Top 100 Airlines

Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"most horrid seat"

Verified Review | The A380 business class has the most horrid seat we have ever sat in. It is not a seat, more a capsule. The huge issue here is that is does not recline. The whole thing just slides down to put you in the most painful awkward position you could imagine. We had a horrendous time and couldn't wait to get off the plane. I suffered back pain for days after. I honestly would have been more comfortable in economy and saved a heap of money.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"not fly Air France again"

Verified Review | It was actually Air France Business Class. We thought that these old fashioned seats has disappeared years ago in favour of the later lie flats. They are the old extra recline that we are not used to at all. Not worth the money for such antiquated seating. Sorry to say we will not fly Air France again for long haul.
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"A380 seats very uncomfortable"

(Austria)

Air France A380 seats are very uncomfortable. This was my first and most likely only long-haul flight with Air France in 10 years. The seat cushions are too stiff and hard for a long flight. Your legs and butt start feeling numb after 2 hours, it's impossible to sleep and when you do get up to move around you will find that there's literally no space for that, either. The aisles are extremely narrow, the back of the plane allows for a maximum of 3 people standing there. The 11 hour flight almost felt like eternity.
Aircraft TypeA380-800
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownApril 2016

"a little tight"

We flew Air France Boeing 777-200 from Toronto to Bangalore via Paris. On our flight to Paris we had a window and middle seat. The aisle seat was vacant. This made the flight much more pleasant as we were able to get up when we wanted to. On the Paris to Bangalore flight we purchased the 2 seat for an additional $41 each which seemed to be a waste since we were the only ones who paid and other people that were sitting in the middle row moved to these seats. On our return we chose not to purchase these seats, unfortunately the return flights were full and we were stuck sitting at the window and middle seats. A little tight and harder to get up as they person on the aisle was always sleeping. Seat comfort is terrible, doesn't matter what airline you fly. Put a few extra pillows on my bottom for more comfort.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"seat was very narrow"

Seat was very narrow, and the plane was also very full. I have flown transatlantic several times, but this was the first time with Air France. I was so disappointed, I expected a wider seat. On the return journey I chose Premium Economy and that was of course much more comfortable. The amazing thing was that the connecting flight with Air France from CDG to Heathrow had great seat pitch, with the flight taking only 45 mins. The cabin crew were very good! I wouldn't fly with AF again.

"plenty of room"

This flight was from JFK-CDG, so I was in the seat for about 7.5 hours. I am 6'3" (195 cm), and I had plenty of room in the seat when I wasn't reclined. The seat has a USB port, which I used to charge my phone (albeit slowly). I also learned that when a USB drive is plugged into the port, the in-flight entertainment system (IFE) can display videos on the drive. The IFE was definitely large enough, as was the tray table. The only problem I ran into was when I reclined to sleep, my knees hit the seat in front of me, which was uncomfortable. The overhead bins and underseat storage were plenty large enough for my carry on bag.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER

Air France customer review

The flight was an inter-European "domestic" flight from CDG to TXL, and as such only took about an hour and a half. Since it was a morning flight, a delicious chocolate croissant was served almost immediately after takeoff. The seat room was slightly too small (I am 6'4" or 195 cm.), so I put my legs in the aisle to get more room (when there wasn't anyone else trying to use it).
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout3x3

"10 abreast Boeing 777"

This is the narrowest seat I have traveled in, and it is very hard. As a result it is near impossible to sleep, and becomes painful after two hours of flight. Frequent position changes are the only way to accomodate the pain. Air France cram 10 seats abreast seats in a Boeing 777 (like Emirates etc), and it is clearly perceptible in the seat and armrest width. Even the aisles are hard to navigate with a bag.
Seat Storage 12345

"disappointed with the seats"

(Spain)

I must say that for the price I paid - 380 Euros- for a return flight from Malaga to New York JFK I shouldn't be complaining at all. However I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed with the seats: they were new but small and not comfortable at all. I am 5 feet 7 inches, so not exactly a giant, but still I haven't been able to find the right position and rest properly. The screen for the infotainment was old and small too. The good news is that there was a USB socket so I have been able to charge my iPad and watch movies on a decent size screen.
Aircraft TypeA380
Date FlownDecember 2015

"are very comfortable"

(Italy)

Good Premium Economy seat with a good tv and good storage. The seats are old, but they are very comfortable. The tv is good but it isn't very easy to touch the screen. There is a big storage, but only near to the windows, so if you aren't near to the window you haven't any storage. I was near to the window.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER