Top 100 Airlines

British Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Leg room non existent"

Verified Review | Felt like a monkey in a shrunken cage. Shame on BA for this inhumane treatment. I will never fly with BA again. Leg room is non existent, then wait for panic when the forward passenger reclines. Unable to comfortably eat, as there is no elbow room. No control for individual air flow. Was told air crew had control. I asked attendant to turn down the heat. Twice. Nothing changed. BY the time the food trolley had reached us in row 41, they had ran out of 1st choice. On the row ahead of us and may others, the cloth had separated from the plastic back, exposing foam padding.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"leg room dramatically reduced"

Sadly leg room has dramatically reduced since the new roll out of seats. As a 6'3" long legged man I always picked British Airways as I felt that they gave me an extra inch of leg room over the budget airlines. Looks like this is no longer the case as flying from Faro to Gatwick my legs were firmly wedged into the back of the seat in front, leaving me with nice dented, sore knees on arrival. If anyone is over 5'5' I would advise against flying in economy class with British Airways. They are now a budget airline with premium prices, the worst combination.
Aircraft TypeA321
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Legroom has been reduced too"

Verified Review | Disappointed with the latest cuts by British Airways. No snacks/napkins with the drinks (we used to get a bag of nuts, lemon slices and a napkin) and no hot meals. On a 3 1/2 hour flight we were served the equivalent of a meal-deal. Coffee and tea are also not automatically provided. The staff were fantastic and surely there is more than enough time to serve a hot meal. Instead we were presented with a box containing a cheese and ham sandwich (or egg and tomato), a 2x1 inch slice of cheese with 2 crackers and a chocolate dessert the size of a small shot glass. Legroom has been reduced too. On the outward flight we had no video either. No value for money. I would strongly recommend budget airlines where tickets cost considerably less and one may bring their own meal-deal on board or local airlines where for the same price-range as BA one is served drinks with snacks, a hot meal followed by tea or coffee. BA is missioned to take passengers' money and give the least possible in return.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownAugust 2016

"Ridiculously restricted footroom"

Ridiculously restricted footroom in every other seat as they have massive metal boxes in the foot space, presumably for the inflight entertainment system. See attached photo. I wrote to complain primarily about this and received an apology for the delay in departing - my complaint was ignored or not read. They really don't give a damn about people in economy and they have no qualms about showing it. Most uncomfortable flight I've had in recent years and clearly not something they can and want to change anytime soon so once I've flown the rest of my booked flights I'm done with BA.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-8
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownAugust 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"BA Economy is only getting worse"

Verified Review | The legroom on BA Economy is only getting worse as they change planes and try to squeeze more passengers onboard. The undercarriage of the seats in-front prohibited much of the area to put your feet during the flight. Due to the seats being made narrower to fit in more seats across the plane they do not give you much wiggle room, which is essential for a long haul flight. The gentleman in front of me had his chair reclined the whole journey which forced me to do the same, which became a domino effect throughout the plane as you are unable to see the small TV screen in front of you. The power supply in economy was a single USB point next to the screen area, which is limiting if you need to use a laptop or a device not using a USB for charging.
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"not as good as they used to be"

Verified Review | London to Bangalore. Seat 12A in Premium Economy. Bulkhead seat so plenty of legroom. Seat width OK. A bit hard on the posterior - using the supplied cushion helped. To be honest if you are a light sleeper you're better off with a flat bed in Business. Headrest not easily adjustable unlike the newer Economy seat. No power or storage, only a connection for headphones. Headphones supplied were good - better than the in-ear ones in Economy. Also received eyeshades, ear plugs (horrid), socks, a toothbrush and toothpaste. Plenty of food - main meal 2hrs after takeoff followed by breakfast 2hrs before landing. VOD poor, on a bulkhead seat it is on an arm which doesn't really stay at the required angle. Lots of screen burn on this particular unit as well. Selection of movies and TV shows not up to par with the Middle Eastern airlines. Overall feeling was that the plane and decor were a bit tired. Cabin crew perfunctory but not hugely friendly. Overall, BA are not as good as they used to be and have been overtaken by the Middle and Far Eastern carriers. A shame, but for this route they are the only ones who fly direct.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJuly 2016
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"foot space is a complete joke"

Travelled on A380 from London Heathrow to San Francisco. Economy class foot space under the seats is a complete joke. In a row of 3 seats we had 2 large boxes which I assume houses IFE control equipment. I am 5'7", and was sat at a window seat. The box (the size of a desktop pc) is placed in such a way you can only stretch out one leg unless you sat diagonally in your seat. For a 10 hour flight was very poor. Also seats in front seem to either recline back further or are thicker than older models as when the seat came back, the screen was about 10inches from your face, so very difficult to view the screen so close. Poorly designed for a new plane. Flew back on one of the older, but better designed planes for long haul flights. Would recommend the airline, but not the choice of plane for long journeys.
Date FlownJune 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seat spacing totally inadequate"

It is time British Airways got rid of their old 747s. I flew Heathrow-Joburg return and both times the seat spacing was totally inadequate. I am 5'9" tall 73 kgs, not a large person and I could not even cross my legs to get comfortable on the 11 hour flight. On the return flight the aircon in our seating area was not working and as the plane had been standing in the sun all day it was like an oven. Part of the galley oven units were not working and meal times were manic with staff running up and down the plane with oven trays of food from one area to another. The staff did their best but it was not good. This was the first time I have used British Airways in over thirty years because of past bad experiences, seems things have not really changed.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Club Europe a waste of money"

Club Europe on BA is a complete waste of money. The only thing you get for the extra money is a fairly good meal. The leg room is no difference, there is no "middle seat" for comfort, as there is other airlines The fast checkin at the airport was broken so we had to queue with everybody else. When the plane landed at Heathrow, we disembarked via a door behind Club Europe seats. Staff did not allow us to go first thus making it a mad dash for the door. There were many older people in Club Europe and they seemed fairly overwhelmed. Club Europe bags were last out and therefore we had to wait over half an hour for our bags. We are unsure exactly what the extra cost for Club Europe gave us and at over £200 per person we were disappointed, to say the least We complained about this but received absolutely no response, apology or compensation from British Airways .In summary, do not waste your money on flying Club Europe with BA.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownJanuary 2016
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"this is cheap and greedy"

British Airways charge $50 - $59 each per segment to guarantee seats together as a family. In our case, with two flights the total is $300 - $354 beyond the over $2,000 we've paid for tickets. I wouldn't have booked with British Airways if I had known this prior. This is the first time we've encountered this on BA, so it'll be our last flight on British Airways. I consider it extortion to charge a family that much money to guarantee seats together for long international flights (almost 22 hours total). One of my family members has severe flight anxiety. It's a disservice to our family and to the stranger who may potentially be seated next to her. This is a cheap, greedy means of extracting more money from customers. (And BTW, I'm not talking about exit row or special seats - these are regular coach seats, including even a middle seat.) I can try for seats together 24 hours prior to the flight, and can hope that I can arrange to have online access at that time, and HOPE that my family, after paying so much money can sit together for the 22 hours of flight time.
Seat Layout2x4x2