Vote Now

Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"not a good choice"

Verified Review | On my way back from New York to Paris, I flew on an A380. It was a night flight and I paid an extra fee because I wanted to stretch my legs. I had seat 11A. It was not a good choice : there is a partition in front of the seat, that prevents you from streching your legs. So, although you pay an extra fee, it is not as comfortable as a normal seat.
Date FlownNovember 2016

"fairly uncomfortable"

(Colombia)

Verified Review | Flew Air France from Paris CDG to Bogota, the 11 hour flight was fairly uncomfortable due to the economy seats provided by Air France. I am a tall man and the leg room was minimal, left the airplane with severe knee aches due to not being able to barely stretch my legs. I hope Air France improve their seats in the near future.
Aircraft TypeA340
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJanuary 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"still much too upright "

Verified Review | First time in the Air France Premium Economy seat, from Paris to Bangkok. Two seats less (2-4-2) than in Economy (3-4-3). The distance to the front seat it good, also Sky Priority privileges. Food was exactly the same like in Economy but in a better presentation. The seat is fine for a long day-flight, but for a night-flight concerning the sleeping comfort I do not see any advantage, it is definitely still much too upright to relax or have a good sleep!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownNovember 2016

"seats were the worst"

Verified Review | My wife and I flew from Detroit to Rome with a stop in Paris (CDG) on Air France in Premium Economy. The seats were the worst I've had in making a transatlantic flight. The clamshell design is hard and extremely uncomfortable with no real recline and a weak excuse for leg support. I traded my return tickets in for Economy and pitched a huge fit for the inconvenience, discomfort, and lack of cooperation in returning any money and they finally gave me a $200 per ticket travel voucher.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seats mediocre to moderate"

Verified Review | I flew out of Boston to Paris on an approximate 6 hour flight. The flight itself was great, and the airline was good as well, but the seats on this flight were mediocre to moderate. The recline was limited, and if someone reclined in front of you, your space was greatly limited. Also, the middle seats only had space under 3 of the 4 seats in front of them, which led to one person in the row unable to store their bag in front of them. Lastly, the seats were comfortable enough, but they were certainly not exceptional or my first choice. On the other hand, they had a great entertainment touchscreen on the back of the seat in front of them, and were fully equipped for an enjoyable flight. Overall, the seats were decent but the airline certainly Made up for them.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"middle seat serves as armrest"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Milan to Paris CDG in Business class. The configuration in this class is 2x2, so the middle seat serves as armrest. Nothing special, a short flight, discreet service. A very dated aircraft, like many of the short-range Air France aircraft.
Aircraft TypeA318
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownApril 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seats do not recline enough"

Flying from LAX to CDG on 7 September. The aircraft stood on the tarmac for 90 minutes after door closing minutes with no explanation and no air conditioning. The seats are very upright, making them most uncomfortable. They do not recline enough to give any comfort. Cushion foam is not supportive, I could feel the support bars of the seat frame. Legroom just about acceptable but short cushion length gives no thigh support. Entertainment screen has very poor resolution and flight information is woeful, with no information regarding speed, height or time to destination. Entertainment system itself is about the most difficult to navigate and slow to respond. Seems to be of a generation before the A380.
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"I was positively surprised"

This was my first time flying the A380 and I was positively surprised. Seats are larger, the seat recline was also better than on the A330s or 767s. There are large personal TV screens, with a good range of choices in Music and movies. I was next to the window, and there are 2 people you have to go over if you need to go to the restrooms. Passengers are provided with small blakets and pillows (that are very nice actually). Storage bins were the biggest I have seen so far.
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"catch a few winks on my AF flights"

This was my second time travelling on Air France and also the second time I've been assigned an extra leg room seat on AF, even though at 5ft 2, I don't really need it. I read and heard a lot of bad reviews before so I was not expecting much but for the sake of travelling directly from Singapore to Paris, I decided to just rough it. Both times I've had excellent service, staff are very polite, elegant and pleasing, always offering wine or champagne routinely. Food was surprisingly amazing, in fact of all the airlines I've been on so far the food on Air France was the best. The wine was pretty good. I can't believe they even got dessert done right! I usually find it hard to sleep on planes but so far I've been able to catch a few winks on my AF flights. I did also witness an AF staff dealing with a very rude and loud passenger on my flight who had another passenger occupying her seat. The passenger occupying this passenger's seat had refused to take her designated seat as her daughter was seated next to her. In this scenario, I thought he dealt with the passenger very elegantly but sometimes you know, passengers can be just kind of unreasonable. It wasn't a very full flight and this person had the choice of seating somewhere else easily but was just being very difficult. I'm travelling on Air France again this weekend and am keeping my fingers crossed for a lucky trip no. 3! Looking forward to my glass of champagne already!
Aircraft TypeBoeing777-300ER
Date FlownApril 2016

Air France customer review

The Boeing 777-300aircraft had the summer seat layout, with Business, Economy, Premium Economy and Economy again. This configuration is called QuickChange layout. I was seating at 19A, lot of space in front of me, the new Air France best cabin Economy offers a really good recline. In this area, the seats are more costly, but the space is much better than elsewhere in Economy. Food was really good, wine was offered twice, champagne for appetizer, and liquor after dessert. In flight entertainement had an OK amount of films, and diverse series. Maybe IFE needs a little improvement in terms of content, display is very satisfying. Cabin crew was pleasing and helpful.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300