Air Canada rouge

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"unconfortable in a plane"

We usually fly with Air Canada so we are used of their service, which is usually OK. For the first time we traveled with Air Canada rouge. Worst flight ever. My husband is very tall (6'5") so he is used to be unconfortable in a plane, but this time it was physically impossible for him to fit in his seat. Therefore his legs were taking half of my leg space. Also we were traveling with our 6 months old baby. Before boarding we asked for a place next to an empty seat. They said they could not help us because the plane was almost full and it would be difficult to give us such place. I was okay with the answer, but in the plane there was available seats and one guy had the three seats for him. We were not aware that there was no tv, movie, music available until we were on the plane, and it was too late at this point to download the Air Canada application on our tablet. Food was not good!
Aircraft TypeA319
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownNovember 2015

"nice and comfortable"

Very comfortable Air Canada rouge seats and the only negative I would have was the recline, whilst nice and comfortable for day flights there are not great for a night flight and made sleeping uncomfortable. We sat in the bulkhead for our return journey which to be fair had good leg room (more space in the middle isle where we were seated 1F/1D - then the people in 1A/1C etc but it was more restrictive than the nonbulk head seats. Im 5ft 11 but my wife at 5ft 6 had no issue at all. We sat in rows 2 and 3 for our other flights which were perfect for stretching out your legs. I put 5 stars for the TV Screen as you get a complimentary IPad in premium which you can hang from the seat in front so I found this to be no different than any other airlines inflight entertainment system. Up to date movies as well as a large selection of tv programs to watch.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767 / A319
Seat Layout2x2x2
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Viewing Tv Screen 12345
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"worst seating of any airline"

Air Canada rouge A319 was absolutely the worst seating of any airline I've flown. Your knees will be pressed up against the seat in front of you. You'll feel the knees of the person behind you pressed firmly in your back. When you get off of the plane, you'll be in pain.
Aircraft TypeA319
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"taller than six feet, don't bother"

If you are taller than six feet, don't bother, your knees will be crammed into the seat in front of you. Flight staff is sympathetic, but powerless to help. Left and arrived on time, which is some solace.
Aircraft TypeA320
Seat Layout3 X 3
Date FlownJuly 2015

"pitch is very tight"

There are no lie flat true business class seats on Rouge so if this is what you want, don't take Rouge. I paid extra for a Rouge Plus economy seat - this is not Premium Economy, just an economy seat with 34 inches of pitch or legroom (4 extra inches of pitch over economy). Legroom was sufficient for a trip across the Atlantic (7 hours). I don't think the extra room in Premium Economy is worth the extra money - just a couple of extra inches of pitch, although the seat is wider. Seats recline. I would not fly across the Atlantic in a regular economy seat however. The pitch is very tight. Padding was sufficient - I slept on both outbound and inbound flights. Overhead storage was adequate. Power outlets available on the outbound flight but not the inbound flight. No IFE in seats - bring an iPad or Android device preloaded with the Rouge entertainment ap and some headphones.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownJuly 2015
Power Supply 12345

"just enough legroom"

YYZ-NAS. The big downside of Rouge are the seats I'm 6ft 3 and weigh 220lbs. I had just enough legroom so my knees did not bang into the seat in front of me and I was able to cross my legs no problem. There is definitely less legroom between the Rouge Business seats compared to the Air Canada Business seats. The seats are pitiful on the recline only 3 inches and is pretty useless. The seats on Rouge are called "New Slimline Seats" and they definitely are slimline especially on the cushion aspect as well as much narrower since they have jammed 3 seats across into the same space that used to have 2 across. There is absolutely no lumbar support so lower backpain is the reward after a couple of hours. 2 other aspects about the seats the actual length front to back of the seat is less than normal so no support for the upper thighs which can be problematic for some. No inflight TV screen on the seatbacks just the foldaway meal table a-la 1970s aircraft seats along with a couple of pockets.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A319