Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"I thought it was fine"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Paris return. Excellent Flight for the approx extra 30% on the fare. Separate Cabin small cabin, which is nice, upper deck sharing with Business Class. The flight crew was professional and very courteous. The window seats get a little extra storage with a sort of "locker" next to the armrest and the window which is nice to have. Big enough for a purse and a backpack so we did not have to use the overhead. Lots of cubbyholes and holders for glasses, etc. Entertainment system was good, large selection of films, TV, music etc. Food and service was good. Lots of room. The seats: Ok big debate on this. The seats are in a fixed "pod" so the upside is that with the seat in front reclining or the seat in back pushing their tray table, it does not move your seat at all. But the seat does not actually recline, it sort of slides down in the pod to affect a reclining feeling. Honestly after 2 transatlantic crossings, I thought it was fine. Also for the price you get: Sky Priority Check in, Luggage, Boarding and Security (and Passport Control if applicable) so that is a huge time saver. I recommend it and the wife and I will be Flying Blue in PE again for sure.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownSeptember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"Seat recline not enough"

Verified Review | Seat 11B. Premium Economy with AF is a good flight : enough space for legs, width OK. In flight service personalized and good quality. Good meals with good wines (important issue for french passengers). Seat recline not enough for night flights.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"we had to suffer instead"

Verified Review | I was returning from our European honeymoon and paid extra for Duo/2 seats 16K and 16L at the back of the premium economy cabin to enjoy a bit of quiet time on our flight from CDG to BOS. Unknown to me was the fact Air France cancelled our reservation for reasons never fully explained. We spent an hour in NCE with the agent trying to get seats for both our flights home. We begged the agent to upgrade us to business class and but he refused. Air France assigned us seats 15K and 15L telling us they were the same and we would be happy. What they never explained was this was a 3 seat and not a 2 seat row! How sneaky of them to not tell us it was not what we paid for. The arm between our seats was fixed in the down position and I suffered the indignity of having my seat back kick by the brat and his mommy who got my original seat. I am still confused why they were not assigned to new seats, but we had to suffer instead. Air France refused to grant us any consideration, refunds, credits for our terrible experience that had me an my new wife exchanging hash words.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Lots of space"

Verified Review | Row 93 K/L on the A380 were excellent seats. No one behind you as the loos were there. No big queues for toilets. Lots of space. Foot rests. Large window storage bins. The seat padding wasn't excellent but it was fine for our 10 hour journey. I would definitely pick these seats again.
Seat Layout2-4-2
Seat Storage 12345

"seats were not that comfortable"

Verified Review | This A380 premium economy seat does not recline instead it slides forward. There is no support for lower legs just a footrest attached to the seat in front. I found it best to keep the chair in the standard upright position with my feet on the footrest to push me back into the seat otherwise I had no lumbar support. I had a window seat so was able to rest against it and managed to set some sleep. There was plenty of space width wise. Because the seat didn't recline you did not have the seat in front encroaching on your space. The tray table was in the armrest. When the tray table was folded away there was no dedicated cup holder or place to store a water bottle. Headphones had good sound quality but I found they hurt my ears after a while (I was on a 13hr flight). There was adequate aisle space to walk. Overall the seats were not that comfortable considering I was flying Premium Economy.
Aircraft TypeA380-800
Seat Storage 12345

"discomfort of the seats"

Verified Review | I'm used to fly with Air France as it is my home airline. On my last 14-hours flight from Singapore to Paris, I've been really upset by the discomfort of the seats, which appeared to be relatively new though. A 3x4x3 Boeing 777-300 cabin layout for a 14-hour flights lets you imagine how packed we were, not able to move a muscle. My neighbor was sleeping on me half of the time, I had no place to go exercise a bit to avoid any health issue and moving alors the corridors without waking up the passengers was nearly impossible if you were not a size 4.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300

"not a good choice"

Verified Review | On my way back from New York to Paris, I flew on an A380. It was a night flight and I paid an extra fee because I wanted to stretch my legs. I had seat 11A. It was not a good choice : there is a partition in front of the seat, that prevents you from streching your legs. So, although you pay an extra fee, it is not as comfortable as a normal seat.
Date FlownNovember 2016

"fairly uncomfortable"

(Colombia)

Verified Review | Flew Air France from Paris CDG to Bogota, the 11 hour flight was fairly uncomfortable due to the economy seats provided by Air France. I am a tall man and the leg room was minimal, left the airplane with severe knee aches due to not being able to barely stretch my legs. I hope Air France improve their seats in the near future.
Aircraft TypeA340
Date FlownJanuary 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"still much too upright "

Verified Review | First time in the Air France Premium Economy seat, from Paris to Bangkok. Two seats less (2-4-2) than in Economy (3-4-3). The distance to the front seat it good, also Sky Priority privileges. Food was exactly the same like in Economy but in a better presentation. The seat is fine for a long day-flight, but for a night-flight concerning the sleeping comfort I do not see any advantage, it is definitely still much too upright to relax or have a good sleep!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownNovember 2016

"seats were the worst"

Verified Review | My wife and I flew from Detroit to Rome with a stop in Paris (CDG) on Air France in Premium Economy. The seats were the worst I've had in making a transatlantic flight. The clamshell design is hard and extremely uncomfortable with no real recline and a weak excuse for leg support. I traded my return tickets in for Economy and pitched a huge fit for the inconvenience, discomfort, and lack of cooperation in returning any money and they finally gave me a $200 per ticket travel voucher.
Aircraft TypeA340-300