British Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"screens were nice sized"

Not Verified | I flew on British Airways from Gatwick to Barbados return last week. There was two different seats I flew on (Old and new) I didn't really like the old one but loved the new one. On the old seat, the screens were only the size of my hand and there was no power outlets - On the new seat, the screens were nice sized, there was plenty of power outlets and just a clean seat. I would recommend this airline to families - It is the perfect seat for kids as it has nice space with large blankets and big headphones.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200ER
Date FlownJune 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"better legroom than the 787"

Trip Verified | We flew from London to Prague on this aircraft after flying from Washington on a Boeing 787. Oddly enough, the A320 seemed to have better legroom than the 787. The A320 may have the newer "slimline" seats - I don't know how to tell exactly, but the looked thinner. I do know that they were extremely uncomfortable. The two hour flight was about all I could handle.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownMay 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"very close to seats in front"

Trip Verified | The seats were not terribly uncomfortable for economy, but while BA claims 31" of legroom it seemed like less than that. I am 5'6" and my wife is 5' 2" and we were very close to the seats in front of us. The gentleman next to my wife was not more than average height and his knees were pressed up against the seat in front of him. The seats were also very narrow. I honestly didn't even attempt to doze there was no point.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownMay 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"Very old cabin and seat"

Trip Verified | Very old cabin and seat. Seat recline was very limited and foot rest was very flimsy. The control for the in flight entertainment is in the side of the seat so you regularly brush it just sitting in the seat which can turn the entertainment off or pause the video. The screen for the entertainment was amongst the smallest i have seen and much smaller than economy class on other aircraft types. The entertainment kept skipping and had to be reset just after take off which meant no entertainment access for 30 mins. The leg room pitch was pretty good. A lot of the blinds were broken in some way so a lot of light poured into the cabin and as this was an overnight 10 hr flight that was not idea. They need to refurbish these old 747s desperately. The seat power point in word traveller plus is the old empower connection. No one uses this connection type anymore. it needs to be changed. It's like having a car with a CD player. Would have been state of the art, 20 years ago. Will not be flying this aircraft type with BA again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownApril 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"seat space (pitch and width) awful"

Trip Verified | My wife and I flew economy on British Airways long-haul, Heathrow to Miami return. We will never use BA for long-haul economy flights again or recommend others to do so. Although cabin staff were excellent, seat space (pitch and width) were awful, so much so that we dreaded the return flight (outbound, Airbus 380, February 18; inbound Boeing 747, March 18). Each of us is below average UK height so we hesitate to think about the likely discomfort for other passengers. When the seat in front was reclined, getting access to the aisle from a non-aisle seat (e.g. to use a toilet) needed contortions worthy of a circus performer on each flight.The seat reclining mechanism on my return flight was broken and added to my own already-cramped discomfort. Experience not to be repeated. Flights did depart and arrive on schedule
Aircraft TypeA380 / Boeing 747
Seat Layout3-4-3
Date FlownMarch 2018

"There was no leg rest"

There was no leg rest on my premium economy flight back from Heathrow to Singapore which makes resting on a long flight difficult. There was only a footer rest which is certainly not enough. The button for the seat adjustment/recliner was extremely hard to press. The other passenger seated beside me also made the same comment on the difficulty to get the seat to recline or be pushed back up due to the tightness of the button for the seat adjustment.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownMarch 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"more comfortable than Jet Airways"

Trip Verified | The one aspect of the flight I was not looking forward to was seat comfort. Perhaps it is my age (> than 60) but I have always had to use my pillow to pad my seat cushion on Jet's aircraft: cost-cutting by stealth? BA was a revelation. BA's World Traveller seat in an elderly Boeing 777 was infinitely more comfortable than Jet Airways Boeing 777. Well done!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout3x4x3

"aircraft was filthy"

Trip Verified | Very old Boeing 777 with worn out seats and an inflight entertainment system from a bygone era - where you can see the lines across the screen. Compared to Premium on a 380 etc - this is a bad joke. Business class seemed to have been updated - but nothing else. Cannot understand how a company can take the same money for 2 vastly different experiences. Repairs had been made with duct tape. The aircraft was filthy - as soon as you looked anywhere behind the facade.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Storage 12345

"headrest had fallen down"

Not Verified | On my trip from Gatwick to Kingston, in July 2017 the staff were nice but my problem was the seat. As I got into my seat, the headrest had fallen down and so had the rest of them on my row, and the flight attendants couldn't do anything about it. They couldn't fix it so I had to fly with a sore neck and a beam sticking into my spine. They claim there were no available spaces for an upgrade but as I went through the cabin the aircraft seemed about 72% full.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownJuly 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"I really will now avoid BA"

Trip Verified | I’m a previous top tier frequent flyer with BA now currently blue. Flew to Iceland with wife and daughter. As we made our way onto the plane (from near the front of the general boarding queue), my perfectly average not heavy not oversized bag (we also had checked baggage) was taken from me to be put in the hold. I don’t know why they selected me as they then allowed practically the rest of the plane to board with their bags. I didn’t have luggage locks - my wife had them and she had boarded in front of me - and when i got on board my wife became upset because her jacket with her wallet had been in my bag because we couldn’t carry everything. She told a surly stewardess with dark hair who couldn’t have cared less. My wife questioned why my bag was taken when people with more luggage than us we being let on and the plane wasn’t completely full and she just said they’re wasn’t enough locker space. Why penalise those who arrive early at the check in then?? We’ve had stuff stolen from hand luggage placed in the BA hold before - which we mentioned to zero interest from the staff. The surly woman then proceeded to bang into my wife throughout the flight as she marched her M&S laden trolley up and down, touting the expansive tat you can buy for much less on the ground. The payment system now means those on the aisle are stuck with someone’s rear end in their faces for much longer as purchases are made, plus trolleys left in the aisle while something is heated up in the galley and trotted back out. The bags that were placed in the hold appeared very last at the baggage claim, adding to our stress. Luckily the wallet was untouched. We fly business as a family numerous times to Australia each year and we never choose BA because of the generally rubbish service on short haul flights. I'd rather spend the big bucks where I can be guaranteed good service (Singapore etc). I really will now avoid BA and try some of the other carriers as there are too many poorly trained rude people working for BA.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout3x3

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL