember 2015

"the legroom was decent"

Although the seat is not the most comfortable in the sky you get a world class entertainment system along with USB outlets for your devices. And to add on to all of this the seat is one of the wider seats that I have flown on. The legroom was decent, and you could recline the seat a fair distance back.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownAugust 2016

"CRJ 900 is comfortable"

(New Caledonia)

Just a quick flight (1h15 min) from YQB to JFK. Crew was helpful and friendly. Only soft drinks and pretzels as snacks, it is better than nothing. The plane is comfortable, the room under the seat to slide my bag is average, maybe a bit small (but I have seen smaller and not many bigger than this).
Aircraft TypeCRJ 900
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownMay 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"not paying to upgrade again"

Upgraded to comfort which was a complete waste of money if you like to enjoy a drink like I do. During a 9 hour flight we were offered a drink three times and were only allowed one at a time. I don't want to get drunk when travelling but this is pretty poor for $100. I was told that if I hadn't upgraded I could have purchased more than one drink per round. I would have been better off not upgrading and staying in economy. The legroom was good but not massively better than standard Emirates economy. The "upgraded" entertainment was very poor compared to other airlines. What is the point of having only season 3 episode 4 of a certain show? The food wasn't as good as standard economy on other airlines either. I also didn't see any of the "premium" snacks that were advertised. I will be avoiding Delta in future and will certainly not be paying to upgrade to comfort plus again if I have to fly with them.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Date FlownFebruary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"be sure the seats have cushions"

I took Delta ATL to LHR October 29; return Nov 5, 2015. I paid extra about $120 for extra comfort outbound. I thought I bought it both ways but I did not. Anyway, I think I was in Seat 23 E. it had plenty of leg room (I am 6'2") but the seat cushion had absolutely no padding in it. The seat reclined very nicely but my tailbone could not stand the hard seat bottom. The food provided was tasty and I had plenty of fluids offered; no problem with the service at all. I can't imagine that seat's condition was anything other than a mistake. On my return flight the equipment was a 767-400 and I was in the last seat on the port side. The cushion in it was much better (at least there was one) and I had an empty seat next to mine. Again, no complaints about the food and fluids and the service. I was more comfortable without the extra cost. Overall I thought I had a good trip for the cost and would do it again with Delta; just be sure the seats have cushions.
Date FlownNovember 2015