Top 100 Airlines

AirAsia

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV N/A

"space between seats poor"

The seats themselves are not uncomfortable, the space between seats is poor. I'm only 5'8", and I had a hard time sitting in those seats without my knees hitting the seat in front. There have been occasions where my wife and I were seated apart from each other (one flight I took had multiple people scrambling around trying to trade seats to sit next to their friends/loved ones). Of course, you can pay for pre-selecting your seats, as with all budget airlines.
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"space for legs is very small"

(Malaysia)

It is good to choose AirAsia when the flight is only less than 1 hour because the distance of the seat and the space for the legs is very small, I can only put my bag under the seat reluctantly and the legs cannot move or hard to straighten my legs throughout the journey if the flight is more than 2 hours. It is very inconvenient when the passengers who seat inside wanted to go to the toilet. It is hard to go out from the seat and need to annoy the passengers who are seated in the middle or near the walkway.
Date FlownFebruary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"pay extra for exit seat "

(Malaysia)

I was allocated seat 22D on AirAsia flight AK423/15NOV from Kuala to Banda Aceh. The seat is very tight for a tall person like me, but tolerable for a flight time of 75 minutes. For longer flights, I would definitely pay extra for the emergency exit seat for the privilege of extra comfort.
Aircraft TypeA320-200
Date FlownNovember 2015

"seats don't recline"

The seats don't recline, or if they do I didn't notice, which is great because I hate having someone tilt their seat back for the entire journey leaving me cramped between seats. The seats are basic with only a meal tray and studded with advertisements, which are at least colourful. I had sufficient legroom to be comfortable and the legroom seems to be much more than that provided on rival airline Jetstar. There was no power outlets and I'm not sure if there was a foot rest, if there was I didn't notice it, and the seats are just plastic covered with a bit of cloth for the head. The seat pocket is crammed with promotional material and a safety card.
Date FlownOctober 2015

"expected some comfort"

At 6 foot tall I am not that big by western standards. I expected some comfort but I couldn't find any. My seat didn't recline and I couldn't sleep because I had to stretch my legs into the aisle due to the legroom but didn't want my feet running over by the trolley. (Standard seat pitch on AirAsia is 28-29 inches for these short haul aircraft)
Date FlownJune 2015