Best Cabin Crew

Air Canada

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"personal and comfortable"

Seat 13A in Premium Economy. Excellent seat pitch and width. Small very personal and comfortable cabin. Nice headrest and great entertainment system. The seat beside me was empty but I suspect that even if it hadn't been it would have been a very comfortable flight. The Boeing 787 mood lighting is very comforting.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"seats are narrower"

I fly with Air Canada Boeing 777 frequently from Toronto to Hong Kong twice yearly for last 3 years. My recent trip I noticed Air Canada has change their seating configuration. Adding an extra seat on each row in economy class, used to be 3x3x3, now 3x4x3. Seats are narrower than it use to be, not much leg room, less recline and seat is so uncomfortable. Not a fun flight being cramped on that narrow seat for 15 hours and I'm not tall either. Never again I would fly with Air Canada.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownDecember 2015

"much less room"

Flew Toronto to Shanghai, nonstop. I last flew this route in early 2015 and I usually put my computer bag on the floor under the seat in front. I am not a tall person so this is usually OK. We this year it seems the seat layout has been adjusted. There is much less room. Counter staff and flight attendants don't change seat spacing, this is done by uncaring corporate types. Oh and not that it is important but 2 out of 3 entertainment systems were acting up.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat Layout3-4-3
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"3x4x3 layout is awful"

A 15 hour flight on a 3x4x3 seat layout Boeing 777-200 is simply awful. As a regular long distance traveler this is without doubt the most uncomfortable seating arrangement I have experienced, cramped is understatement. This is budget airline stuff, except you are paying a premium fare. Airlines who offer this product for long distance flights should be avoided as they clearly no proud in their product!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownDecember 2015

"32" is enough for me"

What I like about this aircraft is the legroom, 32" is enough for me. Although, the problem is the fuselage narrowing at the back is a problem. people are having that cramped feel and also having to be slightly out of alignment with the tray table and the TV screen. I am also not happy with their new Boeing 777-300's because they are cramming in more seats that only give you a 31" seat pitch and a 3-4-3 configuration.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownJuly 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"very pleased with Air Canada"

This was a flight between Toronto Pearson and Hamburg. Despite some reviews about Air Canada, this flight was absolutely fine. We took off in time and arrived a little bit before schedule. The seat was very comfortable with enough legroom (although I am not particularly tall). The aircraft looked like new and was very clean.The FAs were kind and looked after us very well. The selection for in-flight entertainment was great. I did not try the seat recline so I cannot comment on that (hence the 3*). Maybe what Air Canada could improve on is the food. It was like an average airline food, OK but nothing fancy. However, I found the portion a little bit too small. All in all I was very pleased with Air Canada and will use them again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER

Air Canada customer review

Business Class seat from Vancouver to Seoul on new Air Canada Boeing 787. Fantastic seat with plenty of comfort and storage. Food was very good and flight attendants were very attentive. The lie-flat seats on the Boeing 787 are incredibly flexible - unlike the awful business class seat on Air Canada's three class Boeing 777(W) where both business and economy seats are awful; the latter for being so narrow; the former because you stick your feet into a well that does not allow you subsequently move your feet (Can you say coffin!). But back to the Air Canada Boeing 787-8; you will thank yourself for being very smart if you can book this aircraft on your next long-haul route. The IFE is very good, although all airlines seem to be packing off the number of movies available. Thus, I usually see all the month's offering in my first couple of flights each month. My sleep was uninterrupted as they provide a good size pillow and a nice comforter.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-8
Seat Layout1x2x1
Seat Storage 12345

"Boeing 787 a disappointment"

I was really looking forward to flying on this Air Canada Boeing 787. It was a disappointment. I was supposed to be in Business class on the trip to Copenhagen and I was downgraded to Premium Economy. While the services offered in Premium Economy is more than I usually receive on Delta, the seats was uncomfortable. I fly Delta Economy Plus a great deal so I will be comparing AC seats against what I am used to sitting in. While the seats on the 787 are wider, you don't have as much leg room. On a transcontinental flight I found myself getting leg cramps and a sore butt. I don't even get that in Economy! The food was okay. It was actually better than the business class main meal I chose on the return trip home. The seat recline was inadequate and to get the seat back to the upright position, you have to grab hold of the back of it and pull up. I thought I had a defective seat until I saw others doing it. The entertainment center is pretty good. My headset plug was kind of loose, but there was a little retractable knob that you can wrap the cord around to ease the tension. The seat storage was inadequate as well. There was hardly room for any of my things. The service was okay. Not as attentive as I used to receiving. I loved the big windows, I had an aisle seat and I was able to outside. On the return trip, I was in Business Class and that seat was awesome. it was a true lay flat seat. The entertainment center was easy to use and the remote was helpful.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-8
Seat Layout2x3x2

"nothing good to say"

Booked Air Canada flight to Orlando from Toronto - Return. To my surprise they put us in a low cost Air Canada Rouge flight. Seat pitch was too tight seat do not recline no Inflight TV. Nothing good to say. I will avoid Rouge flights.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 767
Seat Layout2x4x2

"very limited leg room"

We paid for Preferred seats row 12 window and middle on the flight from Newark to Vancouver. The seat diagram online showed a bulkhead wall in front of the seats but in reality there was no wall and the business seats had a tiny curtain from the top of the seats. We knew the arm rests wouldn't go up but we assumed there would be a wall of some type. So when the business seats reclined we had very limited leg room. The middle seat had no pocket because the view was straight down the whole business class section between the seats. We would have been better off in a regular seat which at least has arm rests that go up. I complained to Air Canada and all they offered was a 15% coupon for a future flight but with major restrictions. The reply from customer relations even stated that a discounted fare would be cheaper than applying the coupon to the full fare. This is the second time we received coupons we could not use as compensation. We will avoid Air Canada in the future.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A319