Top 100 Airports

British Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"BA Economy is only getting worse"

Verified Review | The legroom on BA Economy is only getting worse as they change planes and try to squeeze more passengers onboard. The undercarriage of the seats in-front prohibited much of the area to put your feet during the flight. Due to the seats being made narrower to fit in more seats across the plane they do not give you much wiggle room, which is essential for a long haul flight. The gentleman in front of me had his chair reclined the whole journey which forced me to do the same, which became a domino effect throughout the plane as you are unable to see the small TV screen in front of you. The power supply in economy was a single USB point next to the screen area, which is limiting if you need to use a laptop or a device not using a USB for charging.
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"not as good as they used to be"

Verified Review | London to Bangalore. Seat 12A in Premium Economy. Bulkhead seat so plenty of legroom. Seat width OK. A bit hard on the posterior - using the supplied cushion helped. To be honest if you are a light sleeper you're better off with a flat bed in Business. Headrest not easily adjustable unlike the newer Economy seat. No power or storage, only a connection for headphones. Headphones supplied were good - better than the in-ear ones in Economy. Also received eyeshades, ear plugs (horrid), socks, a toothbrush and toothpaste. Plenty of food - main meal 2hrs after takeoff followed by breakfast 2hrs before landing. VOD poor, on a bulkhead seat it is on an arm which doesn't really stay at the required angle. Lots of screen burn on this particular unit as well. Selection of movies and TV shows not up to par with the Middle Eastern airlines. Overall feeling was that the plane and decor were a bit tired. Cabin crew perfunctory but not hugely friendly. Overall, BA are not as good as they used to be and have been overtaken by the Middle and Far Eastern carriers. A shame, but for this route they are the only ones who fly direct.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"foot space is a complete joke"

Travelled on A380 from London Heathrow to San Francisco. Economy class foot space under the seats is a complete joke. In a row of 3 seats we had 2 large boxes which I assume houses IFE control equipment. I am 5'7", and was sat at a window seat. The box (the size of a desktop pc) is placed in such a way you can only stretch out one leg unless you sat diagonally in your seat. For a 10 hour flight was very poor. Also seats in front seem to either recline back further or are thicker than older models as when the seat came back, the screen was about 10inches from your face, so very difficult to view the screen so close. Poorly designed for a new plane. Flew back on one of the older, but better designed planes for long haul flights. Would recommend the airline, but not the choice of plane for long journeys.
Date FlownJune 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seat spacing totally inadequate"

It is time British Airways got rid of their old 747s. I flew Heathrow-Joburg return and both times the seat spacing was totally inadequate. I am 5'9" tall 73 kgs, not a large person and I could not even cross my legs to get comfortable on the 11 hour flight. On the return flight the aircon in our seating area was not working and as the plane had been standing in the sun all day it was like an oven. Part of the galley oven units were not working and meal times were manic with staff running up and down the plane with oven trays of food from one area to another. The staff did their best but it was not good. This was the first time I have used British Airways in over thirty years because of past bad experiences, seems things have not really changed.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747
Seat Storage 12345

"Club Europe a waste of money"

Club Europe on BA is a complete waste of money. The only thing you get for the extra money is a fairly good meal. The leg room is no difference, there is no "middle seat" for comfort, as there is other airlines The fast checkin at the airport was broken so we had to queue with everybody else. When the plane landed at Heathrow, we disembarked via a door behind Club Europe seats. Staff did not allow us to go first thus making it a mad dash for the door. There were many older people in Club Europe and they seemed fairly overwhelmed. Club Europe bags were last out and therefore we had to wait over half an hour for our bags. We are unsure exactly what the extra cost for Club Europe gave us and at over £200 per person we were disappointed, to say the least We complained about this but received absolutely no response, apology or compensation from British Airways .In summary, do not waste your money on flying Club Europe with BA.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownJanuary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"this is cheap and greedy"

British Airways charge $50 - $59 each per segment to guarantee seats together as a family. In our case, with two flights the total is $300 - $354 beyond the over $2,000 we've paid for tickets. I wouldn't have booked with British Airways if I had known this prior. This is the first time we've encountered this on BA, so it'll be our last flight on British Airways. I consider it extortion to charge a family that much money to guarantee seats together for long international flights (almost 22 hours total). One of my family members has severe flight anxiety. It's a disservice to our family and to the stranger who may potentially be seated next to her. This is a cheap, greedy means of extracting more money from customers. (And BTW, I'm not talking about exit row or special seats - these are regular coach seats, including even a middle seat.) I can try for seats together 24 hours prior to the flight, and can hope that I can arrange to have online access at that time, and HOPE that my family, after paying so much money can sit together for the 22 hours of flight time.
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"plane we were on a piece of junk"

Verified Review | This was by far the most disappointing waste of upgrade miles ever used. I used 30,000 miles I believe to upgrade to World Traveler Plus (Premium Economy). My first complaint was with the worn out cloth that covered the seats. There were tears in the fabric and the foam padding in the seats is clearly in need of replacement. My second complaint is that there was no power point at my seat. The AVOD system was a joke. We left London Gatwick Airport and they rebooted the system 4 times because it would not work. Sometime around the third hour into the flight it began to work, but my screen was so scratched and dull that it did not matter, I couldn't watch anything on it. All I could see was a washed out echo of a picture. BA has stated time and time again that all of their 777-200's have been upgraded with the new cabin. Well I am here to tell you they are lying. This plane we were on was a piece of junk. I have my return flight tomorrow, and I am dreading getting the same plane. It is the London to Tampa (Disney) service, so why bother spending money upgrading the plane when it is constantly full of families spending their hard earned money - expecting great things from BA - but BA providing a very poor service. I believe BA is taking part in a bait and switch tactic with their planes, trying to get people to upgrade a cabin while showing them Boeing Dreamliner's and Airbus A380's, but unless you are flying to New York or Boston you end up on one of their junkers, having wasted your miles. I will be complaining in person and via email and letter upon my return.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Seat Layout2-4-2

"the largest IFE boxes"

British Airways A380 from London to San Francisco. I have always found British Airways food and service to be better than the average and they recognise loyalty with some good perks when you have silver or higher status. But my biggest disappointment is they have invested all this money into new economy cabins with new IFE, and have taken up half of the passenger foot space with the largest equipment boxes I have ever seen on an airline. You could maybe try to excuse it on their refitted older aircraft, but for brand new aircraft like the A380, it's inexcusable. I have flown the A380 on Emirates, Etihad, and BA, and the former 2 have IFE systems that are a league ahead of BA, yet there isn't a single equipment box to be seen anywhere. With BA, in a single row of 10 seats, there are at least 6 of these boxes. The A380 is undoubtedly the most comfortable aircraft in the sky for economy passengers, and yet incredibly, BA have found a way to negate that.
Date FlownOctober 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seat is quite comfortable"

(China)

It is good to fly British Airways Premium Economy if on an A380. It is 2x4x2 across as on 777 but wider, and good that it is on upper deck so that the window seat gets advantage of a drawer space by the window. Service is better than on Economy, and they are generous on drinks. I think the meal is different from the economy meal. The seat is quite comfortable.
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"incredibly bad seats"

British Airways Boeing 777-300 has easily the most uncomfortable seats that I have ever sat in. Wafer thin padding and the worst headrest ever. Keep in mind I am 5'9" tall and weigh 67 kilos, so not over weight or huge. The in-flight entertainment had limited options and the food was not much to write home about. The staff was friendly and helpful though. But, that does not take away from incredibly bad seats.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300