Top 100 Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats were terrible"

(New Zealand)

Did not enjoy my experience onboard Air Tahiti Nui. The A340 seats were terrible and leg room was horrible. Seat recline didn't even stay back. TV screen was out of the 90s with movies on constant rolling. Thank god I had my laptop on with me. Also customer service was unsatisfactory. I woke up after sleeping once breakfast was served - I asked flight attendant for blanket and then he asked me for breakfast but I said no - then he brings me breakfast but no blanket.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"one of my worst experiences"

I can say Air Tahiti Nui has been one of my worst experiences. Having to fly LA-Papeete, I have read previous reviews, I tried without success to book business seats. The economy seats are very hard and become painful after a few hours. There is almost no storage capacity on the seat itself. Entertainment system is obsolete, small screen and bad image quality. Service on board is limited and rather unfriendly. This airline has no e-booking function. You have to wait that the check-in counter opens, having 6 hours connection time in Los Angeles we had to wait 4 hours in the public area of the airport with very limited seating capacity! Real pity that this airline enjoys a kind of monopoly... how it can be authorized by authorities? A better option if to fly on Air France, the other airline enjoying this monopoly.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"not much leg room narrow worn and used seats"

LAX-PPT. You don't have many airline options flying in/out of Tahiti so Air Tahiti Nui is kind of the only way to go. That being said I'm not sure who designed the seats in Moana Economy Class but I have no idea what they were thinking with the headrest. The seats are as expected in economy class - not much leg room narrow worn and used seats. I'm your average 5'5 female and felt the space was adequate enough although man spreaders definitely make the space more cramped. My biggest gripe is the headrest which can move up or down but for the most part feels like someone is shoving your head forward into the most uncomfortable position in the world. There's just no way to get comfortable. For an 8 hour flight from LAX it makes sleeping difficult even if the seat is all the way reclined. The best you can do is sleep with your head tilted forward and arms crossed over your chest. Most positive comment would be the IFE which had a number of on demand movies/shows which was easy to use. Nice big crisp touch screen. Food wasn't the greatest but they feed you twice on each leg of the trip. FA's friendly enough; French and English.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-300
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"screen was very difficult to work"

The screen was very difficult to work and hard to view. Food was quite good. The one thing I really noticed was that they did not walk down offering water as frequently as travellers need. The bathrooms were really small and I honestly wondered how heavy set people go into them.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-200