Vote Airport

Delta Air Lines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"plenty of legroom for me"

The seat had plenty of legroom for me, even though I'm 6'4" (195 cm.). The only problem (which isn't really Delta's fault) was that the cabin was too short for me to stand up straight. the flight was a short one, from Rochester MY (ROC) to JFK. Because of this, the cabin crew did not serve drinks in the economy cabin. There was enough room for my bags. The inflight wifi did not run fast enough for any pages to load. I wanted to use it to track where the flight was and use Delta Studio, but I could do neither.
Aircraft TypeCRJ700
Seat Storage 12345

"seat in front was so close"

Average height and build but the seat in front of me was so close I could not get my knees in without an injury. Worse to come when the seat in front of me reclined and I found mine and my travelling companions wouldn't. I ended up with the seat in front of me just inches from my face. I complained to the steward who said the flight was full so spent as much time on the flight as I could standing up. I could not eat sitting. On the return front New York I booked exit seats at $100 each to make sure I didn't suffer the same fate and complained to KLM on my return asking just for a refund on the upgrades as compensation.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x4x2

"worst seat experience"

Seated in exit row on Boeing 737, new plane. Seats have hard sides, making them very narrow even for a narrow person like we both are. Flown on many Boeing 737's with other airlines and this was the first that had this type of seat - felt like they were re-cycled from some old airplane. One of the worst seat experiences in decades of flying
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3x3
Seat Storage 12345

"horrendous seats both ways"

Horrendous seats both ways from New York to London and London to Atlanta. Pay extra for Delta comfort and the seats have as much padding as a Greyhound waiting room seat. These are the new seats as well! I like Delta but there is no way I'm paying extra or anything at all. The little 40 min flight from ATL-CHS had better seats. The couple in front complained directly to cabin crew. Shame.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2

"just plain uncomfortable"

Most uncomfortable flight I've been on. The Delta seats are not ergonomically correct and put stress at the wrong points on the back. I'm 5'6" and average size so I don't normally have any issues whatsoever with airline seats. This caused back pain, and I won't be flying Delta again. There were 4 legs (2 to destination and 2 return) to my trip and each plane had the same issue - poorly designed seats. Doesn't matter configuration, doesn't matter aisle or window, the seats are just plain uncomfortable.
Aircraft TypeEmbraer 175

"horribly uncomfortable"

The seats were horribly uncomfortable on both parts of my trip. They want you to put carry-on items under the seats, but the seats are so close that it is very difficult to get them out again. And, if you do get things out, you are probably going to hit your seat mate. The aisles are so narrow that even really skinny people hit other travelers when they walk down the aisles.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 717
Seat Layout2x3
Seat Storage 12345

"cannot recommend this seat"

The rows of seats are placed so close to each other that it is extremely difficult to get seated with so little room. In an emergency evacuation, I would not be able to get to the aisle without assistance. When the passenger in front of anyone sitting in this section (first class) reclined his/her seat, it was impossible to get the tray table to clear the reclined seat. I wanted a first class experience; Delta refers to this class as Premium Economy. It's much, much more about Delta's economy than it is about being premium. I cannot recommend this seat (and its additional expense) to anyone.
Aircraft TypeA320

"legroom is unbelievable"

What has happened to Delta's seat pitch? The legroom is unbelievable, there is none! I measured the distance between the front of my seat and seat in front and width was the exact width of my IPad width! It looks like they've also put another row into 1st class on their 737's as well. They have now gone to the max limit of uncomfort now! After years of using Delta and being a Diamond status member, I'll have to call it quits with them.
Aircraft TypeMD90
Seat Layout2x2, 3x3
Date FlownNovember 2015

"too high seating"

Not a fan of Delta Airlines. Over the years whenever I've flown with them, they've been consistent showing me why I should not fly with them from mud in a salad to the non-ergonomic too high seating on their larger planes that left my feet dangling and knees stressed resulting in cutting off blood circulation and swelling up my legs, ankles and feet. I took off my shoes to try and reach them to plant my feet on the floor. That still wasn't reachable. I couldn't stretch my legs with comfort and the recline button was stuck. The steward tagged my bag at the dock but didn't say anything and I found out later the tag meant to check it but I didn't because they didn't communicate that verbally with me. There was enough room in the overhead storage anyhow. Attendants constantly hit my shoulder when I had the aisle. Old planes with old technology. I am 5'4" and fit. I hope to never fly with Delta again. I hadn't in years but the past two trips I did.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"I was completely ripped off"

I am tall at 6'3", but my legs are not that long 32" inseam. I always pay extra for premium economy seats. On most airlines the extra premium is worth it. I usually have an extra 4 to 6 inches between my knees and the seat in front of me. However, the Delta Comfort seats are anything, but comfortable. My knees were jammed up against the seat in front of me, which was not fully reclined. The poor lady in front of me who also paid extra for a comfort seat couldn't fully recline her seat because my knees were jammed up against her seat. The premium for "comfort seating" on this trip was $386.00 round trip Pasco to Detroit. I think I was completely ripped off. It looks like maybe an inch more of leg room than regular seats. Looks like what they did was cram the economy seats even closer together and the few seats they didn't they call "comfort seating". I call it false advertising.
Aircraft TypeA320