Airline of the Year

Air Canada rouge

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"made for a drafty cold trip"

Verified Review | I am an Air Canada Altitude member. We recently paid extra for premium economy on an Air Canada rouge flight, which got us bulkhead seats in an emergency row, adjacent to the bathrooms. The cold air coming from the emergency door made for a drafty cold trip - as well there was non stop traffic to and from the bathrooms. The additional space offered for the the upgrade is underwhelming as you can't stretch your legs out anyway and the quality of seat padding is poor. I am consistently disappointed with Air Canada rouge and frustrated that if I wish to continue to support Air Canada, Rouge is the only option for many Air Canada routes.
Aircraft TypeBoing 767-300
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownJanuary 2017
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Power Supply 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"narrow, cheap and uncomfortable"

Verified Review | I flew with two friends and we all sat together in 15A/B/C. As close friends we were extremely close physically, given the very narrow width (18") of the seats. Simply to move your arms or position in a seat always caused us to touch or bump each other. The pitch on these seats is only 29". Plus you feel any touch/connection to the back of the sear by the passenger behind you, as the seat construction is so narrow, cheap and uncomfortable.
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"no room whatsoever"

Verified Review | We were concerned when Air Canada moved all its Florida flights to Rouge because I had read that there was less room. That is an understatement. There is no room whatsoever. We have been flying A/C for 11 years 6-7 times to Florida on the passes, including our kids and grandkids who come down at least once a year each. But this configuration is so cramped, I can't believe anyone seriously thinks that passengers are going to be okay with it. They did not drop prices on the pass; they do charge for a stored bag and they also charge for a preferred seat although they don't look any bigger to me, (but we will find out next trip). This is totally a cash grab. I could not comfortably open my lap top in front of me, my knees were pressed against the seat in front, and when I dropped a pen, I couldn't get down to pick it up.
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

the most uncomfortable seats"

They call it cattle class for a reason! I am 5'3" and I could barely move. If I had been any broader in the beam I would not have fit at all. If the person in front had reclined, they would have been in my lap and rendered tray table totally useless. Never mind getting up to crawl across two other similarly imprisoned people to go to the bathroom. No in flight entertainment except rental iPad ($10) and no charging available for personal devices. These are the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in over 40 years of mainly business-related travel!
Date FlownOctober 2016

"Seating was horrible"

The plane was fairly up to date, but USB charging ports would be helpful since the only screens are iPads or tablets, available for rent or bring your own. The crew was very pleasant and professional. There seemed to be plenty of available food for purchase. Seating was horrible and a bit of a nightmare since I'm 6'4", I wish that I had taken more time to check reviews and such. My knees still ache from being jammed against the seat in front of me.
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"Couldn't stretch out"

First the positives - the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Terrific service. However being 6 ft 1 the seating was terrible. Extremely uncomfortable. Couldn't stretch out. Fare wasn't a bargain either. I will only fly Air Canada Rouge again if I can purchase their premium economy seats
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"Seats were so cramped"

Traveled from Toronto to Edinburgh. Seats were so cramped very uncomfortable. No onboard entertainment unless you download an app and have an ipad with you. They do offer a limited number of ipads for rent for $10.00 you pay that and still have to give them your driver's licence or passport to guarantee return of the ipad. On return flight we upgraded and paid for extra leg room - was an improvement. We were given a meal - not good - the food was delivered - no choice but drinks were not offered until 25 minutes later - service is very slow. I hope to never fly with Rouge again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767-300
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownJuly 2016

"most uncomfortable seat"

I flew Air Canada Rouge for the first time return to FLL. It appeared to be a new A319 and the most uncomfortable seat ever. I don't consider myself big: 6 ft and 195 lbs. My knees were literary touching the back of the seat in front of me. I couldn't even stretch my legs out as there was absolutely no wiggle room so I had no thigh support. Also there was no entertainment system. I prefer the standard Air Canada planes where you have a video system with choice of movies and TV shows so all you need is a pair of headphones. On the return flight it was a Boeing 767 and the seating was marginally better. Next time I will have to suck it up and spend the extra $41 they were charging for 'premium' seating which provides a couple of inches of extra room.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"small amount of room"

I flew the YYC to LAX route with Air Canada Rouge and was shocked at the small amount of room between seats. The flight attendant serving our area bumped my seat at least 10 times. I could not recline my seat without crushing the person behind me. I would not recommend this airline if you are taller than 5 feet.
Aircraft TypeA320
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"unconfortable in a plane"

We usually fly with Air Canada so we are used of their service, which is usually OK. For the first time we traveled with Air Canada rouge. Worst flight ever. My husband is very tall (6'5") so he is used to be unconfortable in a plane, but this time it was physically impossible for him to fit in his seat. Therefore his legs were taking half of my leg space. Also we were traveling with our 6 months old baby. Before boarding we asked for a place next to an empty seat. They said they could not help us because the plane was almost full and it would be difficult to give us such place. I was okay with the answer, but in the plane there was available seats and one guy had the three seats for him. We were not aware that there was no tv, movie, music available until we were on the plane, and it was too late at this point to download the Air Canada application on our tablet. Food was not good!
Date FlownNovember 2015