British Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (United Kingdom) 27th July 2015

As I wanted to ensure that both my wife and I sat together in Club Europe part of the cabin, I was constantly checking the availability of seats. So I checked on Sat, 18th and Sunday 19th and on both occasions the only seats that were available were 2+2+1+1+1, so 7 in total. Therefore I felt that I could not wait until Tues, 21st for online check in, as I wanted to ensure that I sat next to my wife. So with that in mind I pre-booked 2 seats 15a and 15b to ensure that we sat together and the extra £50. However, when I checked the seat availability again on Mon, 20th and Tues 21st, I was shocked to see that there were plenty of seats available. When I saw this I felt I had been forced and cheated by BA to pay an extra £50, this left a bitter taste in my mouth and was angry with the way I had been treated by BA. The flight was delayed for 1 hour 40mins without an explanation as to why. Ok, these things happen but an explanation as to why were were delayed would have been appreciated. By the time the cabin crew came round with the supposed lunch, it was close to 3pm and by the time the cabin crew reached us, they could not offer us a choice of food and the only thing that was left, was Fish. Therefore we were left with 2 trays of front of us with a salad bowl, a bread roll, an empty cup and an empty glass and a napkin with various cutlery, totally useless if you have no food to eat. Eventually crew managed to find a Chicken dish that we could eat. The Club Europe cabin was not sectioned off to the economy class passengers. So these passengers were constantly walking past us to use the toilet facilities that were meant for Club Europe passengers. After several complaints from myself and fellow passengers did they make an announcement over the PA about the facilities. However this did not stop the constant flow of passengers
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x2x2
Date Flown27-07-2015

Review by (Singapore) 22nd July 2015

Seat was cramped. I'm 180cm, or 5ft 9. Sat at an aisle sea; 32f. Left leg sort of lost feeling, right leg could stretch out, and that was the constant struggle I had to deal with. If the front passenger fully reclines, there goes the space which you thought you had. The seat is pretty much over the tray tables, watching a movie whilst eating was a delicate balancing act. Overall, decent but there are better airlines for long haul flights.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date Flown21-07-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 10th July 2015

The narrowest, hardest airline seat I have ever flown in. It was an overnight flight from Philadelphia to London. I am not a big person (163cm tall, 52kg) but I had to scrunch my shoulders together to fit in the seat. I had pins and needles for 24 hours after the flight. Other people around me who were larger than me (but not 'big' people by any stretch of the imagination) had to keep their arms folded for the whole flight in order to fit in the seat. Lots of people were complaining. I emailed a complaint to BA, which was met with "sorry to hear, hope it hasn't deterred you from flying with us again". A disgusting way to treat your passengers. I would rather pay more to travel with anyone than BA ever again after this experience.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Date Flown10-06-2015

Review by (United States) 8th July 2015

My husband and I sat in two of the seats by the windows (which cost extra) so we had a little more room and privacy. We were in 31/B on the way to London and in 30J/K on the way back to Chicago. 31 A/B were better because there was no one behind us. The seats were fairly comfortable, but not comfortable enough for us to really sleep. The arms were really hard and could not be raised because they contained the trays. If the center one could have been raised to make more room it would have helped a lot. I could not really stretch out because of a metal box under the seat in front of me. From reviews I have read of other airlines' premium economy seats, these were good. A pillow, blanket, and eye mask were provided. I am a vegetarian and had a special meal which was all right as was my husband's meal. The flight attendants were very nice and helpful. The movies were fine too.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date Flown08-05-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th July 2015

British Airways "Club Europe" Business Class seat pitch now feels like a budget carrier, never mind the advertising puff. Very disappointed after 3 or 4 of these trips. Sad that British Airways had to pull this trick.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout2 x 2
Date Flown04-06-2015

Review by (Thailand) 3rd July 2015

The 31 inch seat pitch is now so small it is like a long-haul budget airline at premium price. There is reasonable leg room provided you have nothing stashed away there or the IFE box does not get your way. Even with the tray table up, though, window seat passengers have no way of getting out to the washroom without having the other two passengers get up and out into the aisle. That makes you really popular in the middle of a long overnight flight! The back support is reasonable, but after a few hours the seat bottom starts to feel hard. Overall you feel totally cramped and hemmed in. I'll never fly it again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date Flown03-06-2015

Review by (Germany) 21st June 2015

Business Class, Seat 1C in Club Europe on A320. Despite the enhancements made to the interior aesthetics of the short-haul fleet, a fare paying Club Europe passenger is bound to be left less than impressed. Since the refitting and "upgrade" to the new seat, the legroom is completely inadequate. It is now impossible to stretch out, work on a normal sized laptop, and in my opinion has rendered Club Europe basically a redundant product compared.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout2x2
Date Flown21-05-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th June 2015

Premium Economy is well worth the extra money. Comfy and spacious enough to get some sleep, at least not like the economy seating. Food and beverages choices good too.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date Flown20-06-2015

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th May 2015

Beware of seats 25A and B on the new layout in the Airbus 319. They are placed where one of the toilets used to be. There is no window and it feels cramped and claustrophobic. You are also adjacent to the door of the one remaining toilet so expect smells and long queues next to you for most of the flight.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A319
Seat Layout3x3

Review by (Australia) 29th May 2015

Hong Kong to Heathrow return. We thought it being 1 of their new A380 aircraft it would be enjoyable how wrong we were. Sat in seats 71a 71b going over 81a 81b coming back - most uncomfortable seats ever and what's with the entertainment box being under the seat in front of you. I am only 5'2" tall and had no room for my feet because of this box and the Middle armrest only goes half way up. We have flown long haul many times and this would have to be the worst experience ever.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380