Top 100 Airlines

ANA All Nippon Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"service is outstanding"

Verified Review | Travelled from Sapporo to Tokyo (Narita). Was a really short flight, but service is outstanding! Cabin crew walked around to hand out blankets and sweets before take off. No meal service though. But drinks and soup were available! Even in a short flight, headsets were still given for us to watch the overhead flight entertainment system. Seat were comfy enough for the whole ride and had a really pleasant flight though communication with the cabin crew was a little hard.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seat itself is quite roomy"

I am not a tall person (5'6) so legroom was never a problem for me. However, I was seated with a guy who is probably about 6'1 and his knees were still not touching the back seat in front of him. The seat itself is quite roomy, clean and comfortable. The headrest and footrest are a bonus feature that makes it your flight bearable. In-seat power (USB and actual power outlet) are available.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-8/9
Seat Layout3-3-3
Date FlownMay 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"struggled with the legroom"

Flew ANA from Delhi to Tokto Narita on a Boeing 767 aircraft. The flight was an overnight 8 hour flight and I was concerned about my night's sleep, which is essential to me. While I tried my best to grab an emergency exit seat, but they were all taken and ended up with an aisle seat. I an 6ft tall and I was seated with a equally tall gentleman and we both struggled with the legroom. I was lucky as I had an aisle seat and could pop my leg out on the aisle every now on them. The service on ANA was excellent. Cabin crew were very helpful and the food was delicious, but the legroom is still an issue.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownApril 2016

"more legroom than B767"

ANA only recently started the Boeing 787 service from Tokyo to Mumbai and I got a chance to fly this route in April 2016. The equipment used on the route is Boeing 787-8, one of the earlier delivered to ANA, probably 2011. While I was lucky to get the emergency exit seat 20K, I managed to try the other seats for legroom. The seats in the Boeing 787 have definitely more legroom than the B767, which I flew to reach Tokyo. However, the seats still did not recline much. I did not bother much as it was day flight. In flight entertainment was very good with latest movies and meals have always been excellent in ANA.
Date FlownApril 2016

"Recommend these seats"

(Indonesia)

Tokyo Haneda to Osaka Itami on a Boeing 767-300. Seats was 2x3x2 and it was much more comfortable compared to the Hong Kong to Tokyo Narita. It's now easy to recline than the previous international flight. Legroom was much specious than other aircraft. But no TV screen on the flight. Width was small. Storage was huge and no power supply. Recommend these seats.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767-300
Seat Layout2x3x2
Seat Storage 12345

"seats not that comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Hong Kong to Tokyo Narita. The 787-8 was not new since it was made in 2011. The seats were not that comfortable, legroom was quite small and recline was so hard, because people behind me told me not to do that. TV screen was near my seat. The storage was small and my power supply didn't work. I will avoid this aircraft in the future. But other ANA service was even better.
Seat Storage 12345

"your neck will be bent"

Had a pretty bad experience with ANA Economy Seats on a recent Boeing 777-300ER flight from Tokyo to Frankfurt. Unlike other economy seats I've experienced, the back of the seat is fixed in a way that the person behind you is not bothered by your reclined seat. When you press your recline button your cushion will move forward (slightly reducing your legroom). As a result the backrest will incline however the headrest will remain fixed and vertical, which means your neck will be bent quite uncomfortably. Not only is it hard to sleep in this position but after a 12 hrs flight you'll also have the stiffest neck you've had for along time.
Seat Layout3x4x3
Seat Storage 12345

"new arrangement (3x3x3) is poor"

(Japan)

I flew on a ANA Boeing 787 flight from Seattle to Tokyo Narita with my wife and baby daughter. The flight was 10 hours long and we had the bassinet seat at the bulkhead in the rear cabin. I had previously been on the same aircraft type on ANA in the 2x4x2 economy arrangement which was really nice. This new arrangement (3x3x3) is poor. There was much less space and the bassinet / wall design was sculpted making it awkward with reduced space since the cot is mounted low. It has much less space in comparison to their 777 cabin design in a similar seat; or A330/A340 cabin design on another airline. I don't think this narrower width of seat is suitable for long haul travel. I strongly recommend avoiding this plane for those travelling with a baby. ANA flight attendants are wonderful but unfortunately it doesn't make up for poor cabin design sometimes.
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was nice and comfortable"

(Norway)

ANA All Nippon Airways premium economy class seat was nice and comfortable on this flight with their Boeing 777-300ER.
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownAugust 2015
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"better than I expected it to be"

ANA's 3x4x3 layout is better than I expected it to be. The seats are comfortable and leave plenty of room for larger westerners to stretch. The aisles are narrower, but no different than domestic airlines in the states. PTV had a great selection of movies and music; my only complaint would be the TV show programming. They feature a lot of popular drama shows from the USA, but no comedies.
Seat Layout3x4x3