British Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

Review by (Germany) 21st June 2015

Business Class, Seat 1C in Club Europe on A320. Despite the enhancements made to the interior aesthetics of the short-haul fleet, a fare paying Club Europe passenger is bound to be left less than impressed. Since the refitting and "upgrade" to the new seat, the legroom is completely inadequate. It is now impossible to stretch out, work on a normal sized laptop, and in my opinion has rendered Club Europe basically a redundant product compared.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout2x2
Date Flown21-05-2015
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th June 2015

Premium Economy is well worth the extra money. Comfy and spacious enough to get some sleep, at least not like the economy seating. Food and beverages choices good too.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date Flown20-06-2015
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th May 2015

Flying from London to Mauritius and back. On way out footrest not working - broken and reported to crew who did nothing. Reported to BA on arrival. Return to LGW 2 weeks later same run down aircraft seat not fixed and in addition my wife's was broken as well this time. Reported to crew again and an engineer did a temporary fix before take-off. It soon broke again! Didn't have dinner it was 1am but breakfast was the worst I have been presented with in over 40 years of frequent flying a grey/green omelette and undercooked sausage - I did not eat it. It was an old WT+ cabin and even if they had been properly working the seats are not good. Food same as Economy drinks from plastic and paper cups. It really is a very poor product and `BA should be ashamed of it. I would not travel with BA long haul in this cabin ever again as it offers poor value for money and great discomfort. Save up to go Club if at all possible or choose another airline on the same route whose Premium Economy lives up to what it claims.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-200

Review by (United Kingdom) 29th May 2015

Beware of seats 25A and B on the new layout in the Airbus 319. They are placed where one of the toilets used to be. There is no window and it feels cramped and claustrophobic. You are also adjacent to the door of the one remaining toilet so expect smells and long queues next to you for most of the flight.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A319
Seat Layout3x3

Review by (Australia) 29th May 2015

Hong Kong to Heathrow return. We thought it being 1 of their new A380 aircraft it would be enjoyable how wrong we were. Sat in seats 71a 71b going over 81a 81b coming back - most uncomfortable seats ever and what's with the entertainment box being under the seat in front of you. I am only 5'2" tall and had no room for my feet because of this box and the Middle armrest only goes half way up. We have flown long haul many times and this would have to be the worst experience ever.

Review by (United States) 29th May 2015

We had flown LAX to Heathrow in BA World Traveller plus seats 2x4x2 and were able to survive - but on the return in the standard Economy seats it was awful. It was inhumane! If the seat in front reclines you are trapped. The armrest won't come all the way up so a large person has an awful time getting out of their seat. I would hate to be in the middle of a row. Very bad and unhealthy seating.

Review by (Australia) 29th May 2015

I fleSYD-LHR return trip having recently had surgery on my left leg. Outbound I stood up for 7 hours from SYD-SIN as cabin crew decided my leg was sticking out too far and there was insufficient room to get my leg under the seat. On the return my seat offered better leg room but despite many empty seats BA allocated two large men next to me. I had to have my carry on case to keep my leg elevated which meant the two men were trapped in their seats. BA didn't ask to see my Dr's letter to understand what I was going through. The staff did their very best to avoid all eye contact with passengers (presumably in case we asked for something!). My headset socket didn't work but the staff just blamed the previous crew. I could write about the state of the toilets but I'd rather forget what I saw. Suffice to say I drank nothing on the flight to ensure a bathroom visit was not required. My experience with BA has left me quite certain I will never book them again.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777
Seat Layout3x3x3

Review by (United Kingdom) 2nd April 2015

I flew from Hong Kong to London. After a code share on an old Cathay Pacific plane I was looking forward to flying on one of the new A380s. I was quickly disappointed however. BA have decided to cram people in on this new plane. The legroom and general seat comfort was very poor. I only fly BA as I travel a lot with work and use BA for EU flights but I won't fly long haul with them again. It's disgraceful the tiny amount of room they give while continually saying "enjoy your flight". It is a matter of endurance not enjoyment.

Review by (Canada) 22nd March 2015

Just returned from London into Vancouver. Seats are not comfortable. You could get jammed into a wretched four in a row middle seat. Leg room and recline marginal. Food horrific. Service average. Scratchy blanket. TV screen kept freezing and acting up. Just economy with a little bit more leg room and given the lack of comfort not worth it. I will never book this again and will not fly British Airways again - part of it is just a feeling of the crew not caring very much. Not very pleasant either being sandwiched between business class and first class which had lovely cabins service and reclining seats. Felt like a lower class citizen with the red rope across the curtains to first class. The food was horrific. No priority boarding. Last bags to be let off in Vancouver.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd March 2015

London to Bangkok 12 hour flight. Seat in front was in full recline position for 10 of those hours. Couldn't see the tv screen in front of me as too close with the recline position of person in front.. Felt very claustrophobic and couldn't sit comfortably as no leg room - sat at an angle and now very stiff. Endurance test!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777