Airline of the Year

China Eastern Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"low segment airline"

Verified Review | I told the China Eastern Airlines that I am disabled, have a double total hip replacement and MS. On my trip from Amsterdam to BKK I had enough legspace because I have spasms when have a narrow seat. But in AMS they checked me in on an aisle seat so that was ok. However, on my way back from BKK to AMS I asked the not so polite attendant if I could sit 2 places forward for my legs. She said I had to stay down in the seat. After a couple of hours I wanted to go to sleep a bit, but unlucky they had given me a seat by the emercency exit and those chairs can't be placed in the sleeping position, so 11 hour straight up in a flying fridge was very uncomfortable, and took me a couple of days to recover. I have flown with many companies, and this is a low segment airline, not so friendly staff, and in my case the most terrible place to sit.
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownNovember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"the same as other long haul"

Los Angeles to Seoul via Shanghai. The Boeing 777 was very clean and looked new. The flight was maybe 70% full and there was extra space in many rows. I had an aisle seat and an empty seat next to me so had some extra room. Seats were about the same as other long haul I have been on. After about 8-10 hours they start feeling a little hard. Leg room was as I would expect in economy and IFE was adequate. Food was reasonably good for airline food and drinks were offered through the flight. Only downside was the flight attendants were - don't think I ever saw a smile. Best thing about the flight was the price. The stopover hotel is another story - don't do it. Just stay in the airport, or pay for your own room at an airport hotel.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"satisfied with the service"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Tokyo via Shanghai on A330 I was really satisfied with the service, on-board entertainment, food, crew. Everything was very good, comparable with European and American airlines. I read really bad reviews before the flight but reality was so different. I recommend it to everyone! One thing I don't understand is that all mobile phones are not allowed during the whole flight, but that's chinese law.
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"comfort was very good"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Our flight was from Chendu to Bangkok. The check in was slow but competent. Terminal 1 is the older terminal but the departure area has been modernized. Our flight was operated by an A319. The interior was a blue and white scheme and the cabin immaculate. Seat pitch and comfort was very good. The cerw looked professional and greeted us in English. Service included two drink offers and a hot meal. We did not eat by choice so have no comment on the meals.
Aircraft TypeA319
Seat Layout3X3
Date FlownOctober 2016

"services are so poor"

(South Korea)

ICN-PVG-LHR and CDG-PVG-ICN. I sat near lavatory and it make some sounds like crash when people after use lavatory. Overall MU services are so poor.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"attendants are plentiful and responsive"

Flew China Eastern March-April 2013 - 7 times during a three week trip including roundtrip from LAX- Shanghai and five trips within China including Hong Kong- Shanghai (round trip) Shanghai-Beijing Beijing-Xi'an Xi'an-Chengdu. The airline batted 100 percent in three categories: None of the flights were on time. All of the food was pretty bad (even for airplane food standards) and all the in-flight entertainment was outdated or physically unviewable. We did have one recent American film shown and it was great - but it was a 1.5 hour flight so they cut it off before the ending. They are quick to warn you regarding turbulence and the flight attendants are plentiful and responsive. Best meal was the Chinese breakfast of yogurt fruit and pork and chicken dumplings. Drinks are frequently served but beer/wine if at all available runs out quickly (but it is free in economy). No hard alcohol in economy.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"no PTV or AVOD very poor"

No PTV or AVOD very poor. All we could do is watch main screen clips and listen to poor music.
Aircraft TypeA340-300