British Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"aircraft was filthy"

Trip Verified | Very old Boeing 777 with worn out seats and an inflight entertainment system from a bygone era - where you can see the lines across the screen. Compared to Premium on a 380 etc - this is a bad joke. Business class seemed to have been updated - but nothing else. Cannot understand how a company can take the same money for 2 vastly different experiences. Repairs had been made with duct tape. The aircraft was filthy - as soon as you looked anywhere behind the facade.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout2x4x2
Seat Storage 12345

"headrest had fallen down"

Not Verified | On my trip from Gatwick to Kingston, in July 2017 the staff were nice but my problem was the seat. As I got into my seat, the headrest had fallen down and so had the rest of them on my row, and the flight attendants couldn't do anything about it. They couldn't fix it so I had to fly with a sore neck and a beam sticking into my spine. They claim there were no available spaces for an upgrade but as I went through the cabin the aircraft seemed about 72% full.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownJuly 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"I really will now avoid BA"

Trip Verified | I’m a previous top tier frequent flyer with BA now currently blue. Flew to Iceland with wife and daughter. As we made our way onto the plane (from near the front of the general boarding queue), my perfectly average not heavy not oversized bag (we also had checked baggage) was taken from me to be put in the hold. I don’t know why they selected me as they then allowed practically the rest of the plane to board with their bags. I didn’t have luggage locks - my wife had them and she had boarded in front of me - and when i got on board my wife became upset because her jacket with her wallet had been in my bag because we couldn’t carry everything. She told a surly stewardess with dark hair who couldn’t have cared less. My wife questioned why my bag was taken when people with more luggage than us we being let on and the plane wasn’t completely full and she just said they’re wasn’t enough locker space. Why penalise those who arrive early at the check in then?? We’ve had stuff stolen from hand luggage placed in the BA hold before - which we mentioned to zero interest from the staff. The surly woman then proceeded to bang into my wife throughout the flight as she marched her M&S laden trolley up and down, touting the expansive tat you can buy for much less on the ground. The payment system now means those on the aisle are stuck with someone’s rear end in their faces for much longer as purchases are made, plus trolleys left in the aisle while something is heated up in the galley and trotted back out. The bags that were placed in the hold appeared very last at the baggage claim, adding to our stress. Luckily the wallet was untouched. We fly business as a family numerous times to Australia each year and we never choose BA because of the generally rubbish service on short haul flights. I'd rather spend the big bucks where I can be guaranteed good service (Singapore etc). I really will now avoid BA and try some of the other carriers as there are too many poorly trained rude people working for BA.

"don't waste your money"

Not Verified | Good point, plenty of leg room. Entertainment dated screen not clear and flickering. No choice of meal on flight. If you are going to pay extra to pick your seat don't sit at the back of the cabin they will run out of food & you will get something that looks & tastes like a microwave re-heat with no apology or alternative. In a word don't waste your money by flying BA.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout2x4x2

"Very restricted legroom"

Trip Verified | Very restricted legroom in row 28 on the A320. Possibly the smallest amount of leg room I've experienced, certainly worse than all of BA's class rivals (low cost airlines) such as EasyJet or Flybe. In economy there is no service on board as such, just the option to buy overpriced M&S sandwiches. Will be doing my best to fly with other carriers going forward. No frills airline with premium prices.
Seat Storage 12345

"comfy, clean and spacious"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | An A320 from Gatwick to Paphos. Fantastic, left early, service both friendly, professional and efficient. All leather seats, aircraft 15 years old but appeared new. Seats comfy, clean and spacious, more than good enough for the 4.45 hr flight. Was cheaper than all the budget carriers, more comfy, good recline, good table all topped with impeccable BA service.
Date FlownNovember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"Overall it's pretty good"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to London in A380. I flew in economy class which the seat is located in 22A. The seat is comfortable but you must have a pillow or else it will be a terrible flight. I'm 170 cm tall so the legroom and the seat is wide enough for me. For me, the seat recline isn't enough for a long haul flight unless you don't sleep. One thing to complain is that the usb port is a nightmare. Every time I plug my phone in it just keep stop charging, it annoyed my for the entire flight. Overall it's pretty good and I look forward for the next flight.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownAugust 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"seat width was really cramped"

Verified Review | For a 12 hour flight the Boeing 747-400 seat width was really cramped and the sides of the seat pressed into your ribs. Thankfully I am not a large/tall person and had none sitting by me or I would have felt even more claustrophobic! Entertainment/tv screen is old fashioned and of very poor quality and lack of choice of new films/tv etc. Not cheap flights and better airlines / aircraft for cheaper prices out there!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"TV screen view is blocked"

Verified Review | I had seat 17A on this Boeing 767-300, and from this seat you have no window view apart from the wing. The TV screen view is blocked by the movable screen between business and economy class. The seat was comfortable and the pitch reasonable for a long short haul flight (4hrs 30mins). It is not possible to use the table when the person in front of you reclines his seat fully.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767-300
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownOctober 2017

"the seat is very hard"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | The premium economy cabin looks nice and pretty sleek. The space for the legs is very good. The issue is that the seat is very hard and not extremely comfortable to spend a 12 hours night flight. Not as uncomfortable as the shell type premium economy seats, but certainly less pleasant than the more cushioned ones, like Cathay Pacific. The recline is good, not the best in the industry. Entertainment has discreet selection of movies but the touchscreen is pretty slow in response. Great recharging for laptops and smart devices.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Layout2x3X2
Date FlownSeptember 2017

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG). Since 2016 British Airways has been implementing cost-cutting across many parts of the customer product, with the 4-Star Airline rating held by BA for many years under review.

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL