Vote Now

Cathay Pacific Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Tiniest and hardest seats"

Verified Review | Tiniest and hardest seats of any A330 I've flown. Lost count of how many times the adjacent passenger elbowed me having crossed over the armrest divide. Headphone port was hard to find. Movies took 20 minutes to load. I did get a pillow but it was rather old and stained. Disappointed there was no outdoor cam unlike CX newer and better planes. The fact of the USB port was about the only good thing about this flight.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJanuary 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"benefit from wider armrests"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Sydney. Boeing 777 B-KQL Was not a great flight as it was packed. Seats were bigger than my last flight which was a tiny A330. Cabin was hot and I was surprised that there was no adjustable air conditioning nozzles which most domestic flights would have? The overhead stowage unit which my seat was allocated had a sticker which said it was for 'flight amenities only' so I did not use it. Turned out later it was a meaningless sticker as another passenger disregarded. I think the plane would benefit from wider armrests and maybe a clear line of division on the carpet as the passenger next to me encroached my leg space by half a foot even after I moved as far left as I could. Some good features were the USB port, the outdoor camera, the fact it was a relatively new plane, and the ability to manage bookings more than 24 hours in advance.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"seat width very good"

Flew Vancouver to Hong Kong (Boeing 777) in November 2016. Very good service onboard. Onboard flight attendants were very knowledgable and professional. Meals were very good. Leg room and seat width very good. Nice 9inch TVs with fairly recent movies with a classics option. Only concern is that the terminal staff for the Cathay transfers desk were very stressed and tense.
Date FlownNovember 2016

"not a very wide seat"

(China)

Verified Review | Easy to transfer to connecting flights to and from mainland China with Cathay Pacific's cooperation with Cathay Dragon. Club members were taken good care of, including priority of boarding and much faster check in. Food is pretty delicious, but low-fat food is not good at all. Very clean and comfortable cabin environment, all equipment in good condition. Quite good on board entertainment system. Pleasant experience when waiting in HKG with plenty shops and restaurants available. Not a very wide seat, as well as lack of support for neck, made the 13 hour flight kind of stressful. Not very easy to get services in sleeping time.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Inflight entertainment was excellent"

The Cabin crew were very helpful and polite, especially when assisting with passengers that require attention like my father who were disabled; we we're informed what to do before leaving the plane. There was a good hand-over process from which the assistance on the airport were waiting for us and guided us to the fast lane. The food was excellent, no problem there. Inflight entertainment was excellent lots of updated movies and tv series. Unfortunately, the only problem were the seats because they were too cramp and cannot easily maneuver expecially if you're in the middle seat. I have tried sleeping but after a while i will gain neck pain and leg cramps but i guess economy class will always be but i hope in the future it is rectified for more comfort without paying for an upgrade.

"maintained 9-abreast configuration"

Bulkhead new Economy seats are very wide seats compared to airlines in the US. CX has so far maintained the Boeing 777 9-abreast configuration, making it feel less cramped. The only issue with bulkhead seats is the storage - you'll only have a seat pocket which is reasonably far away. But overall, I would give up that storage if it meant more comfort on a 16-hour flight.
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"legroom and recline was wonderful"

(Indonesia)

Seat width, legroom and recline was wonderful on Cathay Pacific premium economy seats for Boeing 777-300 flying from Hong Kong to Jakarta. The comfort of the seats, as well as the width and legroom was beyond my expectations. I liked the little tray under the IFE where I can store my little things. Eg. my glasses while i sleep, and store my phone when i charge it with the usb port that is right next to the IFE.
Seat Layout2x4x2
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"width is more generous than some"

Vancouver to New York. I decided to book a bulkhead seat as per usual. The seat width is more generous than some other airlines which have Economy Class in 3x4x3 configuration. CX's IFE for Economy on the 777-300ER still has the 9-inch PTV, and with the extra legroom at bulkhead seats, it takes a bit of squinting to see what's going on. For some reason, either it was the person sitting behind me or the seat was kind of malfunctioning, I didn't get much recline. Overall, great airline with great seating products.

"was fairly comfortable"

I flew from JFK to HKG on CX last February. The flight was fairly comfortable (16 hours flight). IFE screen could have been larger as well as the seat legroom. The food was fine for economy, but the portion was not enough (for me), ice cream was offered for dessert at the main meal service. Crews were friendly. While flying on CX for many times I've observed that if you're an elderly or unaccompanied minors (as well as disables or people having trouble navigating through their seats), the crews would offer them seats in the front cabin (can be PE, can be business) if they're empty seats.
Date FlownFebruary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Boeing 777-300 was quite comfortable "

SFO to Hong Kong. The seats on this old Boeing 777-300 was quite comfortable and has better legroom. Enough storage for putting my bags under the seat, TV screen was quiet near and there is a USB port under the screen. The seat power supply was under the seat means it's hard for me to find 1 to charge my laptop. The seat has better recline than other airlines I ever used. The width is enough for me as I am 1.7 m tall.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300