Air France

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Premium Economy seats are dreadful"

Review by (Ireland)

Air France A380 Premium Economy seats are dreadful. They slide down and there is no recline. You will probably end up, like me and other reviewers here, with an aching back for days after and you will be very lucky to get any sleep. They offer no comfort whatsoever. I suffered this seat on an eleven hour flight. My partner is much shorter than me and she also found the seat dreadful. What on earth are you thinking of Air France to offer such a ridiculous seat for so much money? Premium economy is exactly that - a better experience, more room, more comfort and a more premium version of economy. We did not get any of this.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Layout2-4-2
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (France)

This is the first time I fly with Air France for a long haul flight from France to Indonesia because they offered a very attractive price comparing to the airlines I usually take (Emirates and Qatar Airways). After reading the reviews before flying on this website, I was scared. But then the nightmare really did come to reality! The seat recline was horrible, and I could not really sleep during a 12 hours flight from CDG Paris to Kuala Lumpur (transit). I also felt that the seat was narrower than KLM's. Luckily the air crews were very nice and always offer water to the passengers. Since this is the old Boeing 777-200, the entertainment system was old too and offered a very limited choices. I chose a vegetarian meal, and I must say they were not the best. Toilets did not offer too many things, but they were quite clean.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Australia)

The design is a capsule where the seat does not recline but slides down in a fixed position and while you gain no comfort from this shift, you lose leg room as the capsule moves into your available leg room. The other issue is that there are inadequate toilets with wait times of 30 minutes or longer as the line of passengers grows and the wait becomes painful. Things like having no place to put your coat, the lack of adequate toilet facilities and the rediculat but expensive capsule seats in premium economy make this a costly and uncomfortable option.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat LayoutPremium Economy
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (Singapore)

SIN-CDG and back on Air France economy class. Decent in flight entertainment, no flight delays. Leg room is little, and my knees often banged the seat in front of me, seat is too narrow, I ended up rubbing shoulders with other passengers whenever we moved about our seats.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (United States)

I'm not used to travelling with Air France and it has been a really good surprise for me when I discovered the new cabin! The seats are well designed, the headrests are covered with leather, there is an individual pillow (which is aesthetically pleasant) for each seat and the legroom is quite good (I'm tall). But the most impressive thing is the HD screen! In Economy Class, having a such beautiful screen is uncommon. The seat recline is not the best I have known but that's correct. I really appreciated the service and I love the new brand image, built on the French values (the safety video is adorable). I do recommend this airline for a long-haul flight!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300

Review by (United States)

This was great! I flew LAX-CDG and back and liked it a lot. I mean the legroom is absolutely dazzling and the seat recline was great (well I'm short) and the shell seat is great because you don't have to have the seat in front of you in your face. If you feel like you're not lucky to be in this small cabin (the upper deck one is the only one on the plane) look at the economy passengers behind you! I felt like how low the seats were made it so that it was a bit difficult to view the screen. But this was hardly noticeable. Again I'm short!
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380
Seat Layout2x3x2

Review by (United States)

LAX to CDG was hell! These seats do not recline forcing the weight of your body to rest on your bottom. The leg rest is painful too small poor design. The thigh support does not come up high enough to touch your thighs making it worthless. On the return flight I put a carry on under the seat in front in front of me and used it as a foot rest. I would rather have a seat that reclined and deal with the seat in front of me intruding into my space. The premium economy seats share a bathroom with economy making for long waits.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380

Air France customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Everything about the PE seats on AF from CDG-BKK is very good from lounge access with air mile points to priority boarding dedicated check-in desks food movie entertainment size of seats etc. Mind the red wine can be very poor. The big issue is the seat recline which is virtually non-existent and less than most airlines economy which makes sleeping very difficult as you are bolt upright.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777

Air France customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Sat in seats 46G and 46H on AF 0642 Orly to St. Denis Réunion (RUN) and was pleasantly surprised after reading some bad reviews. My perceptions of the level of comfort may be slightly different as I am 5' 1" and was seated next to a small child however my husband (5' 11") also found the seating as comfortable as on economy class on any other scheduled European airline. This row is immediately behind the one behind a bulkhead (i.e. behind the row often given to families - we were lucky to have a quiet family in front who slept as well as we did). Passengers on those rows generally do not recline their seats so much due to the extra space in front of them consequently we in turn did not feel so trapped in our seats as passengers further back may have done - our seats did not recline as much as some on other aircraft but we did not find this a problem. Worth mentioning that the food was excellent too!
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300

Review by (France)

We flew CDG to SGL and then EZE to CDG the same torture unbelievable. This was unfortunately the most uncomfortable seat I sat in on a long haul flight. The seat looks good on the website when first looking at it. Air France makes its Premium Economy a real additional class. There are fewer seats per row. The seat is designed so that you have real isolated private space. You also have quite a lot legroom. Unfortunately the design of the seat itself is an outright disaster. The seat area itself is way too short even for short people. The seat hardly reclines at all. The footrest leaves your feet in an awkward cramped position if you do not happen to be extremely short - shorter than 160 cm like me. However not using the footrest will have your feet dangling in mid air. There is a leg rest that you can swing out but since the seat is too short it will hardly support anything. The seat is a disaster or an overnight long haul flight. Air France should feel ashamed charging extra for these seats. And it is not peanuts for us it was almost the double compared to Economy class fare.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-300ER