Top 100 Airlines

AirAsia X

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"wide, roomy, and exceptionally comfortable"

MEL-DPS return on Indonesia Airasia Extra. These are essentially the same seats as found on Malaysia Airlines B777 business class, with a few less features like no lumbar adjustment and massage function. The seat is wide, roomy, and exceptionally comfortable in all modes except for full flat position (solution - make it a little less flat and it is much more comfy!). Service was excellent with the friendly crew showing a flair often absent these days. Food is the same as available for economy. A unique product for a LCC, which I will be using again. My ratings are in the context of an LCC.
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Seat Layout2x2x2
Date FlownJune 2015
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"legroom was generous"

I paid extra for what Air Asia X calls a 'hot seat' with more legroom directly behind the premium economy cabin. The legroom was generous (I am 194 cm and I could stretch out) and the space in front of the seat also made access very easy. However in a crowded plane the lack of shoulder room was very uncomfortable - this airline has nine seats across in its A330 cabin where most airlines have eight. The sense of tightness was exacerbated by the arm-rests on my row of seats having to accommodate tray tables narrowing the available space further. The seats themselves are leather clad and hard; they also lack lower lumbar support. They do have adjustable head rests - a great feature. I've rated the seat overall as a '5' simply because I managed to sleep for about two hours of a seven hour plus sector. I have rated the PTV screen as 1; in fact the on-board entertainment system comes in the form of portable units which can be rented - I didn't try them however.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330-300