Top 100 Airlines

British Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"this is cheap and greedy"

British Airways charge $50 - $59 each per segment to guarantee seats together as a family. In our case, with two flights the total is $300 - $354 beyond the over $2,000 we've paid for tickets. I wouldn't have booked with British Airways if I had known this prior. This is the first time we've encountered this on BA, so it'll be our last flight on British Airways. I consider it extortion to charge a family that much money to guarantee seats together for long international flights (almost 22 hours total). One of my family members has severe flight anxiety. It's a disservice to our family and to the stranger who may potentially be seated next to her. This is a cheap, greedy means of extracting more money from customers. (And BTW, I'm not talking about exit row or special seats - these are regular coach seats, including even a middle seat.) I can try for seats together 24 hours prior to the flight, and can hope that I can arrange to have online access at that time, and HOPE that my family, after paying so much money can sit together for the 22 hours of flight time.
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"plane we were on a piece of junk"

Verified Review | This was by far the most disappointing waste of upgrade miles ever used. I used 30,000 miles I believe to upgrade to World Traveler Plus (Premium Economy). My first complaint was with the worn out cloth that covered the seats. There were tears in the fabric and the foam padding in the seats is clearly in need of replacement. My second complaint is that there was no power point at my seat. The AVOD system was a joke. We left London Gatwick Airport and they rebooted the system 4 times because it would not work. Sometime around the third hour into the flight it began to work, but my screen was so scratched and dull that it did not matter, I couldn't watch anything on it. All I could see was a washed out echo of a picture. BA has stated time and time again that all of their 777-200's have been upgraded with the new cabin. Well I am here to tell you they are lying. This plane we were on was a piece of junk. I have my return flight tomorrow, and I am dreading getting the same plane. It is the London to Tampa (Disney) service, so why bother spending money upgrading the plane when it is constantly full of families spending their hard earned money - expecting great things from BA - but BA providing a very poor service. I believe BA is taking part in a bait and switch tactic with their planes, trying to get people to upgrade a cabin while showing them Boeing Dreamliner's and Airbus A380's, but unless you are flying to New York or Boston you end up on one of their junkers, having wasted your miles. I will be complaining in person and via email and letter upon my return.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Seat Layout2-4-2
Date FlownApril 2016

"the largest IFE boxes"

British Airways A380 from London to San Francisco. I have always found British Airways food and service to be better than the average and they recognise loyalty with some good perks when you have silver or higher status. But my biggest disappointment is they have invested all this money into new economy cabins with new IFE, and have taken up half of the passenger foot space with the largest equipment boxes I have ever seen on an airline. You could maybe try to excuse it on their refitted older aircraft, but for brand new aircraft like the A380, it's inexcusable. I have flown the A380 on Emirates, Etihad, and BA, and the former 2 have IFE systems that are a league ahead of BA, yet there isn't a single equipment box to be seen anywhere. With BA, in a single row of 10 seats, there are at least 6 of these boxes. The A380 is undoubtedly the most comfortable aircraft in the sky for economy passengers, and yet incredibly, BA have found a way to negate that.
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seat is quite comfortable"

(China)

It is good to fly British Airways Premium Economy if on an A380. It is 2x4x2 across as on 777 but wider, and good that it is on upper deck so that the window seat gets advantage of a drawer space by the window. Service is better than on Economy, and they are generous on drinks. I think the meal is different from the economy meal. The seat is quite comfortable.
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"incredibly bad seats"

British Airways Boeing 777-300 has easily the most uncomfortable seats that I have ever sat in. Wafer thin padding and the worst headrest ever. Keep in mind I am 5'9" tall and weigh 67 kilos, so not over weight or huge. The in-flight entertainment had limited options and the food was not much to write home about. The staff was friendly and helpful though. But, that does not take away from incredibly bad seats.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seats were still pretty uncomfortable"

Mixed feelings as we only paid £55 each to upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy for the long haul flight between LHR and Buenos Aires. For this price it was worth it for the extra room, privacy, champagne on arrival etc. However if I'd paid the full price, I'd have been pretty annoyed - especially on the return flight. Both times they'd run out of our choice of food for the main meal, seats were still pretty uncomfortable, tiny flickering screens etc. The quality of food on the return flight was terrible. However, from what I could see of economy class it changed our experience from unbearable to bearable! Perhaps I'm a bit naive, but I really expected better from British Airways.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Seat Storage 12345

"most uncomfortable fight to date"

I was in economy class on a flight to London, from New York. This was without a doubt, my most uncomfortable fight to date. I have flown all over the world and never been so uncomfortable. British Airways no longer has arm rests, they have half walls on the side of each chair. As a woman with hips, I was so jammed into my seat, that I was in discomfort my entire ride. I am average size, with a pair of hips that don't fit into a square box. To add insult to injury, being so jammed into my seat my thighs, everything was more difficult to maneuver. It made me uncomfortable and rather embarrassed. I upgraded my flight home just so I wouldn't have to deal with it. I will not be flying BA again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was very uncomfortable"

The flight was pleasant however the Boeing 747-400 seat was very uncomfortable for a night flight back to Heathrow. They say people like to arrive refreshed once they get off the plane, I felt like I need being stretched out after being crammed in. The landing by the pilots was one of the worst I've ever experienced. The service by the cabin crew was excellent and food was satisfactory. For a company that is supposed to be the flag carrier of Britain it was very disappointing.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"will never fly BA again"

We flew return on BA from LHR to YYZ on a Boeing 787. The seating was very small. My seatmates are all over 6 ft. The seats in front are very close, the inconsiderate person in front of me immediately reclined the seat to its max. I had to put my book away because between the back of the seat and my face was 9 inches. This was 6+ hours that felt like 18 hours. When I turned on the movie the screen it was so close that I couldn't see the screen. I will never fly BA again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Storage 12345

"economy seats are horrific"

Flew LHR -TLV return on Boeing 787 and this was my first experience of the British Airways Boeing 787. The economy seats are horrific! I am 6ft tall and of average build. Managed to secure an exit seat on the first leg but found it very tight. The return leg was a nightmare. I had a centre seat and could not move even in the slightest without disturbing my neighbours. We were literally shoulder to shoulder and wedged. Then the passenger in front reclined their seat and it was like being buried alive. To give a sense of proportion, I stretched out my arm in front of me and my elbow went past the seat in front. my screen was pointed at my chest and almost so close I could not focus. I will never travel British Airways Boeing 787 again. I will pay anything extra to avoid it or alternatively not travel at all.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787