British Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Premium Economy cabin is uncomfortable"

Review by (United Kingdom)

You should know what you are walking into when you approach the British Airways Boeing 747-400 fleet as without exception they are tired and tatty, and should have been retired years ago. As a monthly British Airways customer on the LHR/PHX route I now dread either flight as the Premium Economy cabin is uncomfortable and legroom on all but the front bulkhead seats limited in the extreme due to AVOD boxes being installed under seats, plus the seat fixings are positioned such that one leg is always unable to be extended straight. The seats themselves are uncomfortable, the adjustable headrests will always slip back down irrespective of how they are positioned and the seat adjustment buttons seldom function correctly. As for entertainment, if you can actually see the picture on the SatNav sized screens then you're a better person than me. British Airways is currently offering a premium product in cost, but is actually providing a mediocre one in reality. Cabin staff are hit and miss and for every good member there are half a dozen miserable ones just going through the motions. Not a great airline any more and it'll take many years for them to catch up.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Layout2x4x2
Seat Storage 12345

"One of the most uncomfortable cabins I've sat in"

Review by (Canada)

One of the most uncomfortable cabins I've sat in. The miserly seat pitch was something I'd expect from a budget airline. British Airways new slim seats, upholstered in a dark grey leather, are attractive to look at, but when you're seated, the seat back in front is practically in your face. I couldn't hold a magazine in front of me to read, and had to twist to the side and hold the magazine in the aisle in order to be able to focus on the print. In future I'll avoid flying British Airways within Europe.
Aircraft TypeA319
Seat Layout3x3
Seat Storage 12345

"decided never to fly British Airways again"

Review by (Singapore)

I travelled British Airways Singapore to London to Miami return. It was a bad experience and I have decided never to fly British Airways ever again. British Airways crew does not enforce the rules that passengers must put their seats upright during meal times. I had to keep reminding the crew to inform the passenger in front to straighten his seat. And on one of the trips, the passenger sitting behind requested me not to recline my seat as it was hitting his leg! The real test came when the IFE was disrupted for several rows of passengers about 3 hrs into the flight. It was not just the IFE but also the overhead reading lights and crew assistance function. The crew made some checks and informed us that the problem could not be fixed. For the next 10 hrs, the affected passengers just had to endure the situation. We could not watch movies or read or do work on computers as this was a night flight and all lights were switched off after the meal service. It was distressing to see British Airways crew treat the situation nonchalantly.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747
Seat Layout3x4x3
Seat Storage 12345

"Club Europe cabin was not sectioned off"

Review by (United Kingdom)

As I wanted to ensure that both my wife and I sat together in Club Europe part of the cabin, I was constantly checking the availability of seats. So I checked on Sat, 18th and Sunday 19th and on both occasions the only seats that were available were 2+2+1+1+1, so 7 in total. Therefore I felt that I could not wait until Tues, 21st for online check in, as I wanted to ensure that I sat next to my wife. So with that in mind I pre-booked 2 seats 15a and 15b to ensure that we sat together and the extra £50. However, when I checked the seat availability again on Mon, 20th and Tues 21st, I was shocked to see that there were plenty of seats available. When I saw this I felt I had been forced and cheated by BA to pay an extra £50, this left a bitter taste in my mouth and was angry with the way I had been treated by BA. The flight was delayed for 1 hour 40mins without an explanation as to why. Ok, these things happen but an explanation as to why were were delayed would have been appreciated. By the time the cabin crew came round with the supposed lunch, it was close to 3pm and by the time the cabin crew reached us, they could not offer us a choice of food and the only thing that was left, was Fish. Therefore we were left with 2 trays of front of us with a salad bowl, a bread roll, an empty cup and an empty glass and a napkin with various cutlery, totally useless if you have no food to eat. Eventually crew managed to find a Chicken dish that we could eat. The Club Europe cabin was not sectioned off to the economy class passengers. So these passengers were constantly walking past us to use the toilet facilities that were meant for Club Europe passengers. After several complaints from myself and fellow passengers did they make an announcement over the PA about the facilities. However this did not stop the constant flow of passengers
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x2x2
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"there are better airlines for long haul flights"

Review by (Singapore)

Seat was cramped. I'm 180cm, or 5ft 9. Sat at an aisle sea; 32f. Left leg sort of lost feeling, right leg could stretch out, and that was the constant struggle I had to deal with. If the front passenger fully reclines, there goes the space which you thought you had. The seat is pretty much over the tray tables, watching a movie whilst eating was a delicate balancing act. Overall, decent but there are better airlines for long haul flights.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"narrowest, hardest airline seat I have ever flown"

Review by (United Kingdom)

The narrowest, hardest airline seat I have ever flown in. It was an overnight flight from Philadelphia to London. I am not a big person (163cm tall, 52kg) but I had to scrunch my shoulders together to fit in the seat. I had pins and needles for 24 hours after the flight. Other people around me who were larger than me (but not 'big' people by any stretch of the imagination) had to keep their arms folded for the whole flight in order to fit in the seat. Lots of people were complaining. I emailed a complaint to BA, which was met with "sorry to hear, hope it hasn't deterred you from flying with us again". A disgusting way to treat your passengers. I would rather pay more to travel with anyone than BA ever again after this experience.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Storage 12345

"seats were fairly comfortable, but not to sleep"

Review by (United States)

My husband and I sat in two of the seats by the windows (which cost extra) so we had a little more room and privacy. We were in 31/B on the way to London and in 30J/K on the way back to Chicago. 31 A/B were better because there was no one behind us. The seats were fairly comfortable, but not comfortable enough for us to really sleep. The arms were really hard and could not be raised because they contained the trays. If the center one could have been raised to make more room it would have helped a lot. I could not really stretch out because of a metal box under the seat in front of me. From reviews I have read of other airlines' premium economy seats, these were good. A pillow, blanket, and eye mask were provided. I am a vegetarian and had a special meal which was all right as was my husband's meal. The flight attendants were very nice and helpful. The movies were fine too.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownMay 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"Business Class seat pitch feels like a budget carrier"

Review by (United Kingdom)

British Airways "Club Europe" Business Class seat pitch now feels like a budget carrier, never mind the advertising puff. Very disappointed after 3 or 4 of these trips. Sad that British Airways had to pull this trick.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout2 x 2
Seat Storage 12345

"you feel totally cramped and hemmed in"

Review by (Thailand)

The 31 inch seat pitch is now so small it is like a long-haul budget airline at premium price. There is reasonable leg room provided you have nothing stashed away there or the IFE box does not get your way. Even with the tray table up, though, window seat passengers have no way of getting out to the washroom without having the other two passengers get up and out into the aisle. That makes you really popular in the middle of a long overnight flight! The back support is reasonable, but after a few hours the seat bottom starts to feel hard. Overall you feel totally cramped and hemmed in. I'll never fly it again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat Storage 12345

"It is now impossible to stretch out"

Review by (Germany)

Business Class, Seat 1C in Club Europe on A320. Despite the enhancements made to the interior aesthetics of the short-haul fleet, a fare paying Club Europe passenger is bound to be left less than impressed. Since the refitting and "upgrade" to the new seat, the legroom is completely inadequate. It is now impossible to stretch out, work on a normal sized laptop, and in my opinion has rendered Club Europe basically a redundant product compared.
Aircraft TypeA320